cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Pondering trying the Cvap again but I only have a bic or clipper lighter...
Do you have a gas stove? That would heat like a torch.

A candle might be easier than a Bic as you don't have to hold down the button and it won't be so hard on your finger. Or an oil lamp. All similar as they give a "soft" flame.
Strange. Does this one work for you?
That one posted...

Cervical CBD

Do you have a gas stove? That would heat like a torch.

A candle might be easier than a Bic as you don't have to hold down the button and it won't be so hard on your finger. Or an oil lamp. All similar as they give a "soft" flame.

That one posted...

I have an electric stove and no candle or oil lamp. I may just pick up a torch just to see if I can get this thing to work.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I've used a lit stick out of a campfire when my torch ran out while camping. IDK what was more of a pain in the ass and sooty, using the stick or a plain bic lighter until your thumb burned on the igniter wheel. But at least it worked.

Now I only use my vapcap with an induction heater. For camping, I prefer my Fury 2 and an anker power pack.

Are there any differences in performance between the titanium tip and the 2020M tip? Also between the shorter and longer VC?

WhyAmIBlitzed,

Mono Loco

In case anyone is looking, there’s a few IH left at Etsy, JojosCreationShop. 1 battery and 3 plug in. Delivery first week of May.

In the video of his AC unit, you can see smoke/vapor leaking out before the click. Personally, I do like the fact that it doesn't use the popular "Bottom of the Heat Chamber Tactile Switch" .

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
Are there any differences in performance between the titanium tip and the 2020M tip? Also between the shorter and longer VC?

The general consensus, so far, seems to be the 20 M stainless steel tip and captive cap is a sort of "Middle Ground" between TRADITIONAL stainless steel tip and titanium tip.

Many have noted so far and I've noticed this as well on mine, it's much more difficult to combust with the 20m tip & its captive cap than previous stainless steel tips.

Presumably because of its increased airflow and ultimately it's lower heat clicking temp.

It's been described as (likely) George's attempt at transitioning over to low temp Caps as a standard (so it's harder for people to accidentally combust and lots of flavor hits) without ACTUALLY making all the caps low temp caps.

Who knows, except George, but from where I'm sitting, the reasoning sounds legit.

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

Last edited:

doubledown

In the video of his AC unit, you can see smoke/vapor leaking out before the click. Personally, I do like the fact that it doesn't use the popular "Bottom of the Heat Chamber Tactile Switch" .

Since I’m IHless, I’m giving this one a shot. Ordered the battery powered version. I’m not very technical when it comes to electronics, but I’m happy to report back my findings on how it works for me as soon as I receive it.

Edit: I’m also on the list for a Portside Mini and have a preorder for the Alpine 2020. Thought a little compare and contrast might be fun. I’ll be keeping my two favorites. The other will go to a friend or the classifieds.

junny89

Yeh, sure ... at first ... until VAS comes along: Ti-tip, DynaStash, Desktop I.H., Portable I.H., Custom Stems, next year's model, etc., etc. Don't EVER add it all up ...

oh I just started small. 20M and bb9 tube. That’s it. Once it arrived it blew me away and of course as you expect the VAS kicked in! Straight after that I got the maintenance kit and dyna stash. Now just pre ordered the Alpine 2020 and looking at new stems and titanium tip. So I can have the bb9 set up always with a different tip so I always get a good comparison.
The VAS never ends...get ready.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Below is a copy of a Fluxer posting of heating times as a function of coil size:

Flux Deluxe Coil Sizes Explained and Compared
rs=h:650,cg:true

Coil Size Determines Heating Speed and Aggression
The coil size of each Flux Deluxe heater determines its heating speed and aggression. Which size is best for you is very much a matter of personal choice.

At the moment I am offering six different coil sizes. This number is subject to change!

Some things to consider when selecting your coil size:

• smaller sizes heat the vapcap more quickly than bigger sizes
  • quicker heating cycles = full extraction in fewer heating cycles, generally at a cost of some flavor
  • longer heating cycles = better flavor, but more heating cycles are required for full extraction
  • small coil sizes have a smaller margin for error!
  • remember that induction heating heats the metal in the cap and tip directly; the load is heated indirectly and is along for the ride. For this reason, consider tip material when choosing tip size - SS tips take a bit longer to transfer heat to contents than titanium tips
  • some users have found the 15mm size to heat more aggressively than they anticipated; like spicy foods, make sure this is something you want to experience before you order it
  • any size can be changed for any other size at a later time, for a small fee + postage
  • titanium tips respond more quickly to induction heating than stainless steel tips
  • if you have a stainless steel-tipped Dynavap, consider using a larger coil, as the longer heating time helps to heat the load more thoroughly
  • the 13mm size is shown for completeness, but it's more of a drag racer than a street vehicle, if you will, and I don't recommend it as I think most people will get more better results from larger sizes. That said, I'll build you one if this is your kind of crazy.

Current Coil Sizes:

• 13mm; top, above photo
  • 14mm; middle row, left
  • 15mm; middle row, right
  • 16mm; bottom row, left
  • 16mm Thick Walled insert, bottom row, middle
  • 17mm, bottom row, right

(Pipes may have been aiming to make his Mini as compact as possible, thus the small coil/fast heating)

Last edited:

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I wouldn't call the latest wood stems by @Ed's TnT huge in diameter. They are a little girthier than the old Woody's, but not by a whole bunch. So a bit thicker, not quite as sleek as the OG being tip thick, but not huge by any means.

20200423-100223.jpg

Totally agree SloJim ... I'm a big fan of @Ed's TnT midsections ... wish he made more for Dynavap ... as per his website the 12mm OD is "for that added wall thickness to make the more durable and less susceptible to heat transfer from the tip. "

I bought a 45mm Blackwood midsection a year ago to jazz up my Omni and it's still going strong even as my daily driver ... Thanks Ed ...

20200426-120225.jpg

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Hey man, can you kindly tell me if your newer stem is XL or not? I think that i'll buy the standart one (62mm) but i can't find info about their weight, is it lighter than the M stem?

Yes, my Omni is an XL, so the stem is the 62mm. Can't weigh an M, gifted all of mine away. Can't be a deal breaker in the difference, can it?

That blackwood is sweet @NYC_Frank

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Had an early wood-Dee version (without end-caps), it eventually cracked with repeated cycles
In H2O, and heat. SOoo-oo, DV/Ed’s wood stems came clad with metal end caps (after
Horrified owners nit-picked about their precious stems). Eventually, DV moved on to SS, & Ti.

A short history of DV. After the 1st glass OG—Then there was light. After that, mag flux heaters!

No butane.

Last edited:

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
Hi folks...forgive me if this has been covered.

My oil mod rig recently ran into some issues and I am back to the dynacoil for concentrates. I have never been able to get this thing to work properly, to be honest.

I will be using it in an omnivap through water (via mighty wpa, perfect fit); pipes portside mini as heat source.

Can anybody offer some tips in terms of how to get the most out of using the dynocoil with this setup, sugar, diamonds in sauce etc.?

sk8man121,
Top Bottom