Ricardo

Any of you musos rate Antonio Forcione?
Watching In Concert 2006 which someone must have recommended somewhere :tup:

Ricardo,
Reactions: Lady V

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I believe what you're seeing is the company making some choices. They can't be all things to all people all the time. Right now they're choosing to streamline their manufacturing processes and supply chain to insure they can manufacture their 'basic' line of vapes: M, Omnis, Vongs in local woods.

They are growing leaps and bounds which means that some of the more custom things will be rarer. But that's okay, George and the crew love the after-market makers, and this move really does position DV as a build a bunch at a time maker. They're not a small craft company anymore.
I'm at the point that I have what I want from DV too; I love the look of the '18 M ( have 2-one standard and one modded for XL) and the Omni XL, and I dig the Carbon Fiber, it pairs well with a spinning Ti MP and I have that in an XL configuration, and I have two Vongs; one short and the Light Wood long.

I will definitely make the plunge with an after-market maker because I want a couple and I want to support them.
I suspect as our collections mature, and our gifted thread mates continue their explorations, we’ll all move toward including after-market jewels among our pretties. I’ve been putting an order together, and with previous purchases it will let me LEGO my way to at least 5 separate ‘Caps - a nonavong (Thank you SO much, George - I love it!), an M, an XLM, an Omni, and a mutt (M tip, Omni body, standard condenser, mp). Beyond that, I’m definitely thinking aftermarket.

I wanted to say this originally: whatever you think of Apple and/or their products, one thing they have done masterfully is to create a wide array of supporting products. George seems to be displaying similar insight, staying true to the essential vision of the business, and their offerings will continue to evolve, and I will continue to give them to friends now and then, and continue not just to support George and DynaVap but to buy from them.

It will be interesting to see if anyone picks up the cap-engraving thing...I have one, wish I had others....

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
A rough and ready stem for that EDC pack :whoa:

ehne6o.jpg

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
So... am I taking crazy pills or didn’t the stainless steel caps used to be $20? They are $25 on the site now...

Wishing I’d grabbed a few before they went up. Even with 20% off they would have been cheaper before.

*Edit i’m too medicated. Was looking at tips, not caps. No price changes.

Last edited:

paehtod

What reducer are you using it looks like it drops in deep instead of just the very tip of the mouthpiece
That is a 18 to 14mm reducer, the small side hole is just little bit smaller than the vapcap mp, so that could made a seal.

@paehtod nice! Is that a d020-d with a 14 to 10mm reducer?

Yeah this is the D020D with 18 to 14mm reducer, i saw your post looking for cheap glass from DHgate, just pick one from some good reputation seller, you will be very happy when vapcap mated with glass:tup:

Sorry I am very busy on shit work recently, reply so late:ko:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
FYI, azarius in amsterdam has 18M sandblasted for all you lego collectors out there

http://imgur.com/gallery/gPypyfK

Pretty sure that's the original 2017 sandblasted M. Looks like it and I don't think DV have made any sandblasted '18Ms..

But if that's what someone is after... PM me. I have a brand new 18M that was meant for someone who didn't want it ☹️ could sandblast and part with it for the (UK) cost of an M.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
how?? are you leaving the carb hole partially open?

My technique is to heat the centre of the cap with my dual flame z-plus lighter. Then take a gentle ish draw until the click, or often I stop a bit before. I don't touch the carb hole, it is fully open. I get 3-4 cycles on the smallest bowl setting of my ti-tips. two of them will be awesome the other two vary.

As I said before I get big tasty and effective clouds with this method.

The above is my current heating method, a month or two ago it was a triple torch and more varied positioning. The weather changes, your material varies. Whatever the best method is right now, might not be the best method next month. Mix it up if you think your dynavap's current performance isn't what it was a few weeks/months back

FYI - The free shipping codes flying around work with the current sale. So no need for the M purchase to get free shipping :)

EDIT: An hour after I made my order and posted the above, a chat with another forum member has lead me to realise DV seem to have now temporarily removed the coupon code box from the checkout pages for the sale. . . . fair enough. .

I just picked up a spare Z-plus torch, but had to buy it as the "2 torch kit" as DV told me they won't be selling it as an individual item for a while as their suppliers are out of stock. Can't seem to find the z-plus lighter with the case/shell included out side of the USA.

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mrb the z plus will fit in any standard zippo. Mine lives happily in my old army zip.
Yup, thank you.

The lighter in the uk costs £19. Adding a case makes it nearly 2x as expensive.
Not a big issue, but DV have just provided a way for me to get it for £15 with a another lighter included..
(£15 and free shipping means no import duties:tup:)

I'm not proud of making such a tiny order with free shipping... But the offer is there and why am i going to feel bad when everyone else will be doing it to.. (or NOT see edit: 4 posts back)

Last edited:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
So, I ordered a silo and launchpad in anticipation of the dynavap sale.

My question is should I also get the dynastash while it’s on sale, or would that just be redundant.

Any input from owners of either would be great!

Skunkport

The only function the stash has that's useful imo, is the mounted magnet. Otherwise it's just added weight and size. I can see that being handy outdoors to put your vapcap down, since you're not going to carry your launchpad around, but I'm not sure whether it's worth it.

There was a sand-blasted M stem only on UK Ebay a couple of days ago, but it's not there now. Looking around, apparently there was a limited edition from Dynavap of them in 2017.
I'm reading that it was a cock-up, because they not only sandblasted the body...they sandblasted the actual tip, which made the cap stick.

303in84.jpg

The Sandblasted Cap | Sandblasted Stainless Steel Tip | Stainless Steel CCD | Standard SS Condenser | Sandblasted M Body | 2x Condenser O-Rings | 3x High Temp O-Rings.

Dear valued customer,
We are excited to announce the creation of something very special, The Sandblasted M. Underneath it’s rugged surface is our efficient and familiar VapCap® “M”.
During the process of creating this model the Cap, Tip, and Stem have all been sandblasted to give this special limited run VapCap a more tactile look and feel.
The Sandblasted M was produced as a limited quantity test run and will be available only as supplies last. This version of the VapCap will be available to the public beginning October 13th.

TaterLog

Real Human [baked] Bean
So my M came in yesterday. I don't have to tell you how pleased I am, as I'm sure all of you remember the first time with your VC.

I want to take advantage of the discount period as much as possible. I've got a Ti tip sitting in my cart on the site now. Any other recs on things that could possibly enhance the experience?

Also, where does everyone get their butane from? And what's your favorite brand?

Thanks in advance . Happy Friday!

kushkush

happy camper....
FYI - The free shipping codes flying around work with the current sale. So no need for the M purchase to get free shipping :)

EDIT: An hour after I made my order and posted the above, a chat with another forum member has lead me to realise DV seem to have now temporarily removed the coupon code box from the checkout pages for the sale. . . . fair enough. .

I just put a tip and a couple caps and the little snapstash containers in my Cart...and will wait for that free shipping...if it never happens this year or next along with this kind of sale, I lose. That’s okay, for these are things I want, not things I need. :)

:2c:

jds

So my M came in yesterday. I don't have to tell you how pleased I am, as I'm sure all of you remember the first time with your VC.

I want to take advantage of the discount period as much as possible. I've got a Ti tip sitting in my cart on the site now. Any other recs on things that could possibly enhance the experience?

Also, where does everyone get their butane from? And what's your favorite brand?

Thanks in advance . Happy Friday!

Throw in some extra screens and o-rings if you haven't already, they'll come in handy later. If you can swing the money for an extra cap that can always be useful too, since you never know when you might crush one or lose one.

Free shipping on orders that include an "M" Vaporizer -

I don't believe small orders like a couple caps and a tip are going to get free shipping. Not from the Dynavap web site anyway.

I believe Puffitup will give the best price, including shipping, during this sale. (Unless of course, you buy an M or M package).

This did not seem clear to some of the posters above about the M being required for free shipping.

Last edited:
Hackerman,
Reactions: TaterLog

Skunkport

If you like bongs, a VONG stem or Fat Mouthpiece will let you use it with glass. The Snapstash are pretty good, I'm not sure if any of the lighters are worthwhile.

Top Bottom