• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

StringTheorista

@vaponatorr In my experience, the M works fine even if you just put a small amount of material in it. Some people microdose by using a small load; I tend to load reasonably full, but just take a couple pulls, then cool down and return to it later. The first method will give you better flavor overall, since the first hit is the tastiest. But the effects are just as good using the second method. Vapcaps are wonderful for microdosing

vaponatorr

Just put some more so it touches the walls and got sth out of it.
:) Already love it but i guess it will take me quite some time so i can control it without burning myself.
Just burnt my lip a little bit :lol:

vaponatorr,

Vaporware

Here's a question without notice... Can you vape smoking tobacco in the Cap? Anyone tried it?

Yes you can, and George talked about it more often when the VC was new. Here are a couple of things that might help you if you decide to do it:

1. Pipe tobacco is apparently much better for this than cigarette tobacco.

2. A lot of people seem to prefer full convection heating (stuff like the Nomad, Milaana, etc.), so if you don’t like it with a VapCap don’t think you don’t have other options.

If you already smoke and you want fuck combination then I think it’s a much better option, but if you don’t already use tobacco/nicotine I hope you never start. I’ve seen too many people struggle for many years to quit and suffer a lot of health problems from it.

Some of that may be less bad if you don’t smoke it, but it’s still very addictive stuff with the potential to cause cancer and other problems, possibly even when vaporized. I’m pretty sure chewing tobacco can cause cancer for example, and there’s no combustion there.

If you want to see more, here’s a thread about it. You might also get better answers asking questions there:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaporizing-tobacco-not-e-cigs.29/

vaponatorr

@vaponatorr In my experience, the M works fine even if you just put a small amount of material in it. Some people microdose by using a small load; I tend to load reasonably full, but just take a couple pulls, then cool down and return to it later. The first method will give you better flavor overall, since the first hit is the tastiest. But the effects are just as good using the second method. Vapcaps are wonderful for microdosing
Can you give an estimate how many g you use and how many hits you get from it?

With the mighty i used from 0.01-0.07

vaponatorr,

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
Sorry, I've asked this question here before and also tried asking Dynavap support about this but received no info so I'll give it another go:

with the Ti tip, is the screen supposed to stay "locked" in the largest chamber position, like it does with the other 2, or is it meant to be kind of loose and may tilt/flip in that lowest position if you turn the vapcap upside down or give it a slight shake? (if chamber is empty)

ps the screen is as flattened as I could make it and I've never torched, just the normal weekly iso soak

3dfx-glide,

Ricardo

Yes you can, and George talked about it more often when the VC was new. Here are a couple of things that might help you if you decide to do it:

1. Pipe tobacco is apparently much better for this than cigarette tobacco.

2. A lot of people seem to prefer full convection heating (stuff like the Nomad, Milaana, etc.), so if you don’t like it with a VapCap don’t think you don’t have other options.

If you already smoke and you want fuck combination then I think it’s a much better option, but if you don’t already use tobacco/nicotine I hope you never start. I’ve seen too many people struggle for many years to quit and suffer a lot of health problems from it.

Some of that may be less bad if you don’t smoke it, but it’s still very addictive stuff with the potential to cause cancer and other problems, possibly even when vaporized. I’m pretty sure chewing tobacco can cause cancer for example, and there’s no combustion there.

If you want to see more, here’s a thread about it. You might also get better answers asking questions there:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaporizing-tobacco-not-e-cigs.29/
Thanks. Yes, it's not for me - yuck! No, a mate who can't kick the nicotine habit asked. I gave him an M for his Marijuana consumption and he wants to try rolling tobacco in it - reckons a short sharp hit every now and then is better than a box of B&H. I reckon it should do the job and it's gotta be better than smoking, right?

Ricardo,

Vaporware

@3dfx-glide If you pushed it in below the bottom groove it may flop around or something, but if you get it in the groove it should fit the same way it fits in the other 2.

Try using the condenser to gently push it back up just a little until it locks into place. If it doesn’t stop between the lowest set of ridges then I think there’s a problem with the screen or the tip.

Thanks. Yes, it's not for me - yuck! No, a mate who can't kick the nicotine habit asked. I gave him an M for his Marijuana consumption and he wants to try rolling tobacco in it - reckons a short sharp hit every now and then is better than a box of B&H. I reckon it should do the job and it's gotta be better than smoking, right?

