• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Righton, righton! This is gonna be fun, unless they really don't do much. But everybody's wire wraps seemed to sorta work so I hope these will too!
Time will tell, I’m sure we will all be waiting for the first peoples opinions from those who get them first:lol: edit- would love it if they make my useless captives useful.

Last edited:

oneiros.

long lost dreamer
Ordered a couple myself, and added a shorty vortex for good measure since my BB6 broke (although I'm using an Arizer Stem that fits my SS tip perfectly so there is that).

What's up with the captive caps thought? Are they really that bad compared to older ones? I'm able to go pretty hot consistently with both my captives by waiting for the second click (and a couple of seconds more for the first hit if I want a denser vapor), so, should I expect better performance if I order a couple of normal ones? Tho I guess it's kind of pointless now since I already ordered the FMJs

coolbreeze

What's up with the captive caps thought? Are they really that bad compared to older ones?
Depends on who you ask. I've made my peace with them and use them with no problem. Most of the diehards have older, more massive standard caps that heat slower and retain heat longer; they are great for big bong hits. The newer ones are just captives with no indents (ie, less massive), but both the new ones drain IH batteries slower. When they were introduced, the reaction tended toward the looseness of the cap: some hated the rattle but some liked the better airflow. The upshot is, it's probably moot unless you can procure a standard cap of classic vintage (2018ish).

Last edited:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Depends on who you ask. I've made my peace with them and use them with no problem. Most of the diehards have older, more massive standard caps that heat slower and retain heat longer; they are great for big bong hits. The newer ones are just captives with no indents (ie, less massive), but both the new ones drain IH batteries slower. When they were introduced, the reaction tended toward the looseness of the cap: some hated the rattle but some liked the better airflow. The upshot is, it's probably moot unless you can procure a standard cap of classic vintage (2018ish).

One of the diehards here. Unfortunately, all three of my 18' caps click sound is getting more and more muffled. One stopped all together yesterday ending in the dreaded combustion event. Damn! Normally would just wipe the inside with a moisten ISO cue tip, but decided to soak this dead soldier in ISO for 48 hours to see if will come back. Fingers crossed. 🤞

Any one have any suggestions on how to revive an old DV cap?

endof3d,

Demonic chronic

as you know I’m a fucking die hard old cap lover✊😂, even the new standard caps are tame, and captives, don’t get me started:rofl:, but hopefully the copper sleeve will make a captive of actual use to me and others of course. am still using an undated old late clicker, pure bliss.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

but decided to soak this dead soldier in ISO for 48 hours to see if will come back. Fingers crossed. 🤞
I read someone did this and it did in fact work. Hope it does for you!

as you know I’m a fucking die hard old cap lover✊😂
I had heard that!

You guys should start an old cap recovery and restoration collective so you never run out!

Demonic chronic

I read someone did this and it did in fact work. Hope it does for you!

I had heard that!

You guys should start an old cap recovery and restoration collective so you never run out!
Aye I think we all know by now:rofl:, now your onto something, theres a business, wheres that bastard Elon musk:lol:

Last edited:

El Magico

Curious to see how they'll perform with an IH.

PS: received my Cuboo earlier this week and so far loving it.

El Magico,

kuzko

Curious to see how they'll perform with an IH.

PS: received my Cuboo earlier this week and so far loving it.

They are too big for most IHs but Simrell tested it out on a Wand on his stream. He said it’s just the same as not having the FMJ on. Copper isn’t good for induction so it’s just heating up the tip/cap. And since IHs don’t need spinning he thinks the FMJ is pointless for them and that the FMJ was designed for a torch. But you never know, perhaps someone will notice an unexpected difference.

My_50p_worth

Any one have any suggestions on how to revive an old DV cap?

Buy a cheap ultrasonic cleaner on Amazon and some ISO, you’ll be shocked how effective they are at getting the gunk out from between the clickers. Also turns cleaning day into easy mode

As for the Simrell FMJ, I think a lot of you that have ordered one and don’t own an anvil will now see why I love my anvil so much. Having access to that kind of thermal mass for one hit extraction is a game changer through water. It’s also much nicer flavour wise to get everything in one hit and not have to reheat half extracted material

These are just words though, I’m looking forward to seeing everyone find out for themselves

GymWolf

Guys, can i use the dynacoil with hash?

The type of hash youcfind in amsterdam so from hard consistency hash to crumbly\sand-y hash to super sticky stuff.

Or the coil only work with high quality melted concentrates??

Thanks.

GymWolf,

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
just sandwich the hash between weed it willbe fine.
I read this before but makes me wonder: Doesn't hash have a higher melting (vaping) point than weed? If so: doesn't the weed burn when you heat the tip to those higher temperatures. Thus spoiling the taste and risking combustion?
Never vaped hash so i really don't know if my argument makes sense...

666Honeybadger,
Reactions: GymWolf

Shorner

I read this before but makes me wonder: Doesn't hash have a higher melting (vaping) point than weed? If so: doesn't the weed burn when you heat the tip to those higher temperatures. Thus spoiling the taste and risking combustion?
Always been fine for me, just use straight hash it will work but will require more cleaning

GymWolf

Always been fine for me, just use straight hash it will work but will require more cleaning

I'm not an expert and in amsterdam you find various types of hash, not sure what the straight one is? is it the one who likes women?:D

GymWolf,

coolbreeze

Copper, pfft! what you want is a silicone wrap!
IMG-0643.jpg

Last edited:

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I like to roll up the hash in organic cotton or rayon. It does take more heat than I like to apply to flower, and hash vapes longer than flower lasts. Halfway through you can take out the ball and sort of fluff it up some. When done you can compost the remains.

coolbreeze

I may be the only one here but al say it, I dont really like the look of the anvil one bit, not bashing it’s performance one bit by the way fans, just won’t buy one I doubt.
Oh yeah? I can help you set up a Zirconiascents like mine above, if you like the looks of that better.

coolbreeze,
Top Bottom