3l3tric

3l3, I'll take that triple flame off your hands if you don't want it. I can't stand using single flame torches with the DV.
Heh, I don't think I'm quite willing to give up on it just yet, but I'll be sure to send a pm if that changes :)

EDIT: I went out and picked up butane refills and went ahead and bought a small single flame torch as well.

Gotta say, my results are definitely something else with the single. I think I'll keep the triple around for experimenting but the single with the half bowl setting is gonna be my go-to for the indefinite future I feel

Last edited:

GoldenBud

have a good week... ti tip and a reg cap
abv:
abvv.jpg

I tried searching and I'm sure this has come up before, but how many induction heat cycles do you get out of one oven full? How do you know when it's time to change it out? I know that different combos all behave a bit differently, but I'm wonder how to know when fresh material is in order. As an example, I have the Dynavap 2021M and a new cap and I use a Cauldron IH. Also, does the material itself have more to do with how many heat cycles you get?

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I haven’t purchased any dynavaps or accessories since 2019 when I got a dark wood Hydravong. I don’t feel like I need anything further. I use the Hydravong with a Ti tip and a mini bubbler. This is all I need to have a top flight vaporization session.

There is something so deceivingly simple about the Dynavap experience, something hypnotic in the rhythm of heating with a torch, drawing, waiting for the cooldown click, and repeating. Something delightfully analog and organic about the entire ritual.

It feels like you’re in relationship with the device, heating it and cooling it and coaxing it to vaporize just the way you want it, manipulating the torch or IH to get each heat up cycle juuuust right. Marveling at how consistently you can heat the whole bowl or getting the flower to just the right shade.

And then you put it down, clean it out, prepare it for the next session. Once that’s done, it’s time to ride the wave.

What a gift to the world of vaporizing.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
@into_the_abyss There really are quite a few variables to determining when your herb is done, including personal preference.

Generally speaking with vaping though....
A more cerebral high = lighter tan ABV = less heat cycles.
A more stoned vibe = darker ABV = more heat cycles.

As you have alluded to, the strain/variety has an impact on the high/stone and the amount of vapor production. I've had some strains that seem to keep on asking for another heat cycle and some that are done surprisingly quickly.

I measure the "doneness" of my herb with three different methods depending on my mood or how many bowls I've had. :smug:

1. Pulling the cap and giving it the sniff test.
2. The flavor of my last hit.
3. Dumping the load and inspecting it visually.

The fun bit is learning and testing all the little variables the dynavap throws at yah! :spliff:

@Monk Debate you just took the words right out of my mind :love: Gonna go vape a bowl in your honor. :peace:

3l3tric

Well, after a few days with this thing, I think I can safely go ahead and start giving some initial impressions and advice:

WOW

I got the dyna with the specific intent of using it as a microdosing device, as I didn't really see that many units out there with a .05g bowl capacity. And this thing absolutely delivers in that regard, but you do have to be a bit patient and experiment with your torch method.

A couple things that I hadn't realized/had misconceptions about before using the dyna a few times:

1) Torching past the click is ok. I'd seen a couple places/people act like torching for even a second past the click is a one-way ticket to combustion town and damaging the clicking discs, so at first I was really diligent about only heating right up to the click and never beyond. During later heating cycles torching past the click at all may be enough to cause combustion, but IME, during the first 2-3 heating cycles you seem to be able to torch for an extra 2-3 seconds past the click without much issue. This does bring me into my next point, though:

2) The flame needs to be close to the tip (within reason), especially on a single torch. With the triple torch I got my best results holding just above the outer part of the flame, but with the single torch I get better results letting the tip of the flame 'lick' the cap a bit compared to hovering the cap just above the flame. I definitely see what people mean about having the click come too fast if you're holding the tip too close to the flame, but if you're a new user, keep in mind you can have problems in the opposite direction too.

