BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I'm loving my little Hotshot. Def worth every penny. I don't believe he is shipping international though.
And the little door flap is still hanging in there. No worries. I have a PSM and caldron on standby too if the battery dies.

I may very well pick up a Sense when they come along. I'm hoping for a reasonable pre-sale price. That adjustable temp setting is just a game changer. Imagine your heating chamber not exceeding your desired temp. You can have it climb through the lower temps to pick up those cannabinoids and then let it top out at a nice 390-400F for me. I'm sure many others will follow once the genie is out of the bottle.

... and then the click becomes obsolete. (If that becomes your heat source)

bener

Vapeologist
I mentioned over in the IH thread that I have noticed the tip side Ti collar of the new VonG gets quite warm after a couple bowls and I wondered if that might be related to my PSM (or any IH), but I am wondering now if it may alternatively be related to fewer orings in the tip allowing more heat to travel. It isn't unmanageable or anything but it is definately noticeable. Of course it might be both.

It might be. I think it’s likely also affected by the new Ti tips having more mass.

I noticed the same wile using the torch lighter. The new VonG gets the hottest of my vapcaps.
The tip side collar sometimes gets too hot to handle, for my liking. And also the vapour is pretty hot when used as is. It still is my favorite VC at the moment.

I agree, but then it does have a short length, so it’s to be expected. My other Vongs are XL so I am comparing apples to oranges.

George said in the "Introducing the Vong" video that the tip o-rings had been reduced from 4 to 2, so there are "fewer o-rings to wear out and replace, and fewer points of contact for heat transfer".
I was skeptical about that second claim, I thought it would probably have the opposite effect especially without the one right at the end of the stem.
I can see how one could argue both points of view. Experiments are needed 👨‍🔬 🔬

Here are a few data points for Ti tip mass. I believe that the differences in them does hav an effect. Personally, my happy place with the new Ti tips is reached using an older tip. I find that ones from about 18+ months ago click a bit later than the more recent ones —whether a captive cap or not— aday that works for me.

Ti tip Mass
New Omni Ti Tip = 3.97 gm
New VonG Ti Tip = 3.74 gm

Older Ti Tips = 3.16, 3.27, 3.25 gm

all without CCDs and O-rings.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Like Tillie the enigmatic little engine that could, the humble little Hotshot keeps on chugging
Up, up and up, a real Piper, and a Stoner! 💪 A Dreamer, some would say.

Like the ubiquitous model T, it serves its purpose to a
T! Every TED should have this companion piece. A Legacy in the making.

Like, Thank you, @Pipes! :sherlock:

Last edited:

Smokey McVape

After using just a single flame torch for a wee while now (instead of my IH’s) I can say I seem 2 get higher with a torch, and I get more even extraction, also seems 2 hit harder, the IH’s I have don’t seem 2 vape a cap evenly, vaped on outside still green on inside, torch on the other hand evenly cooks a cap 2 a dark brown. Well that’s what I found out experimenting:spliff:
What you have discovered is that like most things, if you use them in the way they were designed to be used, you get the best results.
I too have gone back to torches after exclusive IH use for a year and noticed everything you mentioned - especially the even vaping and no stirring requirement that you just don't get with IH's. I have mentioned it many times before but with IH's the cap clicks BEFORE the bowl is at the correct temperature due to the thin metal the cap is made from and the way it is heated. You get bigger hits with a torch because it takes longer to heat up, allowing vapour to build with full even extraction and better convection properties. IH's have their place especially if travelling but for my money you cannot beat a torch with a Dynavap and never will.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Anyone wanna see my DynaCrap...?

This is most of it, and the stuff I've purchased/acquired in support since Black Friday '17 (note: original mflb brush):
26D4BD30-04F1-4375-844D-4537A99694AC.jpeg

RIP
Sneaky Pete Mini-Globe
4/20/18 - 3/15/21
You Will Be Missed

Last edited:

Greenleaf88

I'm astonished at ppl not getting even results from ih. I've been using my ih for 4 years now on a daily basis portable and plug in, it always comes out a really dark brown even cook no hot spots or green flakes. I don't go past the click and production and cook is perfect.

I always try my torch after reading here but it is never as consistent, hits may vary even if u heat at the same spot all the time. Now you do have more control and if you prefer to take cooler smaller hits the torch will get you there. If you want consistent even heating best production ih sorry for the torchies, I love torches I have so many and I always try to go back, single,double,triple I do get good hits it a great back up.

Edit: I just ordered 3 aomai torches.from China though just cuz i like torches.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Is that big boy a propane torch? For real:tup:
Yup, it sure is... In fact, it's my grandfather's old antique BERNZOMATIC CORP 191A pencil torch made in Medina, NY, of solid brass (and a plastic knob) that was bequeathed to me many years ago. I believe he used it for grilling and creme brûlée...

Propane is relatively cheap compared to butane, especially when you drive around with a 100lb wheeled tank that refills camping canisters... :rofl::
042CDCE5-647D-4610-AABC-B4C51A26625A.jpeg
How's about a little Lip Smacker and Kenya aa for breakfast...? Cheers, MassBuddy!

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Seriously? For a defenseless l’il Cap?
You are seriously competing with SISTER Corita?

Morrissey Boulevard, Bahston

*100lbs*? A bit overkill
Ha, no. That tank (actually holds like 23.5 gal of propane, I guess that's how much it weighs filled total, or whatever) has many other uses... such as: fuels a 2500 watt portable camping generator, camp stove, heater and grill... I use this setup sometimes so I can keep per diem$... to buy more DynaCrap.

I actually just used the HotShot, not gas, the torch was placed there for affect....

Last edited:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
I own two IH's and close to a dozen torches with multiples of numbers of flames. Carry a torch or two when I'm on the go and the IHs around my house and property. Both are simply heating devices that can provide tasty clouds or if not properly used combust your flower.

For me the cap 'click' is only one factor in the heating of the load, certainly not all the factors. I've often just gotten the one initial click then had four or more draws to finish the bowl without any further clicks using both a torch and IH.

IMHO, it's just as important to develop a personal technique with your IH than it is with a torch to get the exact experience and extraction that meets your needs. Of course the Sense from Mad Heaters may automate the whole process with it's temp stepping abilities. Wallet at ready!

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
After 2 weeks with my 21 Omni I can say that it's a great bit of kit! The 20M served me very well during the first months of quitting combustion.
Now that I'm pretty much converted, my Mighty is gathering dust. One thing that holds me from selling, is the fact that torches are just too much of a hassle. I actually enjoy my DV more inside of the house and my Mighty when out and about - exactly the opposite of what I bought them for!

Any recommendations?
I’ve had best luck with my Flux Deluxe for heating. I understand there’s been considerable development since @mr_cfromcali built mine. He has an active thread here. If I didn’t have this, I’d probably get whatever he’s got. Real nice guy, real nice rig.

I'm astonished at ppl not getting even results from ih. I've been using my ih for 4 years now on a daily basis portable and plug in, it always comes out a really dark brown even cook no hot spots or green flakes. I don't go past the click and production and cook is perfect.

I own two IH's and close to a dozen torches with multiples of numbers of flames. Carry a torch or two when I'm on the go and the IHs around my house and property. Both are simply heating devices that can provide tasty clouds or if not properly used combust your flower.
I find the biggest variable to be the charge (or something I imagine is the charge): the more depleted the batteries, the slower the heat-up, so I would imagine that has an effect on extraction and material color in the bowl. When the click slows down, I tend to let it heat another beat before pulling it - like the heat is less aggressive / isn’t quite keeping up with the click (or something). Anyhow, doing so gives a better hit - but not on fresh batteries!

I wanted to mention that my Flux has an aggressive 14mm coil, so I’m strict with the click otherwise.

For me the cap 'click' is only one factor in the heating of the load, certainly not all the factors. I've often just gotten the one initial click then had four or more draws to finish the bowl without any further clicks using both a torch and IH.

IMHO, it's just as important to develop a personal technique with your IH than it is with a torch to get the exact experience and extraction that meets your needs. Of course the Sense from Mad Heaters may automate the whole process with it's temp stepping abilities. Wallet at ready!
I’ve made it a rule for myself: if I don’t get a second click “when I should” I heat another beat, then pull it anyway. Safety first!

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
After having used the Vapman that doesn't have any 'the load is ready indicator click', it's become much more fluid to successfully operate the DV with out needing a cool down click before reapplying heat. So the initial click is all that's needed. The Vapman is a special vape and learning tool.

RobbIt

I always try my torch after reading here but it is never as consistent, hits may vary even if u heat at the same spot all the time. Now you do have more control and if you prefer to take cooler smaller hits the torch will get you there. If you want consistent even heating best production ih sorry for the torchies, I love torches I have so many and I always try to go back, single,double,triple I do get good hits it a great back up.

Edit: I just ordered 3 aomai torches.from China though just cuz i like torches.
I agree @Greenleaf88.

Fluxer Flite v2...

Md_Hybrid

Stuck under a 🪵
Here is a close-up of the pseudo "dyna"
rBVap2BdjD2AVcJnAAMrmEKSrtI476.jpg

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Quest-ion is, does the cap respect the click? Muah ha-ha

The real question is, (with temp control on the horizon) how does the "tip" perform... "tip", what "tip"? wtf is it made out of...? is there a condenser? all that looks like is a fancy bat for a dugout meant for smoking days of ol'... with an interchangeable tip (for when it clogs with goo?), cap to keep pocket lint out and carb hole(s)... :rofl:

Smoke dem ohhhh-rings if u got 'em!

Last edited:
Top Bottom