bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
They set the price, we decide whether or not to buy.
Yes - I hope that everyone who even remotely wanted one signed up on the list. No commitment to buy, but a chance to register your desire. When the time comes, you can decide if the final price is worthwhile for you or not. If DV mills a couple thousand tips and can't sell them - the message will be clear.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I signed up for the $77 tip and will buy it. F it. I have a feeling it will work out for those who did.

Speaking of pricey things! My custom Simrell stem I ordered to pair with his new mouthpiece has arrived. It’s a perfect addition to my collection. I love that it is lined. I wish my high end Ed’s TNT stems were.

I also recently acquired an XL Vortex and am loving it. It’s all I’ve been using....as far as Dynavaps go. 😂 I can’t believe it took me this long to try his products.
4A534F91-85C6-4117-970B-001F9214BB45.jpeg
FD972DC4-F312-4ED7-8F62-E7DC173E597E.jpeg

vandalizedbythelotus

People need to get over it before someone gets called Karen. We are potential customers, they are a business. They set the price, we decide whether or not to buy. In this case i do agree $77 is too much for a tip and decided to not purchase. Maybe they get the hint or maybe enough people bought it they won't. This is how life works. We don't have a regulatory agency for vape pricing. :2c: :2c:

Love yourself! :peace:
i'm sure name calling is the next logical step after strawman arguments, however i still feel compelled to point out BS when i see it.
def agree about voting with the wallet but they wanted a relationship with the community so there's also feedback/debating on forums and such. can't all be pretty pics and praise if there's reason for dissatisfaction.
you love yourself too! :peace:

SomnusViduus

you want the wizard or the skull?
I signed up for the $77 tip and will buy it. F it. I have a feeling it will work out for those who did.

Speaking of pricey things! My custom Simrell stem I ordered to pair with his new mouthpiece has arrived. It’s a perfect addition to my collection. I love that it is lined. I wish my high end Ed’s TNT stems were.

I also recently acquired an XL Vortex and am loving it. It’s all I’ve been using....as far as Dynavaps go. 😂 I can’t believe it took me this long to try his products.
View attachment 4216
View attachment 4217
i also signed up for and plan on buying the tip, but i am coming from the opposite end. all i have to put it on is my lowly 2020 M body lol. my plan is to get a new stem or body last, after all the rest is upgraded. i've always had a thing for sleeper cars and the like. 'nothing to see here' and all that...

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@The Stray Fox - it will be interesting to know what survives the culling. Where are things leaning so far?
Still in the tough to decide phase of temporarily attached. It clouds my judgment. The Omni Xl wouldn’t make the team. Maybe I’d keep the stem but the Omni condenser would have to go. The rest are still playing well in my book. Like I said, I do worry about the unlined stems. Though they are carbless and I use them with condensers, I’m not much for gambling. Also, I’m in love with a few cap/tip pairing. Others not so much. They won’t make the team either.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
no worries about unlined stems over here. I got some ss tubing a while back, and have a couple with liners, but honestly use the non lined stems more.
My favorite is an unlined wood stem from when Dynacraft was still making them. Just wondering what the concerns are. I know the wood was pretty bare without any stains or chemicals. It has a very wide InnerD compared to what you see with condensor ID's. I love the airflow, lack of an airhole, and the light weight. In fact, it's so light that I can set it on the magnet of my PSM and turn the unit almost sideways without the vapcap falling off. I wonder if @TommyDee still favors his unlined quince stems that always look so cool.

The one concern is the wearing away of the wood from continuous removal of the tip for cleaning. As a result, I rarely remove the tip and clean it while attached. There is no need to clean the stem as I let the reclaim form a nice coating over the wood. It would be years before any build up would restrict the airflow in that stem.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I guess I concerned about splitting where the tip inserts. I always butter up when inserting my tip. 🤭 Maybe I’m over concerned about unlined stems. I’ve never had a problem up to this point so....

The only stem that split on me was one of those Ti woodies DV used to sell. The wood was pretty thin, and so it split on one end before I was able to put a metal cap on it. They had condensers too. These days, Ed and others tend to make them with thicker wood. The issue with my newer wood stem is the tip end wearing out, but I try not to take the tip out very often. When I do, I give it a good lubing. I could always use a thicker o-ring on the tip if need be.

Planck

believes in Dog
@Planck Love the rustic vibe man! Nice contrast to that sweet looking stem.

Was it hard to drill the hole in the bolt?

Wait! Did I just just say you have a sweet looking stem?

Minds out of gutter people. Minds out of the gutter!
:brow::rofl:Thanks @TheThriftDrifter . I made the stem too. 115mm (4 3/16) long, carbon fiber with full stainless steel vapor path and ends. No airport. (hooray)

This grade of bolt is soft and drills easily. I have a drill press but it's doable with a hand drill too. That's a one inch bolt but 1/2 an inch would be perfectly fine.

@Planck Nice DIY ! I just made something similar cutting a piece of this ,i dunno how they are called in English. Threaded rod with a hole ,lol ?Anyway spares the drilling :)
Thanks @Abysmal Vapor. How do you like your lamp? I absolutely love using this lamp. How do you like the flame is too wide/big? Cool hack on repurposing the lamp parts. What do you use for the wick?

I've considered threaded barb fittings like these Many of these are NPT thread (tapered), I'd avoid those and get SAE threads. Lots of inner diameters available.

Cheers guys!

entirely_foreign

Well well well... I think now we can all agree that dynavap charging any amount for any product is price gouging ;)
Next year in this thread: well they charged $40 3 years ago, $20 2 years ago, free last year, so this year they should be paying us to take that shit off their hands 😆😂

I'll be honest, I was very hesitant to sign up, almost didn't (got in in the last 15 min), but if this is for everyone that signed up, I'm happy to eat that crow. Gimme that sriracha lol

vandalizedbythelotus

Well well well... I think now we can all agree that dynavap charging any amount for any product is price gouging ;)
well well well ... can't help wondering if this is a reaction to the uproar. i'll gladly be proven wrong btw since my intention was never to $#1+ on dynavap but to keep them on the very short list of companies i actually want to support.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
w

well well well ... can't help wondering if this is a reaction to the uproar. i'll gladly be proven wrong btw since my intention was never to $#1+ on dynavap but to keep them on the very short list of companies i actually want to support.

Early Christmas from SantaVap :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom