zatonic

Has anyone else received theirs? Same results as DC? DC, have you tried going a few seconds past the second click? Simrell got a giant couple hits off one heat in the sneaky pete interview. But he does mention needing to go a few seconds more.

zatonic,

Shorner

Has anyone else received theirs? Same results as DC? DC, have you tried going a few seconds past the second click? Simrell got a giant couple hits off one heat in the sneaky pete interview. But he does mention needing to go a few seconds more.
He didn't show the avb though , it was probably combusted like George's at Vapefiend was lol

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector

Cannabiker

I've had mine for a couple of days. Heated with a Blazer mirco, right on the "S", it does indeed produce a dark, complete roast at the second click. But given the vagaries of Dynavap performance between different tips, caps, lighters, etc., I'm not surprised we're seeing varied results. I'm using a Vong with its original tip, along with a "710" cap (it's just a regular captive with that etched on it). I tried using the Vong's original cap, but I had crimped the captive tabs flat. It was working great standing up in my Goo Roo Hookah, but then I tried it native, and as soon as the Vong dropped below level, the cap slipped off, and the hot little fucker fell into my lap.

Mine works exactly as promised. Personally, I'm delighted with this little VAS quencher. I'm always looking for new and novel vaping experiences, and this provided one for just ten bucks. I probably won't even use it very much--I have Anvils--but it definitely provided its money's worth of amusement.

Mine works as advertised, I did a rambling comparison/post on this thread:
'Anvil vs Vapcap Discussion' https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/anvil-vs-vapcap-discussion.52101/post-1651923

Sorry to hear some aren't getting the results they thought they would. Mine extracts well but I still can't remove/replace the hot FMJ cap pleasingly.
I use a small dab mat ( or a corner cut off a large one) as a little oven mit. It can be a little hard finding the sweet spot to get it off and on. I like using it with the 5fin Ti (or 7fin 4th gen tip) the spirals interface nicely with the captivations.

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
I use a small dab mat ( or a corner cut off a large one) as a little oven mit. It can be a little hard finding the sweet spot to get it off and on. I like using it with the 5fin Ti (or 7fin 4th gen tip) the spirals interface nicely with the captivations.
Thanks, yeah I'm using a 5 fin Ti tip, it isn't as smooth as it was before putting the FMJ on. Maybe I need to reshape things a bit. I reckon it might go on the old style M tips with the spirals better but haven't tried yet.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
We are all different in here with different experiences, different techniques, and different end games. No two of us are alike. I consider myself a pretty professional vapor at this point, yet I have hardly ever been able to get a great hit from a VapCap with a fully open air port, something that George the creator and many users swear by. To call a product shit because you can't make it work when others insist it DOES work is the height of arrogance. Maybe you need to keep trying or just move on rather than insisting that everyone who disagrees with you is wrong.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I think this is very interesting. Ever since George's TeaTime explaining the 3 lots of metal purchased for caps, I've been curious as to what happened in recent years.

George said there was an original batch... a second batch in early '18 from a different supplier, and a 3rd batch from the OG supplier.
Early caps were nice and hot. Reading a 5-6 gain ratio on older caps was quite normal. Combustion from these caps too was a convection issue as it always lit a coal in the middle of the load.

My first dud was a 2020 cap. A gain ratio of 2.75:1 wasn't cutting it. Combined with the airy tip, it made for my first suck experience with my Dynavap. It was sold soon thereafter.

Here comes early '22 and new materials arrived. I didn't give my 419 caps and a standard cap any attention since ordering them at the 419 sale. But when George mentioned that these were from the OG supplier, my ears perked up.

I finally did the gain ratio test. For those who have only heard the term, this is how the cap interacts with the induction heater. An induction heater that draws 1 amp when idle (no cap) and draws 2.75 amps with the cap is a cap that has a gain ratio of 2.75:1, for instance.

Moving forward, and how this relates to Simrell's FMJ sleeve, and @Demonic chronic 's observations are based on older hotter caps as are mine with some early testing with 'sleeves'. Turns out that the recent 419 caps and the standard cap from the shop all came in at a whopping GR of 5.3:1! These caps are the caps of yesteryear. Full extraction in 2 draws, no problem.

This is what I was all on about over the past year or so. George made the point very well at TeaTime. I don't know that he got it but he finally understood that the metal's reaction to induction heaters varies. Well, they should vary a little but not as much as in recent years. From sheet to sheet, there is a difference. Hopefully they are closer to the same thing from cap to cap and sheet to sheet this time.

I'm still all in favor of binning the caps. Not tossing them, but binning them to performance levels. George doesn't seem to have caught onto the fact that when it reacts differently in the IH, it also tends to hold heat better with a torch. There is a huge difference in performance when you see the various gain ratios and how they perform.

Are we going to see wild variation with this lot of material? I don't know. But I am more than happy with my 419 purchase as these are the caps I've sought for some time now.

Shorner

We are all different in here with different experiences, different techniques, and different end games. No two of us are alike. I consider myself a pretty professional vapor at this point, yet I have hardly ever been able to get a great hit from a VapCap with a fully open air port, something that George the creator and many users swear by. To call a product shit because you can't make it work when others insist it DOES work is the height of arrogance. Maybe you need to keep trying or just move on rather than insisting that everyone who disagrees with you is wrong.
I can get a big hit with air hole open.or closed...I'm interested to.fimd out how I get on with the fmj.

kuzko

This. DC was mentioning pages ago that the cap was falling off which is unusual given that the FMJ adds more tension to the cap and thus more of a pain to remove.

Yeah, this was my first thought too. I strain to remove the cap with an FMJ. If it’s so loose that it’s falling off then it’s way too loose and perhaps not making good contact with tip, resulting in wispy hits? There is a very large difference in vapor production for me between heating to first click with and without an FMJ.

Steamer

It’s simple physics people… copper heats up and cools down a lot faster than titanium, I’m not even going to compare it with stainless steel because the thermal mass is so different. The reason why I didn’t buy one of these is because it only serves one purpose: being able to heat up your vapcap without spinning it. It has ABSOLUTELY NO added thermal mass because of the physical properties of the material, it only enhances fhe heat transfer all across the tip.

I’m sorry but @Demonic chronic you’re making a fool of yourself. Taking legal actions because you spent £10 on a part that doesn’t satisfy you is just a childish reaction and will leave you bankrupt. I for myself am fed up with your take on captive caps and it’s time that you start blaming yourself for the mistakes that you make. You’ve had the part for how long? And did you try it with different tips etc.?

As far as I can tell, the only thing you do is be negative about all of the stuff that you don’t like.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I honestly get best results with an older standard cap with out a sleeve, when I put a sleeve on a captive it takes more heat cycles (defeats the purpose of it supposedly becoming a 1 hitter, the only reason it was bought), 1 hitter bullshiter:lol:.OG cap 100% vapes in 2 hits, with sleeve still green after 2 or 3 hits at the second click. Again no probs with normal caps or torches I’ve used them for years.
THIS!^ Those older caps -are- hotter than a sleeve. First thing I noticed testing varieties of the 'armored cap' as DV called them.

As to why non-captive caps fall off - the "re-rounding" that installing the FMJ does to the ovalized cap is what makes them fall off. You would need to ovalize the FMJ to maintain the oval shape of the cap. Probably a pretty tight fit after that. No more cap removals using just a magnet.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I’ve moved away from smaller torches with the FMJ. My Blazer fire fox I use with my Anvil is doing the trick. I just needed to throw more heat at this thing. The copper gets hotter before the cap clicks. Using a captive cap and heating till the second click looks something like this……works for me. I definitely think this thing will have its place.
C13-B7594-22-CC-4-FAB-9-E7-E-D46-C5-BACE57-E.jpg

coolbreeze

Yo, I'm back with some science! Did i miss anything?

