• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

coolbreeze

Thank you can you clarify, the skills you mentioned apply for IH as well, or just torch? I have a IH Apollo Rover 2 and Orion 2 IH, both by DV. For vaporizers I own old Omni, new Omni and Vortex, some caps and the half bowl divider.

Still I use less and less in favor of other vapes, as I cannot achieve constantly good taste and the terps are still visible in the ABV, not proper extraction. Also on stirring when I remove the stirring tool, part of the (half vaped) mini dose drops out of the tip. I use the divider and the amount I load is minimal. After couple of draws I need to stir. The half vaped weed inside the half bowl has more volume than the green weed. So it's very difficult to remove the stirring tool, no matter how thin it is, without dropping some of the very small load.
Maybe your IHs heat too fast/aggressively? It sounds a little like when your torch is too high and you roast a Ti tip too fast. Do you get similar results when you use a torch? If so it still could possibly be your heater AND your technique, but if not it's more likely a too-fast/aggressive IH, possibly in combo with a fine, tight pack?

condition

@coolbreeze the Orion 2 is very fast but the Apollo Rover no. But with Apollo I need to cool it down after the double click and then reheat and wait for double click again in order to get decent vapor without burn taste.

fogbank

Thank you can you clarify, the skills you mentioned apply for IH as well, or just torch? I have a IH Apollo Rover 2 and Orion 2 IH, both by DV.
DV "skills" can apply to IH as well. You need to develop your technique to match your desired results. I can't speak about the Apollo, but I own an Orion v2. I was able to dial it in so I get exactly the results I like. Dark brown ABV after 4 draws on half-pack bowls (screen in half height position).

I can get the same or similar results with the other 3 induction heater models that I use. Again, it's just a matter of dialing in your technique. The Ti tip of the Omni requires slightly different technique (less total heat time) than the SS tip of the M. And each induction heater is a little different. In most cases I use a pre-heat cycle before I draw. Heat to (or past) the click, put the VC directly on the magnet until the cool down click, then heat again and draw. The "technique" involves knowing how many seconds past the click to heat on each cycle.

coolbreeze

@coolbreeze the Orion 2 is very fast but the Apollo Rover no. But with Apollo I need to cool it down after the double click and then reheat and wait for double click again in order to get decent vapor without burn taste.
This may seem counterintuitive, but I'd suggest getting an SS M tip: it's more forgiving than any of the Ti bowls and easier to learn with. I think I'd also suggest putting whichever IH you find more challenging aside for a minute and concentrate on learning the quirks of your DV tips and your easier heater with less complications. Having one set of heating conditions for now may make it easier to get the flavor and effects you're after.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Thank you can you clarify, the skills you mentioned apply for IH as well, or just torch
Some good advice seems to have been given to your question. It’s all a game of variables. Exploring all of them till you find a combination that works for you is where you will find success. Every cap tip combo is slightly different even when users are comparing the same cap tip combo they will get different results because some variable is different. Like different flame lengths or different IH heating profiles. Results vary from IH to IH as well. Sometimes my variables lead me down a road where the click doesn’t mean shit anymore.

ezpz

Thank you can you clarify, the skills you mentioned
For starters.........
You need a certain type of tip with a certain amount of fins from a certain year. Get a certain type of torch, set at a certain level, aimed at a certain spot, at a certain angle, while spinning in a certain way. Heat a certain amount of time after a certain click. Don't forget to inhale a certain way.

Same goes for IHs but variables x, y, z, become variables l, m, n, o, p.

OR.......... now hear me out on this one.........

Get an fmj (or $1 home depot copper), slip it on a captive cap, spotlight the "S" with a single flamed torch, click, click, inhale. Reheat for desired avb color. :D

I apologize in advance. I'm not trying to start trouble, I just thought the progression of yesterday's discussion was amusing.

VC training wheels LOL
:lmao:

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Anybody ever purchase a stem from Ladat in Vietnam? They have alway looked beautifully crafted and feel I might need to add one to the collection.
ED473-A38-14-D3-4-E01-AC94-D984-E2859635.jpg

Edit: If training wheels were an improvement to the intended use of a bicycle wouldn’t we all be using them in adulthood too? Sure they could work for me at this point in my life but I would find them limiting the potential of my bike.

Last edited:

ezpz

If training wheels were an improvement to the intended use of a bicycle wouldn’t we all be using them in adulthood too?
Not suggesting it's an improvement, but it does make life easier for some folk. And yes, adults use training wheels.
Working Out GIF by Planet Fitness

But I understand (and respect) the "limitations" reference. :tup:

@ezpz I am convinced. If someone can help me for FMJ order from EU, would be obliged.
Lmk if you can't get one. I bought 2.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
@ezpz you should try the method I've settled on for heating and see if you get a bigger hit.

torch on low, heating with the tip of the flame till you get the shinny circle the size of the S, then move the torch closer to make the circle 1 1/2-2 times bigger than the S and wait for the clicks. gives me one hit extraction.

Smokey McVape

Anybody ever purchase a stem from Ladat in Vietnam? They have alway looked beautifully crafted and feel I might need to add one to the collection.
ED473-A38-14-D3-4-E01-AC94-D984-E2859635.jpg

Edit: If training wheels were an improvement to the intended use of a bicycle wouldn’t we all be using them in adulthood too? Sure they could work for me at this point in my life but I would find them limiting the potential of my bike.
Do you have a link for those beautiful stems by any chance. Thanks.

ezpz

@ezpz you should try the method I've settled on for heating and see if you get a bigger hit.

torch on low, heating with the tip of the flame till you get the shinny circle the size of the S, then move the torch closer to make the circle 1 1/2-2 times bigger than the S and wait for the clicks. gives me one hit extraction.
Will definitely try this. Theory sounds good with super heating the copper at the end. And as always.... Great vid. :tup:

My_50p_worth

Something that I’ve wondered with the FMJ - seeing as the anvil needs a beefier torch for the extra mass, what would happen if that same logic was applied to the FMJ?

Maybe some are getting underwhelming extraction results due to this factor, just not pumping in enough heat by click time

My_50p_worth,
Reactions: endof3d

coolbreeze

Something that I’ve wondered with the FMJ - seeing as the anvil needs a beefier torch for the extra mass, what would happen if that same logic was applied to the FMJ?

Maybe some are getting underwhelming extraction results due to this factor, just not pumping in enough heat by click time
I think you're right. I've been using my powerful little pear-shaped torch and making a smaller circle. Heats up a little slower for a more complete roast.

coolbreeze,

HyDrOpOnIc1987

My parcel from Dynavap with the replacement tip and cap came today. My AzuriuM tip was flaking its metallic coating off. I asked for a SS cap and tip, but they sent a single AzuriuM cap first last week. Forgot the tip lol so, then the CS woman named Christine made a new order but it was for a AzuriuM tip so I very quickly tried to get a hold of her and she cancelled that order and set me up with another. She sent a SS tip and cap this time (exactly what was needed. I have asthma so the idea of metallic flakes coming off my DV and being inhaled was worrying) as well as 2 different sticker packs and 2 C-Vaps. One happened to have a low temp cap on it. Neither of the caps are captive though so maybe one is one of the old caps every lusts after? Doubt it though cuz they woulda used them with the M's they brought back out recently. One can dream though lol

Anyways, I included some pics in case everyone was curious. Gunna have some fun today! :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Cheers!

My_50p_worth

My parcel from Dynavap with the replacement tip and cap came today. My AzuriuM tip was flaking its metallic coating off. I asked for a SS cap and tip, but they sent a single AzuriuM cap first last week. Forgot the tip lol so, then the CS woman named Christine made a new order but it was for a AzuriuM tip so I very quickly tried to get a hold of her and she cancelled that order and set me up with another. She sent a SS tip and cap this time (exactly what was needed. I have asthma so the idea of metallic flakes coming off my DV and being inhaled was worrying) as well as 2 different sticker packs and 2 C-Vaps. One happened to have a low temp cap on it. Neither of the caps are captive though so maybe one is one of the old caps every lusts after? Doubt it though cuz they woulda used them with the M's they brought back out recently. One can dream though lol

Anyways, I included some pics in case everyone was curious. Gunna have some fun today! :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Cheers!
Dude you got a rare part!

The non captive low temp cap. That 19m tip is perfect too, great grooves on that. You scored man, that c-vap there will vape circles around your new 21m tip

Enjoy!

My_50p_worth

Yes! Thats exactly what I was hoping for! Thanks for confirming. :)
Aww man see this is why you should all be asking for c-vaps!

If DV are gonna give you their best parts for free then it’s foolish not to ask for at least one. If you believe in the paying it forward thing then just give away an old setup like I do. George will still eat tonight I promise ;)

coolbreeze

Yeah, but now you gotta buy one of your friends a DV so that you can keep the karma upgrades!

Edit: Maybe I should have said "acquire." You don't have to buy one, exactly, although different methods of acquisition do attach different karmas, so word to the wise!

My_50p_worth

Well, i got 2 so how about i keep the good one, gift the lesser one to my mother in law. Will that appease the DV gods? Lol i still love my current DV and I'm broke as a joke atm lol :)
Honestly, most people take the good parts and then sell the rest as frankenvaps

Even if you get one person into vaping it’s still a good thing :)

Top Bottom