• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Hippie

I think Austyn favours the Ti tip for the spirals to screw the captive cap on and off, more than anything
I took a pair of pliers and pinched the FMJ and cap into shape (like you would normally just pinch a cap between your fingers) to make it slightly oval like all my other caps, so it goes on and comes off most of my tips a lil easier now. My Ti Vong is smaller than all the others so there's a danger of it falling off if you move it around BUT that also means you can pull the cap with a magnet while it's on the bong, which I quite like to be honest lol

The extra mass of the FMJ gives you more control going beyond the click as it takes longer to heat ... and go too far, so hitting whatever colour AVB you want should be easier with the FMJ.

Yeah it's a section of copper pipe with a slit in but you can see that before you buy and decide whether to go DiY or not.
It does what it says on the tin, for me. I get longer at temp and can heat it without spinning so I'm quite happy with my new bits of pipe with a fancy S on.

hinglemccringleberry

i'm just not convinced the vortex/mvs really alters the experience that much to justify the pricing.
It does. I went from an Omnivap to a Simrell stem. It was the piece that made me realize I can daily drive the DV forever. A titanium DV + Simrell stem is a great value if you're gonna daily drive it for the rest of your life and be so satisfied that it kills your VAS, as it did for me.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Jesus H Christ this thread is a shitshow. I'm going to be shutting it down for maintainence for a bit.

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

:peace:

oneiros.

long lost dreamer
He didn't show the avb though , it was probably combusted like George's at Vapefiend was lol
I saw the live stream on Instagram and he did show it after each hit because people kept saying he combusted. First one was a proper done dark brown, and the other ones it was a lighter brown that would need a second heating, although it seemed like he could kept going with the first heat up.

Does anyone have a problem with their ccd no staying on the bottom position? Seems like I have the reverse problem as everyone, my TI ccd stays on the half bowl position just fine with my VonG tip, but won't stay on the lower position lol. Has happened already with two CCDs. I think I'll just continue using my Underdog screens instead of getting replacements.

oneiros.,

StringTheorista

Does anyone have a problem with their ccd no staying on the bottom position? Seems like I have the reverse problem as everyone, my TI ccd stays on the half bowl position just fine with my VonG tip, but won't stay on the lower position lol. Has happened already with two CCDs.
Yeah, I have a rosium ti tip that can only use a steel ccd, ti one falls right out

StringTheorista,

jabba

Nice! My favorite setup in the world, especially with a low-temp cap. mmmm mm!
I've bought and sold more rigs than I can count. I had slimmed down to all metal stems... and frankly somewhat redundant stems of a type that I'm particularly fond of. This is one setup that I have wanted to do for a really long time that differs from my norm. I think I'm really going to like this one for torch use. The wood stem is simple and lovely. The spinning mouthpiece is unsurprisingly pleasant with a torch.

Look gang!..... We did it!..... We changed the subject!

Last edited:

coolbreeze

This is one setup that I have wanted to do for a really long time so I finally pulled the trigger. So far I think I'm really going to like this one.

It's a classic and Ed's stems are all individually lovely in my experience, and he'll make you one of your choice of wood if he can. It's nice to see another one in the wild.

I have some shorties, too and man, I don't even know what to say. I got a little gold Omni with a flaw or two so I went through my box and found the one short stem that would fit it--a stunning cocobolo. It's the most amazing faux-chic chic thng I have and I'm both thoroughly embarrassed by it and totally in love with it.

I think I'm really going to like this one for torch use. The wood stem is simple and lovely. The spinning mouthpiece is unsurprisingly pleasant with a torch.
Yeah, exactly. Looks and feels elegant, simple, clean. The wood's got a nice grip, the smooth metal feel nice, and combined with the length it's a favorite spinner. Aesthetically it's second only to the earlier Woodies, I think.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I'm lookin forward to tossin it on the 2x adapter tho.
Ow, my lungs! :tup:

Edit: It seems weird when you think about it: the avb isn't unusual looking for a fairly even roast, except it's the result of only one torching rather than 3 or 4. That copper band holds enough heat to act like the torch 2-3 more times. Or maybe not exactly because it must take more energy to lose the heat and regain it rather than to simply store it for a minute.

Last edited:

jabba

This has been an eventful 24 hours! I guess he decided to move to Vapor Asylum and call everyone nazis and cry victim. This is all very odd. I love it
I think the mod banned him. It was entertaining for a bit.... but it then quickly seemed like a peek into mental illness..... not entertaining at all.

Yeah, exactly. Looks and feels elegant, simple, clean. The wood's got a nice grip, the smooth metal feel nice, and combined with the length it's a favorite spinner. Aesthetically it's second only to the earlier Woodies, I think.
Those original dyna Ed woodies are what got me started on this mission. There is something special about those. I understand they had a lot of cracking problems, however, I'm a fairly light user and don't suspect that it would have been a problem for me. I wish I had one of those.

Ultraviolet

Ow, my lungs! :tup:

Edit: It seems weird when you think about it: the avb isn't unusual looking for a fairly even roast, except it's the result of only one torching rather than 3 or 4. That copper band holds enough heat to act like the torch 2-3 more times. Or maybe not exactly because it must take more energy to lose the heat and regain it rather than to simply store it for a minute.
The way I think about it is like this: the FMJ provides significantly more mass than the thin walls of the cap provides. Because the sleeve is made of copper its distributing the heat very evenly within the cap. The cap is slow to heat up because of the added mass but also slow to cool down as well, so if the cap clicks at ~400F the temperature in the cap is staying at around that temperature for much longer. That adds some risk/reward because you can absolutely get very even darker roasting by going past click but if you combust your cap is staying in that combustion temperature for a hell of a long time.

zatonic

The way I think about it is like this: the FMJ provides significantly more mass than the thin walls of the cap provides. Because the sleeve is made of copper its distributing the heat very evenly within the cap. The cap is slow to heat up because of the added mass but also slow to cool down as well, so if the cap clicks at ~400F the temperature in the cap is staying at around that temperature for much longer. That adds some risk/reward because you can absolutely get very even darker roasting by going past click but if you combust your cap is staying in that combustion temperature for a hell of a long time.
I can imagine Austyn's next product, the FMJ rapid cooler. Maybe a thick aluminum sleeve / cap you put on after your hit?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Love my early Woody which has a blackwood body by Ed and a wood MP. The only downside is it's not an XL and I have gotten used to longer VapCaps. I still use the older tip on it for nostalgia's sake...
blackwood-vc.jpg

Top Bottom