Lonesome Planet
Thank you guys for measuremets. I've also found this on reddit:
  • Regular "M" = 20 grams
  • Omnivap Titanium XL = 15 grams
  • Omnivap Titanium = 15 grams
  • Nonavong-XLS = 10 grams
  • Carbon fiber XL-S (Bocote mouthpiece) = 9.31 grams
  • Nonavong-S = 5 grams
As light as 5 grams, wow.. I think to buy a 45mm ed's wooden stem and a spinning mouthpiece. I've found 3 variety of 45mm stems, Blackwood, Canarywood and Gonçalo Alves but i cant understand which one is most similar to my Wallnut Dynastash, there's no indication on the picture.
dynavap-midsection-corps-bois-dynavap-ed-s-tnt.jpg

This one is surely a Blackwood:
This one must be Canarywood or Gonçalo Alves:

@b0vver a vintage DV wood stem also measures in about 5gm. With a slightly more accurate
Scale (not a Park bicycle scale) my M20 comes in @ 18.5gm, if it means anything.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I should re-calibrate my scale huh :doh: Of course there will be variance in scales but the bottom line is that the '20-M is about 19 grams on a relative basis.

TommyDee,
Reactions: Summer

TommyDee

Vaporitor
One of the great aspects of Ti - it is very light compared to stainless. The fact that both are structurally very strong even when the wall thickness is thin helps a lot.
@stark1 - could I bother you to know the weight difference you see between a Ti tip and a SS tip? Any year, just curious of the magnitude. IIRC, it is almost 2:1. Just tip, no cap.

TommyDee,

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
It is a superb torch, unmatched in its class imo.
At home I prefer the Blazer Firefox, excellent and still going strong since 2017.

Good to hear, thanks. I've been wanting a nice home torch and was just looking at the Firefox earlier today.

Moses Baca,
Reactions: TommyDee

TommyDee

Vaporitor
And of course each has an equivalent amount of vape honey or none. Thanks for that.

Is it fair to assume your other passions include flashlights @stark1 ?

TommyDee,
Reactions: iBloke

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
And of course each has an equivalent amount of vape honey or none. Thanks for that.

Is it fair to assume your other passions include flashlights @stark1 ?

Where is this “vape honey”, you’ve mentioned before on a DV?
Not that I want any, just curious, I OCD clean all my vape devices, my lungs and tongue prefer it that way.

RustyOldNail,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I get 0.8g on the cap fairly consistently which matches you with and without figures @cybrguy . Maybe I'm not too far off with my scale. It can flacky.

Very nice for this discussion to have brought forth some great information with regard to achievable weights.

Now I can plan my next VAS DV purchase. That I really don't need. And I need to re-evaluate my Ti avoidance policy for vaping. Purely personal of course.

Thanks you all for the data :bowdown: Now I can make wise choices.

Where is this “vape honey”, you’ve mentioned before on a DV?
Not that I want any, just curious, I OCD clean all my vape devices, my lungs and tongue prefer it that way.

When I pour vape liquor from the cap, it condenses heavy on the cooling fin part of the tube. I can almost get a draw off only that if cleaned by evaporated in Everclear. Needs a very clean tip to start though. Therefore in the spirit of measuring to the 10's of milligrams, this weight would be in the noise pertaining to the remaining honey or kief remaining in the cooling part of the tip. A footnote of the study, obviously.

Furthermore, without real research, I find that crust builds up from my IH cooking part of the cooling fins, being a loose coil. This takes effort to remove with ISO and the q-tip. With the tighter coil IH, the bore at the fins stays much more smooth and sticky rather than crusty. You also have to consider the buildup of kief that makes it through the CCD. Specially if you suck the ground herb into the tip.

Last edited:

Planck

believes in Dog
Good to hear, thanks. I've been wanting a nice home torch and was just looking at the Firefox earlier today.
It's great, big tank easy one grip one hand control. Light trigger pressure, excellent flame control. The best flame lock and release. Very reliable lighting. Everything one would want in a torch for DV.

The child safety is external and easy to remove. I'd replace mine with another in a heartbeat. Mine still looks and work as new though since 2017.

I expect you would be very happy with a Firefox. <nods>

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I get 0.8g on the cap fairly consistently which matches you with and without figures @cybrguy . Maybe I'm not too far off with my scale. It can flacky.

Very nice for this discussion to have brought forth some great information with regard to achievable weights.

Now I can plan my next VAS DV purchase. That I really don't need. And I need to re-evaluate my Ti avoidance policy for vaping. Purely personal of course.

Thanks you all for the data :bowdown: Now I can make wise choices.

When I pour vape liquor from the cap, it condenses heavy on the cooling fin part of the tube. I can almost get a draw off only that if cleaned by evaporated in Everclear. Needs a very clean tip to start though. Therefore in the spirit of measuring to the 10's of milligrams, this weight would be in the noise pertaining to the remaining honey or kief remaining in the cooling part of the tip. A footnote of the study, obviously.

Furthermore, without real research, I find that crust builds up from my IH cooking part of the cooling fins, being a loose coil. This takes effort to remove with ISO and the q-tip. With the tighter coil IH, the bore at the fins stays much more sticky rather than dry. You also have to consider the buildup of keep that makes it through the screen. Specially if you suck the ground herb into the tip.

Oh, I see you are talking about concentrates in a DV, my bad...

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: TommyDee

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Mine does too. But when you really hit hard on a VC, a lot goes right there. I am not sure if the longer coil is better at minimizing condensation but it makes sense. The metal stems sure get warmer.

Like yourself, a flashaholic as well!

Flashlights were just a sideline of cycling. This was my pashion in my youth -

3552357431_7814286db2_z.jpg

Modified Kyosho Javelin 4WD 10th Scale Electric Off Road Race Car​

Last edited:

GtrBob

We need to CrowdVape @GtrBob an induction heater. Seriously, a year on the stove to avoid a torch or just out of convenience?

Haha...yeah, everything here is like out of the '60s or '70s.
I have some old jazz playing on my Dad's console hifi rt now.
:lol:

[TD, to answer, I'll get an IH but yes, the stove's so EZ. Also easy is heatin' the M capless w/ my FM-5. Little oven stays around 385 degrees F. You can just puff away till the load is about done.]

61SeSaPG%2BcL._SY679_.jpg

Last edited:

notams

toke down Babylon
I just got my Blazer Firefox Mini Torch from Amazon.

I bought this based on @Planck 's suggestion (at least I think it was him).

Best torch ever for DV. I won't bore you with the whole journey. Trust me, I've spent a lot of money and time on lighters. Journey over. This is the one.

Highly recommend this torch for newbies and pros alike. Thank you @Planck (I think) for the suggestion.

Edit: added this part.
I didn't feel like catching up and reading 128 posts (yikes!)... I skimmed. Saw some chatter on lighterd. Posted. THEN read up. So.. Yes that WAS @Planck. And this post is weirdly timed now. But. I stand by it. Awesome torch.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@GtrBob - love that capless solution. Nice find. And I can certainly see the convenience of a stove. Those that wander in kitchen tend to turn the stove on at least once a day. Anyone use an electric that way?

@notams - I have a favored torch from some 15 years ago from some flashy outlet. It is chrome and sleek without a single marking. I paid for bling but it still goes strong after some really hard use. I just don't use it for vaping but yea, some are made right, and the rest aren't.

TommyDee,
Top Bottom