CalyxSmokr

CAMP RING KIT. Spark plug 'M' with ear clips and silicone tubing. :sherlock: Dynavap tube + Cap puller. There is a magnet inside the silicone end that is visibly wedged over the bottom of the tube.
Eagle single torch and rugged Alcohol stove filled with 99% ISO. Dry bag.

Found a camp ring near a windy vista. This is the mission that any VC signed up for when it came to me. :mental:e

Made a tiny rock stove out of loose rocks. Put my hand near the flame and let the cap set on one of the vents. Oh cmon, When is it going to...Click. :drool:
Got the hang of it with less apprehension of flames licking the airpath causing combustion or my hand hairs singeing off. :haw: Broke camp and left a few improvements on the existing ring. Otherwise left no trace.:D

Vrrw6PH.jpg
what size silicone fits around the M? I want to try that as a 14mm song adapter

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

hinglemccringleberry

Some differences I 've noticed so far between the two tips
-Maybe it's just my idea,but it seems that the vapor produced by the Ti tip ,
is somewhat cooler and more tasty ,than the vapor produced by the SS tip.
(at least for the first couple of hits/tokes ) .

!
This makes me glad I got a Ti but its the opposite of another persons impressions from earlier in the thread. Just goes to show how subjective taste evaluations can be.

indicandescent

Dismembered Member
So after several sessions with my M I am still not getting great results and if anybody has any helpful hints I'd love to know. I took the M "apart" and put it back together. When heating I have tried focusing my dual jet lighter on the lower portion of the cap so as not to click too soon. I have even resorted to heating for an extra second and a half post click on the top of the cap but I still get practically zero vapor. What am I doing wrong? I expect some level of learning curve with a new device but I'm stumped. My herb is getting light to mid brown after two or three firings, so there is definitely heating taking place but I'm not really getting high. Help?

hinglemccringleberry

So after several sessions with my M I am still not getting great results and if anybody has any helpful hints I'd love to know. I took the M "apart" and put it back together. When heating I have tried focusing my dual jet lighter on the lower portion of the cap so as not to click too soon. I have even resorted to heating for an extra second and a half post click on the top of the cap but I still get practically zero vapor. What am I doing wrong? I expect some level of learning curve with a new device but I'm stumped. My herb is getting light to mid brown after two or three firings, so there is definitely heating taking place but I'm not really getting high. Help?

are you using ground bud or whole nug pieces? Have you tried fine grind/tight pack?
Also wondering if it could be your material. Theres a thread here somewhere about someones bud not vaping well..

Last edited:

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker

The only logical reason I can think of right now ,is that you do not inhale the right way.
That's probably why you do not get visible vapor and you do not get high ,at the end .

Try pulling some hard tokes with your mouth (using raw cheek muscle power ! ) ,
while keeping the carb totally closed .
Maybe towards the end of the toke ,you can release a bit the carb ,to mix some cool air ,
if the vapor is getting rather hot .

Cheers.

Alex03

Hallo Fellow Capers
Does anybody know what Type of Orings are used in the Condenser of the M.

I know the Tips gave 006 viton Orings.

Thank you all and Keep on VapCaping

BaroneBarra

Ehi man, I had the same problem.

Mouth to lungs (basically "sucking" air in your mouth and then send it down to the lungs with some more fresh air...just as you do when smoking a joint) can work, but I found that direct lung pulls work better for me.
Look at this video. It's not super easy to position the rings, you might want to use a straightened paperclip to help you and some spit for lubrication. But I find that after some testing, the airflow is rather improved and I can do direct lung pulls easily...normally one long pull until the cool clicks is all I need to get to Mars :)

It's pretty neat up here!

:peace:

stressed

The tracking website Dynavap uses is garbage! Track your package on the official USPS website. Their site told me I'd get my package that day for 3 days before it actually showed up. IDK why they use them, the only thing that site does it let you know where it's at. But I was truly happy once it arrived and in my hand, worth the wait.

Pink panther is looking good with that vapcap! The second pic is usually how I am when I'm using mine, all nice and comfy enjoying the great taste. Keep up those pix :tup:

thanks for the heads up. the USPS site says it should be delivered this friday. the dynavap tracking still says yesterday. duh.

:)

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member

I can't figure out how you think are getting better air flow with that ring placement. That is pretty much the equivalent of taking a yank and never releasing the carb. Right? No more air is rushing through the cap and tip grooves then down through the tip. It seems to only take the carb out of play which makes little sense to me. Fiddling with my omni last night, and that even works best with some air available when the carb is released.
Just wondering cause this gets bumped when someone is having trouble, and I don't think this would help a newb out much. My :2c:

SloJimFizz,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

BaroneBarra

Well I am a newb, and this helped me out big time :)

I can't figure out how you think are getting better air flow with that ring placement. That is pretty much the equivalent of taking a yank and never releasing the carb. Right?

Nope!

The problem for me is the one many others described: with the carb fully closed with my finger, it's really hard to pull (like sucking an ice cream through a straw or other equally descriptive metaphors) and the whole experience is not enjoyable for me, even if I do mouth pulls. I just don't like it.
With the carb fully open, on the other hand, there's definitely too much air coming in. It doesn't produce vapor, and it doesn't get me medicated - I might be doing something wrong, but that's my experience.

So, with the ring placement as described in the video, you can really find you sweet spot. Of course, as I said in my previous post, one need to experiment, and try it with the ring in different positions. I like it "covering" a little bit less than half the carb hole; my M makes a sizzling sound when pulling, and imho the air/vapor ratio is perfect that way. I sometimes, especially when I'm at the end of my session, cover the carb fully for a quick MTL draw, just to get everything out of my herb.... but yeah, I mostly enjoy it without fiddling with the carb at all.
It's less work: no more rotating the M to find where the hole is, no more putting your finger just above it but not so much that it blocks everything, etc.
It's basically the same principle of the silicon or metal rings I saw some other users put on their M: the thingy that blocks part of the air is simply inside the vape and not outside.

:peace: :2c:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Gotcha.
The video (with finger motions) makes it look like you clearly put the ring past the carb closer to the tip. It does not at all say to leave any part of the carb open.

Edit to add: Gotcha, meaning I get what you're saying, not Gotcha as in Gotcha. :cool:

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
M makes a sizzling sound when pulling, and imho the air/vapor ratio is perfect that way.
Could be wrong, but I think your M may be dirty.
when I was experiencing the sizzle, it was because the condenser was so coated with goo, it was coming out the end by the screen and the heat up was making it sizzle for a while, I thought it was just the flowers cooking.

But if your flowers are naturally sizzling, that means your material may be too moist.

both would explain the lack of performance you were seeing.

BaroneBarra

Could be wrong, but I think your M may be dirty.
when I was experiencing the sizzle, it was because the condenser was so coated with goo, it was coming out the end by the screen and the heat up was making it sizzle for a while, I thought it was just the flowers cooking.

But if your flowers are naturally sizzling, that means your material may be too moist.

both would explain the lack of performance you were seeing.

Yo, thanks for chiming in. Taking the opportunity to say that I love your YT reviews!

The sizzling sound is coming from the carb: it's the air that is forced through a narrower passage (because the carb is half blocked by the silicon ring) and as such it makes a whistle of some sort.
The sound is barely noticeable, too, and depends on the power with which I inhale...if it makes sense :)

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I can't figure out how you think are getting better air flow with that ring placement. That is pretty much the equivalent of taking a yank and never releasing the carb. Right? No more air is rushing through the cap and tip grooves then down through the tip. It seems to only take the carb out of play which makes little sense to me. Fiddling with my omni last night, and that even works best with some air available when the carb is released.
Just wondering cause this gets bumped when someone is having trouble, and I don't think this would help a newb out much. My :2c:
I don't think he means better (as in more) airflow, just more vapor. Your first assertion is correct, it is the equivalent of not releasing the carb. Your second assertion is backwards......with the carb covered, or the ring placed as described, will cause air to only course through the tip. An open card allows the fluid dynamics of airflow to come into play, i.e. the air will follow the path of least resistance, which is through the carb, down to the condenser tip, and into your lungs. With any given pull, carb closed means all air through tip, carb open means most air through carb, because again, fluid dynamics come into play, and the turbulent area at the juncture of the tip and condenser will actually get air from both sources, but the vapor will be reduced, due to dilution and less air delivered through the tip.

It's my belief that a users draw style (lung draw, mouth pull) and airspeed all have consequences depending on the style. I have pretty deep lungs, so I do long click to click lung draws. For me that favors starting with a closed carb, feathering for taste and temperature. For cigar smokers, many will prefer the mouth pull, then inhale method. I'm thinking that might require a little more carb air to be successful (due to the need for immediate, but short, bursts of air). In any case, there is no correct way to do these, other than don't abuse your cap. EVERYTHING else (grind, weed moisture, ambient conditions, style of lighter, style of heating, style of draw) changes everything. The symbiotic beauty of all of these latest analogue vapes.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Not seeing anything I got backwards. My comprehension of the video was putting the ring past the carb hole, therefore taking it out of play. He said his airflow while toking improved just by taking the carb completely out. I asked how his airflow improved when his only source was traveling through the cap and tip grooves then through the tip.Again, how I was viewing the video. He later explained that the carb is partially open. Which made more sense, but is not mentioned in the video. :peace:

almost there

are you covering the carb when you draw?

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Yo, thanks for chiming in. Taking the opportunity to say that I love your YT reviews!

The sizzling sound is coming from the carb: it's the air that is forced through a narrower passage (because the carb is half blocked by the silicon ring) and as such it makes a whistle of some sort.
The sound is barely noticeable, too, and depends on the power with which I inhale...if it makes sense :)

:cheers: thanks for the kind words.

If it's a whistle...with the method you describe sounds normal.

But mine was a low sizzle that could sometimes be heard, I mistook it for the M cooking my herb like a filet mignon, after a clean the sizzle went away and it changed the air ratio some too.

I did prefer the more restrictive draw of a dirty condenser...but once taste started to suffer I promptly searched for remedies :dog:

ank

MUv3b7H.jpg

After about 24 hours with my M I immediately ordered another vapcap w/ dynastash. My journey began with a vapor brothers desktop 13 years ago. My only portable is a pair of pinnacle pro's which were great for the past few years. The ceremony and flavor when using the VC is outstanding. The M is a workhorse. Took a few days to master the technique. I tried to drill out an existing wooden dugout to fit it but it didn't work. Dynastash is beautiful. I am all-in on Dynavap. Next on the wish list is a phatpiggie mouthpiece and the Omnivap XL.

Putricio

PIU is sold out of the M at the moment so I called Dynavap to see what the turn around time was after ordering it from them . It seems everything is good. I was told it would go out in two days. I'm looking forward to the M. My OG V2 is awesome. Next up will be a Dynastash, then a Nonavong, then an Omni XL, then a Ti Woody, etc.

Top Bottom