RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@notams I have the Apollo II which I think is the same. The main thing I find is that it is not hot enough at first click. Dynavap has a tips video that is helpful with some techniques to preheat. It does work to go past the click but they dont recommend that. For me, the torch gives much better results but the IH is convenient.

@Vape_Or_Die420 i would not think you would hear or feel it in that loud of an environment.

Planck

believes in Dog
Tell me more of this betrayal feeling. :peace:
Dear international customers, thank you for your support in making DV a international success. Thank you for suggesting local sellers consider stocking the products, thank you for demonstration the device to friends and acquaintances, thanks for answering questions and giving hands on help. We are a community a Dynaverse. You didn't expect a reward but here it is, ridiculously expensive shipping with DHL as the only direct purchase option available. Because international post with tracking is so unreliable.

Yeah right <insert BS here>

Did Dynavap have an oral or written contract with you for something specific?

I have no written contract. There were certain expectations I had based on the corporate talk and track record. DHL shipping only was not one of them.

May I suggest that your design tastes may be different from many in this thread, not just George. :rolleyes:

Of course you may and you would be correct. As the designer George's taste has a major influence on the product, everyone else's not so much. Please note that I have not criticized George, Dynavap, or anyone else for their taste.

For the past few years, the incremental changes/improvements have not been monumental,
The spark of genius may have removed himself from that aspect of a growing company.

It seems almost parallel to the sea change Apple suffered when Jobs passed the baton to Cook.
Apple lost its genius, and innovative sparkle, with Cook at the helm.

Just some observations/speculations. Ruminations of an old dog.

Yes there is something to what you say. Market wise for example this forum was a huge help in launching Dynavap. Initially DV acknowledged this, participated in the forum and even gave members various perks. Now that all appears to have moved to instagram, no one from DV even posts here anymore.

I understand, but don't agree with, your feeling about the styling of the stem. But I dont understand your dislike or dismissal of a tip cap you have most likely not even tried.

It doesn't solve any problems that I have. I think Troy pretty much confirmed my concerns with the captive cap making the cap difficult to remove with a magnet. Yes he said it can be adjusted to work but failed to do so on camera. The non captive cap can be adjusted too so net gain zero, net loss unknown to me at this time. Meanwhile retail Josh states the DV magnet will remove the cap and demonstrates removal with something other than a DV magnet. hmmm

Does new the tip look better, definitely not to my eye.
Do I want adjust-a-bowl, nope I'll never use it, I just see it potentially making cleaning a little more work.
Does the tip work better, I dunno, I'm perfectly satisfied with how the existing tips function. It's difficult to improve perfection.

Plus, he may have a twist in his shorts? Or a short in his twist.

He may be a Canuck, you know. :rant:

(He does have a point)

:rofl::rofl::lol::brow::tup:

95% of the time, i reach for one of my custom stems over the M stem.
I like a long stem thats slim at the mouth end and no carb. :brow:

That makes at least two of us! :cheers::spliff:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@Planck - the adjustable CCD fixes one peeve I have that could have been done a different way.
Look at the outer apertures that are blocked by the 'back-metal'. The low-angle chamfer that closely matches the CCD's deformation.
In that region I get oils and soot built up. It doesn't clean easily with a swab - worse, it just keeps coming.
This forces many to remove the CCD for a full cleansing.

Ti_tip.png

I was after the adjustable bowl to make the outer apertures more effective and less potential for captured honey and soot.

Now it is clear that the chamber would benefit with a double chamfer at the 'bottom'. One as-is, and followed quickly with a 45 or so.
I will try this mod on the '19 SS if I can get the lathe to cooperate with stainless.

I think this is an area that could improve airflow when packed with kief-laced flower.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Spain is now apparently on lockdown. I hope George and crew got outta Dodge...

The one open escape route back was via UK airports when Trump
closed all Europe off unilaterally.
Now UK is also listed—all of Europe, effectively.

So, no foreseeable cigar.

What a nightmare.

Then there is the 14 day quarantine if and when you manage to cross the pond.

There is a possibility Canada’s airports are still open to European air traffic, especially UK carriers.

Whole countries are shutting down.

Last edited:

Planck

believes in Dog
@Planck - the adjustable CCD fixes one peeve I have that could have been done a different way.
Look at the outer apertures that are blocked by the 'back-metal'. The low-angle chamfer that closely matches the CCD's deformation.
In that region I get oils and soot built up. It doesn't clean easily with a swab - worse, it just keeps coming.

Ti_tip.png

I was after the adjustable bowl to make the outer apertures more effective and less potential for captured honey and soot.

Now it is clear that the chamber would benefit with a double chamfer at the 'bottom'. One as-is, and followed quickly with a 45 or so.
I will try this mod on the '19 SS if I can get the lathe to cooperate with stainless.

