coolbreeze

Btw my all time favourite cap for the dynavap is the low temp cap! ;)
Yeah, with a std Ti tip...
Do Want Scooby Doo GIF

coolbreeze,

the_hexx

Team Hash
Proud M and VonG owner so far, I stumbled across a decent Black Friday deal for the Simrell MVS but I'm not sure if I should just wait for the Gen 2 Revolve stem?

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Proud M and VonG owner so far, I stumbled across a decent Black Friday deal for the Simrell MVS but I'm not sure if I should just wait for the Gen 2 Revolve stem?
It depends. The MVS is beautiful. It's a big hunka piece of titanium. It is a fantastic combination of flavor and cooling. You can add a Stinger or performance kit to your current dynavaps for similar results. Still though, the mvs and Vortex are beautiful.

The Revolve is if you want max cooling. You can still dial in some flavor, but not as much as Dynavap and Simrell. It's a compromise, but a good one. The Revolve also has draw resistance control. It's a great thing.

Both solid choices you can't go wrong with.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Crazy DV sale at POTV: Omnis $55-62 off; $33-45 off Vongs, etc. Ends tonight (11-16) at 11:59.
Awww man. I just ordered an older Omnivap XL from there for the same price a few days ago :bang:
Could've had the new model. Ugh

Anyhow, this is my first dyna after my model 2021M that I upgraded with a Simrell Stinger so first time experience with a Ti tip. Any advice? I've been heating with the iSpire Wand and loving it so eager to see what the Dynavap flagship is like.

What exactly is the low-temp cap? I think the normal cap clicks first at 350F? Should I get one for the Omnivap? I sometimes (rarely) taste combusted material with my current setup even though I respect the click. Not sure why it happens sometimes. Maybe I pack it too high or tight without realizing.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: Timps27

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
You’re going to love the Omni; once you tune the condenser to your draw you never have to work an airport again. The stinger is a great experience, but it requires far more frequent maintenance. If you plan to use a Dyna daily I recommend the Omni over a Simrell mod, it’s more functional in that service IMO.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
You’re going to love the Omni; once you tune the condenser to your draw you never have to work an airport again. The stinger is a great experience, but it requires far more frequent maintenance. If you plan to use a Dyna daily I recommend the Omni over a Simrell mod, it’s more functional in that service IMO.
Thanks for the feedback. So once I tune the condenser with the mouthpiece then the airport does nothing?

So I'm expecting a faster heat up/cool down with the Ti tip but is it even easier to combust with Titanium due to the quick heat up? I'm looking into trying the low-temp cap. I'm guessing the Omni comes with a regular cap.

TigoleBitties,

coolbreeze

Awww man. I just ordered an older Omnivap XL from there for the same price a few days ago :bang:
Could've had the new model. Ugh

Anyhow, this is my first dyna after my model 2021M that I upgraded with a Simrell Stinger so first time experience with a Ti tip. Any advice? I've been heating with the iSpire Wand and loving it so eager to see what the Dynavap flagship is like.

What exactly is the low-temp cap? I think the normal cap clicks first at 350F? Should I get one for the Omnivap? I sometimes (rarely) taste combusted material with my current setup even though I respect the click. Not sure why it happens sometimes. Maybe I pack it too high or tight without realizing.
The Omni's great! The new one is also awesome, but the OG's a classic for a reason.

So once I tune the condenser with the mouthpiece then the airport does nothing?
depends on how much you close off the air supply.

So I'm expecting a faster heat up/cool down with the Ti tip but is it even easier to combust with Titanium due to the quick heat up? I'm looking into trying the low-temp cap. I'm guessing the Omni comes with a regular cap.
Comes with a regular cap; heats and cools marginally faster; low-temp clicks at a slightly lower temp and is perfect for the OG Ti tip.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
It’s not so much that the airport does nothing, just that you can tune it to your preferred mixture rate, so there is no need to cover with your finger and manipulate to achieve desired mixture. It takes away a variable and helps get a consistent experience with each use.

doug@futo

Owner @ Futo
Accessory Maker
I’ve been super into my two tone Vong and matching two tone @doug@futo stash. I wanted a second matching stem and stash and asked Doug if he would make me a shorty stem. He said he had never done it but would oblige. So here it is. Blond Cocobolo with some worm holes. The stem has no airport. I find when I’m out with my Dynavaps it’s way easier to pass it around with noobs. He also lined the stem for me which he usually only does on the galaxy stems.
D4-B9-CCAC-D635-48-DC-92-D7-552636-B8681-C.jpg
Hy nice photo - so that's some wormy cocobolo we've had in stock for years from this batch we imported to make a special run of DynaStashes, it was custom request from George to get the blonde sap wood. We had to import it from this guy who bought a plantation and started growing the trees in South America, usually when you get cocobolo wood it always has the sapwood trimmed off to get the typical darker heartwood, but I like the two toned effect. Also nice that it fits the Simrell mouth piece (because I didn't have one to test fit).. if Austyn sent us one of those for our photo both I would use it..

Last edited:

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Hey, does anyone have a Canada friendly link to some mesh screens that will fit the Dyna? Getting fed up with my 3 CCDs flying accross the room lol i remembered seeing a link here, but i couldn't find it easily when I tried to do a search. My apologies for asking a common question, I just cannot find that link no matter how hard I look lol then again, I guess I could be "Guy Looking" as my GF would call it lol she often finds what I look for moments after I give up lmao

HyDrOpOnIc1987,

GratefulDread

Thoughts on the Sneaky Pete Half Bowl Converter?
I'm looking for a better microdose setup. The dyna is already great for that, of course, but am wondering if the half bowl converter take it to the next level.

GratefulDread,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I'm looking for a better microdose setup. The dyna is already great for that, of course, but am wondering if the half bowl converter take it to the next level.
I bought it to try but don't think it's worth it imo. Maybe if it were priced lower. It does add thermal mass to the tip (likely helps Ti tips more than SS tips) and this can be useful in cold weather but not super necessary I think.

For some people getting the screen to stay securely in the half bowl setting is difficult so it could help in this regard. Other than that, I don't think it's worth the cost. Just my :2c:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

I don’t know about “next level”, I got two on sale, it’s just plain CONVENIENT. Find other things on his site you might need or want, and just add it to your cart. Then you can decide for yourself. For me it was worth it.

fogbank

Will add to the other favorable reports. I use them in a couple of my DVs and they are a convenient way to cut the bowl size in half. They do seem to make the stem hotter, but that doesn't bother me. I find the half bowl to be the perfect size dose for me.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I got mine for free with an order from SP once. It is very convenient as Rusty said. I think it is probably not worth it at full price.

GratefulDread

It may add a little mass for heating but I'm not sure it makes a big difference other than making it easier to set the screen, really, but it's no easier than the two-bowl method:
7u8i7diln2481.jpg
Woah, first I'm hearing of this trick (just joined the forum). Thanks, I think I'll go this route.

What about the Ti dyna tips? I've only had "M" tips (3 gens)
I like the sound of the quicker cool up and cool down. I think it would work well with my induction heater.
Also lookin at the Sneaky Pete "Add-A-Cap" all glass stem. I'm a flavor chaser.

Edit: All glass stem I'm referring to. LINK

Last edited:
Top Bottom