• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Received my 2020M, yesterday. Never got a “pre-order” early. This is my 1st Dynavap product, and I want to put on notice, any and all medium to large companies that are doing well, take note of the generous free product included for those that added themselves to the Dynavap pre-order list. Without notice or fanfare, a separate and complete Dynavap 2019M is included for FREE, a item still listed for $70.00, on their site. THANKS! That’s not only a generous gesture, it’s fantastic marketing. It’s gets you and or a friend you give it to, into the whole Dynavap world, which is full of more updates and accessories, as well as tons of positive buzz for the company. Other companies would do well to emulate this kind of model in some form or another.

Here are my first impressions of the Dynavap 2020M.

Surprised at the potency from so little material. I also own and love my NV WEEDEATER. But while it’s not fair to compare a small portable device like this to a large desktop rig, the results in such a tiny and portable device, are incredible and inexpensive.

Observations:
The hype over the “captive cap”. I understand there were past complaints about the cap staying on, or not coming off easily and so far this new cap is their answer. Another benefit of the included 2019M version, is I could compare the two caps, old versus new. In my initial use, the updated “captive cap” keeps falling off. The two, newly added machine punch indents, don’t seem “deep” enough to engage the grooved cutouts on the SS load head. I’ve tried squeezing the sides as Dynavap videos show, for the previous cap, without the new indents. I have it working, but just ok.

So I began playing with the older cap. It slides on and off easily, all this tested with the magnet built into the Dynavap wooden dug out holder I bought as well. No adjustments needed, the older style cap, out of the box works way better, doesn’t fall off with shaking. Looks like they “fixed” a non existing problem, from my limited experience with only these two models. I can say the newer cap seems a tiny bit looser, perhaps done on purpose, to make cap removability easier, and give room for the new indents. The old model, has a nice, slightly tighter fit, and yet that cap comes off properly with the magnet. I swapped both caps on both units, same results. So, I’m going to use the old cap with the new 2020M. Since I’m not aware of what the manufacturing tolerances are on these caps, your mileage may vary.

IMPROVED AIRFLOW/CARB:
I don’t experience finding the airflow/carb hole on the tube easy at all, but rolling it in my fingers while pulling, I’ll feel the restriction when my fingers eventually hit the holes. So I don’t see a big deal here, but again, it’s new to me, other more experienced users can add their opinions on the newly designed airflow/carb hole?

Personally, I’ll be looking for an IH Heater, that works properly and is available to actually buy. I’m not a big fan of the torching part of the process. While I’m sure over time my torch heating technique will improve, for me at least it’s difficult to hold the torch steady in the proper spot, for the proper time. I think a good IH Heater will make using my Dynavap easier and more enjoyable. Downside, I’ll probably use it WAY too much. Being able to heat and use this device in so many different ways, is of course a huge plus in design, and use, so a personal preference here.

It truly is, a simple yet effective way to medicate, and their prices seem incredibly fair and set to sell.

I think I had more observations, but after the 2nd bowl, I can’t remember them.....

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think that having the heater on/off switch in the bottom of the heater is the key. Having to turn the heater on with a button touch........then insert the vapcap.....then remember to turn off the heater.....is not good.
I agree that turning the heat on (and off) by inserting the VC in the receiver is ideal. I would like it, however, if it did it by breaking an electric eye or in some way doing it without pressure on the switch at the bottom of the receiver. I have a couple caps that don't come off easily because the end slips by the crimp and holds on. I am guessing this is happening due to the hot cap being very slightly softened by the heat and the pressure of the switch eventually allowing the tip to slip (yeah, I thought that too when I wrote it :brow: ).
While I would prefer this, if it would add too much to the cost (which I'm guessing it might) I can do without it.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
I still really like it and dont think it needs to be xl. Loving messing with the 2 airports and the mix of partially open to fully closed.

This is the ONLY Vapcap that I have used without feeling the need to add or subtract anything from it.

Definitely like the performance and ease of just using one of the airports.

I have not had any issues with the captive cap. IMO it is part of a system with the 20 tip. I have found that the caps that started out loose eventually became tighter with use.

RustyOldNail

905-FA8-E5-429-C-4-DAA-B734-B04-F0-C159-A5-D.jpg

To the VapCap experts here, has anyone used one of these glass tubes with a 14/18mm make glass fitting, and the other end is just the glass tube opening for just a VapCap TIP, no body. (Photo attached)

I thought this could be useful, and negate having to clean the body and condenser, since your not using them in this WP configuration.

