• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

coolbreeze

for the low low price of 10 bucks plus shipping you can turn any Craigslist m into a anvil???? why the hell not! and this is not a official Dynavap accessory so no harm no foul on their part, third party power!
Lol. Of course, not really, but you can supercharge an M for $10*. This is why John shoulda took a toke rather than hit send. The competition is primarily perceptual, and after the copper dust settles, you will have a cheap but workable copper cap add-on that helps even out the DV, maybe adds some one-hit power, and you'll have an anvil that still does something very different. The Simrell sleeve is hardly going to prevent people from buying an Anvil who were gonna buy an Anvil but are now like, "Problem solved, no need."

But now, George looks like an elder statesman, showing no sweat and farming out his response to a respected after-marketer.

Anyhow, I hope it works well cuz it looks like a fun and useful addition, and I hope sales figures ease John's indigestion.

*assuming it works.

I love Anvil,, but i bought two Full Metal Jacket's to see how it compares.
Same here. Anvil rocks, but I'm here for the fun of it, basically, so this kind of thing is a no-brainer. 👍 👍 👍

Last edited:

duanecobain

i just ordered an FMJ...it's the first simrell product that is sanely priced imo...even his entry-level wood stems are way too expensive lol. no offense to austyn, he makes gorgeous stuff that is very well designed, i'm just not convinced the vortex/mvs really alters the experience that much to justify the pricing. (same goes for the omnivap tbh)

anyway, the FMJ... i usually use a single flame torch or the wand to pump the heat as much as possible for my first hit so this looks like this'll be a good fit for how i use my vapcap. hopefully it's not backordered for too long.

the vestratto guy's post from yesterday was a bit of an overreaction. i would consider that device in an entirely different class than a vapcap, which i view as a vape analogue to an old one-hitter bat.

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Bastard lol, I got free delivery with vapefiend as well, not to rub salt in:rofl:, only because I ordered screens as well to qualify for free delivery tho

Demonic chronic,
Reactions: coolbreeze

kuzko

FMJ landed today. Gave it a quick go. Easy to install. Simple technique, aimed my little Vapman torch as the S until first click. Say goodbye to that wispy, all terps first hit. Clouds for days on initial heat up. After taking the cap off(I’ll get to this in a sec), I saw it still had some life left in it (only went to first click) so I went for a second heat cycle. Thought I combusted, vapor was thick, ride-the-line quality but when I opened it up again the ABV was right where I like it, brown toasted but not black. Pros: easy technique with no spinning and a defined spot to aim at. Seems to me that the copper holds the heat longer too so you get more hits out of one heat up. Cons, or I’ll say single Con: cool down time. Obviously it should take longer but if you are used to handling your tip right after the cool down click than this is going to take an adjustment.

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
My full metal jacket arrived today and so far it’s really nice! I followed all the instructions from the sneaky Pete stream and was going in about 30 seconds or so. I don’t have an anvil so it’s a little nerve-racking waiting for a click to come so long and not spinning. In my head I’m thinking I’m going to combust but I didn’t. I put my two jackets on my two captive caps. One with a 2021 Omni tip on my Revolve, and the other on my TI Vong. They performed very nicely on both units although I felt like I enjoy it more when I’m using the Revolve natively. It’s extremely nice to take a deep pulll exhale then do it again one or two more times. On my Vong Before I got the FMJ I really enjoyed hitting it hard then letting it cool down to the click then heating it up immediately and finishing my bowl in the second hit. I’m going to keep giving it a shot until I master it but I am extremely happy with my purchase.

My only negative which isn’t really a negative is the caps these hot long after the cool down click, but that’s to be expected because that’s the nature of how the product works. Also I feel like the cap grabs the bowl tighter so it takes a little more force to get the cap off. And the last one is I couldn’t get the FMJ off the once I installed it and used it a few times, but I didn’t try extremely hard.

All in all I’m very impressed. I have to put a lot more bowls through to fully understand how to have it tuned in perfectly to my liking.

I bet Dynavap introduces a copper cap option soon.

coolbreeze

Also I feel like the cap grabs the bowl tighter so it takes a little more force to get the cap off. And the last one is I couldn’t get the FMJ off the once I installed it and used it a few times, but I didn’t try extremely hard.
Fwiw, Austyn recommended using a classic Ti tip so you could easily screw the cap on and off. But I'd like to try it with the newer tips like you did, so I appreciate the warning.

EDIT: Ok, Mine arrived, I put it on a new captive cap, used a classic Ti tip & Vongi, probably heated it a bit too fast chasing the circle size, and had one spectacular hit, no shit. It filled up that big TAG superslit donut can until it was genuinely opaque and it just wouldn't stop coming. I coughed after both way-too-large hits it took to clear it. Didn't really note the flavor but it wasn't bad, just slightly roasty. It was a tad darker than I'd go by choice but it was a deep coffee brown and very even. The Dynawrap seems to work!

