Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
The original OG is a tiny piece of metal and a tiny piece of glass, for £35! (in the UK). I'll bet im not the only one who thought "i wish id thought of that". 4 x that for the same device in titanium sounds like a lot to me, to be honest.

I respect your opinion, have heard it all before i posted and there will likely be more people with your thinking in this thread but from a more general perspective i think more would lean to my thinking. I should probably also add that i think most vapes are overpriced for what they are.

Wait a bit and you'll get a faked OG VC at dhgate for less than $10!

IMO prices of the VC are fair. You cannot calculate just the prices of material.

But generally your are right. Vaporizers are a niche product like all stoner's and grower's stuff and most of them seem to be overpriced on the first view - and often they are! But what amount of production are we speaking about?

Esoteric

Pot Head formerly Septon Sefton
Wait a bit and you'll get a faked OG VC at dhgate for less than $10!

IMO prices of the VC are fair. You cannot calculate just the prices of material.

But generally your are right. Vaporizers are a niche product like all stoner's and grower's stuff and most of them seem to be overpriced on the first view - and often they are! But what amount of production are we speaking about?

Honestly i get it. I really do.

but at the end of the day unless George (and others) want to share the bottom line and the end of year accounts there isnt any real way to settle the debate, is there?

There is another side to it too, my vapes have actually saved me tonnes of money, tonnes!!!! but i am a businessman myself and i am cynical and i doubt youll ever convince me on this one.

VapCap

Manufacturer
.....Here we go.

It’s April.

We have been planning and preparing for April for some time now, and with the recent launch of the M it has been a rather intense few weeks. Thrilling might be another good word to describe it. We have been putting in hours & more hours since the launch making and assembling like never before and doing our best to get the orders out as quickly as possible.

Here is a picture of some pretty little M parts fresh off the machine.

IMG_20170413_113325636_zpsqmmwgyy9.jpg

Aren't they pretty? We just need to find someone to take them home. :)

Another awesome event happened earlier this week. I took a trip. Saw some really cool things.

IMG_20170411_173212455_HDR_zpsppovedjl.jpg

but most importantly, I was able to acquire some more burl. This means the burl will be available again.

So just as we thought we were getting caught up, it is time for the 420 SALE. We thought we would have a few days to catch our breath between the M launch and now, but nope, we love it and are extremely thankful for the opportunity bestowed upon us to work as much as we can. I don't see anyone here at HQ not smiling all day knowing how fortunate we are to have such wonderful and positive customers supporting us and helping us to continue the development of our products.

Back to the 420 SALE.

The M will be 20% off.

We will have everything else on our site 15% off.

Better yet we are offering all our existing customers FREE SHIPPING on orders throughout the 420 SALE.

Our 420 SALE will run from midnight tonight thru midnight of 420 itself. We hope to make a lot of people extremely happy very soon.

Please understand we are growing as quickly as we can and will get as many orders out as fast as possible. We are prepared as ever to accommodate this increased demand. This may take a few days longer than usual because of this.
If anyone decides they would like to add to an existing but un-shipped order, this can easily addressed by logging into your account at DYNAVAP.com, adding the items to your cart and checking out. There will be no additional shipping cost, and this can be done until you receive the shipping confirmation email. This helps us better serve you as the number of emails asking about additional items has been growing steadily.

Also, we just added a new FAQ section to the site. Please check it out and let us know if we need to add to or modify it. We are trying to make our products easier to understand and will be updating and adding many new videos over the next few weeks.

Cheers,

George

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I thought the omni was priced a bit high when I first looked at it but now that I have one I have to say it's worth it. It added a level of refinement that made me love my Vapcap even more.

I don't think any of the dynavap products are over priced. I own an Herbalizer and Mighty that I love but I find myself reaching for my Vapcap more than either of them. The flavour, efficiency, customization and vapour density are all top notch or even better than my high end electric vapes.

