Guys!

Let me ask you a little question. These days I have some BHO (it is something "rare", where I live), and I was thinking to have my first OmniVap experience with a good BHO shot. However, I do not have any degummed hemp fiber. Can anyone provide a (simple yet working) alternative to vaporise BHO with the OmniVap?

Thank you all!

Summer

Long Island, NY
@InhaleExhale, not to worry, Dynavap will make it right. You'll just have to be patient for several more days until the correct stem is delivered to you. And, yes, of course you feel disappointed, but when you finally get the right stem you're gonna be so happy.

For now, I'd watch dynavap's videos on youtube & practice taking the vc apart & putting it back together & removing the screen. Familiarize yourself with the vape. Get yourself all set up with the how tos of it & you'll be ready to jump in when the correct stem arrives. You see, you got the right omni condenser & tip & cap, you just need the right wooden vong stem. Post when you hear back from Dynavap. :nod: You'll be inhaling & exhaling (pun intended ;)) before you know it.

@Willy, you'll have to wait for others to pipe in as I'm not familiar w/ hash oil, but in lieu of hemp or organic cotton, would something like this work?

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/#post-1145395 ?

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Guys!

Let me ask you a little question. These days I have some BHO (it is something "rare", where I live), and I was thinking to have my first OmniVap experience with a good BHO shot. However, I do not have any degummed hemp fiber. Can anyone provide a (simple yet working) alternative to vaporise BHO with the OmniVap?

Thank you all!
If you have fine steel mesh or pipe screens you can cut and stack them to make a concentrate pad. I put a CCD on the top of the DIY pad to make it all neat and tidy. In my experience metal mesh works far better for concentrates over DGHF.

Edit: When you're using the concentrates you only need a half a rice grain sized piece to get big clouds going. I suggest heating at the bottom of the cap to get it quite hot for concentrates.

WarpaintFree

@WarpaintFree - herbal vapes are most efficient with dry, cured bud and if I ever get bud that is not quite ripe I put it in my dynastash overnight and next day I'm blowing clouds!

I keep my bud in mason jars with 58% Boveda packs, and it vapes perfectly.

When I say the Dynastash dries the bud out, I mean dry as in bone dry, dry as dust! And within about a half-day. It's a tiny powerful desiccant chamber.

Another concern is the natural toxicity of cedarwood. It doesn't bother my physiology, but some people can be quite allergic to it. I wouldn't want to share a capful with someone and have a bad experience.

The dimension of Dynastash XL: 128mm x 51mm x 20mm thk.
Herb Chamber: approximately 20mm x 15mm x 55mm depth

ZuqMwYCm.jpg
7TEnsC4m.jpg
jZtpPcmm.jpg
2rYM6fam.jpg
A4j6VxTm.jpg
F4jE0bJm.jpg
Vx1rMbLm.jpg

Thanks a million for this @paehtod! I will measure the body of my Omni to correct the depth, as I have a standard model 'Stash rather than the XL.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@WarpaintFree, I wonder if you have the small 2" x 2" boveda packs could you stuff one in both sides of the cedar stash to see if you can up the humidity in the wood? Obviously, if the cedar is that dry you're gonna have to keep putting fresh packs in & how about putting 2 large boveda packs around the stash on the outside & putting the whole thing in a plastic bag? I'm sure the cedar will be especially dry in the winter because of lack of air humidity. But, you can always use it strictly for drying out overly moist weed by putting your daily allottment in the night before so it'll be drier for vaping the next day. It's a thought. Oh, keep it in the bathroom where you shower to soak up humidity.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
When I say the Dynastash dries the bud out, I mean dry as in bone dry, dry as dust! And within about a half-day. It's a tiny powerful desiccant chamber.
I don't doubt this at all, Cedar is low density and would act like a sponge for moisture. The denser exotic woods shouldn't dry things out as quickly.

Another concern is the natural toxicity of cedarwood. It doesn't bother my physiology, but some people can be quite allergic to it. I wouldn't want to share a capful with someone and have a bad experience.
Yellow cedar makes me sneeze for hours if my dad does some cutting with it in the shop. Even being mildly allergic to it is not fun. On that note there's a lot of woods that are toxic and sensitizing, I try to keep away from working on Rosewood and Cocobolo for this reason.

PS: I read your username as Warp ain't free
animation5.gif

@Summer and @Winegums Would normal cotton do the trick? I don't think I have anything metallic... :'(
Cotton should work but it can impart a bit of flavour to the vapour. Most gas stations and all smoke shops should have pipe screens.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Yes, normal cotton would work fine, but be aware that non-organic cotton is a GMO product that's been sprayed with glyphosate, i.e. Roundup, & maybe 1 of several other pesticides. Can't you call some local pharmacies & ask if they have organic cotton or hemp? Also Amazon, & ebay for fine screen mesh & pipe screens as Winegums suggested.

passenger

is this thing on?
Is using an Induction Heater the best way to avoid a change of color of the tip? I know there is a slight golden hue with the IH, but would that appear on the ti tip as well?

passenger,

WarpaintFree

@WarpaintFree, I wonder if you have the small 2" x 2" boveda packs could you stuff one in both sides of the cedar stash to see if you can up the humidity in the wood? Obviously, if the cedar is that dry you're gonna have to keep putting fresh packs in & how about putting 2 large boveda packs around the stash on the outside & putting the whole thing in a plastic bag? I'm sure the cedar will be especially dry in the winter because of lack of air humidity. But, you can always use it strictly for drying out overly moist weed by putting your daily allottment in the night before so it'll be drier for vaping the next day. It's a thought. Oh, keep it in the bathroom where you shower to soak up humidity.

