• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mr.Sifter

Also, heating again at or close to the cool down click with a smaller load......might be a good reason to wait 5-10 seconds after the click and go from there.

thats sounds reasonable.
will try that.

I'd forget the small bowl size, cause you can use less herb in a full bowl. Just don't fill it much. A smaller bowl will be more heat sensitive.

how do you guys microdose.
i bought the nonavong because of the ti tip and the adjustable bowl size.
so 0.025g in a fullsize bowl is the same as in the smallest chamber size but easier to regulate temperature?

The air intake is the carborator. It restricts air to get richer hits. Less air makes it hotter. You can use your finger to feather or adjust air flow to what suits you. I pull hard with a mouth pull, with finger on carb, then open the carb. I'm sure you'll find your own technique.

when i block the "carborator" the vapor changes instantaneously to thick and I can see moving swaths in the bubbler. Smoke like behaviour when exhaled. Not smoke. A heavy heavy vapor. Like smoke's little brother.

I confess I operate it not like it is intended to.
There is so much praise around for this device. There must be more to it than I experience.

Last edited:

LabPong

how do you guys microdose.
i bought the nonavong because of the ti tip and the adjustable bowl size.
so 0.025g in a fullsize bowl is the same as in the smallest chamber size but easier to regulate temperature?

I would say yes it is easier to regulate the temps....but more so this will allow you to just take 1 draw or so when you want. With a larger load size, you can just use up say 25% or 30% and come back later. Something like....take a draw or two...come back later and do it again.....then maybe 1 more pending on load type and such. But also, do not leave the vapcap sitting in your water unit....the flower will pick up moisture easily.

Normally if I do something like this...it is usually do half the load now...then later the other half. You will probably get some loss of the taste separating the load to multiple sessions...but you will just learn to tailor your use as needed when you put in more time. Really....it will all of a sudden just start coming together after you try very subtle differences in heating it up and how you use it. Even though I sort of understood it all ....it took me experiences of combusting to get it all working with me being able to control it. That said....we all probably combust enough just being too medicated sometimes...haaaa That is how I always combust....I either did not hear the heat up click.......or I did not wait for the cool off click....clicking too soon before the cool down click was the biggest reason for me.

when i block the "carborator" the vapor changes instantaneously to thick and I can see moving swaths in the bubbler. Smoke like behaviour when exhaled. Not smoke. A heavy heavy vapor. Like smoke's little brother.

Yup.....sometimes when I exhale a draw....it seems like it is even thicker or I can see more particles in it compared to a exhale of combustion. Color is totally strain dependent....as I have noticed some looking yellowish...or I thought.

I confess I operate it not like it is intended to.
There is so much praise around for this device. There must be more to it than I experience.

I think that is the best part about the vapcaps....they can be used in so many different ways.

Mr.Sifter

I am under the impression that I raise the chamber's temperature by blocking the airhole.
that is not possible since there is no fire.

again, my AVB looks allright.
where does the thick smokish vapor come from.
no other vape does this.
are you sure it is the "harmless vapor" we are used to from other products?
(yeah yeah, vapor ist never save and healthy.... oh I read the threads. ;) )

Kalessin

I am under the impression that I raise the chamber's temperature by blocking the airhole.

again, my AVB looks allright.
where does the thick smokish vapor come from.
no other vape does this.
are you sure it is the "harmless vapor" we are used to from other products?
(yeah yeah, vapor ist never save and healthy.... oh I read the threads. ;) )
one of the cool things about the vapcap is the way it manipulates the pressure differential in the bowl. I'm not a scientific expert or anything, but as it's been explained to me, the restriction on the vapcap is so tight that when you block the airflow and keep pulling it actual changes things inside the bowl enough to lower the boiling point of the chemicals. So you can actually get MORE vapor than you could before even though there isn't any more heat. Okay now someone Science-y come through and correct my mistakes

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I've not tried acetone but have seen it recommended elsewhere. @Alex03 48 hours is long time to wait if it's your only stem.
Iso is my preferred solvent, as @Winegums points out with acetone, Iso will also strip out oils etc from wood.
If you do need to do a thorough clean then I would recommend putting some kind of finish back into the wood.
Have to admit that unless I combust really bad I just carry on until the bad taste is gone.