So with that said, a Vapcap M is a bargain at 1/10 the cost of an Herbalizer or Mighty.

smokeydabear

Well-Blown member
@Alexis, don't lay it on so thick. "George's selfless altruism"?? For sure DV has a really great CS and CC, but altruistic?? That let's me wipe off the tears... ;)
It's getting nearly quasi religious. What's coming next? UCVC (United Church of VapCap)?
I must say that George genuinely cares about his customers more than most. A good while ago when things weren't so hectic for him, he warmed my heart with his actions. I thought I had lost one of his products, I was gutted. This item had become a part of my life, my daliy driver.

I wrote to him asking if I could buy another one, because the product wasn't readily available yet. He said he had one spare he had laying around. A couple hrs later I actually found the item I lost. (This all takes place during the coarse of one day) So I wrote him back and told him I found the item and that I was sorry for wasting his time.

I did buy a dynastash during this conversation we had because I wanted one and partly because I felt bad about bothering him for no reason lol. My package comes with a beautiful dynastash in it but I feel something rattling around in it.

I open the stash and lo and behold the item I told him I lost was in it, along with a hand written note. He gave me item out the goodness of his heart, and this was not a cheap item. The note said something like "Here’s a spare for you in case you need it. Thanks for being one of my first customers," something to that effect. It honestly brought tears to my eyes and Geogre earned himself another customer for life. That man is the G.O.A.T of customer service in my eyes.

Sorry for the long post guys. I hate writing them as much as you hate reading them lol. But somethings need to be said

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
You just can't name a -real or reasonable-price for time and creative ideas.
So ,some may say that some thing are overpriced.
No matter if precision manufacturing is involved ,if hi-end materials are used ,etc .
To some people ,some things will always seem overpriced.

People ,it's the creative idea you pay for actually.
It's the "tolls fee" you are paying -mainly-for to own a thingy with the bitten apple logo on it.
Not for the brand name ,but for all the creative ideas behind it .
The tolls fee in order for the ideas to pass through from Job's imagination into reality ,on your desk .

The same tolls fee ,everyone is obligated to pay in order for the ideas of George ,
to become a wonder inside our pockets and more over joy to our lives.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I reject the notion that DynaVap doesn't deserve criticism for some vague reason that they are simply a great company. It is vital to share a wide range of opinions, both negative and positive, to get a fair perspective.

Having said that, I personally can think of no criticism for DynaVap at the moment. As far as pricing is concerned I think that they easily represent the best value in vaping.

The argument that the raw materials are cheap is extremely flawed. This particular argument bothers me a lot because it seems to assume that finished products are instantly and magically created from raw materials.

I hear arguments like this often. For example, why buy a steak at a restaurant for $30 when you can buy one at the butcher for $10? Well that restaurant probably has at least 50 employees on payroll, they have an inventory that expires quickly, and a lot of overhead including rent, insurance, outrageous utility bills, etc.

DynaVap has quite a few employees that all have to make a living wage. They are also constantly purchasing new equipment that I would assume is very expensive. The cap may be a small piece of metal but the design and engineering is actually somewhat complex, and it is probably built using an expensive machine that cost tens of thousands of dollars. On top of simply making a living, DynaVap also needs to continually invest in the future of their business, new equipment like that needed to make spinning Ti mouthpieces on a large scale.

There are certainly many products that are overpriced. However, I would argue the majority of products in the marketplace are fairly priced besides a few exceptions like luxury items, where you pay a premium for exclusitivity.

lookhigh

FC member
.....Here we go.

It’s April.

We have been planning and preparing for April for some time now, and with the recent launch of the M it has been a rather intense few weeks. Thrilling might be another good word to describe it. We have been putting in hours & more hours since the launch making and assembling like never before and doing our best to get the orders out as quickly as possible.

Here is a picture of some pretty little M parts fresh off the machine.

IMG_20170413_113325636_zpsqmmwgyy9.jpg

Aren't they pretty? We just need to find someone to take them home. :)

Another awesome event happened earlier this week. I took a trip. Saw some really cool things.

IMG_20170411_173212455_HDR_zpsppovedjl.jpg

but most importantly, I was able to acquire some more burl. This means the burl will be available again.