I've thought about trying to humidify the wood, but it seems like a war of attrition to me.

I don't doubt this at all, Cedar is low density and would act like a sponge for moisture. The denser exotic woods shouldn't dry things out as quickly.

Yellow cedar makes me sneeze for hours if my dad does some cutting with it in the shop. Even being mildly allergic to it is not fun. On that note there's a lot of woods that are toxic and sensitizing, I try to keep away from working on Rosewood and Cocobolo for this reason.

PS: I read your username as Warp ain't free
animation5.gif

Cotton should work but it can impart a bit of flavour to the vapour. Most gas stations and all smoke shops should have pipe screens.

Cedar is a horse of a different colour, for sure. It's crazy how fast it dulls blades and bits, given it's low density. It sure smells nice though! I use soap and oil with cedar in them all the time.

LOL... Given the laws of thermodynamics, I suppose warp ain't free, is it? Where did I put my dilithium crystals???

WarpaintFree

I'm so confused, I thought it was "war paint free". I wonder about where some folks get their nickname. Mine comes from the Harley I ride, '97 Dynalowrider. Doc

You are correct; it has to do with a change in my perspective on life, right around when I joined FC Forums.

Being a sci-fi geek, I can live with @Winegums interpretation in a pinch!

Summer

Long Island, NY
My favorite season is summer as my favorite place in the world is the beach. Love the smell of the ocean, the sound of the waves, the sand beneath my feet, the sun on my skin, the smell of coconut suntan lotion. And, of course, I love the color of the island waters, hence the turquoise color of the font in my signature.

Heck, @Dynalowrider, I don't wonder about the names as I wonder most about the avatars. When I came here 5 mos. ago most of the avatar's I found either creepy or gross. :o But, I've adjusted. :D So why the moose?

Last edited:

LabPong

Go for it....that one works perfect. I have one and use it all the time with my Ti unit. Not close enough to your face to worry about any problems....believe me....been using it for months on end. For that price...you could not ask for a more economic and good quality use water unit. I love the smooth rim of the mouthpiece. I wish my D020-D mouthpiece was as smooth.

Also, so good that you finally got a Dynavap......hope you figure it out quick and are happy with it's abilities. Which I think you will since you mentioned you would like to micro-dose. In my opinion....nothing comes as close to a vapcap as far as micro-dosing and economic use and longevity of your flowers! Congrats Mr. Sifter...I was worried you would not actually ever get one to understand it first hand.....yet you pulled the trigger....good job! :tup:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Heck, @Dynalowrider, I don't wonder about the names as I wonder most about the avatars. When I came here 5 mos. ago most of the avatar's I found either creepy or gross. :o But, I've adjusted.
Then there are those of us with constantly changing avatars who may desire untethered impressions that don't remain fixed for long. Rolling stones if you will... :ninja:

In the end, I haven't been able to hold it until the night, and I just gave it a try with flower. As of now, all I can say is: (1) that using the hole seems crucial to get the desired results; (2) that it requires incredibly little amounts to get you fine-tuned. I'm going to keep trying with flower and let's see how it goes tonight with BHO later on. :D

Is using an Induction Heater the best way to avoid a change of color of the tip? I know there is a slight golden hue with the IH, but would that appear on the ti tip as well?

I LOVE the decoloration that it gets with heating.

PS: As many said before, it's IMPRESSIVE how light and tiny this killer is.

PS2: For some strange reason, I was just filling the cap and all of a sudden I asked myself... What the hell am I doing? XD

EDIT: after the second bowl:

1) I can confirm the relevance of the hole. Is it just me?

2) Why do we call it click when it is actually more some kind of "click-clock"?

3) I'm now kind of sure that the XL is worth it. I think that even slightly longer would not hurt!

4) I don't know for SS, but Titanium hets and cools incredibly fast. Amazed.

5) A three torch lighter is nice, but I wonder how a 4 is. I just don't like waiting for two long 'cos I hate the noise of the lighter when it's on.

EDIT 2: after third bowl:

6) Taste is always awesome. Just awesome. Always!

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
In the end, I haven't been able to hold it until the night, and I just gave it a try with flower. As of now, all I can say is: (1) that using the hole seems crucial to get the desired results; (2) that it requires incredibly little amounts to get you fine-tuned. I'm going to keep trying with flower and let's see how it goes tonight with BHO later on. :D

I LOVE the decoloration that it gets with heating.

PS: As many said before, it's IMPRESSIVE how light and tiny this killer is.

PS2: For some strange reason, I was just filling the cap and all of a sudden I asked myself... What the hell am I doing? XD

EDIT: after the second bowl:

1) I can confirm the relevance of the hole.

2) Why do we call it click when it is actually more some kind of "click-clock"?

Glad you’re enjoying it!

Just as an FYI - you should continue to experiment even after you think you’ve found your preferred technique. . .

I originally thought I liked the carb hole fully closed, then a made a band that half covered it, then I realised I preferred it fully open. . . . But on my very first day, I remember I only had success with a closed carb!?

I was hooked on my first day, but it wasn’t for a week or so that i truelly fell in love with it.

NizzyJones

Yeah, I pretty much always ride the carb/air intake.

It's really two clicks, if you heat more slowly you'll hear them come separately.

Yeah, I just got a vong and an XLS condenser kit yesterday from the sale, wasn't sure what I'd put the XLS on (the possibilities of an infinite future multiply) but for now I decided to pop the kit on the old woody and was surprised how much difference it makes.

Top Bottom