florduh

I'm due to receive my first VapCap, a Ti Woody, tomorrow. I'm slowly wading through this thread, but I have two questions:

1.) Even without adjusting the screen, is it possible to only use small amounts? I'd like to vary the amounts of herb I use in each session and would like to avoid moving the screen if possible.

2.) Is it possible to take a hit or two on a full VapCap, stop, then vape the rest a few hours later? I realize there would be flavor reduction but it seems like it cools down pretty quick.

Thanks in advance!

CalyxSmokr

I'm due to receive my first VapCap, a Ti Woody, tomorrow. I'm slowly wading through this thread, but I have two questions:

1.) Even without adjusting the screen, is it possible to only use small amounts? I'd like to vary the amounts of herb I use in each session and would like to avoid moving the screen if possible.

2.) Is it possible to take a hit or two on a full VapCap, stop, then vape the rest a few hours later? I realize there would be flavor reduction but it seems like it cools down pretty quick.

Thanks in advance!
1. I think it is better to pack it firmly - so kind of "no"
2 yes - that is where this vape excels. And that kind of solves #1

natural farmer

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the club buddy!

1) YES, definitely yes! I hate moving the screen as well and I get amazing results with whatever size of load I put in. From a couple of specs to a full and lightly packed bowl. I enjoy putting just a tiny pinch in there (0.01 maybe or less) and finish it in one big hit!

2) Of course it's possible like with any other on-demand vape. Taste depends on how you hit your last times before putting it down... If they are small, low temp hits you might not experience any flavour loss.

Enjoy!

MrMonss

- adjust the position of the CCD screen.

Yes, I think organic cotton would work. Others have used it for vaping concentrates, so I think it would work fine as a filter.

I make my filters as thin as possible while remaining effective. The degummed hemp fiber filter gets brittle and will crumble when removed after a month or so of vaping. I'm not sure if the organic cotton would last longer or not.

Hi guys,

Concerning the placement of the CCD filters, on the steel Tip there is only one location (line), whereas on the titanium there are two.
Placing the filters perfectly on the line can be difficult (especially with titanium filters), have you noticed a difference in rendering when these filters are positioned at the bottom of the chamber, or when the tip shrinks ??Because it's really much easier to place them here, on the bottom of the chamber.
To make the sandwich filter between two grids on the steel tip it seems obligatory to position a grid in this place, doesn't it ?

Have a nice day

Last edited:

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
How many cappers have already made their choices for the next sale?

:rofl:
I have! :D I'll be getting an XL Omni condenser assembly w/ mouthpiece if it's available by then. :cool: It's about the only thing I need at this point. Ooh, and probably a Ti-Glassy replacement stem, cause ya know, glass is cool. :nod: Shit, at that point I might as well get another Ti tip too to complete the package... :evil: So basically an XL Glass Omnivap? :D

On another note, my NonaVonG-XLS from this last sale is set to be delivered tomorrow! I'm pretty stoked! :spliff:

Thanks in advance!
1. Yes! I have a gen 2 tip in my Woody, which has no slots for adjustable screen, so my bowl is always set to max volume. However I frequently pack it only half full and get great results like this.

2. Yes! I did it earlier today. Took two light hits off my M and saved the rest for later. Worked like a charm! (And it was packed only about 3/4 full)

:peace:

Last edited:

needalift

Curious , is his just in my case or if anybody else experiences this ..
So I'm not lucky enough to have seasonal allergies , I'm blessed with them all year round . When I was combusting , it really set them off ( made them way worse to the point I could barely breath and my ears would close up ). I found vaping and it helped a lot , but my allergies have still been sensitive to the vapor from all my vapes . BUT my vapcap doesn't bother them at all . It's been the biggest blessing to come out of finding this vape:D

Farid

Curious , is his just in my case or if anybody else experiences this ..
So I'm not lucky enough to have seasonal allergies , I'm blessed with them all year round . When I was combusting , it really set them off ( made them way worse to the point I could barely breath and my ears would close up ). I found vaping and it helped a lot , but my allergies have still been sensitive to the vapor from all my vapes . BUT my vapcap doesn't bother them at all . It's been the biggest blessing to come out of finding this vape:D

I think it has to do with the heavier conduction in the VC vapor profile. I think that also contributes to the vapor not being harsh dispite the short air path. Convection vapor forces hot air on your throat with a small airpath like this, and I find my allergy symptoms are made worse by this. I also find that I taste the terps stronger with convection, and I wonder if consuming more terps adds to allergy symptoms. If so, it would be a silver lining to the VC's lack of strong flavor compared to a 100% convection device.

All I know is that I prefer the VCs hybrid vapor to other devices because it is so much easier on the lungs. I miss the pure flavor from 100% convection, but I don't miss the dry throat and having to sip water after every hit.

macca924

I tried out my xls nonavong earlier and all I can say is wow.absolutely love it.

Already planning my next purchases.i think I may have a dynavap addiction developing

Has anyone travelled with the M in hand luggage ? Not sure if it will pose a problem with security ??

Thanks

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Got my green package today! More M's, time for some evangelism!

Edit - Also received my first ever glass VC's........I am really liking the glass S! And now, a short time later, I have broken in my first OG..........I sort of went backwards in my VC trek, but now I am really impressed at the vision that George had, and still has. Nice work, DynaVap team! In a world of mediocrity and chaos, you guys do yeoman's work.

Last edited:

Squiby

I found vaping and it helped a lot , but my allergies have still been sensitive to the vapor from all my vapes . BUT my vapcap doesn't bother them at all . It's been the biggest blessing to come out of finding this vape:D
All I know is that I prefer the VCs hybrid vapor to other devices because it is so much easier on the lungs.

The Vapcap has been a total game changer for me. In the past, with other vaperizers, I my throat and lungs would be negatively affected which would limit my consumption. The Vapcap somehow magically delivers smooth vapor.

Then, the addition of a hemp filter sandwich brought it up another notch. The filter prevents tiny particulates into the vapor path and into my lungs. Super smooth non-irritating vapor. No harshness. No coughing.

I love cleaning my Vapvap only to find that the condenser has only a light film of shiny resin with no bits of plant matter stuck to the side and that it doesn't really even need cleaning. No particulates in the condenser means none in my lungs

florduh

How do you guys find using the VapCap's in public? I realize the glass versions have a "Crack-Pipey" look to them. But I'm not sure that applies to a nice looking wood or metal version. It's not like there's "Crack Connoisseurs" out there.

But I can't help wondering if I'll feel sheepish torching and twirling something in public vs taking a hit off of a battery powered vape :hmm:

jds

My last sale order shipped today. I'm really excited now. I hope it arrives before the end of the week.

How do you guys find using the VapCap's in public? I realize the glass versions have a "Crack-Pipey" look to them. But I'm not sure that applies to a nice looking wood or metal version. It's not like there's "Crack Connoisseurs" out there.

But I can't help wondering if I'll feel sheepish torching and twirling something in public vs taking a hit off of a battery powered vape :hmm:

I've actually been wondering this as well. I used to like getting high on my way home from work (~20 minutes walk, generally in the evening), and with a regular pipe I could manage since taking a hit took no more than a few seconds, but with my VapCaps I have to heat them up for a good 15-20 seconds.

The only solution I could think of for my problem would be to use a quad torch so it heats up within 5-6 seconds as opposed to the 15-20 with my single one.

mucsusn

60 going on 20

"Public"......hmmmm.......context here, as I am in an illegal jurisdiction, so I confine my public mostly to the car. Sometimes, I can grab a discreet outdoor or restroom event, and the VC's excel at either. I carry a small shoulder bag, so having a few preloaded VC's is never an issue. Part of my morning checklist.

florduh

"Public"......hmmmm.......context here, as I am in an illegal jurisdiction, so I confine my public mostly to the car. Sometimes, I can grab a discreet outdoor or restroom event, and the VC's excel at either. I carry a small shoulder bag, so having a few preloaded VC's is never an issue. Part of my morning checklist.

Yeah, If I end up enjoying the VapCap system, My plan was to have 2 loaded if I'll be out for a while. No mess on the go. And no worrying that 2 different batteries are charged!

Sketch420

Ya that's my only real gripe with the VC, still doesn't look right twirling and heating it when people are around. But I can usually find a place where I can heat and hit it quickly. The battery powered vapes are better for an in crowd situation, but the VC just seems to work so much better extraction wise. Now @Pipes has created an interesting way to combat that by using an induction heater, a bit more inconspicuous. Check the DIY thread. If you can hide the unit in a cup it works amazing (so I've heard, still waiting on the finished portable product). Happy vaping!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Concerning the placement of the CCD filters, on the steel Tip there is only one location (line), whereas on the titanium there are two.
The "M" steel tip has no scoring to hold screens in it so the CCD rests on the lip at the bottom. There are 2 scores inside the Ti tip, so there are actually 3 CCD positions inside the tip, so 3 different possible bowl sizes. This also makes it much easier to put some filter materiel (mostly degummed hemp fiber) in the bowl between CCDs fixed in place. I haven't tried this yet, but it is on the list... :cool: You could also do this in the "M", but with no scoring it is harder to keep the second CCD in place.

I think the maximum bowl size, just one CCD on the lip at the bottom, are nearly identical between the 2 tips if not slightly bigger in the "M".

mourningbell

Certified human
Who uses both? Do you prefer a battery or this device? I'm thinking about model M. What the hell are you doing when it's so fucking hot?

I have a Boundless CFC and the clouds are weak. How is this piece?
Order a magnet or a Dynastash (which has a built in magnet) with it. Cools it down pretty quickly. And I prefer my M to all my battery portables.

PeteSeattle

I used the Hopper as well I haven't touched it since I purchased my the Ti Woody and other models.

I usually medicate before going out if I'm not driving. But since I work out of a home studio is use that as my vape room. Also just on the balcony or the backyard. Don't rule out camping, hiking, backpacking if you are able to. Before I had to lug along a battery bank to charge The hopper. I didn't mind it but with the VC it's just so much easier.

Okay, here's a Monday pick me up ...

"It's bigger on the inside!" or "the Doctor's new sonic screwdriver." Sorry for the geek speak.

IMG_8932.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom