• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
i was fortunate enough to get a pre-release 2020 "M" and I have to say that this is a major performance upgrade to the "M" series. Greater airflow, a cap that wont fall off and a much improved fit to a 10mm water pipe are the main attractions for me but the adjustable bowl and dual airports are sure to make many in the Dynaverse very happy. One thing I didnt even realize they had done but is appreciated is the stop built in for the MP X ring. While the styling may not appeal to all, I LOVE it!!

20200311_215206.jpg

IMG_20200312_145832_184.jpg

Looks Sterling.

Would you release a picture of the “captive” cap by itself?

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe

Found an absolutely beautiful 'insense stick' Dynavap stem. €5 from a local headshop. Bought one for me and a friend, absolutely freaking gorgeous and amazing in the hand. I found THE STEM for me.

Feel like Ganja Gandalf smoking on his peace pipe. Elegant, gorgeous, and so cheap. Hehe I'm going to buy the rest of the stems as gifts for my Dynafriends!

Also, fits a 14mm joint!!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Found an absolutely beautiful 'insense stick' Dynavap stem. €5 from a local headshop. Bought one for me and a friend, absolutely freaking gorgeous and amazing in the hand. I found THE STEM for me.

Feel like Ganja Gandalf smoking on his peace pipe. Elegant, gorgeous, and so cheap. Hehe I'm going to buy the rest of the stems as gifts for my Dynafriends!

Also, fits a 14mm joint!!
That picture you posted remind’s me of INDOCHINE: THAI STICK’S dipped in white powder.
Too bad the “M” was not available during this time?

ammonhanson

Hmmm...I just completed my pre-order, and I know that they stopped sending the new vaporizers in the plastic tube, and are now sending them in the cardboard thing.

So, I wonder what this "complimentary tube" is?
Some kind of free gift they are surprising us with?

Screen-Shot-2020-03-13-at-1-21-12-AM.png
If you look at there FAQ for pre order they said they are still including the green tube for customers who preorder if they want to use it for storage or cleaning

Planck

believes in Dog
Even though I like this stem for style [improved] I still can't use them. I'll probably just get a chamber when available. Let's see what happens.

I think George and I have very different senses of aesthetics. (nuff said)
And all DV stems are too short imo.
I have a similar plan, I'll just buy non 20 tips and caps.

At least DV has a reasonable dealer network and sells individual parts so good on them for that. Still feel somewhat betrayed though.

Planck,
Reactions: ataxian

Planck

believes in Dog
You just really don't like this model?

I have a 2017 M, and haven't felt there was enough of a change in models to be worth upgrading too before now.

No I don't care for the aesthetics of the 20M. But that's only part of why I said George and I must have very different design sense/taste. I don't active like any stem Dynavap has ever made, not one.
The Omni stem is approaching hideous to my eye, the Nanovong not far behind it. The rest are meh, they keep the hot part away from the lips but nothing I would gaze at lovingly. I also intensely dislike the graphings on the DV HI.

The 17M was/is a superb vaporizer imo, I'd hate to be tasked with upgrading it.
For me there hasn't been any upgrade since then that would motivate me to buy based on the upgrade. I could live with the 17,18 or 19, the 20 I will go out of my way to avoid. It's fugly and the new features don't address any shortcomings I've experienced.

I could go through the upgrades one by one stating what concerns exist but ultimately it's just my opinions methods and needs. I hope others like the new features. I fear there is more than one that will make the device less user friendly for my routine.

Hope you love your 20M.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
No I don't care for the aesthetics of the 20M. But that's only part of why I said George and I must have very different design sense/taste. I don't active like any stem Dynavap has ever made, not one.
The Omni stem is approaching hideous to my eye, the Nanovong not far behind it. The rest are meh, they keep the hot part away from the lips but nothing I would gaze at lovingly. I also intensely dislike the graphings on the DV HI.

The 17M was/is a superb vaporizer imo, I'd hate to be tasked with upgrading it.
For me there hasn't been any upgrade since then that would motivate me to buy based on the upgrade. I could live with the 17,18 or 19, the 20 I will go out of my way to avoid. It's fugly and the new features don't address any shortcomings I've experienced.

I could go through the upgrades one by one stating what concerns exist but ultimately it's just my opinions methods and needs. I hope others like the new features. I fear there is more than one that will make the device less user friendly for my routine.

Hope you love your 20M.

@Planck while you are (brutally) honest, there may be a point to be made.

Since the company brought on new hands to an expanding enterprise, the R&D department
probably expanded as well, and it is also possible that it is now entirely in the domain of the
Young guns.

For the past few years, the incremental changes/improvements have not been monumental,
The spark of genius may have removed himself from that aspect of a growing company.

It seems almost parallel to the sea change Apple suffered when Jobs passed the baton to Cook.
Apple lost its genius, and innovative sparkle, with Cook at the helm.

Just some observations/speculations. Ruminations of an old dog.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I just watched Troy's review of the 20M on vimeo (fuck you youtube). My sense is that he was underwhelmed on the changes. The stop or click cap seems like it will be an annoyance for some, but helpful to others. I guess if you had a problem with your cap falling off then you'll welcome the change. I have not had this problem.

Austin seemed to like the lighter weight of the tip compared to the 19M, and that the heat up and cool down is closer to the Ti tip. Both liked the improved airflow. The new chiral carbs seem intriguing, but still waiting for someone to say that it is mindblowing.

The cardboard case is a joke. Justified by those who want to be polite, laughable to others.

I didn't realize that the pre-order price is only $60 with free ship over at PIU. I had it in my cart, but then took it out. It is a tough one for me. I know I'll probably want the new tip, but think I would pass on the the new cap and body. With the cost of just a tip probably ending up around $35-$40, you can get a whole set up for like $20 more. Still, I don't think I'll use the M body and would rather invest in a longer custom or a vortex.

So I think I'll wait around for the 420 sales and see what shakes out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom