BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I'm sending a vapcap and a Caldron to someone who has vaped, but has never used a vapcap or anything close to it (like a torch vape). Unfortunately, I won't be there to walk him through the process so he will need to watch some instructional videos. A lot of videos show you how to heat with a torch, but he will only use the IH.

What videos would be the best to walk an older person through how to understand and use a vapcap, and how to use it with an IH. I have found a few that will work, but the video needs to really take the time to go step by step on the heat up and cool down clicks. I am hopeful the @Pipes IH will make the process easier to understand and use.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
OPINIONS?

I use a Brilliant Cut Grinder. I have continually tried to compare my FINE & MEDIUM grinds, different strains, moisture levels consistent. On both my 2020m, and a Titanium head on a Simrell stem, full bowls not packed too tight, native and through water.

I have yet to be able to tell any real differences, including airflow, between both grind types. Am I missing something? Thanks.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@BabyFacedFinster - if your recipient is a tech kinda person, George's little Dynatech infomercial was pretty good. I don't know that I've run across anything else that comes close to a usage video though. Don't park on the click is the only real advice I need from time to time to avoid flame-out. Secondly, if you suspect flame-out, blow out! Otherwise, you get vape or you don't. How deeply does recipient need to cook the load? Trying to coax out every whisp is where hand-holding may be required.

@RustyOldNail - weird thing as bulk herb gets hot; it expands. This is the notice goodies are about to be released. Getting all the goodies up to temp at the same time is the challenge. You are dialing your grind to best release the goodies all at once. Mine, for instance, is a super fine grind. I have to stir to get an even bake. These things are subtle. You may find greater variation between different samples.

I don't know where the video is that I was looking for. Anyone else know how to track DynaVap vids with George's fairly recent release where he opened up the Apollo 2?

Damn, found it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=289&v=hubNTLR4ivE

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I have been thinking of getting that water piece, would you recommend it? It does look great!

I finally cleaned my bb9. It’s all nice and sparkly now, however the beads inside, all of them will refuse to move now. It’s like they are set in place. I’ve tried to dislodge but so many air deflectors inside I can’t get a good poke.
Anybody else found a way to release them ?

H2O + HEAT. Have you tried soakin in 212F water. Heat/water expands most organic matter.
Plus a Little bit O’ time.

(Alcohol is a solvent, as well)

junny89

Looking forward to seeing what @junny89 does about his stuck balls...

:rofl:Well I found a air compressor was going to give that a try until I read the message below......

H2O + HEAT. Have you tried soakin in 212F water. Heat/water expands most organic matter.
Plus a Little bit O’ time.

(Alcohol is a solvent, as well)

going to give this method a try first!
If this doesn’t work I’ll try the air compressor. eother way I’ll be back to report.

I have tried various cleaning solutions from the best to the worst. Whilst my bb9 comes out nice and shiny, sadly them balls still stuck! Even tried dr green!

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
:rofl:Well I found a air compressor was going to give that a try until I read the message below......

going to give this method a try first!
If this doesn’t work I’ll try the air compressor. eother way I’ll be back to report.

I have tried various cleaning solutions from the best to the worst. Whilst my bb9 comes out nice and shiny, sadly them balls still stuck! Even tried dr green!

Borrow or get a cheap ultrasonic jewelry cleaner. :nod:

Drop it in there for about 10-15 minutes. :tup:

Even those stubborn beads SHOULD come out like brand new. :rockon:

Good luck with those...

*ahem*

Blue Balls! :rofl:

Happy Vaping! :leaf: :wave:

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
OPINIONS?

I use a Brilliant Cut Grinder. I have continually tried to compare my FINE & MEDIUM grinds, different strains, moisture levels consistent. On both my 2020m, and a Titanium head on a Simrell stem, full bowls not packed too tight, native and through water.

I have yet to be able to tell any real differences, including airflow, between both grind types. Am I missing something? Thanks.

No opinions on this, shocking. I read TommyDee’s response, thank you, next...

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: TommyDee

Cervical CBD

Finally bought a cheap lighter for my Cvap and got a couple decent hits that got me good. It’s not the easiest thing to draw out of. I can hear it but it I have to draw pretty hard. I tried without covering the hole and feathering...any advice?

Cervical CBD,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Finally bought a cheap lighter for my Cvap and got a couple decent hits that got me good. It’s not the easiest thing to draw out of. I can hear it but it I have to draw pretty hard. I tried without covering the hole and feathering...any advice?
As @Siebter mentioned - make sure the herb is loosely packed. But no matter what, there is a decent amount of air restriction with the VC. Some people do better with mouth-pulls vs straight to lungs pulls.
Here is a great link to explain by the legendary VC sage @Squiby what @natural farmer explained before:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/#post-1115562

someTooL

@junny89 Yep, I’ve had my blue balls stuck too. That’s fun to say. But seriously, mine are wedged (two together) at the carb. I’ve tried needles, washing, soaking...nothing moves them now. Really doesn’t bother me as I had taped off the carb anyway. Stuck Blue Balls, probably never type that again.

DogBoy

know fear
...you sould sen
I'm sending a vapcap and a Caldron to someone who has vaped, but has never used a vapcap or anything close to it (like a torch vape). Unfortunately, I won't be there to walk him through the process so he will need to watch some instructional videos. A lot of videos show you how to heat with a torch, but he will only use the IH.

What videos would be the best to walk an older person through how to understand and use a vapcap, and how to use it with an IH. I have found a few that will work, but the video needs to really take the time to go step by step on the heat up and cool down clicks. I am hopeful the @Pipes IH will make the process easier to understand and use.

...you should send him a Vapman while you still can...!!!...IMHO...

DogBoy,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
These are moved by request. Feel free to request @lookhigh :tup:
Actually, I believe they are waiting for George or someone at DV to start the new thread. I am sure it will happen soon enough.
If not, and @Squiby is no longer contributing around these parts, I nominate @stark1 to do the honors... he has been a long running ambassador who keeps the spirit of VC running strong!!

Top Bottom