So just as we thought we were getting caught up, it is time for the 420 SALE. We thought we would have a few days to catch our breath between the M launch and now, but nope, we love it and are extremely thankful for the opportunity bestowed upon us to work as much as we can. I don't see anyone here at HQ not smiling all day knowing how fortunate we are to have such wonderful and positive customers supporting us and helping us to continue the development of our products.

Back to the 420 SALE.

The M will be 20% off.

Better yet we are offering all our existing customers FREE SHIPPING on orders throughout the 420 SALE.

Our 420 SALE will run from midnight tonight thru midnight of 420 itself. We hope to make a lot of people extremely happy very soon.

Please understand we are growing as quickly as we can and will get as many orders out as fast as possible. We are prepared as ever to accommodate this increased demand. This may take a few days longer than usual because of this.
If anyone decides they would like to add to an existing but un-shipped order, this can easily addressed by logging into your account at DYNAVAP.com, adding the items to your cart and checking out. There will be no additional shipping cost, and this can be done until you receive the shipping confirmation email. This helps us better serve you as the number of emails asking about additional items has been growing steadily.

Also, we just added a new FAQ section to the site. Please check it out and let us know if we need to add to or modify it. We are trying to make our products easier to understand and will be updating and adding many new videos over the next few weeks.

Cheers,

George
There's a moose on the loose.
Liking the sale
One question what about international shipping?

banana_republic

.....Here we go.

(...)
Back to the 420 SALE.

The M will be 20% off.

(...)

I have a question regarding "existing customers". I have ordered 3 times already, but did not create any login on dynavap website. May I and how do I qualify for free shipping for 4/20 sale?

(...)

Well, last time (black friday) they offered free shipping, it was worldwide free shipping. Awesome!
Lets hope, and I do believe, they offer the same for 4/20.

Cheers!

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Back to the 420 SALE.

The M will be 20% off.

Does being an existing wanabee customer count? :haw:I've been talking about buying a vapcap at FC for almost a year. :myday:AND NOW! My vape arsenal is almost complete. :borg: Glad to be getting the info and reviews long before purchase.:cool:

If I pull the trigger at the stroke of midnight and get the 'M', is there any rec'd accessories for it? I want to take full advantage of the sale and get the most bang for my buck. Then be a regular Vapcap poster like the other vapes I own.
Thank you to all of you that talked me into buying an EQ, Cloud EVO and other vapes. :tup:Any rec'd screens, parts, etc? Share you wish lists with me/us. Best bargain extras for the 'M'. I'm considering an extra cap.

I never felt like Christmas in August until tonight. Light up some mistletoe and wait for midnight. :spliff: Hope the site won't be overrun when I decide to close the deal tonight. Oh it's on, baby. :rockon:

What category would you consider a vapcap besides a portable. Off the grid? I mentioned this to the Vapecritic since he is close to making a review video, I believe anyway.
DynaVap FAT MOUTHPIECE

Last edited:

rz

Torch lighter???!??! NO WAY MUAHAHHA :D

He is our third boy. So now we're 4 monkeys and wonder woman :)

And I've even managed to make some progress :D

OK.. A LOT of progress :rockon:

To cut to the chase this this is ROCKING :D My favorite new feature is incremental mode!
I like to start it at 98°C, and every time I remove the vapcap from the coil, the setpoint jumps up by 2 degrees. The system then waits in low power READY mode, only firing up the induction circuit 1% of the time to measure frequency (optocoupler schmitt trigger + extra diode and resistor work perfectly connected straight to the work coil). When it detects a frequency change indicative of vapcap re-insertion, it fires it up to two degrees hotter than last time, and so on. I just place the vapcap in the toaster between every puff, and it takes care of ALL the rest for me. :brow:

Now the click is a tricky thing with induction heating. If I set the thing to say 115°C, the cap will click pretty quickly, around when I measure 110°C, and I've even slightly charred a bowl in a race to just 120°C.
However, if I heat up much slower (incrementally between puffs), it only clicks when IR sensor reads 125°C. Either way, I've been finishing some bowls without even hitting a click at a measured 120°C.

I say measured a lot since I'm not claiming that that's the actual tip temperature where it touches the bud. This is obviously some science involving a bunch of coefficients I don't really want to start thinking about yet, but hey, it works :D

Dealing with the noise generated by the oscillator was a challenge. A bunch of bypass capacitors and I was over an annoying OLED image disruption almost every time the thing fired up. This will really benefit from a properly designed PCB.