Last edited:

Demonic chronic

FMJ landed today. Gave it a quick go. Easy to install. Simple technique, aimed my little Vapman torch as the S until first click. Say goodbye to that wispy, all terps first hit. Clouds for days on initial heat up. After taking the cap off(I’ll get to this in a sec), I saw it still had some life left in it (only went to first click) so I went for a second heat cycle. Thought I combusted, vapor was thick, ride-the-line quality but when I opened it up again the ABV was right where I like it, brown toasted but not black. Pros: easy technique with no spinning and a defined spot to aim at. Seems to me that the copper holds the heat longer too so you get more hits out of one heat up. Cons, or I’ll say single Con: cool down time. Obviously it should take longer but if you are used to handling your tip right after the cool down click than this is going to take an adjustment.
But I thought the whole point in the FMJ was to turn shitty captives into one hit extractors and not need more heat cycles just the 1, seems like the opposite of what is supposed to happen. I’m hoping for one big fat bong hit all at once:sherlock:

Last edited:
Demonic chronic,
Reactions: LAWTHEONE

Ultraviolet

I don’t have an anvil so it’s a little nerve-racking waiting for a click to come so long and not spinning. In my head I’m thinking I’m going to combust but I didn’t.
Same. I got my FMJ today. Glad I'm not the only one that thought this haha

I order 1 standard captive cap and 1 low temp captive cap with the FMJ. I didn't test the caps prior without the FMJ but did anyone seemingly notice only 1 click? I think the clicks might behave a bit different with the FMJ on.

Ultraviolet,
Reactions: LAWTHEONE

Demonic chronic

Same. I got my FMJ today. Glad I'm not the only one that thought this haha

I order 1 standard captive cap and 1 low temp captive cap with the FMJ. I didn't test the caps prior without the FMJ but did anyone seemingly notice only 1 click? I think the clicks might behave a bit different with the FMJ on.
Some caps click once some twice, my daily cap click then clicks again 7 seconds later. You could say each cap is unique in its own way. Can’t comment on the FMJ, should receive in the morning or next day.

Cannabiker

But I thought the whole point in the FMJ was to turn shitty captives into one hit extractors and not need more heat cycles just the 1, seems like the opposite of what is supposed to happen .
Yeah, they only went to the first click. I've tried it with a couple of caps, and both seem to have a longer than normal interval between clicks with the FMJ. That's not surprising, because it's an overall longer heatup. That means if you stop at the first click, you're missing a quite a bit of heating. I've found that if I go to the second click, I'm getting dark, thorough roast.

That is, I'm getting good roast after I turned it over. First try I slipped it on, heating the "S", like I heard you're supposed to do, and got a wispy hit with light roast. Same on the second try. So I tried heating lower, and it worked better. That's when I realized I'd installed it upside down.

Demonic chronic

Yeah, they only went to the first click. I've tried it with a couple of caps, and both seem to have a longer than normal interval between clicks with the FMJ. That's not surprising, because it's an overall longer heatup. That means if you stop at the first click, you're missing a quite a bit of heating. I've found that if I go to the second click, I'm getting dark, thorough roast.

That is, I'm getting good roast after I turned it over. First try I slipped it on, heating the "S", like I heard you're supposed to do, and got a wispy hit with light roast. Same on the second try. So I tried heating lower, and it worked better. That's when I realized I'd installed it upside down.
I plan on taking it to the second click just like I do now, would be cool 2 extract a bowl in one big fat bong hit quickish and get on what you got to do. If you don’t mind me asking what’s the taste like when you take it to the second click @Cannabiker ? EDIT- @Ultraviolet, pretty sure the FMJ wasnt intended for a low temp cap:lol:

Last edited:

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Sounds like the Mad Heaters Reload magnet would be ideal for handling that FMJ when its hot.
Yeah, it depends how easily your captive cap 'unscrews' from the tip. Mine isn't smooth enough to do this by magnet alone, it needs to be clasped by the the Reload and held while rotating the tip/body.

At the moment I'm using a wooden sprung clothes peg as a clasp when removing the hot cap. I'll try with the Reload again but I can't get the knack to do it smoothly. I am also finding the FMJ does slide around a bit even after it has 'clicked' into place.

Sometimes I find things fiddly at first so it might become a slicker operation, but removing and replacing a hot FMJ cap feels awkward for the time being. Still experimenting with heating variables.

chlorophyll_man,
Reactions: endof3d

Smokey McVape

Just tried the FMJ and tbh it's really nothing special when used with older tips and caps. Tried it on 3 different caps and tips and it only improved vapour slightly for me and it doesn''t fit on my 2017 cap without squeezing the FMJ.
Only really useful with captives because it cause standard caps to fall off if turned upside down.
My technique might be the problem so will keep trying but I am not seeing results like Austin in his video at all and I've been using Dynavap for 5years.

coolbreeze

Only really useful with captives because it falls off with standard caps.
My technique might be the problem so will keep trying but I am not seeing results like Austin in his video at all and I've been using Dynavap for 5years.
Yeah, the nub's the rub (captives unscrew easily from standard Ti tips, ymmv). Not sure how much the sleeve will improve things for users who have honed a full-extraction technique already, except maybe for the spin-free-ness. You'll get it, though. Maybe it will take some 'unlearning', but it's not hard. I have gotten what I consider amazing results from the DV/FMJ, and with practice I would expect results more like his.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: endof3d
Top Bottom