Mono Loco

Thank you, @StringTheorista . I enjoyed you are well written reply and it confirmed much of what I was sensing. From my very limited experience on Reddit thus far, I have come across some individuals that, frankly, I would not care to sit with to share a bowl ... chips on shoulders, arrogance, ... a "younger" (less respectful?) crowd. Note: I am not necessarily referring to the DynaVap group on Reddit, but rather Reddit as a whole - there are SO many "channels" to watch over there ... for a noob like myself! It has certainly reinforced my appreciation for the FC community. That being said, I have also seen some gracious, generous, genuinely nice members there .... and thought to myself, "huh, now THIS guy would be a good fit on FC!"

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@stark1 can you insert those inter cooled condensers into any stem, and still add a cap? “

The Omni condenser length is user adjustable, so the fit is not problematic.

With the non-adjustable condensers, using a fat mouthpiece (to cover the extra protruding bit) tho
ugly, works; cutting off the extra 4mm would also work, if you have a few spare condensers.

Filing should be fine, but that is a bit of filing. A cutting wheel, perhaps.

junny89

Y’know, it was the Lotus that made me get my first dynavap. I loved the *idea* of the lotus but I never got the hang of a consistent good hit. I still knew I wanted a battery free vape, and the vapcap addressed my issue as a noob with other butane vapes (vapman is the one I knew about, but also true for SB): it told you when it was ready to hit. After that, no looking back. I’ve added other vapes to my collection, but it’s vapcaps 80% of the time for me.

FBB1-B938-2084-4-D83-B0-F9-D30-CDFF839-E2.jpg

Also this is my new favorite water piece.

PS: @stark1 can you insert those inter cooled condensers into any stem, and still add a cap? The tab at the top prevents that in all my stems...

I have been thinking of getting that water piece, would you recommend it? It does look great!

I finally cleaned my bb9. It’s all nice and sparkly now, however the beads inside, all of them will refuse to move now. It’s like they are set in place. I’ve tried to dislodge but so many air deflectors inside I can’t get a good poke.
Anybody else found a way to release them ?

Last edited:
junny89,

junny89

Let's see if this is another all purpose use of Hydrogen Peroxide! If it was me @junny89 - I'd try it. Can't hurt. Doesn't attack glass that I am aware of.

An ultrasonic cleaner. Simple Green. Some Brawny paper towels to protect the glass. :whip:

(Gentle setting)

Or, how about an overnight soak in some 190 proof grain alcohol. :rip:

@junny89, yes I would recommend the UFO piece. My favorite water piece used to be the globe from Snekay Pete, I like this more.

This? I like your conical Grav bubbly.

7344-DBA0-3-F7-D-496-C-9-AD8-9-D57051-C3842.jpg

Of course we mustn’t forget this iconic bubbly (in the annals of Magic Flight) :clap: YMMV

I only have some iso, which I used to get it all clear but the brass still not moving! Will leave over night and see if it does anything.

I have the orbiter already but I’ve just realised I can get a 10mm attachment and use it on there like above!! Multi purpose! Ahh I have the bb9 with a 14mm joint so I don’t need the 10mm. have to give this a go!
I think the globe and orbiter are quite similar in nature although I know sneaky Pete are a bit larger.

Yes @stark1 thats I have been after and it looks really small but efficient. since you have a orbiter also, is there any point in me getting the sneaky Pete?

Mono Loco

I finally cleaned my bb9. It’s all nice and sparkly now, however the beads inside, all of them will refuse to move now. It’s like they are set in place. I’ve tried to dislodge but so many air deflectors inside I can’t get a good poke.
Anybody else found a way to release them ?

Do you have an air compressor and a blower nozzle? I use mine to blast my vacuum cleaner's filter clear (making sure I'm UP-wind!) and for drying the innards of all sorts of small enclosed things. If you go this route, make sure to lower the output PSI accordingly ... don't want the BB9 to explode!