@Mr.Sifter if your AVB shows no signs of combustion then there is no way you could have.
When I got my first Ti tip there were many times when a toke took me by surprise and I was sure it had caught, emptied the bowl and checked. No signs at all.
I found a triple to give a more even heat avoiding any hot spots. They are readily available online as are other jet configuration torches. And they come cheap so it won't break the bank getting the right torch to suit your needs.

IntoTheVoid

Pride Goeth Before A Fall
I smoked JOINT's when I was RECREATIONAL.
When I got sick it was MEDICAL.

I was just seeing what your need was?
I'm a ASS at times? (sorry)
No offence taken. I’m pretty thick skinned. I’m ex military and police. I served 12 years and got out in 2007 so if you do the math you can figure out some things I’ve been involved with. I have PTSD which was never really treated until my wife forced me to see a shrink in 2012. She thought I was either gonna hurt myself or someone else. I got some tools to cope but didn’t want to touch pharmaceuticals. The stress got me to a point where IBS, skin rashes and some other issues developed. Also in 2010 I was hit by a car and after my fibula, tibia and ankle were demolished I went though a few surgeries to fix me. Now I’m left with chronic arthritic pain and nerve damage.

Anyway, a little green a day helps keep me right. I was a recreational user in high school. Gravely against it my entire govt career, and now a true believer. Plus I relocated to Canada from the US with my wife in 2008 (she’s Canadian) and got my citizenship. It’s a lot easier to justify a toke up here. No one bats an eye at you.

Mr.Sifter

one of the cool things about the vapcap is the way it manipulates the pressure differential in the bowl. I'm not a scientific expert or anything, but as it's been explained to me, the restriction on the vapcap is so tight that when you block the airflow and keep pulling it actual changes things inside the bowl enough to lower the boiling point of the chemicals. So you can actually get MORE vapor than you could before even though there isn't any more heat. Okay now someone Science-y come through and correct my mistakes

WOW,
who knows more about that?
very interesting.
the vapcap makes something different. thats for sure.
more chemicals beeing released by lowering the boiling point through air blockage which manipulates "pressure differential" (?)

I understand half of it and i find it crazy good.

lets hope these extra released goodies are ok.
it adds tothe effect for sure.
what about harmfull ones getting relevant under these manipulated settings.

I want to like it and to get better at working a technique out.
But i dont want to neglect SOLO and hopper (sold mighty) for a device that is potential... nah, dont get me started.
you know what i mean...

what is this witchcraft ? :D

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I personally wouldn't use ISO on wooden stems but would go for moonshine or ever clear or high proof grain whiskey whatever they call it in your area, small amount and dry after as much as you can to prevent cracking. Always keep wood conditioned and it will look good for a really long time. I've combusted so many times with a different wood vape and it tastes great and looks even better just with general maintenance that takes less than 5 minutes. Your dynavap deserves it.

My brother has fully converted to the vape side thanks to my old m. He continues to tell me how much he regrets not switching sooner. I wanna say thanks to George for that!

I need to pick up some more dynavap gear during my t break..

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
No offence taken. I’m pretty thick skinned. I’m ex military and police. I served 12 years and got out in 2007 so if you do the math you can figure out some things I’ve been involved with. I have PTSD which was never really treated until my wife forced me to see a shrink in 2012. She thought I was either gonna hurt myself or someone else. I got some tools to cope but didn’t want to touch pharmaceuticals. The stress got me to a point where IBS, skin rashes and some other issues developed. Also in 2010 I was hit by a car and after my fibula, tibia and ankle were demolished I went though a few surgeries to fix me. Now I’m left with chronic arthritic pain and nerve damage.

Anyway, a little green a day helps keep me right. I was a recreational user in high school. Gravely against it my entire govt career, and now a true believer. Plus I relocated to Canada from the US with my wife in 2008 (she’s Canadian) and got my citizenship. It’s a lot easier to justify a toke up here. No one bats an eye at you.
QJNZPmd.jpg

Remember the movie; "WAYNE'S WORLD"?
I retired at 52 so I can be behind the current trend considering CANNABIS?
I have friend's who R NAVY SEAL'S in their young gun dayz. Most of them do races between the SANDWICH ISLAND these dayz. (SUP's)

CANNABIS keep's me alive.

The VAP CAP "M" F^ck's me up?

I planned to have a session with 5 loads?
Only 2 could I reach?

Maybe I'm not as powerful like I was as a YOUNG GUN?

The "M" is economical and a great medical device.

I had to use this $8.00 TORCH today.

In CALIFORNIA no hassles. (Just don't watch new's)
Most of my family is CALIFORNIAN so it's hard to live somewhere else?
Some R in AUSTRALIA however see them 3 - 4 times a year.
I go to FRANCE to see my wife's family.
They think it's like the WILD WEST in the STATE's!
The Food is really good there.

I thought we had strong weed then?
Boy was I wrong?

Last edited:

IntoTheVoid

Pride Goeth Before A Fall
QJNZPmd.jpg

Remember the movie; "WAYNE'S WORLD"?
I retired at 52 so I can be behind the current trend considering CANNABIS?
I have friend's who R NAVY SEAL'S in their young gun dayz. Most of them do races between the SANDWICH ISLAND these dayz. (SUP's)

CANNABIS keep's me alive.

The VAP CAP "M" F^ck's me up?

I planned to have a session with 5 loads?
Only 2 could I reach?

Maybe I'm not as powerful like I was as a YOUNG GUN?

The "M" is economical and a great medical device.

I had to use this $8.00 TORCH today.

In CALIFORNIA no hassles. (Just don't watch new's)
Which is why I treasure the VapCap. Even with the full bowl, .1 is plenty for me. I tend to use about half capacity depending on the strain. Anything up to 15%THC and I’ll use the full size. Above that I micro on my Omni with the smallest setting. I have a strain that’s 7% THC and 20% CBD that I can smash all day if I need to. It’s like “Green advil” for me. It’s grown locally.

I generally don’t enjoy being smashed out of my mind. I have some responsibilities that require my full attention so I keep it light and only when needed. 1 or 2 caps a day max for me.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Which is why I treasure the VapCap. Even with the full bowl, .1 is plenty for me. I tend to use about half capacity depending on the strain. Anything up to 15%THC and I’ll use the full size. Above that I micro on my Omni with the smallest setting. I have a strain that’s 7% THC and 20% CBD that I can smash all day if I need to. It’s like “Green advil” for me. It’s grown locally.

I generally don’t enjoy being smashed out of my mind. I have some responsibilities that require my full attention so I keep it light and only when needed. 1 or 2 caps a day max for me.
About 1 once a month more or less with vaporizing.
With this "M" VAP CAP maybe a 1/2 OZ per month?
MEDICATING help's me STUDY?
I READ so FAST?
Why is it against the LAW? (some places)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Lets keep in mind we are also reducing the dilution of vapor to room temperature air when blocking the carb, which at the very least, simulates a thicker, denser rip.

Personally I'm skeptical that the lungs are powerful enough to pull a sufficient vacuum capable of reducing the boiling point of these cannabinoids and terpenes on any noticeable scale. If you've ever vacuum purged anything you'll know what I mean.

They claim a directional flow carb cap when dabbing also reduces boiling point, but those carbs have a hole in the middle which goes against the logic of pulling a vacuum.

WarpaintFree

that could be true.
only tried the smallest chamber setting for now.

I am not a total "newbie".
I read lots here and saw a few heating videos on youtube.

0.025g in my Ti Cap heated aiming at the top.
click, draw.
second cycle aiming for the middle.
click, draw
more vapor, when I block the air intake it becomes thick as smoke almost yellowish in the bubbler.

a third cycle ends in combustion no matter where i am the torch at.
and yes, most of the times i register and respect the cool down click.
still thats my biggest challenge.

Is it normal to thicken the vapor so strong by blocking the air intake.
its like i can cook the chamber by blooking the hole while i am drawing from the bubbler.

its normal for fire to burn hotter when given more oxygen pulled through it but i never had this effect with vapor.

In my experience, it is easier to combust with the tip set to the smaller settings. There is less mass of material to absorb the heat energy transferred from the tip.

I would recommend stopping after the second cycle with that tiny load. You might try making sure the tip is completely cool between heat cycles, but I think trying to extract three times from that small load is going to result in a bad experience.

