Chinook

Would you guys recommend M as the first vaporizer? I'm scared of buying electronic portable vaporizers under $200 due to the airpath contamination issues. I'm about to return a $100 portable (second one!) due to hot oil like smells!

I'm looking to use the M at home and maybe share it with another person. Also, clouds are not important, but I like to get decent taste, efficiency of the herb usage and good medication effects. By the way, may I pack in ~ up to 0.3 g herb into the M's chamber?

Cheers!

aestheticsnob

Lord of the Sad and Lonely
Would you guys recommend M as the first vaporizer? I'm scared of buying electronic portable vaporizers under $200 due to the airpath contamination issues. I'm about to return a $100 portable (second one!) due to hot oil like smells!

I'm looking to use the M at home and maybe share it with another person. Also, clouds are not important, but I like to get decent taste, efficiency of the herb usage and good medication effects. By the way, may I pack in ~ up to 0.3 g herb into the M's chamber?

Cheers!
Based on what you described the M would be perfect for you, and of course there won't be any chance of weird hot oil smells (which reminds me, make sure you use good butane!).

The chamber can hold about 0.1 g if packed tightly, but best practice is to pack it more loosely with about 0.05-0.075 g. However, don't let that think it won't get you feeling medicated quickly, once you warm it up and get the technique you'll start getting ripped very quickly.

Squiby

I'm interested in pure flavor and usually like to toke on lower heat settings, I'm not a big cloud guy. Which Vapcap is best for me?
Would you guys recommend M as the first vaporizer?

All the Vapcap models are fantastic vapes. They all perform. I think it's more about cost, function and aesthetics.

The M is the entry level Vapcap. It has a rugged and attractive stainless steel construction. The milling of the SS Tip is rudimentary compared to the Ti Tipped models to keep costs low while maintaining excellent performance. The M is a trooper and only costs $50 to fall in love with it. It's a small investment to dip your toe into the world of Vapcap. They make wonderful stocking stuffers!

The Ti Woodies, Ti Carbons and Ti NonaVonGs all sport the titanium tip. It is finely milled and has more, just more of everything. It has more heat dispersion fins. Deeper exterior air channels and twice as many. It sports a more detailed neck design and carries an additional oring. The chamber is notched to allow a greater convection and less restricted air path. The chamber interior has ground ridges for three screen placement options. These are premium vaporizers. The Ti Tipped models are fully modular. Switch up the parts to come up with your personal custom Vapcap. These start at around $80.

The Omni is the ultimate Vapcap. Built largely from titanium, it is an engineering marvel and is milled to extremely tight tolerances. The Omni condenser and mouthpiece thread together. You set your desired air restriction with a twist of the mp. This "set it and forget it" feature is very convenient. Coupled with a NonaVonG body, it's a must when using with water tools. The Omni is an indestructible beast, stunningly beautiful and built to last a lifetime. Maybe two.

The Vapcap's operating temperature is infinitely adjustable. Like a sexy 5 speed overdrive, manual transmission, red convertible sports car, the Vapcap will let you savour your flavour with low temps and a cleaner high. Or it can melt your face with huge high temp clouds for a deeper more sedate stone and anything in between. You're the driver and you control where you want to go and how fast you get there.

Lovely delicious vapor can be achieved by heating higher on the cap. For lower temps, I heat my first cycle covering the middle area of the cap. Subsequent cycles are heated closer to the top of the cap. Keep your flame short. Let that flame lick the cap and respect the click. Easy, peasy, simple and quick.

My tip can accommodate the following loads of Super Lemon Haze, stored with a 62% rh bodeva pack. This is according to my scale so it could vary +- depending on other more accurate scales and the amount of moisture in your bud.

Screen in bottom of Ti Tip or SS M Tip - .07 grams

Screen in middle groove of Ti Tip - .05 grams

Screen in top groove of Ti Tip- .03 grams

These are the absolute max amounts that I can stuff into the chamber. In practice, I never fill the Vapcap to capacity. I like to pop an unground nug in there and let it float freely. My average load is .015 grams, just a tiny nug. I vape several times per day.

Obviously I microdose and absolutely love the effects! The highs are cleaner and far more enjoyable compared to a heavier dose. It took some effort to get down to lower doses, but if you load a tiny bit less each time, a tiny bit less, you may find that you get just as high but a cleaner high with far less weed.

The Vapcap is not only fantastic for microdoses, many use it with larger loads. The other benefit is that the Vapcap is astonishingly conservative with your weed. Your stash just lasts forever.

Last edited:

CalyxSmokr

that's what I ended up with, just be very gentle with the O rings, they are very thin and small, easy to break.

p9p3o1h.jpg
that was tricky to remove but it does seat better. much thanks!

Liking the M. It does get hot though. And I am not getting a good seal with the fat rubber MP in a water tool. It sits much higher in the joint than my OG so I thought I was golden but air is leaking. As a traditional mouthpiece I get good vapor right away. I will fiddle with it but looks like I won't be using it with water.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
https://goo.gl/images/pTCrM6
And I am not getting a good seal with the fat rubber MP in a water tool. It sits much higher in the joint than my OG so I thought I was golden but air is leaking. As a traditional mouthpiece I get good vapor right away. I will fiddle with it but looks like I won't be using it with water.
Thanks for mentioning that. I had to check that out before I pass these for M's to my friends. I fiddled with abit this morning. With the built in curve of the mouthpiece, to get a good seal I have to put the mouthpiece further into the fat mouthpiece till it's about a 1/4 inch from the carb.Still not 100% leak free, but better pull available that way

Jen

I would say that you need to apply a bit more pressure with two screens in there, but I wouldn't say that a screen sandwich is more difficult to remove necessarily. It's all in the technique.

When you want to remove the CCD/filter sandwich, remove the cap and place the tip chamber side down on a paper towel or napkin. Take a chopstick or your condenser or something similar and push it down into the neck of the tip and the two screens and filter will pop right out onto the towel. Lift the tip and there they are.

Thank you for the tips! I put the screen sandwich in this morning so in about a month we'll see about taking it all out and doing it again. :tup:

stressed

i had some regular butane around for my dabbing needs but after reading some more, i got a bunch of purified butane. it says it won't affect the taste of your cigar etc.

i'm assuming this will be a bit healthier than the regular stuff

Chinook

Based on what you described the M would be perfect for you, and of course there won't be any chance of weird hot oil smells (which reminds me, make sure you use good butane!).

The chamber can hold about 0.1 g if packed tightly, but best practice is to pack it more loosely with about 0.05-0.075 g. However, don't let that think it won't get you feeling medicated quickly, once you warm it up and get the technique you'll start getting ripped very quickly.

All the Vapcap models are fantastic vapes. They all perform. I think it's more about cost, function and aesthetics.

The Vapcap is not only fantastic for microdoses, many use it with larger loads. The other benefit is that the Vapcap is astonishingly conservative with your weed. Your stash just lasts forever.

Thank you very much for your feedbacks. I looked at their products a bit more. Now I'm wondering if I should move up to the Ti tips. Perhaps GLASS TIGLASSY, it's $65.

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/vaporizers/glass/glass/tiglassy

Any suggestions for must order accesories besides the extra screen?

Thanks.

Squiby

Any suggestions for must order accesories besides the extra screen?

Check out my post below in my signature entitled "Vapcap First Aid Kit". It describes the extra bits required to keep your Vapcap in top top shape.

Dynavap have bundled combo kits available in their "Parts" section that make accessory purchases easy.

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts

Other accessories are available individually in the "Accessories" section.

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/accessories

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
i had some regular butane around for my dabbing needs but after reading some more, i got a bunch of purified butane. it says it won't affect the taste of your cigar etc.

i'm assuming this will be a bit healthier than the regular stuff
I don't think purified butane is going to effect your health with a Vapcap. Unless you're heating while inhaling through the device there shouldn't be any combustion gasses/butane.

What purer butane will do is decrease the chances of your torch getting clogged with residue.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Now I'm wondering if I should move up to the Ti tips. Perhaps GLASS TIGLASSY, it's $65.

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/vaporizers/glass/glass/tiglassy

If your moving up, I would go with a solid body ( carbon, wood or ti) and add a Ti Glass stem for $10 if you want to try the glass. Only saying this cause that Ti Glass stem is pretty fragile. I've broken two trying to insert the Ti Tip in. The rings were lubed, but the second and third ring would not go in easily without bunching up. Pull tip off, reseat rings and moisten,try again and then the end breaks. Twice, without a chance to try either.
Just so you don't get your Ti glassy, and something like this happens, then you're waiting on another package to get your first try at a Vapcap.
Also, if your somewhat clumsy, or you vape at all, you will break the Ti Glass stem. Not if, but when. :)
Just my :2c:

Chinook

If your moving up, I would go with a solid body ( carbon, wood or ti) and add a Ti Glass stem for $10 if you want to try the glass. Only saying this cause that Ti Glass stem is pretty fragile. I've broken two trying to insert the Ti Tip in. The rings were lubed, but the second and third ring would not go in easily without bunching up. Pull tip off, reseat rings and moisten,try again and then the end breaks. Twice, without a chance to try either.
Just so you don't get your Ti glassy, and something like this happens, then you're waiting on another package to get your first try at a Vapcap.
Also, if your somewhat clumsy, or you vape at all, you will break this. Not if, but when. :)
Just my :2c:

OK, that's good to know. Yeah I can see us breaking the glass if it's that fragile! Boy I started at $50 with M, next thing, I'm looking at $100+, LOL :)

stressed

I don't think purified butane is going to effect your health with a Vapcap. Unless you're heating while inhaling through the device there shouldn't be any combustion gasses/butane.

What purer butane will do is decrease the chances of your torch getting clogged with residue.
cool. thanks

i'm now obsessed with flame type vaps. :lol:

i was checking out the sticky brick and they mentioned the taste of pure butane so i just assumed. nice to know i can use the 2 large bottles of regular butane. i now have enough to last me for quite awhile.

vapeanderson

The vapor path on Vapcaps is a stainless steel or glass condenser tube (on the original glass vapcap). The Omnivaps may have a titanium condenser tube, I'm not sure. Either way, the vapor path is easy to inspect and is constructed of safe materials.

However, if you go with a Vapcap, be sure to clean it well before use as there may be machining oils left from manufacturing. Some use soap and water. Some use an ISO bath or ISO soaked qtips or bits of cotton. Myself I cleaned the parts on my M model with ISO soaked qtips (trying to avoid the orings because ISO may degrade them over time) and then washed with dish soap and water. This worked fine for me. I definitely pulled some gunk out of the vapor path with the qtip.

cool. thanks

i'm now obsessed with flame type vaps. :lol:

i was checking out the sticky brick and they mentioned the taste of pure butane so i just assumed. nice to know i can use the 2 large bottles of regular butane. i now have enough to last me for quite awhile.

The vapcap is largely a conduction vape. The flame heats the chamber in which the herb sits, and thus the herb is heated. Because of this indirect heating and because you are not inhaling from the vapcap while heating, you do not inhale any burn off from the butane.

However the sticky brick is a different manner as it heats the herb by convection. As you direct the flame down the glass tube where the herb chamber rests, you draw air through the brick at the same time to move air heated by the torch past your herb, which heats the herb and creates vapor, which then is drawn to you as you inhale. This means you are likely to inhale some burn off from the torch as you are inhaling while using the torch. Thus having high purity butane is important for your health when using a convection style flame powered vape.

florduh

I'm trying to get my technique down, but since I'm a lightweight, dialing in a new vape can take weeks...

I really like my TI Woody. Got some great flavor and clouds... and got me more ripped than my Firewood (current DailyDriver). The only thing I don't love is the draw resistance. I don't love the feeling of sucking a golf ball through a straw. Are there any tips for working around this? My current draw is closing the carb until I can't stand it then opening it for a second. This got great taste and decent clouds.

I'd appreciate any tips. And I appreciate all the help this community provides!

skyvaper

Thanks to all the members and their input. Today I had my breakthrough with my new M. I kept reading and watching videos and I finally got the satisfaction from this vape that I kept reading about. I thought that I combusted but I took the load to the edge which was really nice. I even tried a tiny barely covering the screen load and this thing did a great job. I'm promoting myself from youngling to padawan.

CharmCityVapeGuy

Known to some and enigma to others
I'm trying to get my technique down, but since I'm a lightweight, dialing in a new vape can take weeks...

I really like my TI Woody. Got some great flavor and clouds... and got me more ripped than my Firewood (current DailyDriver). The only thing I don't love is the draw resistance. I don't love the feeling of sucking a golf ball through a straw. Are there any tips for working around this? My current draw is closing the carb until I can't stand it then opening it for a second. This got great taste and decent clouds.

There are endless options withe Vapcap. You can take long steady draws with the "carb" completely open. There will be little resistance and much smoother vapor.

Chinook

The vapor path on Vapcaps is a stainless steel or glass condenser tube (on the original glass vapcap). The Omnivaps may have a titanium condenser tube, I'm not sure. Either way, the vapor path is easy to inspect and is constructed of safe materials.

However, if you go with a Vapcap, be sure to clean it well before use as there may be machining oils left from manufacturing. Some use soap and water. Some use an ISO bath or ISO soaked qtips or bits of cotton. Myself I cleaned the parts on my M model with ISO soaked qtips (trying to avoid the orings because ISO may degrade them over time) and then washed with dish soap and water. This worked fine for me. I definitely pulled some gunk out of the vapor path with the qtip.

Thank you for the tips. I'm not sure I understand why the manufacturer is against alcohol use for cleaning. I mean once all of the O-rings are removed, only stainless steel and titanium are left right?

xlr8shun

i filed down the grooves of my M tip, and put in notches like the TI tips have.. helped a little bit. i had a unmodified one to compare with while i was filing on the mine to see if i was actually filing away any material or it was placebo. that stainless steel is some tough stuff but little by little it was working..

i tend to do a combo of lung pull/mouth pull.. i start with a lung pull that gets a bit of airflow going, then when i have a little vapor in my mouth i'll do a mouth pull (like you would pull on a cigarette or pull liquid into your mouth if you were drinking from a straw).. then repeat again.. in total its probably a 15-20 second rip and can really get the clouds going (and coughing if you dont watch it). i also feather the carb just a tiny bit when doing the lung pulls. but close it off completely when doing the mouth pulls.

Top Bottom