Yeah, like I said though, the people talking about it in that thread have recommended pipe tobaccos and say that they are a lot better to use this way than cigarette tobacco.

I don’t want to take over this thread with something neither of us even like though, so if you have more questions about it please use the thread I linked to. :)

Edit: Sorry, forgot to cut and paste into an edit. Please merge these @Stu !:doh:

Last edited by a moderator:

StringTheorista

Can you give an estimate how many g you use and how many hits you get from it?

With the mighty i used from 0.01-0.07
I don’t have a scale. I grind with a Santa Cruz shredder, and then use the pax loading scoop to fill. 1 scoop loosely half-fills the tip. I take small hits because of asthma, so I usually get 3 small short hits per heating cycle, and will do 6-9 total (spread out over time), depending on how dark the abv is.
Edit: I bought a gram of Matanuska TF when visiting family in Alaska, and it took me a week of vaping 4x/day or more in the M to finish it.

Last edited:
StringTheorista,

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
@3dfx-glide If you pushed it in below the bottom groove it may flop around or something, but if you get it in the groove it should fit the same way it fits in the other 2.

Try using the condenser to gently push it back up just a little until it locks into place. If it doesn’t stop between the lowest set of ridges then I think there’s a problem with the screen or the tip.
Hmm, see I do get 3 "clicks" but on the third click, there's a relatively large gap still below the screen, like 1/5th of the chamber maybe, so I thought you're meant to push it further down which is what I do, but then get the rattle (btw I'm not pushing it so much as to bend the screen any; not making it concave, I'm talking about empty space above the concave)

Do you also have that "empty space" gap below the screen at the largest setting?

3dfx-glide,
Reactions: jds

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@3dfx-glide I picked up a used Xl Ti and I popped out the screen which was stuck from resin, cleaned everything in iso and when I reassembled it the screen just fell out. I tried it a bunch of ways, flattened it, nothing worked. I popped out the SS M screen and compared them and the Ti screen was smaller. Then the Ti screen fell in a crack in the desk never to be seen again.

I think the Ti shrinks from heat? Anyone?

Vaporware

Hmm, see I do get 3 "clicks" but on the third click, there's a relatively large gap still below the screen, like 1/5th of the chamber maybe, so I thought you're meant to push it further down which is what I do, but then get the rattle (btw I'm not pushing it so much as to bend the screen any; not making it concave, I'm talking about empty space above the concave)

Do you also have that "empty space" gap below the screen at the largest setting?

The bottom setting isn’t quite all the way to the bottom of the tip, but I just checked one of mine and after clicking into 3 distinct levels it was much harder to push it lower and I didn’t want to break the screen so I stopped. I don’t think it was ever loose, so it seems like your screen or your tip is a little off.

Personally I think VapCaps work best with the small or medium setting anyway, so unless you really want to cram that extra material in I’d probably just set it higher in the bowl and not worry too much about it. :)

By the way, I think the way I remember the grooves was either from a different generation of tips or just a little off. It’s a little hard to see the details down in there without a good light, but I think it’s actually a raised area with 3 grooves cut into it rather than 6 raised areas creating 3 grooves like I was thinking, so at least with this model from 4/20 last year a good screen should never be loose in it.

Chandler

hula1.jpg
@seki thanks for your response! Much appreciated. It's hard to tell if they're thicker than Charlie's, really like the dark glass.. But cot dayum friend! How in the hell is your stem so dirty! Lol that's at least a week or two of heavy consumption. Vaping concentrates? can't imagine my glasscharlie looking like that. I'm not judging, I'm dying.
I also like that bubbler. Purchased here in Canada?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
We seem to have lost sight of SDS for some time now, possibly because he and the wife
Are pregnant (you know what I meant)

He is also coping with (wisdom) toof hurts

Miss those carbless Ti stems

Best Wishes, to you, and yours, SDS!

Last edited:

seki

@seki thanks for your response! Much appreciated. It's hard to tell if they're thicker than Charlie's, really like the dark glass.. But cot dayum friend! How in the hell is your stem so dirty! Lol that's at least a week or two of heavy consumption. Vaping concentrates? can't imagine my glasscharlie looking like that. I'm not judging, I'm dying.
I also like that bubbler. Purchased here in Canada?

The stem has about a month's worth of buildup from usage, flower only. I actually want it to get to at least double that before I try making stem milk for the first time. But yeah, it's looking pretty horrific :lol:.

The bubbler is a Grav Spherical Pocket Bubbler, available in Canada here:
https://bobhq.com/en/grav/22117-grav-spherical-pocket-bubbler-w-10mm-joint-bowl.html

I purchased during their 4/20 sale, and they seem to currently have an anniversary sale going on, but it looks like it's in-store only. They've got stores in Alberta, Manitoba & Saskatchewan. I believe mine shipped from Manitoba when I ordered.

jds

Has anyone ever worn out a cap? I've been trying my hardest to push one of my caps to its limits. Despite having multiple vapcaps, I transfer it over to whichever one I'm using. I've been using it multiple times daily since early 2017, anywhere from 10 to 30 times in a day, and it still clicks like day one. I've heated past the click relatively often, I've accidentally got it glowing red a few times, I've dropped it, banged it around, etc. I've estimated it went through at least 10 000-15 000 heat cycles by now.

I think this just confirms how durable this vaporizer is, overall. I've yet to even wear out a single oring or xring, too.

Last edited:

SquanchKava

Last night I added the titanium mouthpiece and XL condenser to my 2018M. I love the extrs bit of length and the easy spin. It doesn't fit in my altoid can anymore though. So I need a cool down holder to put it back away after my morning sessions before work. What do you folks prefer for storing a still cooling down dynavap? Wood or metal. I was thinking of getting some aluminum doob tubes. New to the DV but already head over heels for it.

Last edited:

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
@3dfx-glide I picked up a used Xl Ti and I popped out the screen which was stuck from resin, cleaned everything in iso and when I reassembled it the screen just fell out. I tried it a bunch of ways, flattened it, nothing worked. I popped out the SS M screen and compared them and the Ti screen was smaller. Then the Ti screen fell in a crack in the desk never to be seen again.

I think the Ti shrinks from heat? Anyone?
Agreed i think it degrades under high heat to nothing. Almost like when people were torching the screens abd they crumbled

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@Xclerk as much as i want to use the Ti screens I'm opting for the SS right now. I do need a couple caps so maybe I'll get some Ti and compare them in terms of flavor.

Waiting on an order of tool tips to finish this Mini ABV/Utility Tray. I have these mini handles now that I think I like better than the originals. I'm loving the DynaVap Spinning Mouth Piece. I dont normly use the 'Airport" but using @Vapify 's "shotgun technique" with the spinner has made me a convert.

60954390_805369906512209_4658976683552931840_n.jpg

61277928_805369893178877_7275913043123372032_n.jpg

61319171_805369963178870_1329262515204390912_n.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I like your tray very much. I think I would use it for buds or fresh herb rather than ABV but it would pretty up my vape station nicely. I currently use one of those KIND rubberized ashtrays for my abv as it treats my glass well when dumping from stems and VCs.

I have extras of both Ti and steel CCDs and tend to use steel with steel and Ti with Ti, but I think they are pretty much interchangeable and if I didn't have one or the other when I needed them I would just use what I had.

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
@Xclerk as much as i want to use the Ti screens I'm opting for the SS right now. I do need a couple caps so maybe I'll get some Ti and compare them in terms of flavor.

Waiting on an order of tool tips to finish this Mini ABV/Utility Tray. I have these mini handles now that I think I like better than the originals. I'm loving the DynaVap Spinning Mouth Piece. I dont normly use the 'Airport" but using @Vapify 's "shotgun technique" with the spinner has made me a convert.

60954390_805369906512209_4658976683552931840_n.jpg

61277928_805369893178877_7275913043123372032_n.jpg

61319171_805369963178870_1329262515204390912_n.jpg
These are too pretty man. Love the mags on the tools and tray for swapping caps or tools. Very niffty. Once I got a spinning tip I havent gone back. Sometimes like it even more than my omni. Got some cool tips from danielj coming soon for my shadow and nonavong xl.. I'll get some pics up eventually of my collection. As far as screens/ccds on my ti tip i either use both a ti and stainless gapped apart for micro doses but actually really like running opposites... stainless tip w ti screen and vise versa I really like a ti tip w stainless ccd. Got some glass and ceramic ones i play with. Got some solid ti screens on ebay that work but super tight fit. Same guy sells all 3 kinds if using them in a ti tip you can use a 8mm c clip too. I feel like getting it to your liking is part the fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom