stark1

Lonesome Planet
I haven't yet been sucked into those expensive third party VC stems, but I truly miss @stardustsailor who barely even shows up as a user anymore. He was a great VC stem developer, and hasn't posted here in a few years... :(

A young (growing) family will do that. :love:

Plus, when the law runs counter to people being
Happy baked, it can get miserable. YKMV

stark1,

mwnger

I had a go at making my own stem recently, from a stem of my own homegrown, as part of the Sweet Seeds grow diary competition, I thought you might appreciate it. I don't recall ever seeing a stem made from a cannabis stem so once I had the idea I had to do it. I took some pictures showing the making, and the final product next to a flower from the same plant (Ice Cool Auto). The tip is held on using a steel collar from an old hash pipe, and I've bulked out the space with some de-gummed hemp fibre on the stem, and extra o-rings on the tip. The very light stem isn't great for cooling but it is long enough, it actually works fairly well! Very satisfying, especially heating in my own home made induction heater.

Whilst here I'll add I'm still really enjoying the MVS after 6 weeks of ownership and daily use. It works better than anything to cool the vapor and I like the adjustable airflow, it's easy to see how you have it set. But, that hasn't stopped me ordering a couple of very cheap jadeite/agate stems from the far east via Etsy which I am waiting for. I bought a nice stem made of chestnut from @suckingonwood on Instagram recently too. Also I am supposed to be clearing up the spare room but in the process found our old hookah pipe, so I gave it a clean up and a quick test with a fat mouthpiece as an adaptor. This worked quite nicely dry, so I have ordered an adaptor to use a vong with it. It never ends does it? I do have hoarder tendencies, but I tell myself at least a collection of vapcap stems isn't taking up half the spare room. Not yet anyway :lol:

Attachments

• Dynavap stem stem - Copy.jpg
    Dynavap stem stem - Copy.jpg
    709.8 KB · Views: 36
  • ica stem - Copy.jpg
    ica stem - Copy.jpg
    599.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Ice Cool Auto with stem - Copy.jpg
    Ice Cool Auto with stem - Copy.jpg
    934.5 KB · Views: 36

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
cyberguy, do you have any of stardustsailor's creations?
No, I always intended to but never actually went for it. I never expected him to drop out.
A young (growing) family will do that. :love:

Plus, when the law runs counter to people being
Happy baked, it can get miserable. YKMV
I'm sure that is what drove his decision. Greece has medical, but I can imagine that making products for that market is "suspicious" and with kids the risk is probably not worth it. It is perfectly reasonable to not want to draw that kind of attention.
I hope he is using his artistic skills in whatever he is doing now cause he had great talent and even better potential.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
One of my older caps has a reduced click noise. When shaken, it's noticeably fainter than my new captive cap. Is there anythihg I can do to it or just retire it? I've combusted a few times due to not hearing it properly...not myself, the cap.:brow:
IGNORE IT…they *do* that every now and then for no discernible reason. Then they go back to normal (I suspect a too-f

Listen to your own voice of experience: the trick is to keep your cool - and if you don’t have 2nd click by the time you expect it, assume the affirmative and carry on. Pull and puff.

UPDATE - small, but there…

Majordude2626

The Sneaky Pete Half-Bowl converters work as advertised. I get two great thick hits.

I like the smaller bowl for a couple of occasions and now have two set up to use when I want.

Very happy I made the purchase.
I’m running four of them and they are fantastic! I was constantly fumbling with that screen setting before, bending screens, pushin screens crooked so material slips through, maybe get it to work for a bowl or two then it was not right. This shit is money!

Smokey McVape

I’m running four of them and they are fantastic! I was constantly fumbling with that screen setting before, bending screens, pushin screens crooked so material slips through, maybe get it to work for a bowl or two then it was not right. This shit is money!
I am happy that your purchases have made your DV experience better. Being in the UK I can't justify purchasing them due to additional shipping and import costs and will have to make do half filling a full bowl as I have been for years.

GoldenBud

Are there any screens, other than DynaCoil, for attaching with hash in the VapCap, but strong ones? that the metal spikes won't get into your finger while you disassemble..

GoldenBud,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
You lucky Uropee-ans, kinda hard to get good hash around the sticks, here.
We do have some “dispensaries” popping up overnight everywhere, like mushrooms.
Some with THC % in the nineties, whatever that means. Makes one dazed, and confused
Is all I rember :cheers:

GoldenBud

I load hash directly and q tip the bowl when done, sort of like a banger.
I mean very good "ICE-HASH" - with this method - the good materials won't fall off with gravitation to the bubbler? well, let's try..
EDIT: the Vaponic's screen are fine and won't get inside fingers but kinda too big for the Vapcap .... but it works! if you squeeze it kinda.... and it sends the terps through my nose :D

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You lucky Uropee-ans, kinda hard to get good hash around the sticks, here.
We do have some “dispensaries” popping up overnight everywhere, like mushrooms.
Some with THC % in the nineties, whatever that means. Makes one dazed, and confused
Is all I rember :cheers:
I haven't seen any decent hash in a minimum of 25 years. And the best was around in the 70s, mostly coming from South East Asia and coming home with our boys although much came from the middle east as well.

Top Bottom