I think this is an area that could improve airflow when packed with kief-laced flower.

Absolutely TD I agree! I too have looked at that area and thought it could be improved. Looking forward to your results. Is your lathe a Tiag? I've seen video of machining SS effectively with the little Taigs. I'm considering getting one.
Wishing you the best curly chips:science: :nod:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I would agree. The difference between 17-19 were 90% aesthetic. IMO, the 2020 "M" is a huge upgrade from past models.

Yeah. That was my feeling. I have a 2017 M, and haven't felt a strong enough need to upgrade with the last two models. This one seems different enough to justify spending the money.

no one from DV even posts here anymore.

Odd. I see them post here from time to time. You must have missed it.

CalyxSmokr

Like the feel of my 2019 m so far. Having the original m I had a lot of trouble with the orings on the tip. This feels better.
Best glass stem I have seen is the dimpled one from sneaky pete. Is there a better one or one that works on a 14mm joint?
Cant decide if I need an induction heater or not.

Ramahs

I'm not talking about that specific profile, but other company representatives.

But, like I said, I'm not going to do your research for you. Believe whatever bullshit you want.

Planck

believes in Dog

But, like I said, I'm not going to do your research for you. Believe whatever bullshit you want.
I am talking last post not
Dynavap representatives have been here plenty since then.
I don't know or care if anyone from DV lurks here. You have time to argue but no time to help educate an ignorant bro?

Ramahs

I am talking last post not

I don't know or care if anyone from DV lurks here. You have time to argue but no time to help educate an ignorant bro?

Like I said, not going looking to do your research for you.
Why should I spend my time skimming through thread pages just because you are too lazy to do so?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Yes @TommyDee is our hope.

Ton is a bit different, a bit perhaps outside the circumference of the usual ?

Is Shannon still open. They cancelled St Patty’s Parade in Boston, are large gatherings
Cancelled in Ireland?

Can the Dyna-team fly out from Shannon to US, or Canada? Any UK airports?

(NVM, think they made it out)

Last edited:

Bortz

"Pic removed"

Exactly why I went with the titanium tip when I purchased. I wanted an air gap under the screen to prevent restriction of flow after buildup and for a more even vaporization throughout. Basically suspend the load of flower in a chamber as hot air flows over it--the perfect vaporization scenario in my mind.

I have two titanium tips, one on half bowl size, one full bowl size. I vastly prefer my tip set to halfway for those exact reasons. I just repack as needed, the smaller bowl size seems not to have that big of an impact in actual practice for me. I also lift the the cap a half millimeter or so off the tip before use. Seems to stop the top from scorching and vaporize damn near perfectly every time.

The ideal vaporizer dug out. One delicious, flavorful, hit. One to three...less tasty. Repack.

I hope that all the wayward travelers find their way back to where they need to be. I am grateful to be at my home, prepared and well stocked. Time to count my blessings and hunker down! Doing my part to support public health...also to catch up on some projects :D:brow::science::leaf:

My preparations:

DSC-0913-Copy.jpg

DSC-0891-Copy.jpg

This post brought to you by Tahoe OG and Ice Cream Cake. And the Dynavap. :sherlock:

Edit: Damn, I had a time uploading pictures :mental::uhh::suspicious::lol:

Last edited:

joner

Is there a greater benefit in microdosing to have an adjustable tip set with CCD at the smallest setting compared to just putting a small amount of herb in a non-adjustable tip?

I find it beneficial just in that that is the MAX you can load in there. Kinda standardizes my bowl sizes. I use it like a straw, so a similar pack everytime. Poured out side by side the bowl sizes are very consistent, a consistent dose.

On the other hand, the full size bowl with a half sized load still works swimmingly. Just a little harder to standardize dosage size, imo.

I also find it easier if you want less than a half bowl, to do so in the half sized oven, but ymmv.

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
Is there a greater benefit in microdosing to have an adjustable tip set with CCD at the smallest setting compared to just putting a small amount of herb in a non-adjustable tip?

Like so many things about this product and similar, I guess it's more subjective than anything.

From my experience, if you are grinding your material and then loading It Dugout style or using the straw method to suck up ground herb into the tip until full, then yes it makes the dosing easier, but 90% of the time I just break off a tiny nug and pop it in. :nod:

Although I will say that setting CCD at half full size vs at the bottom DOES seem to help keep the underside of the CCD and area a little cleaner and obstruction free. :tup:

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Like I said, not going looking to do your research for you.
Why should I spend my time skimming through thread pages just because you are too lazy to do so?

Our first rule is Be Nice. This is definitely not being nice. Please don't make me hand out warning points.

Top Bottom