stressed

not to be weird or anything but have any of you tried vaping tobacco in one of these?

i think that if i'm out and about, i'd have a bit of tobacco on me to fool any spies trying to keep me and my beloved weed apart! :mad:

and i might enjoy it as i vape nicotine (low dose .03)

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
not to be weird or anything but have any of you tried vaping tobacco in one of these?

i think that if i'm out and about, i'd have a bit of tobacco on me to fool any spies trying to keep me and my beloved weed apart! :mad:

Tried that .
Tried both cigarette rolling tobacco and pipe tobacco .
At both cases I got to "enjoy" the real taste of dried and cured tobacco leaves ,
with all those subtle aromas that you do not get the chance to sense if instead you 'd smoked the tobacco .
Do you really want to know how it tasted ?
My hard guess is worse than shit ,since never tasted actual shit.
But shit can't be as bad as tobacco is.
Pretty sure about that .
;)

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
So what are the difference between ti tip and ss tip. My understand ti is quicker heating and cooling, anything else? Can u put a ti tip on "m"
Greetings!

The past few weeks have been rather intense here, and it gave all of us an opportunity to really push ourselves and see what is possible. With the launch of the M and then the 420 sale right after it, April challenged all of our skills, systems and endurance. :) Thank you everyone for this most awesome challenge.

Now since we are finally getting caught up and more back on schedule, I was able to get a few videos put together to address a few items there may have been a bit of confusion over.

This one goes over the modularity of the M relative to the rest of the Dynavap V.A.S. Vapcap Accessory System.

This one is specific to the few non-modular components of the M.

In addition to this we have reworked the Ti tip. This is not a major upgrade performance wise, but it does continue the evolution and intent of the Ti tip.

Here it is...

IMG_20170508_171852735_zpsj5b1uslb.jpg

First thing, is the reduction of the fins from 7 to 5. This is partially in response to a few comments regarding material getting stuck in the tight clearance between the fins, but more importantly (thank you Jason) it allows us to further reduce the mass where it isn't really needed. This may not seem like much, but with a bit of engineering and reconfiguration, we were able to reduce the total mass by almost 20%.

So the new tip now weighs just a few milligrams more with the cap on as the last tip did with the cap off.
What does this mean? When holding one of our devices with the new tip, it feels a bit more balanced as the center of gravity is shifted more towards the mouthpiece.

We didn't remove much more material from the extraction chamber, so this model should still heat and cool very similarly to the previous 7 fin version.

Onto some other news, the all titanium Omnivap is scheduled for a return around the end of this month. It will reappear with a new and exciting member of the family. The Omnivap XL. Pictures coming soon.

On our website, we are also working on adding more items to the Dynabuilder, and adding some more shipping options. For the shipping, we will be adding DHL as a faster option for our international customers.
In addition, we will have a selection for non-green packaging if anyone would want that. ??
If non-green packaging is desired now, before we get the option integrated, just leave us a note when you check out. We have always had plain packaging available for those special circumstances (like a birthday surprise) it will just be easier to select it once we have the option live.

So as we get back into our groove here at the VapLab it is with much appreciation and gratitude.

Thank you for this! We love what we do, and with your support we will continue to innovate and improve our products.

Cheers,

George

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

I've read a few posts from people who had used tobacco in their VapCaps.

The general consensus was that it worked but the head rush was quite severe so they suggested only to use a very small amount to start with.

Additionally any tobacco that touches to inside of the cap tends to char so it's worth cutting a small circular SS mesh screen slightly larger than the caps diameter. Then place it in the cap, being slightly larger should cause the screen to become convex stopping the tobacco from touching the inside part of the cap and charing.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Tried that .
Tried both cigarette rolling tobacco and pipe tobacco .
At both cases I got to "enjoy" the real taste of dried and cured tobacco leaves ,
with all those subtle aromas that you do not get the chance to sense if instead you 'd smoked the tobacco .
Do you really want to know how it tasted ?
My hard guess is worse than shit ,since never tasted actual shit.
But shit can't be as bad as tobacco is.
Pretty sure about that .
;)
I like the way tobacco smells, and I like the way it tastes. Even vaporized. And I occasionally make a spliff with the vapcap.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I have been using my M lately and I am not getting as good clouds as I do with my OG. Anybody have any techniques I might be missing?

I think the bowl is quite a bit bigger and I do notice the ABV is lighter at the bottom when I empty the M. I guess it makes sense that the body of the M is a lot more of a heat sink than the thin walls of the OG and it seems like it does a little better when I go back to back on heating cycles rather than one and done. I get results with the M but not as good as the OG.

I saw the video explaining the different temps depending on where you heat on the cap. With the OG I have to be careful not to scorch but with the M I wonder if I should put all 3 flames of the triple torch linearly on the cap at once and maybe go 2 seconds past the click.
Surprisingly, maybe, the Ti bowl is 1-2mm deeper than the SS; after experimentation, I no longer "pack" my bowls, but just fill them.

The SS tip retains heat longer - and it heats up slower: if you try to heat the SS "fast" it won't work out like you expect, you'll either get weak results or charcoal, depending on your application of heat - not unlike trying to cook eggs 'faster'. I try to heat the BASE of the BOWL, just above the fins, and if I only hear ONE click on the heat, I'll give it another 3-5 seconds. I cycle again ~30 sec after the cool-down, and try to duplicate George's technique from the video. After a third cycle, I let it cool down & check the material for doneness; I'll either continue, stir the pot, or retire it.

Always remember, your mileage WILL vary from batch to batch, mood to mood, maybe cycle to cycle: bring what consistency you can to your efforts...

I have to say I like the looks of the 7-finned tip more and it was a nice detail to distinguish between the entry-level "M" tip and the premium Ti one.
I would prefer to see some rework be done inside the Ti tip's bowl with an extra lip for the screen to catch better and not moving around so much. :2c:
Hearing about the modifications to the Ti, makes me wish the Ti tip I just got had the 5 fins (love to compare and contrast), but it has 7...for a total count of 3 SS and 2 7-fin Ti tips.

Whats the best way of cleaning them ready for a test drive this evening? A complete strip down, a quick dip in ISO and a good rinse? I'm thinking I'll be leaving the O rings on this time as I've seen people saying they struggle to reposition them.

Is that an adjustable bowl in the tip as well? Out of the tube the bowl looks bigger then the OG but I see a few groves suggesting I can move the screen. Cannot wait to try it out later!
pull the cap off the tip, the tip off the body, the condenser from the body, and soak then for 5-10 minutes in ISO or ethanol or...well, let's leave it at that! :uhoh:.

Get a bristle pipe cleaner, bend it 2" from the end & use that part to scrub the inside of the ISO-wet condenser from both ends, and the condenser-end of the tip; soak for another few minutes, repeat scrub, and rinse. Scrub the inside of the condenser once more with soapy water this time, rinse thoroughly and let dry.

If you want, swab out the bowl w/ an ISO-wet q-tip, then rinse, wash, and dry. I wash the inside of a new cap before first use, too, but that's just me. Don't scrub the o-rings, and no need to pop the screen out at all.

Lubricate the o-rings before re-assembling (tip AND shaft if you please)

I currently run a davinci iq, and a boundless cfx, which both are excellent at what they do! Awhile i go i wanted to get an "og" vapcap but hesitated because its glass and breaks. Now i want to get the "m" what is missing from the "m" compared to the other models? I dont know the differences. Thanks? Was there a sale going on with the "m" how much was it selling for?
Nothing's 'missing' from the M: think of it as the utility vehicle (Unis as sedans, Omni as high-performance).

Yeah, there was a sale. There's not one now. There wasn't a sale when I bought an Omnivap as my first 'Cap for 3x the full price of the M. The M is ONE HELL OF A DEAL, sale or no sale.

Agree in detail: fucking combustion is a matter of more than one vegetable. My lungs can no longer stand a cigarette, but there's that part of me that really only wants that first puff, anyway...and it certainly doesn't take a bowlful, either.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
pull the cap off the tip, the tip off the body, the condenser from the body, and soak then for 5-10 minutes in ISO or ethanol or...well, let's leave it at that! :uhoh:.

Get a bristle pipe cleaner, bend it 2" from the end & use that part to scrub the inside of the ISO-wet condenser from both ends, and the condenser-end of the tip; soak for another few minutes, repeat scrub, and rinse. Scrub the inside of the condenser once more with soapy water this time, rinse thoroughly and let dry.

If you want, swab out the bowl w/ an ISO-wet q-tip, then rinse, wash, and dry. I wash the inside of a new cap before first use, too, but that's just me. Don't scrub the o-rings, and no need to pop the screen out at all.
Personally I would call this overkill. I completely understand the interest in avoiding metal dust and machine oil and I like to avoid it too. But it isn't like these guys are caked in grease or anything. I am not going to discourage anyone from cleaning as much as they think they need to, but for most folks (like myself) this is more than is necessary. I would hate to discourage anyone who thought this might be actually critical or that it is truly unsafe not to go this far and push them away. I frankly think a swab out of the tip and the condenser with an ISO soaked Q Tip would really be all that is necessary. YMMV, of course.

alterego420

On 12th April I watched a video on the ‘M’ & Pre-ordered from Vape Piranha UK.

On 14th April I discovered the Dynavap sale and ordered the Ti-Woody + spares.

Today they both Arrived!! :) I’ve already tried them both . .

Still playing around on how to use them. Only got single flames right now with a double on order. I’m sure I’ll eventually work out my preferred method, but I’m getting damn pretty high while experimenting.

My initial reactions are. . that I like blocking the carb with the 2nd O-ring, I prefer the Ti-Woody’s light weight body, & I much prefer the Ti-Tip.. . .

Some pictures (everyone likes pictures :) ) of my entry into Dynavaping. . alongside the home made dynastashes I made in preparation. . . . . . I’m a carpenter and I just knocked these up as an experiment last week while I consider what I actually want out of a dynastash. . . .

upload image gif

One question! Any one got any idea why my dynacaps only attract to the edges of my magnets and not the centre? Obviously I used the wrong type of magnet . . but I haven’t googled this as of yet . . . :)

I’m also going to mention that my Ti-Woody body had a bit of a serious problem on arrival. The opening at the collared end where the tip inserts was not big enough. I could barely force the tip into the body or pull it out, regardless of lubrication levels. Both required EXTREME force and getting it in was almost impossible. And honestly, the o-rings would not have lasted more than 2or3 assembly/disassembly with that level of stress and friction. . . .
So I had to roll up a small piece of 240grit sandpaper put it in a drill and use it to open & smooth out the hole. Took me ages, because I went SLOW not wanting to make it too big. . . . Now it slides in & out perfect. .

Thanks to all the contributors here. From Vapcap care to butane filtration I’ve learnt a lot! :)

Hi @mrb . Would you please bear me in mind should you ever decide to make these for sale?

Thanks

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I've read a few posts from people who had used tobacco in their VapCaps.

The general consensus was that it worked but the head rush was quite severe so they suggested only to use a very small amount to start with.

Additionally any tobacco that touches to inside of the cap tends to char so it's worth cutting a small circular SS mesh screen slightly larger than the caps diameter. Then place it in the cap, being slightly larger should cause the screen to become convex stopping the tobacco from touching the inside part of the cap and charing.
Have not had your experience of charring tobacco, but vaping it IS more intense, for a fact. I wouldn't do it, otherwise.

Personally I would call this overkill. I completely understand the interest in avoiding metal dust and machine oil and I like to avoid it too. But it isn't like these guys are caked in grease or anything. I am not going to discourage anyone from cleaning as much as they think they need to, but for most folks (like myself) this is more than is necessary. I would hate to discourage anyone who thought this might be actually critical or that it is truly unsafe not to go this far and push them away. I frankly think a swab out of the tip and the condenser with an ISO soaked Q Tip would really be all that is necessary. YMMV, of course.
I quite agree - but if someone wants to be sure, and can't feel safe short of "taking measures", that's a CERTIFIED path to being sure...and probably a lot less than some feel a need for (dismantling completely, 24-hour ISO soaks, etc).

I've gone to no such extremes with any of my Vapcaps, nor do I need to to feel safe; but if I were going to...

stressed

arrrrgh! tracking says it will be here today but it was in another state just a few hours ago so hopefully tomorrow.

i have about 8 genetics ready and waiting for experimentation. i ran out of shatter but that can be easily remedied. :)

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I appreciate the answers everyone, i have another question, if i purchase the "m" and then want to get a wood stem to change the look, can i do that?
If you have duct tape. Otherwise, no. Check the latest dynavap video it talks all about it.
The M tip and Condenser are compatible with other stems and bodies in the Dynavap line up. You would be able to swap into a wood stem anytime.

Whissmu

I have been able to do more thorough tests ... my training with the vaponic allows me to stop giving heat and the second or two to hear the click .... that was my previous mistake .. it stopped being hot when I clicked and brushed the Combustion .. surprised by the taste very close to being pure and its great efficiency..More thoughts to come
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sketch420

arrrrgh! tracking says it will be here today but it was in another state just a few hours ago so hopefully tomorrow.

i have about 8 genetics ready and waiting for experimentation. i ran out of shatter but that can be easily remedied. :)

The tracking website Dynavap uses is garbage! Track your package on the official USPS website. Their site told me I'd get my package that day for 3 days before it actually showed up. IDK why they use them, the only thing that site does it let you know where it's at. But I was truly happy once it arrived and in my hand, worth the wait.

I have been able to do more thorough tests ... my training with the vaponic allows me to stop giving heat and the second or two to hear the click .... that was my previous mistake .. it stopped being hot when I clicked and brushed the Combustion .. surprised by the taste very close to being pure and its great efficiency..More thoughts to come
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pink panther is looking good with that vapcap! The second pic is usually how I am when I'm using mine, all nice and comfy enjoying the great taste. Keep up those pix :tup:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
CAMP RING KIT. Spark plug 'M' with ear clips and silicone tubing. :sherlock: Dynavap tube + Cap puller. There is a magnet inside the silicone end that is visibly wedged over the bottom of the tube.
Eagle single torch and rugged Alcohol stove filled with 99% ISO. Dry bag.

Found a camp ring near a windy vista. This is the mission that any VC signed up for when it came to me. :mental:e

Made a tiny rock stove out of loose rocks. Put my hand near the flame and let the cap set on one of the vents. Oh cmon, When is it going to...Click. :drool:
Got the hang of it with less apprehension of flames licking the airpath causing combustion or my hand hairs singeing off. :haw: Broke camp and left a few improvements on the existing ring. Otherwise left no trace.:D

Vrrw6PH.jpg

Top Bottom