So, for fun I made up a temporary one with some parts on hand. First run, no draw.... Then I was like “duh”, there is NO airflow. Without the body of the VapCap, there is no AIRPORT. The load was over cooked, probably because I wasn’t able to draw any air over it, and extract anything.

Using the DV rubber “fat tip cap” accessory, I had adequate airflow with the Dyncap in its normal configuration tip on body, the rubber end fits into a 14mm female glass joint on your water piece.

On the SneakyPete site, he sells a similar product.
Here if you want to see it:
https://www.sneakypetestore.com/pro...versal-dynavap-adapter?variant=23153641488465

I don’t see any carb holes on these add on tubes. So I can’t imagine where the airflow is coming from. Now maybe it’s me, but it’s the same as closing the DV Airport hole totally closed, for me that’s just beyond a tight draw.

What am I missing here?

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
This is the ONLY Vapcap that I have used without feeling the need to add or subtract anything from it.

Definitely like the performance and ease of just using one of the airports.

I have not had any issues with the captive cap. IMO it is part of a system with the 20 tip. I have found that the caps that started out loose eventually became tighter with use.

I totally agree! She IS just fine from default. :nod:

I definitely like the 20 M tip on it BETTER
than a titanium tip. :tup:

This new tip is a little weird getting used to at first, but an OUTSTANDING upgrade to the stainless steel tip series!

It really IS a hybrid between the traditional stainless steel tip and the titanium tip, in my opinion.

After screwing around with it for a day, I LOVE the new Chiral airports.

Feathering one while leaving the other partially uncovered to varying amounts produces a wide range of results.

That was kinda surprising to me.

They give INCREDIBLE flexibility to the adjustment of the airflow on the M!

I definitely won't be mad about using this one while cleaning my Vortex or other stems!

Fuck Corona,
Fuck Combustion,
and...

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

Last edited:

xsteve420

@RustyOldNail I got the one from ddavemods and before I got it I was worried about the draw being to restricted but It worked great with my water pipe, also worked pretty good dry.
when i was using my M in my water pipe i was blocking most of the airport with the oring and if I didnt get it just right it would be to hard to draw from. Have no issues with the ddave waterwand.
It was well worth the 40usd for the wand, tip, cap

https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p89/VapCap_Powered_Complete_Waterwand_Solutions.html

dendamper

You can clean it or some with just work through it. My taste buds are not as senitive as others, and there are times where I'll do a quick wipe out with a Q-tip and then continue to vape without much notice. Of course, to be sure of no off-tastes cleaning is the best measure.

I do beleive that when you first sense you've combusted, don't continue to inhale. In fact, I have quickly blown into the mouthpiece and quickly shot the load out :p. I thought it helped decrease the combustion taste.

For those who are off vaping for now, but not into edibles. How about the in-between which could be tinctures that are absorbed under the tongue? I hear easier to adjust amounts and effects.
I make 2 different oils by putting my homegrown trim in a glass container with hempseedoil or almond oil 'au bain marie' (in a larger pot with boiling water) for a small hour. Dont get me wrong, i also use my trim for some killer bubble hash and iso oil but the droplets are the sneakiest way to get medicated. I make a cbd and a thc oil. The cbd gets me trough workdays and the thc gets me trough sickness because i cant vape when im sick. it is still less easy to dose properly. I have put myself to sleep early a lot when i was testing.
the 2020 M does apeal to me but i just got me the apollo a month ago (have not used a torch since) and my vape budget is restricted since i have become a father. i will get the tip to compare in the future. If the new omni hits, i probably have to buy it.
Greetings from lockdown Belgium
i am in quarantine because i was coughing and my wife works in a retirement home where covid19 has hit hard. Keep healthy you guys!

RustyOldNail

@RustyOldNail I got the one from ddavemods and before I got it I was worried about the draw being to restricted but It worked great with my water pipe, also worked pretty good dry.
when i was using my M in my water pipe i was blocking most of the airport with the oring and if I didnt get it just right it would be to hard to draw from. Have no issues with the ddave waterwand.
It was well worth the 40usd for the wand, tip, cap

https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p89/VapCap_Powered_Complete_Waterwand_Solutions.html

Thanks, I saw that one as well, the photo in my original message is clipped from that site.

Well, I guess I’m an outlier here on this product.

If I pull my DV TIP off the body, with no load, cap on, and inhale through the tips opening, the cap gets sucked up to the end of the chamber, practically sealing it, and I’m not able to pull much air at all, at least in comfort and volume. Same results with a loaded chamber, tried both tips. Same setup, BACK on the body, and of course I can pull significant air, as almost all the air is now coming through the Airport/carb holes. Cover the holes, back to same air restriction. That’s why I’m still shocked that there are no air holes/carbs on the glass stems of these WP adapters.

Great that it works for the few that responded, but I think I’m only going to be comfortable using the tip while installed on the body, which I’ll insert directly into a 10mm glass adapter, which I ordered weeks ago. Carb holes wide open.

Dynalowrider

All my caps are captive now. I put a slight bend 1/16" on the digger-outer inward. I adjust it to friction on the fins. It keeps the cap on, and keeps the cap from crimp-lock on pushing down. The idea is to stop sealing off the tip with the clickers in the cap. You can give some space between clickers and the load. No scorched load. If you heat the cap the hot air travels between cap and tip into the the load. The airport allows the fresh air to temper the vapor. I got to thinking, if the cap gets squeezed against the tip how does the heated air get into the load well enough to vape. The cap doesn't rattle or fall off. Win-win. The cap has two jobs, heat indicator, and heat the air going into the load. JMHO and it works for me. Doc

Please "No rocks thrown at me." Its JMHO.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Well, I guess I’m an outlier here on this product.
So here's the thing. There are thousands of us who have learned to use VapCaps over the last (almost) 5 years and love them. They are a little different than most vapes in that for normal use you hit them differently, you pull with your mouth rather than with your lungs. Like pulling on a cigar, or even a cigarette, the negative pressure comes from your mouth rather than your diaphragm or lungs. Then you inhale what you have pulled into your mouth.
When you use glass or some other device that you attach to your VapCap you often CAN pull with your lungs and it becomes a more traditional device, but otherwise mouth pulling is the key to success with VapCaps.
I'm sure VapCaps are not for everyone, but many many who don't get how they work at first come to love them after a little instruction and practice. I know because I was one of those people.

RustyOldNail

So here's the thing. There are thousands of us who have learned to use VapCaps over the last (almost) 5 years and love them. They are a little different than most vapes in that for normal use you hit them differently, you pull with your mouth rather than with your lungs. Like pulling on a cigar, or even a cigarette, the negative pressure comes from your mouth rather than your diaphragm or lungs. Then you inhale what you have pulled into your mouth.
When you use glass or some other device that you attach to your VapCap you often CAN pull with your lungs and it becomes a more traditional device, but otherwise mouth pulling is the key to success with VapCaps.
I'm sure VapCaps are not for everyone, but many many who don't get how they work at first come to love them after a little instruction and practice. I know because I was one of those people.

I was NOT referring to the Dynavap, I wrote my 1st impressions a post or two above the one where I’m asking about using glass stems just with the DV head, and no body. I have NO issues with my Dynavap, check out my first post after I received it.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-1990#post-1460260

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Same setup, BACK on the body, and of course I can pull significant air, as almost all the air is now coming through the Airport/carb holes.
But I think you are still getting the same amount of vapor as you would get without the carb, because the extra air you are pulling in when the carb is present does not travel over your material & collect vapor - it is just room temperature air that bypasses your herb & helps to smooth out your hit.

Do you ever hit your standard VC stem with your finger on the carb? Although restricted (hence the mouth-pull advice) you should still be able to draw vapor.
If you don't (or can't) because you think you don't have sufficient airflow without your finger being off the carb you may have an issue & want to look into modifying your tip with some careful filing as was required on some of the earlier tips, or an alternative fix :2c:

:peace:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I was NOT referring to the Dynavap, I wrote my 1st impressions a post or two above the one where I’m asking about using glass stems just with the DV head, and no body. I have NO issues with my Dynavap, check out my first post after I received it.
Dirty-Wand.jpg

I don't seem to be having a problem with my @DDave wand either. Gonna be a coffee stir stick soon...

LabPong

I’m asking about using glass stems just with the DV head, and no body.

The tip and cap connected to the glass wpa pieces......are the vapcap in total. The glass piece just replaces the original body setup. So understand that it does not matter what the tip is connected to....that section becomes the body and part of the vapcap whole unit.

So my vapcaps are all 1 piece units with these different body types no matter if I put it in my mouth or a rig.