On another note, I am intimately familiar with major depression and anxiety, as I've experienced these cyclically for the last 15 years (including an intense cycle this year, which is ongoing at present).

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk about feeling in a dark place.

Boden

Aspie polymath
“it actual changes things inside the bowl enough to lower the boiling point of the chemicals.”

Theoretically yes... some tiny fraction of a degree. Tiny. :)

Lets keep in mind we are also reducing the dilution of vapor to room temperature air when blocking the carb, which at the very least, simulates a thicker, denser rip.

Personally I'm skeptical that the lungs are powerful enough to pull a sufficient vacuum capable of reducing the boiling point of these cannabinoids and terpenes on any noticeable scale. If you've ever vacuum purged anything you'll know what I mean.

They claim a directional flow carb cap when dabbing also reduces boiling point, but those carbs have a hole in the middle which goes against the logic of pulling a vacuum.
“we are also reducing the dilution of vapor to room temperature air when blocking the carb, which at the very least, simulates a thicker, denser rip.”

Closing the carb also increases the amount of air flowing through the spiral paths and flowing more heat through the herb. Thus faster extraction.

In my experience, it is easier to combust with the tip set to the smaller settings. There is less mass of material to absorb the heat energy transferred from the tip.

I would recommend stopping after the second cycle with that tiny load. You might try making sure the tip is completely cool between heat cycles, but I think trying to extract three times from that small load is going to result in a bad experience.

On another note, I am intimately familiar with major depression and anxiety, as I've experienced these cyclically for the last 15 years (including an intense cycle this year, which is ongoing at present).

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk about feeling in a dark place.

Agreed, in my experience two cycles is the limit for a small load.

Does anyone else set the cap out from the end? I set mine so all the cooling fins are exposed. Edge of cap about halfway in the first groove.

Figure that gives a bit less restriction. Plus the cap out away from the load seems to facilitate a more even heating.

I apply single jet heat to the center of the cap (on the side)

Boden

vapshift

Company Rep
For those of you who were watching DynaVap Live on YouTube tonight, we had some technical difficulties :doh: which made our live stream challenging to watch. We made 2 live attempts, both with a bad lag:cuss:. Fortunately I recorded the second attempt, which I've uploaded to our channel:

We were attempting to make the switch from smartphone to a professional camera feeding to my laptop and it seems the DynaVap office internet didn't like that. Back to the drawing board.

Alas, I will be troubleshooting my process the rest of this week so that we can continue to bring our awesome fans a weekly live show! :cheers:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Smoke like behaviour when exhaled. Not smoke. A heavy heavy vapor. Like smoke's little brother.
I like this line a lot. "Smoke's little brother". :)
tomorrow i will by something like this here.
crack house style.
Don't do it. It's not necessary and will lead to too much heat for a VC.
Blocking the air hole DOES raise the temp, by forcing all the air to pass by the hot cap.
what about harmfull ones getting relevant under these manipulated settings.
There are none. Short of combustion or moldy weed there is really nothing to hurt you vaping cannabis. Combustion has some poisons (benzene and carbon monoxide for example) but vaping releases nothing but the components nature put in the weed.
I want to like it and to get better at working a technique out.
But i dont want to neglect SOLO and hopper (sold mighty)
No reason not to use all your vapes in different circumstances. Many of us use a whole slew of different vapes.
what is this witchcraft
Maybe. More like magic.
Does anyone else set the cap out from the end? I set mine so all the cooling fins are exposed. Edge of cap about halfway in the first groove.
Any time I have tried leaving the cap up the tip a little, it drops back down as soon as I start taking the hit. It sucks the cap back down to fully seated.

asdf420

Don't do it. It's not necessary and will lead to too much heat for a VC.
Not ideal I guess, but it'll work. need extra care, don't have the gas open too much. My torch (originally got it for dabs) is much like that one.. but I ran out of butane, lol

I suppose blocking the carb hole doesn't increase the temperature of the cap, but since there is no cold air mixing in, the overall vapor is gonna be much hotter. And since more air is flowing through the cap/tip... maybe it'll "hit" the vaporizable more? and the tip will cool down faster

Last edited:
Top Bottom