• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Put an ever-so-slight Bend near the end of the Digger outer, inward.
1572903623016251944911.jpg

Now you can click the cap into position with the Digger outer locking it in at each of the fins.

Have you used this technique successfully with an IH as your heat source...I would think the cap would not stay in place?

TIA?

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
Have you used this technique successfully with an IH as your heat source...I would think the cap would not stay in place?

TIA?

Yep! :tup:

Works fine without impeding the performance by rubbing the inside of the IH, or anything.

The BEND of the"Digger Outer"
is angled INWARD and
is EVER so SLIGHT.

It Doesn't take much to make it "click" between the fins. :tup:

Happy Vaping! :leaf: :cheers:

VirginVape10X

I want to apologize in advance if I’m posting in the wrong thread; long-time lurker, first time poster (feel free to move to appropriate thread if needed).

Well, I just received the Dynavap 2020M (my first Vapcap) and have had a hard time dialing it in with the torch. So, I’ve been looking into a portable IH and came across the PORTSIDE mini, which I believe is built by @Pipes . How do I go about adding myself to the waitlist for this handy device that may be the answer to my problems? Is there a website to order from? Thanks!

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
I want to apologize in advance if I’m posting in the wrong thread; long-time lurker, first time poster (feel free to move to appropriate thread if needed).

Well, I just received the Dynavap 2020M (my first Vapcap) and have had a hard time dialing it in with the torch. So, I’ve been looking into a portable IH and came across the PORTSIDE mini, which I believe is built by @Pipes . How do I go about adding myself to the waitlist for this handy device that may be the answer to my problems? Is there a website to order from? Thanks!

Send him a PM.

thejackalsmark

Everything ya need to know about ordering The Caldron, Portside Mini, Or various kits/parts!
:tup:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_202eBzWeF7rkTjqV5sWumPxtbSNtfjqOZEs1i9d16k/mobilebasic

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Yep! :tup:

Works fine without impeding the performance by rubbing the inside of the IH, or anything.

The BEND of the"Digger Outer"
is angled INWARD and
is EVER so SLIGHT.

It Doesn't take much to make it "click" between the fins. :tup:

Happy Vaping! :leaf: :cheers:

Thanks! But just to clarify, pushing the cap, as adjusted with the digger, downward into the coil hole DOES NOT push the cap back on to the end of the tip?

thejackalsmark

Thanks! But just to clarify, pushing the cap, as adjusted with the digger, downward into the coil hole DOES NOT push the cap back on to the end of the tip

Jesus. Good catch. I'M A DUMBASS.
Didn't realize WHAT you were asking. lol

YES. If you are using a pressure switch activated IH, it WILL move the cap and thus change your adjustments. :tup:

This STILL works fine if your induction heater is turned on and off by a SEPARATE switch or if you're using a torch.

In the case of the induction heater just make sure that you aren't pushing against its bottom out point, obviously. lol

But yeah, THIS digger outer trick WON'T work with an IH like The Caldron, Dynatec's Apollo 2, etc.

Sorry about my confusion on your question. :bowdown:

Been a LOOOOONG...
month of March... :rofl:

Happy Vaping! :mmmm: :bigleaf:

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Jesus. Good catch. I'M A DUMBASS.
Didn't realize WHAT you were asking. lol

YES. If you are using a pressure switch activated IH, it WILL move the cap and thus change your adjustments. :tup:

This STILL works fine if your induction heater is turned on and off by a SEPARATE switch or if you're using a torch.

In the case of the induction heater just make sure that you aren't pushing against its bottom out point, obviously. lol

But yeah, THIS digger outer trick WON'T work with an IH like The Caldron, Dynatec's Apollo 2, etc.

Sorry about my confusion on your question. :bowdown:

Been a LOOOOONG...
month of March... :rofl:

Happy Vaping! :mmmm: :bigleaf:

It'll work with a Flix though! Soon to be released as a second act.

@Fat Freddy - Turns out I'm glad I didn't file my '18 tip. The bowl holds more of a load. The '19 tip seems to like to dump that last 1/16" of the load. If you get in a pinch, hobby stores sell small sheets of stainless steel. A salvaged watch spring would make fast work of making a spacer.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
It only stopped the rattle. But the '18 is my best clicker even with the piece of wire. The mass in insignificant to the heat profile. And the clicker is pulled away from the load a tiny bit which helps from charring the surface of the load. Never seen an S engraved in my load either.

@lookhigh - yes, that is what the S-shape flat-wire is about. Just spacing the cap while holding itself in place.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
You could swap the tips and caps and see how they draw.
You could remove the tips from the stems and see how the draw compares with no stem at all.

I believe @Dynalowrider is suggesting you make the cap a tight fit by bending the digger outter more towards the stem.

I should have thought of that myself. Duh.

Anyway, I messed around with swapping parts between them and the end result is the high resistance is coming from the c-vap tip. It is clearly not the caps or the ID of the stems. The only difference between the two tips is the c-vap's distal end has slightly shallower cut outs. So I took my dremel to it and got them about the same, unfortunately butchering the finish a bit in the process.

Amazingly that was a fail, no improvement. It is the only thing that I see as a difference between the two tips. They are both '19M SS tips, but the c-vap one has high resistance. And I do believe it is because it sits against the bottom of the cap. But if the caps are the same, and the tips look the same, how can one still have shittier resistance than the other? Maybe I'm missing something again.

The digger-outer trick is a problem since it will be heated by an IH.

The '19 tip seems to like to dump that last 1/16" of the load. If you get in a pinch, hobby stores sell small sheets of stainless steel. A salvaged watch spring would make fast work of making a spacer.

I might try the SSS (stainless steel strip) trick in one of the caps with that tip and see what happens. I was going to ask what else might be made of SS that can be made into a wire. I think I have a few old watches lying around that won't be used again.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
My C-Vap and the '19-M are that the divits along the rim are not very deep on the C-Vap, but also that the grooves are notably shallower.

Remember to take a magnet to watch spring. Stainless steel derivatives are only slightly magnetic. If you have an Elgin watch, it could have an Elgiloy spring in it.

Can you tell which is which?

49839232711_6a83171d05_z.jpg

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
My C-Vap and the '19-M are that the divits along the rim are not very deep on the C-Vap, but also that the grooves are notably shallower.

Remember to take a magnet to watch spring. Stainless steel derivatives are only slightly magnetic. If you have an Elgin watch, it could have an Elgiloy spring in it.

Can you tell which is which?

49839232711_6a83171d05_z.jpg

Believe the Care package parts are seconds, LEGO to make a functional VapCap.

If the cuts are not deep enough, well, you have a second. The making of a Ccap. :luv: :spliff:

CanadianBakin

notams

toke down Babylon
@StringTheorista Thank you for posting that pic of the four little round axially (easy to find) magnets working to hold the cap perfectly. Good to see I can do that.

I bought some rectangular thin magnets that are axially magnetized and put them side by side under the metal lip of a mason jar lid ring thing. It makes a nice wide "diving board" for your cap to rest on on the AVB jar. Side by side the axial magnets center the cap.

@phattpiggie Awesome tip! 10x5 axial have better pull and center the cap? That is great news. Thank you for sharing. They have a smaller "footprint" and fit the cap perfect. I'm ordering some now and measuring my drill bits to find a10mm. Thanks

notams,
Reactions: TommyDee

Planck

believes in Dog
As long as the magnet is <= the dia of the cap how it's magnetized doesn't affect cap centering. I using 3/8 x 1/10 for stands and a 1/4d x 3/4 cap remover in the debowler. The cap comes off no ifs, ands or buts.:love: :brow:

From this set, https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/sho...ts/magnets/disc/59362-50-piece-magnet-sampler I recieved as an xmas gift from the misses. It's been useful for many things. :nod: Did I mention my wife is pretty cool. :love:

G'day dear vapers.
I ve just received my 2020 M and i must say i like it, but coming from a desktop vaporizer (flowerpot showerhead) i m not that impressed.
I wanted to ask you guys what the difference in performance is between M 2019 and M 2020...cause the 2019 was out of stock in my country (apart from Rosium, but it was 15 bucks more than the M 2020 lol)
So now...i can decide to either give back the 2020 M for a 2019 or stick with this one..and maybe buy a 2019 when the price drops a bit.
With so many different opinions..one saying 2020 is better and the other that 2019 is incomparably better, i m really confused on what to do :D keep it..or give it away for a 2019
it s a hard decision since i didn t test the 2019, only the 2018 :(

p.s anyone got a karma vap or c vap i can pass on to my brother? i ll pay for shipping ofc.
thanks in adv
i live in EU and it was harder to buy directly from dynavap.com + 35 bucks shipping is insane.

Last edited:
Top Bottom