• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

jabba

shamrless plug, but....this tool I make really does the trik. Forum members agree
pm me if interested
Thanks for the offer. I'm not entirely certain what I am looking at. Respectfully, at this early stage of my Dyna-development I am not looking for extra bits. I had commented only to suggest that the DynaVap SS M series tip is not quite as easily 'adjustable' as the manufacturer indicates. That said...I did get the job done....got my cap shaped to hold on to the tip better....and am feeling like I am finally getting the DynaVap dialed in a bit.
Again...thanks for the offer.

jabba,

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thanks for the offer. I'm not entirely certain what I am looking at. Respectfully, at this early stage of my Dyna-development I am not looking for extra bits. I had commented only to suggest that the DynaVap SS M series tip is not quite as easily 'adjustable' as the manufacturer indicates. That said...I did get the job done....got my cap shaped to hold on to the tip better....and am feeling like I am finally getting the DynaVap dialed in a bit.
Again...thanks for the offer.
no worries bro

the idea for the tool, snd an approp size wood screw will work too..is that the head of the screw is the same OD as the screen. using the thumb index mid fingers to grip the screen on the hesd sllows to insert screen in a way that prevents it from turning sideways...click click into the set points in the vapcap tip will post a pic of this in a bit

hers the pic
IMG-5575.jpg

jabba

no worries bro

the idea for the tool, snd an approp size wood screw will work too..is that the head of the screw is the same OD as the screen. using the thumb index mid fingers to grip the screen on the hesd sllows to insert screen in a way that prevents it from turning sideways...click click into the set points in the vapcap tip will post a pic of this in a bit

hers the pic
Brilliant. I wish such efforts weren't necessary just to adjust the 'adjustable bowl'.....but such is the world today I s'pose. Nice job on this.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I never had luck moving those screens. They would just bend and taco when I tried to push them out. I leave them in now and clean around them with an iso soak and a q-tip. My tips are not adjustable. When I want a smaller session, I just put less in.

@jabba, welcome to the thread! You will hone your techniques over time. I gave up on torches. Hate them. Once I started using IH's I never looked back. For me, the difference is like comparing a stick shift to an automatic. I always ground the gears. For me, Dynaflow was the way to go (more of a Buick reference there ;)).

Also, IDK if hoppers are best used direct to lung or mouthpulls, but these are two different experiences with the vapcaps. Learning the mouthpull technique was a game changer for me. I didn't create this method, but I follow it. I posted back on page 2064 on this technique if you want to check it out.

Last edited:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I never had luck moving those screens. They would just bend and taco when I tried to push them out. I leave them in now and clean around them with an iso soak and a q-tip. My tips are not adjustable. When I want a smaller session, I just put less in.

@jabba, welcome to the thread! You will hone your techniques over time. I gave up on torches. Hate them. Once I started using IH's I never looked back. For me, the difference is like comparing a stick shift to an automatic. I always ground the gears. For me, Dynaflow was the way to go (more of a Buick reference there ;)).

Also, IDK if hoppers are best used direct to lung or mouthpulls, but these are two different experiences with the vapcaps. Learning the mouthpull technique was a game changer for me. I didn't create this method, but I follow it. I posted back on page 2064 on this technique if you want to check it out.

the proper diameter punch and enough mass pops them out good....
IMG-5574.jpg

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@jabba , once you have settled in with your VapCap M, you may want to try an entirely new vista.

—As someone said it’s like the difference between driving a stick, compared to an automatic.

Butane, and Fire is revered by the old, the ritualistic, I much prefer the Modern Magic of Magnetism with my M.

You may also.

A few of the many induction heaters available in the field. :spliff:

Then there is the whole array of different VapCaps, at that point you have entered the event horizon....

jabba

@jabba , once you have settled in with your VapCap M, you may want to try an entirely new vista.

—As someone said it’s like the difference between driving a stick, compared to an automatic.

Butane, and Fire is revered by the old, the ritualistic, I much prefer the Modern Magic of Magnetism with my M.

You may also.

Then there is the whole array of different VapCaps, at that point you have entered the event horizon....
Thanks Stark. Yes...I've seen the DV induction heaters. All of our uses and needs are a bit different. Stealth and thus minimal equipment are paramount to me. While very very interesting...the Apollo or similar really cannot fit my lifestyle at the moment.

Who makes the wooden units in your photo?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Each to his own, I suppose.

As for the wooden units, one has a faux wood top plate, the Alpine 2020. — haha.

The other is:

Fluxer heaters makes a slim, small corded version which I like

free online image upload

(To use on the go, I use a light LiPo battery)

GL on your new ventures in the Dynaverse.
( There are rumors of an impending new spin of the Omni in the making....

Last edited:

jabba

Each to his own, I suppose.

As for the wooden units, one has a faux wood top plate, the Alpine 2020. — haha.

The other is:

Fluxer heaters makes a slim, small corded version which I like

free online image upload

(To use on the go, I use a light LiPo battery)

GL on your new ventures in the Dynaverse.
( There are rumors of an impending new spin of the Omni in the making....
It should be no surprise....lol....to see the lengths to which many dive into the proverbial rabbit hole(s) I s'pose.....particularly when browsing an enthusiasts form such as this one. That said....haha....your rig setup looks like something that would be strapped to a paramedic when on an emergency call.

My live at home teenager would have many many questions about the vape bits which must certainly be strewn all around your dwelling. I must behave in a more refined fashion....stealthy.....like Batman and Flash combined. Is there a superhero capable of eliminating household odors? lol

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Is there a superhero capable of eliminating household odors? lol

Works incredibly well for vapers, and I have yet to wear mine out. They should call it the VapeBuddy.

There are portable IH's too. Like you, I have to hide everything also. I keep my PSM and shit in a spot that kids generally won't look. I put books around it :lol:

I kinda like @stark1 's set up. I bet it's even smaller than it looks in the pic.

One overheat with a torch and the stink goes through the house. Less of a chance with my IH, but it does happen. YMMV

Last edited:

StringTheorista

@stark, I think the wood top on the alpine IH is real wood, it’s just heavily polyurethaned. I sanded that shit off because the finish was crappily applied, and just waxed it.

TommyDee

Vaporitor

You may also.

I've finally quantified your last statement @stark1 .
I'm calling it Gain Ratio.
Turns out to be very consistent throughout the voltage range.
That makes it a stable metric.

What does that mean? Iit means that each cap is indeed unique. It means that indeed different year caps, and even variations in these, are significantly different. And you'd think there is a fairly close level of consistency for the IH's to keep working. But sure enough, no, there are huge swings in how any one cap behaves in any particular IH.

I finally, after more than a year, understand why my '18 cap is a favorite. I finally understand after a year that 2020 caps are 'weak' in an IH. I now know, after more than a year, know exactly which cap I want for the current session.

I am now collecting older caps to determine their coupling efficiency though assigning them a gain ratio. This is done by simply reading the current of the IH without and with the vapcap inserted. The ratio is with-cap/[divided by] without-cap. I get ratios as high as 5.8:1 on my '18 cap and as low as 3.5:1 on 2020 caps. That is a designer's nightmare!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
If you are saying that the current is higher with the cap inserted, you went over my head, TD Bear?

If this year’s caps have a bit more mass, thus taking a few nano/milli seconds more, respect the click.

It’s a honey of a click! :love:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
LOL something like that, yes. However, it isn't about mass. It is about how much iron is mixed in with the metal of the cap.

Where it makes a big difference is when you want to add 1 second or have the luxury of parking on the heater for 2 seconds without combusting. Sip & dip of my '18 cap is tough and most likely will combust to get dark ABV. With the 'lighter' caps, caps that exhibit a lower gain ratio, may never get dark until you start over. Huge variation.

TommyDee,
Reactions: mwnger

Ripstar

Wow! Cool dudes!
My bet is you never use your M and gift it to a friend.

Enjoy!
Ha! I ordered a bb9 and they sent me the M as an extra. I had yet to read the reasoning, I already was thinking about who to give it to. I then saw the "karma" insert, I knew I definitely had to give it to a friend. I gave it to my brother in law who puffs( I gave him a MV1, he likes vaping but the MV1 broke), he is now a massive fan, buying all the goods. The shit works! 😂

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
It means that indeed different year caps, and even variations in these, are significantly different.
I can't confirm this at all. I have six different caps made from 2018 till today, they all behave *exactly* the same. I can say that because I have one IH that lets me set the temp; all my caps click at the same temp with maybe half a second of margin during heat up. I can calibrate that IH in case one cap would behave differently, but from my knowledge that is only necessary with differently colored caps, esp. PhantoM caps.

Low temp and captive caps are a different story I suppose (I don't own any), but the standard caps, while having seen some changes during the years, seem very consistent in performance to me. I even have one cracked cap that still works; it won't downclick properly, but it upclicks just like my other ones.

Just saying. Maybe others could chime in with their experiences.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
My thought is if you wanted to compare one year to another, you would need to compare a large sample size of each group to average out the characteristics.
Yeah, it would need a couple more caps than what I or TD have in possession to actually be able to compare different years of manufacturing. However, I guess it makes sense to keep them withing a narrow range, at least when it comes to performance. The biggest difference I find are a) how loud they are and b) how far the warning click is from the official click, but those parameters vary within a production year for me. I never had a cap that felt „hotter“ than another, though.

Siebter,
Reactions: mwnger
Top Bottom