• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Squiby

Doing anything in the extreme cold is unpleasant. We are in for cold temps here in Ontario for the next ten days. I'll be staying indoors as much as possible. The wood stove is burning hot and long, never really ever going out, just a steady burn. It keeps the living areas wonderfully toasty. Each night, in my bedroom, I burn a fire in the fireplace.

I burn 3-4 full cords every winter depending on the weather. The wood keeps me warm twice; first it keeps me warm splitting and stacking it. Then it keeps me warm again when I burn it.

My favorite wood to burn is Ash. It burns hot and clean and produces very little ash. I only have one cord of it stacked inside this year. The rest is mixed hardwoods.

Mind you -20°C is actually pretty mild compared to my younger years living in the Canadian prairies. Brutally cold there with winds to match. I'm grateful to be living in a more temperate climate these days.

Everything is relative.

IntoTheVoid

Pride Goeth Before A Fall
I remember in my military days, being stationed in Minot ND for 2 years. That place got cold. But again after -50f you kinda can’t feel the difference lol. After all these years I’ve lived in extreme heat and extreme cold and I take the cold every time. You can always put layers on. But you can’t take enough off lol.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Everything is relative.

I just hug Moose.

MJhRyPe.jpg

Boden

Aspie polymath
34F and drizzlefog here in Portland OR.

Sorry for interrupting the off topic fest but I gots a quandary.

;)

I think I’m in need of a small (short like a puck) water pipe for use with a Vap.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Links to appropriate threads will also be appreciated :)

Boden,
Reactions: stark1

stark1

Lonesome Planet
BTW it's 80° here in LA. I had to turn the A/C on all day. :p

:peace:

NOOOoo! LA is burning? hot! ;) Not.

OK.

Ma, my M makes me consume an inordinate amount of choco!

Maybe becuz its a hawt! 10 degrees down here south, in the Springfield, Ma area? :evil::rofl:

My condensers from the frigid cheese capital is due in, if weather permits, on Friday!

More toys to make! —Remember to tune in on VapCap tomorrow! :cheers:

rk3ihLZ.jpg

Last edited:

Mr.Sifter

Ok, I combusted again in my nonavong.

condenser and tip are in ISO bath.
but how to get rid of the smell in the wooden tube nonavong?

I tried to rub it with olive oil on the in- and outside.
it got better but still there is this foul smell.

CIWYW

I think you just need to vape (!) a couple of bowls through it again to get the foul smell out.

I just cleaned my M. Goddamn, surprised me in how clean the drawing became.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Looked it up

Sprinkle BAKING SODA on the body/stem.
Spray WHITE VINEGAR lightly over the baking soda; let it sit for some time.

After, respect the click.

If it works, please be positive. :nod: Discard baking soda. :D

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Looked it up

Sprinkle BAKING SODA on the body/stem.
Spray WHITE VINEGAR lightly over the baking soda; let it sit for some time.

After, respect the click.

If it works, please be positive. :nod: Discard baking soda. :D

@stark1, I'm wouldn't put baking soda or vinegar on a wood stem w/o hearing from the experts.

@phattpiggie, @Winegums, what do you suggest to rid the foul odor due to combustion? Thanks!

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mrsifter sorry you’re in a bad place.
I know it sounds obvious and condescending and doesn’t account for the actual events in your life.. but try and find the small joys in life, a cozy fire, heater or stove, a beautiful blue sky, a fantastically fierce storm etc ask yourself how sad you would be if you never got to experience that small joy again. . . Or maybe YouTube dog/cat videos?
Best wishes to you from the UK :tup:

Last edited:

Godspeed

honestly, I do not know how to be positive.
sounds sad but I really dont know how I can pretend to be happy.
cant see good things in my life right now.
pretty dark place

sorry for the off topic.

Hello @Mr.Sifter -

I am sorry that you are combusting with your M and that you are feeling in a dark place. It may be that you were hoping that the M will deliver the appropriate vapor to pull you out of your depression, and when it does not go as planned I can appreciate and understand your frustration.

Those without depression can not fully understand how completely debilitating this illness can be.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and look forward to you mastering the M.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@stark1, I'm wouldn't put baking soda or vinegar on a wood stem w/o hearing from the experts.

@phattpiggie, @Winegums, what do you suggest to rid the foul odor due to combustion? Thanks!

I honestly don't have much experience getting the smell of smoke out of wood. Accidental combustion is one of the reasons I use metal liners my stems. Even so, when I have combusted in my metal lined pieces I haven't noticed any smell in the stem. Perhaps since I was using an Omni at the time the tiny bit of air flow prevented the smoke from touching the stem.

Baking soda and vinegar aren't going to be great for your wood, either of them are going to cause some damage over time that you won't notice at first. I think some light scrubbing with an isopropanol soaked swab would be best. Just enough to remove what's on the surface, no soaking.

I'm really not sure what else can be done? If it were my piece I would bore it out to 8.5mm and drop in a 0.25mm wall tube.

Top Bottom