OldPotHead

I vape to get even
Hey Vap Cappers...
Must admit, I've been looking at this vape for 10 years. I'm ready to buy, with an induction heater, but I'm having a hard time deciding which one to choose on puffitup. Anybody wanna add 2 cents here?
Thanks In Advance

OldPotHead,

Shorner

Hey Vap Cappers...
Must admit, I've been looking at this vape for 10 years. I'm ready to buy, with an induction heater, but I'm having a hard time deciding which one to choose on puffitup. Anybody wanna add 2 cents here?
Thanks In Advance
I would just get a standard M...there is little to no difference in vapor quality with the more expensive ones..

Petetbay

Hey Vap Cappers...
Thanks In Advance
21Vong

Petetbay,
Reactions: endof3d

Kimberkay66

The need for knowledge...
I have a lucid metal wall powered induction heater, its great, I really love it. 150.00 I still think is way too much for a fancy dancy lighter. I am not cheap I will buy what I want, but I'm not gonna get beat when there are other options cheaper and just as good. I understand there is big demand for these things, but this one is twice the price of the dam dynavap m for gods sake!
Hello, I'm so glad to find someone that has lucid customs wall charging induction heater. I can't find my wall charger and I have no idea what kind to purchase that'll carry enough voltage. Can u help?

Kimberkay66,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
I've had my Dynavap M 2020 for 12 months now i've stopped smoking joints and tobacco around 6 weeks ago and find it amazing how little herb gets me smashed specially through a water pipe brilliant invention
gets more use than the mighty now i have a induction heater too game changer
The DV and the Davinci IQ2 is really all I reach for anymore. The air flow dial on the IQ2 can provide the same thick, roasty MTL cloud extraction that the DV does. Dosing capsules make it a bit more convenient and discreet on the go, but a zeroed in torch on a DV is a pretty special experience.

fogbank

Hey Vap Cappers...
Thanks In Advance
I'm not sure if you're looking for recommendations for the VapCap, the induction heater, or both.

On PuffItUp I only see DynaVap induction heaters. Of the three offered there I believe that the Orion is the only one that activates automatically when you insert the VapCap. The other two require you to press down to activate, making them slightly more difficult to use. Also, of the three only the Orion and the Apollo 2 Rover are portable, so if that matters to you then stay clear of the regular Apollo 2.

At $200 I would NOT recommend the Orion V2. It is a decent heater, but it is overpriced for the quality and technology that you get. There are cheaper alternatives that have about the same quality and functionality, namely the UFO and the Black Shadow. Those two cost about half what the Orion costs, and offer similar levels of quality and functionality. I wouldn't describe them as "high quality" :(, but they work OK. Beyond that there are lots of induction heaters sold under different names that appear to be made by the same manufacturer. And there are more "artisan" varieties out there, but some may have long wait times.

For the VapCap itself I second the recommendation for an "M". It has a stainless steel bowl, so it heats a little differently than the more expensive models with titanium bowls, but it is still a good entry level model.

This was actually my first DynaVap purchase, but it's not from PuffItUp: 2021 M Starter Induction Bundle

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Hello, I'm so glad to find someone that has lucid customs wall charging induction heater. I can't find my wall charger and I have no idea what kind to purchase that'll carry enough voltage. Can u help?
The one I have says:

MODEL: XH913
INPUT/VOLTAJE DE ALIMENTACION/ ENT RADA
:100-240V~50/60Hz 1.6A
OUTPUT: 12V --- 6A

Keep in mind I'm in EU.
Hope it helps! :wave:

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
Blatant copy-paste from my topic on reddit, but I'm hoping to find more expertise here since opinions seems to diverge over there ..

Found this one in my local shop with some big discount, so decided to give it a new home. Can you help me identify the version/birthyear of my new tiny buddy?

Reference photos below, suggest the 2018 or 2019 model. But can't tell for sure between the two. The helix doesn't look like the one on the 2020 model.

https://preview.redd.it/yhgzpl1d2c8...bp&s=eb018e28a4e635c15d9dcd30627da6df13140450

https://external-preview.redd.it/Gr...bp&s=d1c9102d7a7dbe4317a569f16fcb32b236971dc0

OGablogian,

Shorner

Blatant copy-paste from my topic on reddit, but I'm hoping to find more expertise here since opinions seems to diverge over there ..

Found this one in my local shop with some big discount, so decided to give it a new home. Can you help me identify the version/birthyear of my new tiny buddy?

Reference photos below, suggest the 2018 or 2019 model. But can't tell for sure between the two. The helix doesn't look like the one on the 2020 model.

https://preview.redd.it/yhgzpl1d2c8...bp&s=eb018e28a4e635c15d9dcd30627da6df13140450

https://external-preview.redd.it/Gr...bp&s=d1c9102d7a7dbe4317a569f16fcb32b236971dc0
5 fin 20 model

Pepeluis33

Hi, normally I always use half bowl setting, but last time I cleaned my dynavaps some weeks ago was so difficult to set the half-bowl (becomes more and more difficult the more used and bent is the CCD) that I set them to full bowl and I've just used less herb.

Today I've cleaned my Omni21 and I've been able to set its CCD to half-bowl, however I've noticed that performance has dropped, I find previously with full bowl it hit harder with same or even less amount of herb placed at the very bottom of the oven. Maybe is because bottom part reaches higher temps than the top part? anyone have noticed this as well? (Note: I always use my DIY IH and I'm using the same herb)

Blatant copy-paste from my topic on reddit
Ops, I did the same, my apologies if not allowed...

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Another one in the box. The feel is great. The spinning midsection is very smooth. On par or maybe even smoother than my MVS. Only grip at the moment is the finish. I liked the way the old Omni was polished more.
5-D708849-D21-C-47-CE-93-A7-91460-E5-F8773.jpg

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
@The Stray Fox Wow! All TI mouth pieces is impressive. Imagine what that collection would go for at an auction 20 yrs from now? Did you build that case frame work with a 3D printer?

coolbreeze

Half-bowl into the VonGi, and we have liftoff!
launch GIF

Edit: Ok, had another half-bowl and i'm surprisingly lifted. Also trying out new glass, so maybe that's helping? It's a very nice vape: the fit seems like what it was always supposed to be, including the eclipsing action, hole coverage, smoothness, and the gentle 'hold' it does when stopped. Comes apart and goes back together pretty well, but there's a lot of parts and they have to be put together right. Overall I really like it; still, I miss the wood. For now. Can't wait to see what the artists come up with.

Most surprising for me, though, is that I taste no scorch and I took it pretty dark. My least favorite aspect of the Vong has been that I could not avoid scorched flavor without using a '21 Omni or M tip instead. For whatever reason I have not yet grokked, my new vong tastes pretty good!

Anyhow, is it worth the new price? Sorta. I mean, it works now like it is supposed to, and nicely at that. The metal/work's worth more. Its new look has its own appeal. I think the build and material quality combined with the refinement brings it closer to the Omni in terms of overall quality. The killer feature will be the interchangeable middles (that work through summer). If you've been waiting for a better VonG, this is it.

Be great if you could price it by the middle section you want.

Last edited:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Another one in the box. The feel is great. The spinning midsection is very smooth. On par or maybe even smoother than my MVS. Only grip at the moment is the finish. I liked the way the old Omni was polished more.
5-D708849-D21-C-47-CE-93-A7-91460-E5-F8773.jpg
Jeepers, that 2021vong on far right is a stunner.
I think I remember you mentioning you were sending it off for colouring but the wood has changed also.
Can you provide more details please - Ive looked back a bit but I can't find the information.

Last edited:

Smokey McVape

Hey Vap Cappers...
Thanks In Advance
It's only been available for 5 years lol.
Go for an M paired with a Ti tip and if you like that then maybe upgrade to an Omni further down the line.

Smokey McVape,

tgvp

Hi there,

I'm on the verge of buying an IH, having been a single torch lighter user for a long time (the I like it how there is no electronic involved and don't care if I look like some crack addict kind of guy), but I'm now ready to take the step.
So I ordered an UFO IH, as I like the form factor, compact and discreet, kind of like a BT speaker. But as in every shop around, it went sold out, so waiting for a recap (shop says two weeks delay, but said the same 2 weeks ago, but this time it's for true). In the meantime, they proposed me as an alternative the YllVape Heater (or YllIH or something like that as it has been rebranded), for the same price (~110$).
But it's bigger and seems heavier and bulkier with the metal casing. On the other hand, it has a temperature sensor which may improve precision in heating... But the cap'n'click is supposed to be the trick to handle temperature (and I've got pretty used to it), so... The question :
"Is the temp sensor a useless feature or a real improvement over the click (and depth into the IH) system?"

P.S. I love how @The Stray Fox pic looks like a suitcase full of SW lightsabers :lol:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Well, after a few days with this thing, I think I can safely go ahead and start giving some initial impressions and advice:

WOW

I got the dyna with the specific intent of using it as a microdosing device, as I didn't really see that many units out there with a .05g bowl capacity. And this thing absolutely delivers in that regard, but you do have to be a bit patient and experiment with your torch method.

A couple things that I hadn't realized/had misconceptions about before using the dyna a few times:

1) Torching past the click is ok. I'd seen a couple places/people act like torching for even a second past the click is a one-way ticket to combustion town and damaging the clicking discs, so at first I was really diligent about only heating right up to the click and never beyond. During later heating cycles torching past the click at all may be enough to cause combustion, but IME, during the first 2-3 heating cycles you seem to be able to torch for an extra 2-3 seconds past the click without much issue. This does bring me into my next point, though:

2) The flame needs to be close to the tip (within reason), especially on a single torch. With the triple torch I got my best results holding just above the outer part of the flame, but with the single torch I get better results letting the tip of the flame 'lick' the cap a bit compared to hovering the cap just above the flame. I definitely see what people mean about having the click come too fast if you're holding the tip too close to the flame, but if you're a new user, keep in mind you can have problems in the opposite direction too.

3) The airflow is not a carb. Dyna has a video about this on their yt channel so other newbies would probably already know, but during a few of my first cycles I'd close the airflow entirely, not really understanding the airflow system. I wrongly assumed at first that any amount of external airflow would cause no air to properly come through the tip. What I settled on for most hits is fully covering one of the two holes with my finger, which gives a slightly restricted but still very full air draw.

4) Don't fill the tip all the way to the brim. It seems that whatever material is at the very end of the tip gets hit with a higher temperature than the contents further inside (My working theory is that the load expands when heated and these are the bits that make physical contact with the snapping discs). I've had a couple situations where I've tasted near-combustion flavors, but only the very outer part of the load was blackened, with the inner part still a light tan. Keeping the whole load tamped below the airflow cutouts seems to eliminate this.

I'll update if I think of any other quirks, but for now, I'm settling in to getting some good results out of this guy. Heating on the lower part of the cap with the tip of a single flame, going 2-3 sec past the click for the first cycle, I end up getting pretty complete extractions out of 3-4 heating cycles.

The only other thought I've had... If I'm loving this unit this much with a torch, I can't imagine how great it'll perform once I have an IH

Welcome to the family, my friend.
It's always fun to re-live my first experiences with Dynavap vaporizers by reading someone new posting their first experiences as they start to "get it", like we all have at one point or another.

It's also nice to see "n00bs" not going straight for the IH, and learning with a torch first.
As good as an IH can be, you will have a better overall experience learning with a torch first, instead of the other way around. Learning to use the torch effectively also empowers you with a better functional understanding of how the dry-herb vaporization process works, which will be valuable when getting to know electronic vapes in the future.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Can you provide more details please - Ive looked back a bit but I can't find the information.
Thanks. I’ve been pleased with it. I wasn’t over the moon about the looks of my ‘21 VonG and when an opportunity with KatManDude came around and I took the opportunity to add a little flair. He anodized everything, unfortunately the Tandem X2 is Stainless, and made a two tone cocobolo sleeve for it. In my head I need to go back and buy another ‘21 VonG, unaltered, for my collection 🤦‍♂️

Top Bottom