3) The airflow is not a carb. Dyna has a video about this on their yt channel so other newbies would probably already know, but during a few of my first cycles I'd close the airflow entirely, not really understanding the airflow system. I wrongly assumed at first that any amount of external airflow would cause no air to properly come through the tip. What I settled on for most hits is fully covering one of the two holes with my finger, which gives a slightly restricted but still very full air draw.

4) Don't fill the tip all the way to the brim. It seems that whatever material is at the very end of the tip gets hit with a higher temperature than the contents further inside (My working theory is that the load expands when heated and these are the bits that make physical contact with the snapping discs). I've had a couple situations where I've tasted near-combustion flavors, but only the very outer part of the load was blackened, with the inner part still a light tan. Keeping the whole load tamped below the airflow cutouts seems to eliminate this.

I'll update if I think of any other quirks, but for now, I'm settling in to getting some good results out of this guy. Heating on the lower part of the cap with the tip of a single flame, going 2-3 sec past the click for the first cycle, I end up getting pretty complete extractions out of 3-4 heating cycles.

The only other thought I've had... If I'm loving this unit this much with a torch, I can't imagine how great it'll perform once I have an IH

What I settled on for most hits is fully covering one of the two holes with my finger, which gives a slightly restricted but still very full air draw.
This is exactly what I do too.
If I'm loving this unit this much with a torch, I can't imagine how great it'll perform once I have an IH
I thought using the torch was interesting, but was too nuanced for me. I like my IH for it's consistency and fast easy action.

I haven’t purchased any dynavaps or accessories since 2019 when I got a dark wood Hydravong. I don’t feel like I need anything further. I use the Hydravong with a Ti tip and a mini bubbler. This is all I need to have a top flight vaporization session.
What does a mini bubbler look like? Is it like a small water bong or something? Do you heat the dynavap tip and then put it into the mini bubbler to then use? (I'm pretty sure I will always be a newb at all this.)

@3l3tric - I have two dynavaps, stock SS tip and the Ti Tip, and several caps. One thing to keep in mind is that they all play a little differently with each other. If you've found a good combo of pieces and heating technique, you might want to stick with it for a while. Changing things around may mean you have to adapt your techniques. As an example, I bought a new cap, and I found that with my IH I have to remove the Dynavap after a small pre click, because leaving it in for a full click will actually burn the material. Not sure if that is helpful or useful to you or anyone else, or maybe newbs should only ask question like me instead. haha I enjoyed the torches, but prefer the IH because I'm lazy and I like the consistency.

You can adjust the second O-ring position on the condenser to set the airflow for you. Then you dont even have to cover with your finger.
Is that on a regular M? (I know the Omni's are different) I thought the o-rings had to go in specific places. I use a regular M with a longer condenser and a wood mouthpiece.

3l3tric

You can adjust the second O-ring position on the condenser to set the airflow for you. Then you dont even have to cover with your finger.
I didn't even think to do that, but that's a good idea! The little "indents" on the condenser made me assume that the o ring was meant to stay there so I hadn't even experimented with moving it around yet.

Also, I just confirmed the dyna still works in the shower (just gotta keep it and the torch out of the water ofc). Taking vaping to new frontiers now :D

I didn't even think to do that, but that's a good idea! The little "indents" on the condenser made me assume that the o ring was meant to stay there so I hadn't even experimented with moving it around yet.

Also, I just confirmed the dyna still works in the shower (just gotta keep it and the torch out of the water ofc). Taking vaping to new frontiers now :D
Could one of you guys show what you mean? And I have not tried mine in the shower mainly because my IH might not like that. LOL

into_the_abyss,

Squidge

Butane powered

I moved the o-ring to cut off the airflow shortly after getting my M19 as I found I preferred mouth-to-lung draws with it. Be careful if you want to partially close it though - it may start to whistle...

And just how long do you spend in the shower in order to need to use the VC during it? A leisurely soak in the bath, I can understand, but in the shower? 🤯

Last edited:

3l3tric

And just how long do you spend in the shower in order to need to use the VC during it? A leisurely soak in the bath, I can understand, but in the shower? 🤯
Lol! Just used at the start for the hell of it. Think of it like a shower beer

3l3tric,
Reactions: Squidge

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha

I found this weird little dab kit for $3.50 and grabbed it for a few reasons.

The little mat. The jars. And this steel part that fits inside the silicone sleeve looked an awful lot like part of a DynaVap water pipe adapter.

So I decided to make the worlds ugliest adapter with a few strategic cuts. (*I already own a glass Waterwand)

I have another tip somewhere but there's no real reason for me to have 2 going so file this under I just wanted to see if it would work, and it does.

/insert phallic jokes

Edit:

I guess what I really need is the right glass tube and grommets or something wood could do nicely as well.

Edit 2:

Or flip it around and put a silicone sleeve on it. Perfectly airtight. I'm still going to try every tubular object in my home that's glass or wood hoping to find something that works the other way around.

Last edited:

fogbank

I tried searching and I'm sure this has come up before, but how many induction heat cycles do you get out of one oven full? How do you know when it's time to change it out? I know that different combos all behave a bit differently, but I'm wonder how to know when fresh material is in order. As an example, I have the Dynavap 2021M and a new cap and I use a Cauldron IH. Also, does the material itself have more to do with how many heat cycles you get?
The number of IH cycles that I get out of one full bowl depends on which IH, which VC, and what strain I am using.

For me the Ti tip of the 2021 Omni heats more quickly and can result in combustion if I try for too many heat cycles. I often use my least aggressive IH with the Omni. This can mean more heat cycles per bowl because I am heating more gently, which extracts more slowly.

With the SS tip in the M I often use a more aggressive IH, which can extract the full bowl in fewer heat cycles.

With the cheaper outdoor strain I'm using now I get about half as many draws on a fresh bowl than I do with my higher quality strains in rotation. There is a remarkable difference between the cheap material and the higher quality material when it comes to the number of draws it takes for me to fully extract a full bowl. However I actually keep the number of draws consistent between the two strains by using the half-bowl setting with the higher quality material. The lower quality strain takes 4 or 5 draws to extract a full bowl, the higher quality strain takes 4 or 5 draws to extract a half bowl.

I mostly know when it's time to change material by the number of draws that I have taken. I know how many draws it takes for each VC and IH that I use. I learned how many draws to take by trial and error. I consider a bowl fully extracted if the ABV is consistently dark brown to black.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha

Put my 2020M Tip in it. It's got a pretty industrial look going. The long tube of steal that reaches past the silicone prevents this piece from working in the hydrotube or the double perc ashcatcher. But it fits well in the 8 arm ashcatcher, the Roor, and the TAG 9. When I find the right tubular piece to connect them the other way around, it will be more versatile.

Edit: those silicone caps from the old 510 cartomizers sure are handy as seals....

I think this is the best I can do to join them this way around with what I had on hand. Now it's a true 14mm fit. This thing's big and I guess kind of has a condenser built in?

I wasn't getting good results with the steel 2020 M on this tube. It's at least partially because I'm so accustomed to whatever steel tip DDave puts on the Waterwand. Switching to that tip made this tube perform more like I thought it should.

Last edited:

Vapouristo

Vapouristo Extraordinaire IG: @Vapouristo
Company Rep
I haven't been using any stems these days besides my Herbaltherm 3TM. It's hands down the best mouthpiece for cooling and conditioning vapour. You can throw it in the fridge and it becomes a pocket-sized ice bong. I can take the most masssssive hits cause it never gets harsh.

The proper way to use balls:

I haven't been using any stems these days besides my Herbaltherm 3TM. It's hands down the best mouthpiece for cooling and conditioning vapour. You can throw it in the fridge and it becomes a pocket-sized ice bong. I can take the most masssssive hits cause it never gets harsh.

The proper way to use balls:
Cool. Where'd you get yours? They don't seem to have a working site.

into_the_abyss,
Top Bottom