Abstract: Previous studies show classic Ti tips produce prodigious vapor, roasty flavor, dark even avb. The '21 VonG tip produces prodigious (but less) vapor, decent flavor, requires second roast. This study tests 2018, 2019, and 2020 stainless steel M tips.

Results for all three M tips are similar, with the '20 lightest. All three perform more like the Vong tip than the classic Ti tip. Personally, I find it to be a good experience, in that it does extract an awful lot of vapor, the quality is decent, and I got stoned as fuck. On the other hand, you'll see from my results that the roasts may not satisfy all users without modifications in technique.

Main test rig and torch:
IMG-0706.jpg

Secondary test rig. Not suitable, really, but I just got it so I thought I'd show it off:
IMG-0704.jpg

Results: very similar, thorough, medium roasts, with the '20 lightest. The color (a little darker than it looks here) belies the actual production, as that inline-triple donut turned completely opaque at least twice per heating, with the '20 going another half a whiteout, maybe. (Sorry for the shitty pics, lab equipment's as old as science itself.)
IMG-0710.jpg

The upshot seems to be 1) I think it does an impressive job filling my bongs with gobs of vapor (too much for the Black Leaf bubbler), 2) it gets me high, 3) it has not earned me a place in the Dark Roast Club.

Back another time with the '21s and the standard Ti tip.

Yo, I'm back with some science! Did i miss anything?

Abstract: Previous studies show classic Ti tips produce prodigious vapor, roasty flavor, dark even avb. The '21 VonG tip produces prodigious (but less) vapor, decent flavor, requires second roast. This study tests 2018, 2019, and 2020 stainless steel M tips.

Results for all three M tips are similar, with the '20 lightest. All three perform more like the Vong tip than the classic Ti tip. Personally, I find it to be a good experience, in that it does extract an awful lot of vapor, the quality is decent, and I got stoned as fuck. On the other hand, you'll see from my results that the roasts may not satisfy all users without modifications in technique.

Main test rig and torch:
IMG-0706.jpg

Secondary test rig. Not suitable, really, but I just got it so I thought I'd show it off:
IMG-0704.jpg

Results: very similar, thorough, medium roasts, with the '20 lightest. The color (a little darker than it looks here) belies the actual production, as that inline-triple donut turned completely opaque at least twice per heating, with the '20 going another half a whiteout, maybe. (Sorry for the shitty pics, lab equipment's as old as science itself.)
IMG-0710.jpg

The upshot seems to be 1) I think it does an impressive job filling my bongs with gobs of vapor, 2) it gets me high, 3) it has not earned me a place in the Dark Roast Club.

Back another time with the '21s and the standard Ti tip.
So would you say works as advertised?

MoOiAmAtree,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I would gladly test this FMJ but its not in Canada yet :( I know what 1 hit extraction should look like and I already have no problem getting there with various techniques already. for the price of admission I'm game to try but its not like I'm a professional reviewer with freebies thrown my way:dog: I'd also have to buy a captive cap but already have a old 5 fin ti tip.

coolbreeze

I would gladly test this FMJ but its not in Canada yet :( I know what 1 hit extraction should look like and I already have no problem getting there with various techniques already. for the price of admission I'm game to try but its not like I'm a professional reviewer with freebies thrown my way:dog: I'd also have to buy a captive cap but already have a old 5 fin ti tip.

Lotus-style!

coolbreeze,
  • Love
Reactions: Bad Dog

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Do the balls restrict it much?
I was surprised myself that its not bad, the biggest limiting of the Dynavap is airflow through the cap. I have a 6mm in the 10mm joint with a toothpick to make a gap, I thought I'd use 2 or 3 toothpick pieces but one was enough oddly enough. the rest of the multi joint is filled with a mix of 6 and 4mm balls with all 4mm in the stem of the adapter. it might feel a bit restricted compared to a empty wpa and a 21 tip but with my 19m the restriction isn't earth shockingly different.

Top Bottom