VCap-Quiver.jpg

RustyOldNail

The tip and cap connected to the glass wpa pieces......are the vapcap in total. The glass piece just replaces the original body setup. So understand that it does not matter what the tip is connected to....that section becomes the body and part of the vapcap whole unit.

So my vapcaps are all 1 piece units with these different body types no matter if I put it in my mouth or a rig.

VCap-Quiver.jpg

I totally UNDERSTAND what these products are for and how they are used, and included a photo in my original post.

Apologies, to all, but I assumed I had made my original post as clear as I could. And while I always appreciate all the help and opinions I can get, somehow I assume I was not clear enough. So thanks to all, that actually read my original question, and tried to help.

To summarize:
I like the airflow with the tip connected to the VC body, and the ability to feather the carb/airport. And with the rubber fat cap, it works in my 14mm water piece, carb totally open, works great, airflow is fine.

In non water piece, normal setup, (tip on body) the draw with the carb TOTALY closed off with my finger is way to restricted for me, and I would not use it that way. Trying the TIP only on a glass wand, is the exact same amount of restriction as having the carb fully blocked. I can barely pull through it, made my own temporary one for testing before buying.

Anyways, thanks to those that understood my original question and tried to help. I’ll just assume I don’t have the ability or desire to try and suck through a cocktail straw, that’s how it feels, with the carb closed. Since I can use the whole VapCap full body in my water rig using either the rubber MP add on in a 14mm female joint, as well as in a 10mm joint adapter, when it arrives, I’m fine, air supplied by carb hole on body, fills water piece fine. I simply liked the idea of using the TIP only on these glass wands, since they seem to be working fine for some, I’ll simply have to be happy, saving the money. Thanks!

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Hey @RustyOldNail, to give you some context, here are just a few quotes I quickly found from a way back in this thread regarding draw resistance and how folk have improved it by filing the grooves in the VC tip a little deeper . . .
two are slightly different the way the cap feels when I place or remove it. That definitely plays a role in the draw restriction category, the current daily driver I received months ago but could not use comfortably. I bought some diamond tip files and filed my body where the cap sits. I found my sweet spot sanded enough where it hits with much less restriction and plenty of air/vapor flowing.

I get it now. Way easier to figure out than i thought it would be. Fucking 'm'indless.and ya know I couldn't resist just barely filing 3 little grooves in the tip. Didn't go too crazy, just barely filed little baby tiny divets at top of existing grooves. Improved airflow just enough (for me) to shut off carb all the way and just rip away. And the last thing.... The buzz it gives is intense, closest to smoking, me thinks. Cheers party people, D.

I filed down my M grooves a bit and it seems to have improved restriction a bit

M tip mod, I've also filed mine a bit, flows a bit better. Round needle file, an easy job

Filed the SS tip and gave them a basic honest single flame torch just to get them going.

I filed the tip down at the grooves so the pull resistance doesn't screw up my throat.
. . . There are lots more too, if you fancy a bit of a search and some more reading. But as I said, the ones I have quoted are pretty old so I'm not that sure how many people having been doing this recently with newer tips.

@cybrguy - that stem looks golden & your take on a hippy speedball sounds like a fun ride.

RustyOldNail

@VegNVape

So, THATS where the air gets in, the space between the cap and the TIP edge, those tiny cutouts, advertised as good for picking up herb in dugouts, I like them. Some air gets in around the cap, then up through those cutout grooves. I should try my looser captive cap, I’ve been using the better, tighter fit on the older style cap, might get a little more air. But, as I’ve detailed a few times, no load, with carb totally closed, too restricted for me without doing any filing modifications.

Thanks for taking your time to collate those posts, I’ve read the whole thread, but I can’t remember them all.

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
Hey @RustyOldNail, to give you some context, here are just a few quotes I quickly found from a way back in this thread regarding draw resistance and how folk have improved it by filing the grooves in the VC tip a little deeper . . .

. . . There are lots more too, if you fancy a bit of a search and some more reading. But as I said, the ones I have quoted are pretty old so I'm not that sure how many people having been doing this recently with newer tips.

@cybrguy - that stem looks golden & your take on a hippy speedball sounds like a fun ride.

When I first got my shadow m the tip had been
mis-machined, giving it non-existent airflow.

They sent me a replacement tip for it, but in the meantime, people were having problems with the 19 M tips and so like many of them, I filed tiny notches on the end of my shadow tip.

Made a world of difference!

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

Top Bottom