• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

BallzMcVinegar

Yeah, it depends how easily your captive cap 'unscrews' from the tip. Mine isn't smooth enough to do this by magnet alone, it needs to be clasped by the the Reload and held while rotating the tip/body.

At the moment I'm using a wooden sprung clothes peg as a clasp when removing the hot cap. I'll try with the Reload again but I can't get the knack to do it smoothly. I am also finding the FMJ does slide around a bit even after it has 'clicked' into place.

Sometimes I find things fiddly at first so it might become a slicker operation, but removing and replacing a hot FMJ cap feels awkward for the time being. Still experimenting with heating variables.
How about test tube tongs?

CE-TUBHOLD__15596.1503517942.jpg

BallzMcVinegar,

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
I haven't tried taking it off yet, but it takes some force to fit it, so it feels like it'll be a bitch to get it off.

Thank you. Maybe I'll pass for now. I think I was kinda hoping for the best of both worlds: the thorough, even battery-fed roast with some flavor preserved, even at the cost of some volume. I figured the copper doesn't make it any hotter--it still clicks at the same temp--it just retains the temp through the entire clearing hit. Not sure why it wouldn't work on the same principle with a lower temp...

EDIT: Ok, I just tried it on my Vongi w/ its stock tip and a couple weird things: the herb was not completely roasted on the first hit; I was not punished with the customary carbon taste when I killed the cleanup heat--it tasted fine. This suggests that the bowl is not receiving (or holding, at least) the same amount of heat as my std Ti tip does on a similar heatup. It also suggests the bowl/cap/sleeve is not heating the bowl as quickly/thoroughly compared to its usual heating profile without it. Presumably this is because the sleeve is design/tested for regular tips primarily rather than for the massive ones. I wonder if he added the right amount more mass to the sleeve, if that would heat the massive tips like the current one does for the lighter tips?
Will these pass my dark roast test I wonder:rofl:, if I don’t get 1 fat bong hit and even extraction then it will be tossed in the back of a drawer and would get no use.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Got a 5 fin Ti cap working. Pinching the cap ever so slightly with the FMJ installed works just like without…obviously. Hits are the same as with the Vong tip. There is quite a bit of wiggle room going past the click. I think with practice everyone should be able to get the roast they want. Flavor is pretty good and the vapor through my piece is smooth and cool.

I’m working through a sinus infection and lost voice but once that’s sorted I’ll start hitting it natively. If it’s not to hot this will be a great out and about option for me….not that a stock Dynavap setup isn’t.
A6437074-86-AB-46-E2-BD8-A-676-F9-E1175-B4.jpg

coolbreeze

Will these pass my dark roast test I wonder:rofl:, if I don’t get 1 fat bong hit and even extraction then it will be tossed in the back of a drawer and would get no use.
Well, I bet you have no problem getting the one-hit extraction, but I wonder if you will think it's an improvement, or really if it's something you think compares positively at all. Of course, if you can develop those roasting skills as you have, you could probably push it where you want it anyhow. Just my opinion, but the quality of the vapor is better than I expected.

If it’s not to hot this will be a great out and about option for me…
Futostash with a magnet; use the Anvil hack of carrying extra ovens wrapped caps in the weed stash. Set the hot DV down on the magnet, invert, unscrew the tip/cap, debowl, reload, new cap, heat.... Just might work! Or you could just put it away hot, as well., I guess

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Futostash with a magnet; use the Anvil hack of carrying extra ovens wrapped caps in the weed stash. Set the hot DV down on the magnet, invert, unscrew the tip/cap, debowl, reload, new cap, heat.... Just might work! Or you could just put it away hot, as well., I guess
All very true. I was referring to the temperature of the vapor. If it’s to hot I cough a lot and it draws attention and people think I have Covid.

Smokey McVape

I haven't cleared a bong in a single hit with my FMJ after 20+ attempts - I still get better results with just a standard cap and torch. Thankfully it was only £10 wasted.

Demonic chronic

Just got my FMJ and I’m not impressed, every single time I move the dyna, the cap falls off, It didn’t not before I put cap on, turn upside down and the cap falls off every time, im thinking these r shite. No matter what I do the cap just falls off when in this sleeve (you would think it would of been tested for that), what a waste of money this thing was.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Just got my FMJ and I’m not impressed, every single time I move the dyna, the cap falls off, It didn’t not before I put cap on, turn upside down and the cap falls off every time, im thinking these r shite.
It's just the captive caps having their fun with you. @The Stray Fox has a fix above.

Fwiw, it should stay on your vong better. But, I'm finding I will have to adjust and find the right flame size/distance for the new Ti bowls. They work fine but end with a much lighter roast than the standard Ti tips. You might want to hit the Vong tip a little harder.

Last edited:

Demonic chronic

That’s what it’s falling off the vong, had my first hit and it was wispy as fuck compared to my old cap, I been waited till the second click as well, I’m starting to hate the FMJ, NOT better than my old cap, the FMJ doesn’t make a captive any better unfortunately, so I think these are gimmick, I’m getting fatter denser it’s with an og standard cap. And I followed instructions fully.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

That’s what it’s falling off the vong, had my first hit and it was wispy as fuck compared to my old cap, I been waited till the second click as well, I’m starting to hate the FMJ, NOT better than my old cap, the FMJ doesn’t make a captive unfortunately, so I think these are gimmick, I’m getting fatter denser it’s with an og standard cap. And I followed instructions fully.
Dang, man, that's a bummer. I'd encourage you to keep fucking with it, but I'm not surprised really that you find your technique better, because you've honed to just where you want it. And, I mean, they are a gimmick, but I gotta say I was feeling like you when I got those clouds off the standard Ti tip!

Demonic chronic

FMJ, followed instructions (false advertisement from simrell, deffo not heating in one hit or even 2 or 3, these are shite, and produce wispy vapour, which is very visible in a bong), tried different flame length/distance same results (already asked for a refund) and bellow my older OG cap same heat cycles and bong hits.
D9-DBC763-CE0-B-43-CA-9259-F5-F317310218.jpg

2-F0-FD2-EB-888-C-4-C42-928-A-7-B3-FF2-DDC1-BA.jpg

coolbreeze

FMJ, followed instructions (false advertisement from simrell, deffo not heating in one hit or even 2 or 3, these are shite, and produce wispy vapour, which is very visible in a bong), tried different flame length/distance same results (already asked for a refund) and bellow my older OG cap same heat cycles and bong hits.
D9-DBC763-CE0-B-43-CA-9259-F5-F317310218.jpg

2-F0-FD2-EB-888-C-4-C42-928-A-7-B3-FF2-DDC1-BA.jpg
I'm gonna mess around later and see what I can do. Like I said, I've had amazing results with the std Ti tip, but the newer tips, well, I wouldn't call my experience 'wispy' but it really required a second heating.

coolbreeze,

Demonic chronic

I'm gonna mess around later and see what I can do. Like I said, I've had amazing results with the std Ti tip, but the newer tips, well, I wouldn't call my experience 'wispy' but it really required a second heating.
I think the FMJ will require more than 3 heat cycles (funny cause it’s advertised as a 1 hitter:rofl:), clearly simrells a lying bastard, because this has not changed the performance of the captive caps one bit (sending it back for a refund), I truly do hate the FMJ’s. EDIT- @Shorner I was truly disappointed with these as they have done nothing in performance as you can see in my pic above.

coolbreeze

I think the FMJ will require more than 3 heat cycles (funny cause it’s advertised as a 1 hitter:rofl:), clearly simrells a lying bastard, because this has not changed the performance of the captive caps one bit, I truly do hate the FMJ’s
Sorry, I laughed because I thought you were hating on the caps again! I had the small hope that there could be a rapprochement for ya with the captive caps, but I never expected them to combine and make things worse! Some things are not to be....

I'm gonna try it with a SS tip, too and see how that goes. Anyhow, for me it's a mixed bag, but it works great with a std Ti tip so far. And, at least my Vong bowl didn't taste like an ashtray, as usual!

Last edited:

Demonic chronic

:rofl:I know you do! ; )

I'm gonna try it with a SS tip, too and see how that goes. Anyhow, for me it's a mixed bag, but it works great with a std Ti tip so far. And, at least my Vong bowl didn't taste like an ashtray, as usual!
Sadly for me simrells a lying bastard and this will be going back, fucking 1 hitter my arse, zero difference noticed or a single improvement, if anything much more of a pain in the arse case the bloody cap just drops off. And if it takes more than 2 hits it’s worse than my standard OG cap, what the fuck, but hey this is a 1 hitter:rofl:,

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Come on, DC, how do you REALLY feel? :ninja:

Thanks for testing you guys. I imagine there is a way to get this to work satisfactorily for some users and probably not for others, but my general distaste for hot metal was probably a deal killer for me anyway. Part of why generally the heated caps are not a problem for me is that they cool so quickly, a feature this device would likely discount or eliminate by design. Pretty color, tho... ;)

Demonic chronic

@Demonic chronic I don't think I'm going to like the fmj either as I too like a dark roast...
if your lucky like me and have og caps, then these will not satisfy you, I’m more pissed because simrells selling these as a 1 hitter things, and it is NOT, my captive was shite before I put the sleeve on and it’s was just as shite without sleeve.

Shorner

if your lucky like me and have og caps, then these will not satisfy you, I’m more pissed because simrells selling these as a 1 hitter things, and it is not, my captive was shite before I put the sleeve on and it’s was just as shite without sleeve.
I use a Shomni so yeah og cap and usually get a coffee roast after 2 hits..

That's the only reason I purchased was for the 1 hit extraction lol

Demonic chronic

I use a Shomni so yeah og cap and usually get a coffee roast after 2 hits..

That's the only reason I purchased was for the 1 hit extraction lol
Exactly the same as me you are:rofl:, then nah they won’t satisfy, I only bough for the 1 hit extraction as well so was extremely disappointed by its performance or lack of, which it can’t do as advertised, which is false advertisement. it doesn’t even fully vape after 2 bowl, still green. And I’ve tried everything different torches, different flame lengths and distances, finally conclusion is aye they are still shite and if I’m honest not worth the £10. Robbing bastards.

Last edited:
Demonic chronic,

Demonic chronic

Not Nice. Warning point issued.
Mine will be going back too then, piss taking cunts lol
Aye am well annoyed, mailed vapefiend saying these do not work as advertised so I want a full refund and that simrell is using false adverting in the 1 hitter claim, lying bastard Simrell!, honestly it’s one of the worst this I bought in a while, and I recently bought a torch that exploded in a fireball:rofl:

Shorner

George from Vapefiend was on Instagram
Aye am well annoyed, mailed vapefiend saying these do not work as advertised so I want a full refund and that simrell is using false adverting in the 1 hitter claim, lying bastard Simrell!, honestly it’s one of the worst this I bought in a while, and I recently bought a torch that exploded in a fireball:rofl:
George from Vapefiend did a video on Instagram praising it too, the fuckin fool had it on upside down and looked like he combusted twice lol

Top Bottom