Mono Loco,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Hey, all.
I recently discovered Reddit ... likely from a link on here somewhere (?). The members over on the Reddit DynaVap group seem a little different than the group here ... more newbies than veterans, for one thing. Do most FC members also frequent the Reddit DynaVap group? If so, doe the UserNames generally stay the same? In my case, Mono Loco was already in use by another, so I am "Monito_Loquito" over there.

Is there any sort of rivalry, or tension between the two groups, or is all "simpatico"?
I don't disagree with anything @StringTheorista said about George, Dynavap, or the community in this thread and it's fostering by George AND the users in this thread.

But I DO have a different take. I see reddit as something of a cesspool, and while I will go over there to get information on occasion I never post there and I have had little interest in joining the "community" there. There is a lot of hostility and aggressive behavior there that is strictly not allowed here. Some people have complained about the efforts that our mods make to keep this community friendly and appropriate, and some have even left because of that, yelling "freedom" and complaining that their rights are being disrespected. Does that sound like anyone out in the world today?

To me, the main reason this group, not just this thread but ALL the threads, is as comfortable a place as it is is almost entirely due to the Mods here and the relatively strict rules by which this group operates. It's number 1 rule is BE NICE, and that is reflected in the manner we all deal with one another here. Yes, some are nicer than others just like in the real world, but if a user diminishes others or attacks them or treats them badly there are consequences, and if the behavior continues and the user can't be nice the bouncers will remove them. That in not how it works over in reddit, at least it certainly doesn't seem to be from the outside.

I have used personal computers since they began and I have spent a lot of time on bulletin boards and now on newsgroups on every subject, but FC is the one place that I really feel comfortable and want to contribute because and due to how friendly a place it is. I don't feel that at all on reddit.

Now, it IS more than the mods, it is the users as well, but I really feel like it is the mods and their idea of community more than anything else, and I thank them for that. This has been my second home for quite a while now.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
PBW is made to be an environmentally safe cleaner for brewing equipment but is great for cleaning bong glass as well. I have never tried it on metal vapcaps, but I bet a good soak in it, especially with hot water, would work. I wouldn't try it on an anodized grinder, though. That might not go well.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Using hot alcohol makes quick work of anything. It might be stupid but I microwave it in a glass until it boils then use it for cleaning. It makes the microwave reek like alcohol until you air it out though.

Just be careful of the alcohol vapor, as I’m sure you know it’s highly flammable. Don’t smoke or light a match near your microwave, or you new avatar will be ISOFLASHBANG.

This is one of the main reasons it’s not advisable to fill up an open ultrasonic cleaner with ISO.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Had an cap recently that stubbornly refused to click. It was very annoying and I was thinking that it might have to retired. In a last effort to resurrect it I tossed it with some force on to the kitchen table. To my great joy, it started clicking again

Sometimes the clicking disks in a cap may go off center on the crimp, or a little goodness may make its way inside and interfere with clicking disks and a good bang on to the table may revive such an uncooperative cap. It is always worth a try.

Markus

Is there a best way to mod your tip to make the bowl half size? I have a 2018 M, but I'm sure I don't need to buy another tip.

Markus,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@Markus - the bowl has an oversized bore followed by an 8mm bore at the bottom. You would require an over-sized CCD or use a conventional screen up to the transition in size. Maybe 2/3rd of a bowl by them but it will breath like never before.

This is what VapCap did with the '20-M tip. They brought the 8mm bore closer to the rim of the tip. Unfortunately my tip has a slight taper and the CCD won't stay put anywhere except loosely in the bottom. And this is a SS CCD.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Using hot alcohol makes quick work of anything. It might be stupid but I microwave it in a glass until it boils then use it for cleaning. It makes the microwave reek like alcohol until you air it out though.

I concur with @RustyOldNail. I would advise against doing this. When alcohol vapor is contained in a small area, all you need is a spark and you have a tragedy. A small area could be a microwave or it could be a kitchen.

I find that whatever doesn't dissolve with an iso or everclear soak can usually be rinsed away by holding the piece under hot running tap water.

Top Bottom