Mono Loco

Drop copper AAA Lumintop, as well.

Wish DV would market some classy knurled stems in their lineup.
I'm a big fan of the Lumintop AAA - have a few (black and Purple!). I'm too frugal to spring for the Copper. I love knurling, too. Stardust Sailor used to offer that in his awesome stems (among other unique textures). I've never seen a copper stem ... might get too hot, I suppose!

thunderstealer1337

Just got a oz of some good looking super sticky big nugs great A+ bag appeal, but it smells and taste like hay. (I wasn't allows to open bags) I'd rather vape some outdoor stuff that isn't sticky at all but smells/taste like herb instead of hay.

When I combusted I just smoked blunts when the sack tasted like hay, what do fc do?

thunderstealer1337,

Vapor Mainline

Vapor (Ent)husiast
Just got a oz of some good looking super sticky big nugs great A+ bag appeal, but it smells and taste like hay. (I wasn't allows to open bags) I'd rather vape some outdoor stuff that isn't sticky at all but smells/taste like herb instead of hay.

When I combusted I just smoked blunts when the sack tasted like hay, what do fc do?
I toss the less terpy stuff I get into my mighty at 410. At that high a temp, and sometimes through a dry glass rig, I find that I’m focusing less on the flavor of the vapor and more on not coughing my lungs out :lol: only vaping cool tinymight vapor for a while spoils me:lol:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I'm a big fan of the Lumintop AAA - have a few (black and Purple!). I'm too frugal to spring for the Copper. I love knurling, too. Stardust Sailor used to offer that in his awesome stems (among other unique textures). I've never seen a copper stem ... might get too hot, I suppose!

Here‘s one

l

An early cross-hatched “Lab Rat” (read ‘experiment’ ) by SDS (top stem), a pre-cursor to his later knurled stems

Last edited:

LabPong

Added info: USING SS CONCENTRATE PADS IN THE VAPCAP

Once seated against the CCD I was able to flatten the top back to its usual shape. Now it sits in there with enough gap to just clear the cut outs in the tip. I guess I could have taken the CCD out, but didn't.

I tried putting the CCD in there with the pad yesterday to see the difference........mistake. I got less vapor and there was a slight bit more restriction. Taste was muted from using it and though that was a negative, it did help keep the oil from getting into the stem much better.

I took it back out as it effected the experience too much for me. I enjoy just the pad stuffed in the tip and then holding it level and spinning it as I draw. I'm still totally sold on this especially with using IH's.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Added info: USING SS CONCENTRATE PADS IN THE VAPCAP

I tried putting the CCD in there with the pad yesterday to see the difference........mistake. I got less vapor and there was a slight bit more restriction. Taste was muted from using it and though that was a negative, it did help keep the oil from getting into the stem much better.

I took it back out as it effected the experience too much for me. I enjoy just the pad stuffed in the tip and then holding it level and spinning it as I draw. I'm still totally sold on this especially with using IH's.

I've seen some interesting patterns of the flower on the backside of the CCD. Your observations are interesting as added information.

This might help keep your stem and tip a bit cleaner...

20200529_224614.jpg20200528_202048.jpg

With SS tips, the air port continues to work as intended. This Ti tip acts a little like a fixed Omni (different bore between tips=different differential pressures).

Stardust Sailor made the coolest Ti stems! ...
Indeed! I'll always regret not getting one while we had the chance! One of the problems was, for me, that he had TOO many options ...LOL

You collect them by the dozen :whip: Those are works of art.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Indeed! I'll always regret not getting one while we had the chance! One of the problems was, for me, that he had TOO many options ...LOL

Once he became a newborn dad, his options became dedicated to keep
His family safe. Plus one.

SDS will always be one of our local, forum treasures. Keep on shining, @stardustsailor ! :wave:

Last edited:

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Looks like way too much applied......for the dynacoil. How much seeped into the body section below the tip?

I form my own metal pads now and find they can hold a larger load much longer. But I bet if you used 1/3 of what you did....you would get almost the same with much less waste possibly.

DynaPad.jpg

The one inside the tip is slightly deeper than the 2 you see sitting there in the middle stages of shaping them for the tip.

Ha, yeah I probably do use "too much", gotta waste it to taste it. As far as seepage, there was none, I'm sure if I loaded the coil a few more times that might become an issue. The unit was freshly cleaned right before use, and the coil was removed and soaked in ISO immediately after that session. I appreciate the tips for conservation but that's not my style at all, stuff is too cheap for me to bother with saving every last bit, but I do remember those days and feel the infinite pain that comes from that situation haha

As for those metal pads.. how hard is it to remove those things after they been used? That would be my biggest concern as my dynavap is more for herb than oil.

aesthyrian,
Reactions: LabPong

GoldenBud

haha i wonder why would somebody want the M2018 ... the metal pattern really not comfortable in hands for spinning ... maybe somebody with an IH :)

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I wanted to share my favorite stem these days from Dynacrafts:

I know @Rabid Kiwi ran into issues and won’t be producing any new ones for awhile, but he still has several available for $30 and $50 - well worth the price if someone is looking to class up their collection on a budget.

That is a stunning stem @Jill NYC. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come. :tup:

My little Dynacraft stem is also my fav too. It is my current DD for flower herb with a 19M tip. The air path has very little resistance and the whole set up is so light. It makes for a great experience.

You also prob notice, since the stems are so light, the vapcap sits solid on the IH magnet. You could almost hold the IH sideways and the stem wouldn't fall off.

I still have another SS tip set up with the pad on a glass charlie stem. It works so well. I did try shoving another pad in an older 7 fin Ti tip without any screen and, would you believe, I don't notice that much difference. So I went back to the first SS set up I had. I only load about a half grain of rice size at any given time and haven't noticed any leaking, dripping into the stem or cap. I think it all stays in the pad. Now maybe if I was dosing it harder it might drip, but I load and use the stem the same way I do with a flower load. I also use IH's exclusively. No torches for me no more.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I wanted to share my favorite stem these days from Dynacrafts:

I know @Rabid Kiwi ran into issues and won’t be producing any new ones for awhile, but he still has several available for $30 and $50 - well worth the price if someone is looking to class up their collection on a budget.

Nice. This is my Dynacraft stem. I love it!
Nice slick finish!

IMG-0275.jpg

doug@futo

Owner @ Futo
Accessory Maker
So DV is selling 2017 and 18 M's for the same price as a new M? Like it's a chance to buy limited museum pieces? Get over yourself.
There's really no reason to make them cheaper, it's a different design with limited supply - I'm sure there's some demand for the original ones. We have some 2018's on our site. I had one of the glass ones George sent for test fitting when we started making stashes, didn't even have a lasered cap was a real early one, it's probably worth more right

I have found using the BB9 glass body ...
Anybody interested in a bb9 stash? would be tall like 6"

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I'm a big fan of the Lumintop AAA - have a few (black and Purple!). I'm too frugal to spring for the Copper. I love knurling, too. Stardust Sailor used to offer that in his awesome stems (among other unique textures). I've never seen a copper stem ... might get too hot, I suppose!g

FYI

Specific Heat, in (J/Kg-°C)

Al ~~921
Ti ~~544
SS ~~502

Cu ~~376
Ag ~~238
Au ~~125

—-many Flashaholics prefer Cu bodies to Al, precisely because Cu is less likely
To produce a hot rod in their hands.

Gold stems would be a boon-2-kool? YMMV. :cheers:

(It is possible I may be blowing air out my ass)

Last edited:

Jethro

I looked at the Dynavap store, and I'm sorry to ask here if this is just me being dumb, can I get an Omni XL with a steel tip or just a ti tip?

Jethro,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@NexVision is right in that there is a special feature in the Ti tips not machined in the SS tips. This is what makes the Omni work properly.

However! I have learned that DV is not opposed to custom stuff. For the right money, they'll make it! I just learned of a custom plain silver DV branded stem. So a SS Omni tip is possible...

Top Bottom