rvarick

It would be nice to see the spinning mouthpieces in the same fall colours as I like my M XL ..so it would all be matching then.
Agree! Although I wonder if the coating works better on SS (on the M) vs. Ti (on the mouthpiece)? However, they've done azurium and rosium ti tips, so I'm sure it's possible.

What would be extra awesome IMO would be if they'd offer matching spinning MPs and Ti tips to upgrade the colored M's. I feel like they could make an absolute KILLING doing this!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I finally found my 19m stem!!!!! despite having a session with my cousin, immediately upon returning home victorious stem in hand I had to try it! airport open with maybe a little feathering. I heated the same way I've been hitting my carbless wpa dry and immediately I was underwhelmed with the performance I got............. maybe airport sucks ?????? the next hit was a little better and I had one more and the bowl was finished. I had heated the cap centre for my session so I decided to go more aggressive next bowl and heated the bottom. airport open..... 🤞........ got a massive hit! went back for a second but it was pretty thin, avb was as brown as it can be without being black......... but it was never harsh???? interesting ! one last bowl heating the bottom, airport open one massive hit, avb toasty brown, 0 discomfort?!? amazing ! never thought I could do that dry with a Dynavap. so much more testing to do!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I finally found my 19m stem!!!!! despite having a session with my cousin, immediately upon returning home victorious stem in hand I had to try it! airport open with maybe a little feathering. I heated the same way I've been hitting my carbless wpa dry and immediately I was underwhelmed with the performance I got............. maybe airport sucks ?????? the next hit was a little better and I had one more and the bowl was finished. I had heated the cap centre for my session so I decided to go more aggressive next bowl and heated the bottom. airport open..... 🤞........ got a massive hit! went back for a second but it was pretty thin, avb was as brown as it can be without being black......... but it was never harsh???? interesting ! one last bowl heating the bottom, airport open one massive hit, avb toasty brown, 0 discomfort?!? amazing ! never thought I could do that dry with a Dynavap. so much more testing to do!

Yeah, I avoided open airport hits for a while, until I got it right once, and I've been using it airport open most of the time since then.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
one last bowl heating the bottom, airport open one massive hit, avb toasty brown, 0 discomfort?!? amazing ! never thought I could do that dry with a Dynavap. so much more testing to do!
Yeah, I avoided open airport hits for a while, until I got it right once, and I've been using it airport open most of the time since then.
I don't think I have ever had a decent hit with a fully open air port. I have tried many times but never got it right, apparently. I have always been amazed that George recommended that method. I tend to use omnis mostly closed, for example, and have several VCs with blocked air ports. The only VC I use regularly with a more open air port is my 21 Vong when I am not using it on water. Otherwise I prefer closed...

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I don't think I have ever had a decent hit with a fully open air port. I have tried many times but never got it right, apparently. I have always been amazed that George recommended that method. I tend to use omnis mostly closed, for example, and have several VCs with blocked air ports. The only VC I use regularly with a more open air port is my 21 Vong when I am not using it on water. Otherwise I prefer closed...

I also prefer a closed airport or none at all. This setup allows me to use the mouthpull method, which wouldn't really work with an open airport hit. At least, I don't think it would when you're taking in that volume of air. I'll give it a try, but I haven't done direct lung hits with a DV in a long time.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Yeah, that was exactly my opinion for years, till one day it just clicked (no pun intended)!

Don't get me wrong, I still have carbless stems that I love, and I've never had an Omni, but with my M's, I use them carbless so much more these days.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Would there be any issue with using an Arizer Solo V1 as an IH?

I just got my 2nd Solo, it occurred to me it might double as a temp controlled IH.

My only reservation is that I guess it's not designed to heat up with something touching the ovens' bottom.

VapeEscapist,
Reactions: kel

GoldenBud

Would there be any issue with using an Arizer Solo V1 as an IH?

I just got my 2nd Solo, it occurred to me it might double as a temp controlled IH.

My only reservation is that I guess it's not designed to heat up with something touching the ovens' bottom.
it would work but the problem is that the Solo chamber will heat the top of the cap, where you would like to avoid heating, the click's mechanism is set there...

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I don't think I have ever had a decent hit with a fully open air port.
just requires more heat it seems to me........ single flame lighter territory , bottom of cap, spinning like a fiend............ respect the click and believe in the airport to condition a massive hit, hit it as hard as you can for as long as you can, you won't be able to reach the cool down click at least I can't

kel

FuckMisogynists!
For me it is all about the way the tip is loaded, I fare better when it is much looser than I think I should pack it!

Also, I find there's tons more flavour to be had by letting the tip cool down between hits, for how long is still a matter of research and investigation, but...

With Vap Oven:

1) Heat one cycle count 2 seconds past the click for a little visible vapour and incredible taste

2) rest for 5 seconds, then heat to the click and no more and the next cloud is massive even without any airport flapping; 5 or 6 comfortable draws before it cools down and stops producing.

Then I leave it for a bit and a few minutes later it's good for another click respectful cycle.

Leave again and maybe one more.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Nice!!

Then there's pollen...

Half bowl setting with a 325 mesh wrapped around the ccd.

Give it some beans - 4 seconds past the click... with the Vap Oven and it's sweet as!

Of course, this has to be done through wood, in this case a nice chunk of wenge, and a hefty ceramic chillum for epic cooling:

chillum.jpg

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
I didn't think that the Solo even used induction heating.
It doesn't, does it? But, if it doesn't, then the above question is illogical.
Am I taking crazy pills?!? Since when has the solo ever had induction heating tech?
If I remember correctly, the Solo is both induction and convection technically.

The glass conducts heat to the plant matter creating vapor, and the hot air coming off the oven pulling past the plant matter creates vapor as well.

Maybe I can stick my Solo stem into my FTV IH? :lol: Edit: too big, doesn't fit.

Top Bottom