• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I’m sitting here with two FMJs and though I have many options I can’t find a cap/tip combo that will keep the cap from sliding off the tip. One of the FMJ won’t fit any caps. I’ll have to use a flat head to widen its diameter. The one that is on a cap is dangerously loose on all my tips. Even the recommended Ti tip. I couldn’t possibly take this out in public. About all it would be good for is torching while on a rig because using it natively I’d definitely be dropping the hot cap. I’ll be watching out for tips in tricks hopefully coming soon.
73-FA9-E38-3-AB3-453-C-BCD8-A552-B50883-EE.jpg

coolbreeze

I’m sitting here with two FMJs and though I have many options I can’t find a cap/tip combo that will keep the cap from sliding off the tip. One of the FMJ won’t fit any caps. I’ll have to use a flat head to widen its diameter. The one that is on a cap is dangerously loose on all my tips. Even the recommended Ti tip. I couldn’t possibly take this out in public. About all it would be good for is torching while on a rig because using it natively I’d definitely be dropping the hot cap. I’ll be watching out for tips in tricks hopefully coming soon.
73-FA9-E38-3-AB3-453-C-BCD8-A552-B50883-EE.jpg
Was your cap loose on your vong tip as well? I'm a little afraid to try it since mine are so grippy as it is and others have had to struggle with them.

coolbreeze,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Was your cap loose on your vong tip as well? I'm a little afraid to try it since mine are so grippy as it is and others have had to struggle with them.
Yes it was loose. All my captives are very loose and I have to pinch the cap together to get results I like. Now that option is gone, I suppose you could crush the copper a bit, and with the weight of the copper the cap is pulled right off by gravity. I am a bit worried this is going to reck some peoples caps. It’s was a bit difficult removing and I damaged one of my caps diggers.

fogbank

Big difference between the Anvil and the FMJ - the Anvil's copper and SS materials are compatible with induction heaters, whereas the all copper FMJ is not.

Since I use induction heaters exclusively, the FMJ does not offer anything I would consider useful.

I accept that my VapCaps will require 4-5 heat cycles/draws. I enjoy the full extraction from one heat cycle/draw when using the Anvil.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
My first rip went really well using an Aomai lighter, heating the S while keeping the hot spot the same size as the S, stopping at the first click, using stock Vongi tip and cap. I got loads of vapor, taking multiple rips on my GR 3pc HD. The AVB came out like a medium espresso roast.
FA1-C73-B2-6544-4-D09-BA70-02-A13141-ECBB.jpg

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Just tried the FMJ and tbh it's really nothing special when used with older tips and caps. Tried it on 3 different caps and tips and it only improved vapour slightly for me and it doesn''t fit on my 2017 cap without squeezing the FMJ.
Only really useful with captives because it cause standard caps to fall off if turned upside down.
My technique might be the problem so will keep trying but I am not seeing results like Austin in his video at all and I've been using Dynavap for 5years.
I thought it says on the site that it clearly states it’s for captives, it’s like they know how shit captives really are:lol:. I hope this will work as I have captives i received with new devices I don’t use because they are far to tame and produce wispy vapour. EDIT- @fogbank, it states these are for torch use only, you should of checked before your purchase. And 4-5 heat cycles😳, I’m done in 2 bong hits.

Last edited:
Demonic chronic,
  • Haha
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

I thought it says on the site that it clearly states it’s for captives, it’s like they know how shit captives really are:lol:. I hope this will work as I have captives i received with new devices I don’t use because there far to tame and produce wispy vapour.
Lol. Yeah, it's for captives: you need the nubs to hold it on the tip because the sleeve forces the cap to round. You are gonna find a new love in the captives with the sleeve. Or, at least a reluctant tolerance!

Demonic chronic

Lol. Yeah, it's for captives: you need the nubs to hold it on the tip because the sleeve forces the cap to round. You are gonna find a new love in the captives with the sleeve. Or, at least a begrudging tolerance!
Hoping so bud, post taking the piss here, hoping I receive tomorrow and let the testing begin.

Demonic chronic,
  • Love
Reactions: coolbreeze

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I’ve got my cap staying on but now it’s tough to get off when hot. Slowly pinching you can work the cap and copper sleeve enough so the nubs can grab. This is with my vong tip. I can’t get any Ti tips to grab it. All my hits so far have produced results I’m very pleased with.

Edit: the Reload and BCG debowler both work great for decapping.

coolbreeze

Exited to try it for myself now, as you know I’m a dark roaster myself:rofl:
Yes, Sir! And I'm excited to see what you, Bad Dog and some of the other dark roasters will think, whether it adds anything for you. I don't much mind spinning, but the lack thereof indulges my inherent laziness!

I’ve got my cap staying on but now it’s tough to get off when hot. Slowly pinching you can work the cap and copper sleeve enough so the nubs can grab. This is with my vong tip. I can’t get any Ti tips to grab it. All my hits so far have produced results I’m very pleased with.

Edit: the Reload and BCG debowler both work great for decapping.

Thanks, this is great info. Glad you're enjoying it!

fogbank

EDIT- @fogbank, it states these are for torch use only, you should of checked before your purchase. And 4-5 heat cycles😳, I’m done in 2 bong hits.
I did check and I did not purchase the FMJ for that reason.

I do not use a water piece, I only hit the DV native. I find that 4-5 heat cycles/draws fits my usage requirements perfectly. That is one of the DV's strengths - different users with different techniques can still find the the perfect combination to make them happy :)

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Thinking a dedicated captive cap specifically for the FMJ is going to be a must. This is after I swore I would never buy a captive cap!

For me it's not about just using my DV's exclusively with a IH or torch or FMJ. It's just another inexpensive fun new toy to play with and develop a technique while enjoying the process. :)

Screen-Shot-2022-05-24-at-12-58-18-PM.png
fmjx.png

coolbreeze

Thinking a dedicated captive cap specifically for the FMJ is going to be a must.
Yeah, I'm not even gonna try to take it off. I'm torn over putting the other on a low-temp cap. I've heard promising things, but I hope I hear some more before I crumple and go for it!

coolbreeze,

Demonic chronic

Are they really that much of a bastard to remove from the caps?

Demonic chronic,

Ultraviolet

Yeah, I'm not even gonna try to take it off. I'm torn over putting the other on a low-temp cap. I've heard promising things, but I hope I hear some more before I crumple and go for it!
I tested it out on the low temp cap. I'll post pictures later but it wasn't really worth it in my opinion. If you're using the FMJ it's because you want big hits but the low temp cap doesn't provide as big a hit. They just contradict each other if that makes sense? I see why Austyn didn't recommend it on the stream. It works but why would you want to.

Demonic chronic

I tested it out on the low temp cap. I'll post pictures later but it wasn't really worth it in my opinion. If you're using the FMJ it's because you want big hits but the low temp cap doesn't provide as big a hit. They just contradict each other if that makes sense? I see why Austyn didn't recommend it on the stream. It works but why would you want to.
Exactly my thought, whywould any one bother with a low temp cap, this was supposed to be extraction in one hit, if they don’t provide that I will obviously going back to my late clicker. Which I’m doubting these will match but at only £10 I’m happy if I’m wrong:lol:.

Demonic chronic,

coolbreeze

Are they really that much of a bastard to remove from the caps?
I haven't tried taking it off yet, but it takes some force to fit it, so it feels like it'll be a bitch to get it off.

Thank you. Maybe I'll pass for now. I think I was kinda hoping for the best of both worlds: the thorough, even battery-fed roast with some flavor preserved, even at the cost of some volume. I figured the copper doesn't make it any hotter--it still clicks at the same temp--it just retains the temp through the entire clearing hit. Not sure why it wouldn't work on the same principle with a lower temp...

EDIT: Ok, I just tried it on my Vongi w/ its stock tip and a couple weird things: the herb was not completely roasted on the first hit; I was not punished with the customary carbon taste when I killed the cleanup heat--it tasted fine. This suggests that the bowl is not receiving (or holding, at least) the same amount of heat as my std Ti tip does on a similar heatup. It also suggests the bowl/cap/sleeve is not heating the bowl as quickly/thoroughly compared to its usual heating profile without it. Presumably this is because the sleeve is design/tested for regular tips primarily rather than for the massive ones. I wonder if he added the right amount more mass to the sleeve, if that would heat the massive tips like the current one does for the lighter tips?

Last edited:

Gdash

Just got my FMJ's and I'm really enjoying using them, but they turn the DV ritual into more of an Anvil experience. It's actually slightly worse than the Anvil to be completely honest.

The most noticeable change is having to focus on the location and distance of the flame. Some might like not having to spin and this sounds like a welcome change until you realize that now you have to pay attention and look closely at where you are heating. It's not as simple as just putting the flame to the cooper and forgetting about it, it's actually more tedious. Spinning wasn't a big deal and it almost becomes second nature to the point that you could heat it while not paying much attention. That is gone for the sake of one hit extraction taking some of the charm with it.

I'm glad I got these but just like the Anvil, this isn't going to replace the OG DV experience for me. If you want to have a similar hit to the Anvil without spending too much more money then this is $10 well spent.

Edit: The FMJ does what it's intended to do and if you are already in the DV ecosystem, then this is a no-brainer.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I'm glad I got these but just like the Anvil, this isn't going to replace the OG DV experience for me.
Same.
If you want to have a similar hit to the Anvil without spending too much more money then this is $10 dollars well spent.
I agree. If I could add some wrinkles, I would say if you can't get an anvil but wish you could, this will give a similar enough hit; if you have an anvil but want the capability to crank up your DVs to a similar volume but with more conductionesque effect, these give that difference; and if you just like your DV and want the occasional whiteout, these will do that too. Not bad for 10 bucks.

If you hope to get an Anvil and the FMJ has you wondering about your decision, I would say go for it--they're different enough to merit it and the Anvil is itself a fantastic experience. Likewise the $10 sleeve.

Last edited:
Top Bottom