gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Hey everyone! While at home I mostly use my Woodscents, I’m always impressed by the dynavap. I’ve spent the last few days using the dv through one of those little mja bubblers (not recommended, with my bb9 the tip is awfully close to my forehead—if I leaned forward I’d melt my glasses I think) and regular water piece (just a matrix sidecar from dh gate).

I’ve been alternating between a low temp and regular cap. In general through water I don’t really notice the difference, though with less cooling I find the mini rig to be too harsh with the regular cap. I think this is less to do with vapor temp and more to do with hit size. With my WS low vs high temps lead to noticeably different effects—lower temps tend to be more energetic to me, while cranking the temp is more mellow. I don’t really get that with the low temp cap (according to dv it’s a 10-15 degree difference, and after the cap clicks the temp probably still increases after you take the torch away). However, I do find the low temp cap leads to smaller hits, and a lot more of them. I forget the exact numbers, but I think I was getting 8-10 smaller hits with the low temp cap vs 5-6 with the regular. All of these were sufficient to fill my wp completely, although the last few on the low temp cap weren’t quite as thick and often with a regular cap I could clear my wp and fill it again. Just food for thought for interested parties.

The main reason for my post is that I’ve never been sold on IHs, but spending a few days exclusively torching I can see the appeal—I nearly emptied my single flame Honest torch, heating the cap for the first time with a single flame can take close to 30 seconds (much faster after), and I could see wind making the single flame a pita. I’m thinking about looking into an ih, but I’ve heard some of them perform more or less aggressive while some favor ss vs ti tips (I have one of each but otherwise prefer the ti 99.999% of the time—if an ih isn’t in the mix it seems like an absolutely worthwhile upgrade to anyone with an m: it heats quicker which is convenient, but because it cools quicker I get more smaller hits without going as dark unless I opt for an extra few heat cycles, so the option is there to extract as far but I don’t have to take monster rips that aren’t necessarily my preference). Just curious how the various options compare. When I have looked I always thought the fluxer options looked the best, but that was mostly aesthetics. Just wondering where I should start my research. The other option I’ve considered is making my own. Probably won’t look as cool and I don’t have a ton of electronics experience, but this seems like a low barrier of entry.

mourningbell

Certified human
So my '18 Omni XL was capless for a minute and I bought two new (og) caps via Dynavap. They were SUPER lose when I got them, had to squeeze the fuck outta them to get them to stay on my Omni... and now I'm noticing a significantly looser air flow than before. :(

A little disappointed as I like a super tight draw. Still works great with a torch but definitely not as good with my induction heater as the cap that came with my Omni.

Smokey McVape

Hi everyone new to FC but loving it so far. Can anyone advise on how to correctly use the Apollo 2 IH in a way of getting the most hits . I’m currently using a titanium omni xl with a captive cap and it getting 2-3 hits then it starts to get burnt . ?
Welcome to the forum @Vapormarsh.
After 2-3 heat cycles, blow the herb into your hand and stir it. You will notice the bud in the middle is still green - this is the downside of most IH heaters with the exception of The Fluxer - the outside gets hot quickly but the middle doesn't because it heats up very quickly. The longer heating time with a torch gives the entire bowl time to heat up EVENLY, producing more vapor, bigger clouds, better efficiency and no need to stir.
Anyway, once you have stirred your bud put it back in your Vapcap and heat again for a few heat cycles and you will get more milage from your herb.

bener

Vapeologist
Nope, just the M of the '21s... I'd def like to try one as I usually just run a (Ti) tip straight thru glass and a smidge of water... no port/carb nec... :tup:

I have just started messing around with the two new Ti tips, but I don’t feel that they perform the same as each other and I am near certain they heatup more slowly than previous Ti tips (at lea the recent vintages).

here’s why:
Ti tip Mass
New Omni Ti Tip = 3.97 gm
New VonG Ti Tip = 3.74 gm

I have been switching them and trying my older Ti tips as well as newer and older caps to see what I like best.

So far I am really preferring older caps with the new Ti tips.

Welcome to the forum @Vapormarsh.
After 2-3 heat cycles, blow the herb into your hand and stir it. You will notice the bud in the middle is still green - this is the downside of most IH heaters with the exception of The Fluxer - the outside gets hot quickly but the middle doesn't because it heats up very quickly. The longer heating time with a torch gives the entire bowl time to heat up EVENLY, producing more vapor, bigger clouds, better efficiency and no need to stir.
Anyway, once you have stirred your bud put it back in your Vapcap and heat again for a few heat cycles and you will get more milage from your herb.
Thanks a million really appreciate the advice I’ll try that . The Fluxer definitely sounds interesting :)

Vaporware

Thanks a million really appreciate the advice I’ll try that . The Fluxer definitely sounds interesting :)

The Fluxer Flite and Flix v2 offer PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) which basically turns the heater on and off a bunch of times to slow down the heating process. I think that makes a real difference in even heating with an induction heater.

You can simulate this with most IHs by repeatedly activating and deactivating them every second or two, but that is more work.

The Sense hasn’t been released yet, but it it will have temperature control and it looks like it should be a great one too.

My Flux Deluxe is more capable of a little uneven cooking than my Flite is, but really all of the Fluxer offerings had been at least a step or two above most other offerings in my opinion.

Pipes had been at this for a long time though, and I hear he’s got his dialed in pretty well too. :)

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Sooo. I received a 10mm short glass adapter for Dynavap tips yesterday, that I'd ordered from @Ed's TnT .

Now I'm enjoying it with my little collection of GRAV pocket bubblers, having fun with the variety. :smug:

IMG-1453.jpg

Vaporware

How do you like them all? I just got the little sphere in the 4/20 sale and I’ll probably pick up another next sale but I’m not sure which to go with!

These can’t replace larger glass rigs for everything, but they do seem to be a good fit for 10mm VapCap stems. :)

Vaporware,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
How do you like them all? I just got the little sphere in the 4/20 sale and I’ll probably pick up another next sale but I’m not sure which to go with!

These can’t replace larger glass rigs for everything, but they do seem to be a good fit for 10mm VapCap stems. :)

The hourglass shaped one is the most recent one (just got it the other day), and I think I like it the most. Second would be the one on the far-right. I mean I like em all, but those two I probably like the most.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have just started messing around with the two new Ti tips, but I don’t feel that they perform the same as each other and I am near certain they heatup more slowly than previous Ti tips (at lea the recent vintages).

here’s why:
Ti tip Mass
New Omni Ti Tip = 3.97 gm
New VonG Ti Tip = 3.74 gm

I have been switching them and trying my older Ti tips as well as newer and older caps to see what I like best.

So far I am really preferring older caps with the new Ti tips.
The stainless tip is effective 4 CANNABIS consumption?
Does TI work to do what?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Sooo. I received a 10mm short glass adapter for Dynavap tips yesterday, that I'd ordered from @Ed's TnT .

Now I'm enjoying it with my little collection of GRAV pocket bubblers, having fun with the variety. :smug:

IMG-1453.jpg

Grav makes some stunning vaporware.
Of your (many) bubblers, @Ramahs I love your Wide Base best. The heft. The stability.
A handsome piece.

The stainless tip is effective 4 CANNABIS consumption?
Does TI work to do what?

@ataxian, the Flair of the 21st Century fox
(with a small pocket mag heater, of course)
🤓

Imagine. Lock & load with one, back in Golden Gate Park, being tossed at a Grateful Dead concert.
Or tripping with Kerouac, in Big Sur

pic uploader

Last edited:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Can only speak to the two well tuned @Pipes desktop and portable IHs that I own. Find that consistent brown AVB for me is more dependant on a uniform grind, firmness of pack and whether it's a captive or standard cap that I choose. Rarely disappointed with the extraction if I pay attention to this. The yet to be released Sense from Mad Heaters may make this unnecessary. We'll see.

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Can only speak to the two well tuned @Pipes desktop and portable IHs that I own. Find that consistent brown AVB for me is more dependant on a uniform grind, firmness of pack and whether it's a captive or standard cap that I choose. Rarely disappointed with the extraction if I pay attention to this. The yet to be released Sense from Mad Heaters may make this unnecessary. We'll see.
I’ve got 2 pipes IH and they never consistently give me even extracted AVB, always green on inside, I’m not hating on pipes or any other IH, I’ve went back 2 using a torch, I get even extraction and I seem 2 get higher with a flame, that’s just me:spliff:

Steamer

The yet to be released Sense from Mad Heaters may make this unnecessary. We'll see.
Personally I like the idea of temp control a lot, but I think it all comes down to how much power an induction coil actually produces. If it's producing 80 Watts it might still cook the outside of your weed too fast, even when you cut the power when reaching the desired temperature. And at that point you are wasting precious vapors my friend!
I thought that there would be different heating profiles on the Sense, that will make the biggest difference imo

Top Bottom