Cannabiker

Thanks so much, @Bologna, @coolbreeze , @RustyOldNail, and @kel; those are some great suggestions--I may pick up one those Stubbies or the Ed's TNT--I like the short ones. I've currently got one of the Sneaky Pete Strong Arms, which I like, but it's longer than it needs to be.

But I should have been more clear. What I'm looking for is a ti or steel stem to go with the Summit so I have a truly unbreakable piece. The Water Wand works, but the makeshift bushing I used to make it fit doesn't seem optimal.

BingBongBoing

Just got this thing. It is the first vape I've had since my HerbalAire bag vape which I've used for like 13 years now. This VapCap is great for an on-demand and portable alternative to my bag vape. I've previously had problems with certain portable vapes, even ones that the community holds in high regard (like the MFLB), but this VapCap actually gives you as strong of a hit as you want, with 0 effort/mistakes due to the clicking system. I'm impressed.

vaporculture

What I'm looking for is a ti or steel stem to go with the Summit so I have a truly unbreakable piece.
If you want something truly unbreakable, and beautiful, with a 14mm fit, you should check out Andy Capp's creations. @Andy Capp is a member here, makes gorgeous titanium dyna-compatible stems on a manual lathe, and has an instagram page with just what you're looking for: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNlzAFdn0lg/

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
What I'm looking for is a ti or steel stem to go with the Summit so I have a truly unbreakable piece.
Part of my summit kit is a 14m/10f joint. I found it necessary to get full use of my stems in my summit. I tried to find a Ti joint but haven’t found one yet. Maybe a glass adapter doesn’t fit your need but it certainly opens up a lot more options for you. Good luck with your search. I’m curious what you decide.

Edit: another option could be JoeKings DynaKeg. It’s very unbreakable, very small, and 14 and 18mm compatible. In the past it’s been available in TI and SS. I owned one once and sold it because it doesn’t really sit in the joint on its own. It kind of need a to be held there. Thinking about the Keg with my summit has me wishing I didn’t sell it.

Edit 2: What about a JoeKing Assassin? It uses an O ring to seal the joint instead of a taper but it’s well done. I just tried it in the summit and it has a nice fit. Love mine.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Day 2 of new Dynavap M.

Much better. Beginning to like it.
\
Can do the small bowl in 3 or 4 hits.

Makes my G pen look like joke.

Looking for a TI tip or an Omni.

David
Ti tip is great.. the material inside the tip (herb/extraction) gets less oxidized because it requires less heat to reach the temperature.. as Chicken No Name said.. Omni only if you got the cash, IH is great!

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Looking for a TI tip or an Omni.
I'll second the Omni. The Ti tips make a significant difference, but the Omni deserves its flagship status. I loved the older version but I think the new one is even better at producing voluminous vapor and the flavor is I think the best DV's ever achieved. In my reckoning, the new bowl is the biggest factor, so I guess you could split the difference and get a new Omni tip. I haven't tried one on an M yet but I think it has improved the performance of my old Omni, and I've used them with WPAs for great success in production/flavor [edit: the serrated edge of the new bowl also helps with airflow, a plus when used through waterpieces]. Only downside is they get warm and they push off a lot of heat to the stem. The new one's built for that, the older stem gets pretty warm. The vapor is warm, as well, but it doesn't seem particularly dry or irritating. Every time I use this thing I'm surprised at how well it works and how much I like it!

Last edited:

Cannabiker

If you want something truly unbreakable, and beautiful, with a 14mm fit, you should check out Andy Capp's creations. @Andy Capp is a member here, makes gorgeous titanium dyna-compatible stems on a manual lathe, and has an instagram page with just what you're looking for: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNlzAFdn0lg/
Yes! Thank you--those are beautiful.

And thank you again, @The Stray Fox. I had considered the Assassin, but I don't want a carb, and the only way to shut the carb off is to use a condenser--and I don't want a condenser. I want a stem that I can clean by jamming it up into the faucet of my utility sink. I realized this after a while of using the Vong. I love that device, but I was spending too much time cleaning a finnicky little piece that will swell up and stop working if it gets wet. To me, water pieces don't need to be anything more than the Water Wand.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I've been getting a metallic
Not when vaping but on occasion if I smoke out of a small piece like a glass bowl I get a metallic taste/sensation that seems related to my fillings? I’m not sure what’s at play?

The Stray Fox,
Reactions: kel

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Not when vaping but on occasion if I smoke out of a small piece like a glass bowl I get a metallic taste/sensation that seems related to my fillings? I’m not sure what’s at play?

That's interesting, that's the kind of info I am looking for - thank you :tup:

and yeah, that's what I am trying to work out.

I've switched back to using glass & water without a stem, going to see how it goes.

It could be that I am just sensitive to it, I believe some people are. Could be it's just because of the trip to the dentist and it will tail off. Whatever ti is I'm hoping it is temporary.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
@Demonic chronic - I dunno, I wouldn't go back to torch after IH personally. It's rather fool proof and easier to dial in heat now that I've got the hang of it.

Thanks to the people posting all those alternatives to WaterWand. Saved me the time I was going to spend searching. @Bologna , @coolbreeze , @RustyOldNail , @kel - Are any of them any better though? Other than being smaller which I don't need, I'm not sure there's a functional difference.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...I've been putting flower in the DV between batches of BHO, or just to try something as flower to see what it's like, and I must say after vaping concentrates for so long flower does not taste good in comparison. Like, flower has an ok flavor for the first hit maybe, and then starts to taste kinda like popcorn after that.

Concentrates/DynaCoil dabs through water have spoiled me a bit I think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am also TI curious. Wondering if it works better with the DynaCoil somehow. Trying so hard to resist VAS for all things DV. :doh:

Last edited:

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Let me save you some money and state that stainless steel tips work far better with concentrates. But if I were you, I'd buy one regardless :lol:
Thanks, there's no VAS support group here I see. :haw:

Haven't tried the Viper stem with 2020 M on the DDave Rippah since becoming more comfortable with my IH. I guess the coil will cool more and add a little more volume.

Purple is Galactic Jelly, green is Apple Crisp. Couldn't help myself.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Thanks, there's no VAS support group here I see. :haw:

Haven't tried the Viper stem with 2020 M on the DDave Rippah since becoming more comfortable with my IH. I guess the coil will cool more and add a little more volume.

Purple is Galactic Jelly, green is Apple Crisp. Couldn't help myself.
Nice looking shit. What's that narrow glass bubbler you got there?

Before you go into a dynacoil, just try taking a flattened dime size piece of organic cotton and wrapping that around a dab of concentrate. I do like the ss tips for this. @TommyDee knows I love my 19M's. After 2 hits, pull the cap and give the cotton a little taffy pull to increase surface area, and then look out for the next hit. :razz: Toss and repeat. If you already do this, I beg your pardon.

I find that reclaim spoils the flavor when using a DC, unless you really clean it between loads.

On another note, I swore off the Mad Heaters thread for a while, but then I just took a look at their new stem that should come out in November and it looks sweet. I do worry about airleak with these mod stems. Some of you fuckers coaxed me into a Slingshot stem once upon a time. Oh its so great you said. Well the paint chipped the fuck off and both of them leak air like a worn out radial with the steel belting showing.

But this one is promising.

Last edited:

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Nice looking shit. What's that narrow glass bubbler you got there?
I feel like such a shill at this point lol, but it's the DDave Rippah. I've knocked it over and dropped it (on wood floor) a couple times already and it's perfectly fine. I've been considering ordering another one just to have it in case I ever can't get one again for some reason.

It's the "medium water pipe" (that he calls "Da Rippah", so I named mine Kelly), it comes with the WaterWand mega kit ($75).

This is pretty much all the DV stuff I have except for spare parts and the micro water pipe from the DDave kit.

Anyone want to buy two cosmetically defective (timing lights are busted on both) Alpines? :lol:

I find that reclaim spoils the flavor when using a DC, unless you really clean it between loads.
I have used cotton in Solo version 1 and am aware of this method in a DV as well. I did not know that you should fluff the cotton after a couple pulls, so thanks for that.

I agressively torch the coil after every load and chip built up carbon and stuff off periodically. It may wear down the coil faster than some other cleaning methods but it works well, quickly.

David Root

I tried the coil last night.
It worked with a little concentrate.
The M tip seems to heat up faster and cool down slower making for a longer draw.

The omni is longer than the M, it dies not fit in the dugout. I switched the TI tip with the M. It works. It does not work with the m tip on the Omni. It screws up the draw control.

The Omni IS lighter. Heat does not get to the stem as easy. The whole thing seems to run cooler. Titanium is cool.

It seems the smallest bowl is working for me. I tried a couple full size. Maybe I am not experienced enough.

On a 4 day vacation with both.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
We gotta get you a real dab tool.. that exacto :D

Seriously though, nice sticky concentrate will rip a small tip off the end of your blade and you would never notice it... definitely time to upgrade! Even a free tool that comes with most pens would be a wiser choice.
I have at least a few dab tools stashed away somewhere. I even have one with a glass skunk on the end, but I like my old exacto, it's got character (and handle that feels better in my hand)!

I'm just loading the coil, not dabbing straight to a heat source from it.

That blade is about a decade old and too dull to cut tissue paper. All the usage has merely rounded off the tip. I don't think it's in danger of breaking while digging in shatter but stranger things have happened....

Top Bottom