The first set of MOSFETs that I tried worked but had some noisy switching issues. Either way, when I finally got the case I ordered, I was trying to squish everything in. I bent the mosfet heatsinks back and their pins broke :o When I changed them to a different set, oscillations were MUCH smoother :tup::tup:

Alas, the case is about 1mm too small inside. The clearance of the battery, the board, and the coil is a tad too tight for my comfort. I've come up with some ways to reduce coil thickness when I wonder about coil design..

Now the batteries.. Up till recently the work tank on this thing would consume about 7Amps while heating a vapcap. This is a problem since the voltage drop on the batteries internal resistance increases, and the BMS would shut off due to low voltage cutoff, as it should. I've since removed one of the two 0.22uF caps I was using, and it is now consuming a more modest 4 Amps. This should reduce BMS issues. She now oscillates at 430Khz while idle, and uround 465Khz while toasting a vapcap, compared to circa 340Khz with 2x0.22uF (@Pipes you should experiment with this too, remove one of those 0.33s and check consumption and voltages under load). I'll be happy if it can consume even less.. Heat up speed does not seem to a problem, and if it goes a little slower battery life (BMS shutoff wise) will be significant longer.

So time to first setpoint is now about 10~15 seconds from cold. Re-heat after a puff or two even to the next incremental setpoint is very quick though, about 2~4 seconds, and since temp is maintained it's perfect to just place VC there between puffs. This is reeeally convenient and I'm loving experimenting. I just can't experiment as much as I'd love to since.. well.. life :lol: but ya, I'm happy it's finally all working.

There are still so many little things to play with, so this will keep me busy for a while. I'd love to share it, though it really needs to be on a properly designed board and built properly to be safe in anyones hands, and that'll take a while at best ( Anyone wanna help? :) )

OKK... it's late but I'll go take some pics quickly. One day maybe even a video :lol:

VAl7bhT.jpg

AfqShqE.jpg

A8wh6Wm.jpg

OAKWtS3.jpg

doubledown

Does being an existing wanabee customer count? :haw:I've been talking about buying a vapcap at FC for almost a year. :myday:

Hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but over on Reddit a Vapcap rep (George?) just posted "you just have to have an account made already". Hope it's true and if so, it's very kind!

Edit: Wow Shannock! That Omni is stunning! I see one in my near future :)

Squiby

Free international shipping was honoured during the Black Friday sale last fall.

If I pull the trigger at the stroke of midnight and get the 'M', is there any rec'd accessories for it? I want to take full advantage of the sale and get the most bang for my buck. Then be
This post describes the optional items that can be added to your cart to have a filling functioning Vapcap First Aid Kit.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-460#post-1091430

What category would you consider a vapcap besides a portable. Off the grid? I mentioned this to the Vapecritic since he is close to making a review video, I believe anyway.

The Vapcap falls under the category of Portable, Off grid, Super efficient, Doomsday device. The Vapcap will be working after all others fail.

CuckFumbustion

Hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but over on Reddit a Vapcap rep (George?) just posted "you just have to have an account made already". Hope it's true and if so, it's very kind!
I have an account lined up for any 4/20 magic. But never made a purchase. See what happens when I checkout.

Thinking about adding the 3 pack of SS screens and Fat mouthpiece and an extra cap if there is enough of a discount plus shipping. :hmm: Can the 'M" use titanium screens? The center hole is different.
I handed out two M's and filled torches last evening for a trial period. Gave them the website, youtube and FC info. Hoping to slowly evangelize.
Glad to see you and others trying to convert by handing out $50 vapes to try out. :clap:If you have gotten someone who combusts to convert please share. If there is enough converts there, then more volume, cheaper price, more Evangelist emerge and repeat.

So any thoughts on the torches offered from Dynacap? How refillable are they?

Actually getting a vape that is easy to spot if dropped in a dark forest is another plus. If I could attach a landyard to it actually. :haw: How tight is the fat mouthpiece on the 'M'. Actually, I might have an idea for that lanyard. :science:
1px.gif

1px.gif

Squiby

Can the 'M" use titanium screens? The center hole is different.
Yes. The M will take any 8mm screen. Both the SS and the TI screens offered on the Dynavap website will fit the M.

I have the quad lighter and had very good luck with it.

CuckFumbustion

That's one of the genius aspects of the Vapcap; there are no parts that need constant changing. I have all the spare replacement bits. But I must say the longevity of the stock unit is astonishing.

However, what are the bits that will need replacing eventually?

- Condenser Orings. These are grooved orings that hold the stainless steel condenser in place within a body or stem and holds the mp in place, if there is one. I have never needed to replace one but they are small and can be easily lost when dismantling your Vapcap. The package comes with two small and one larger oring. Extra x-orings can be used to partially or fully block a carb hole. I also like doubling up an oring under a mp. I just find that the extra ring tightens up the condenser and helps the mouthpiece spin easily. Get extra Condenser Orings.

- High Temperature Orings. These are round tube shaped orings that fit onto the titanium tips and the Omni condenser/mouthpiece. If you remove these frequently and/or you're not gentle when removing them, they could deform, or break even. There are 4 orings on the tip for a friction fit into the body or stem and there are 4 orings on the Omni condenser/mouthpiece. You can get by without a full compliment of orings quite nicely for a long time. I broke an oring or two and haven't replaced them. I have extras, I'm just lazy and performance hadn't been compromised in any way. Having said that... get extra High Temperature Orings.

- CCD Screens. These are tiny machined screens exclusive to the Vapcap. They come in a stainless steel and a titanium version. They can get lost easily too, but having extra screens is always a good idea. If they get bent, just tap them flat again with a hammer. I like to use two in every tip to make a degummed hemp fiber filter sandwich. I seat one screen in the bottom groove of the chamber, place a filter on top and seat a second screen over it in the middle groove. Do this and you will experience the smoothest, cleanest vapor ever. No coughing ever. No tiny particulates in the airpath or your lungs ever. Plus you get the bonus of a very clean condenser. Get extra CCD screens.

- Degummed Hemp Fiber. Dynavap sells an enormous wad of it for $5 that will last a very very long time. Use it as a bed for hash or other concentrates or make a filter for a screen sandwich. Here is a post describing my filter making technique.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-295#post-1034430

- Clicking Cap. I like the idea of having an extra cap around. If you somehow lost it or dropped it and accidentally hit it with a hammer, you're done; the Vap won't work.

Other than getting a lighter and a can of butane, these bits should stock a pretty good Vapcap first aid kit.
Allrighty So I read the post and guess that I do indeed need extra SS screens and maybe a cap. Or double down and get two 'M's. :brow: Now I read that the 'M' is not as compatible with other parts and may/may not use orings.
Durability of the rings is a factor for an all season vape. Plus field maintenance.
EDIT- Just read last post. Will consider quad lighter and titanum. TX. everyone. :)

MinnBobber

I bought the triple torch and for $10, it seems a real bargain. I've filled it once and it was eazy peazy--glad the butane can's stock metal fitting worked fine so didn't have to f#uck with those plastic tips!! When I ordered, they only had triple or quad models. I'm a"butane virgin" so totally new to the torches and filling.

I went to e-cig store and bought Neon Butane, ultra premium, 7X, super refined etc----is that a clean brand or what brands are cleanest/keep jets from clogging?

Like George said, now they have a double torch BUT it is 2X the price of the triple ($20 vs $10). I had planned on trying a double but at that price--??? Anyone with their double care to comment on dbl vs triple in function? And size comparison?? And in general quality of the two? Can you see butane level on the double as website pics make it unclear as double has a full metal(?) shell vs triple see thru plastic (easy to see butane level).
Thanks

@Squiby and M owners who use hemp filters: ??
Squiby used two CCD screens, each in their factory chamber groove to surround the hemp BUT the M only has one chamber groove. Will a second screen work ok in the M chamber to sandwich hemp fiber??
I've been cutting down big screens with scissors to find a good size/fit but if a CCD screen works, that would save a lot of muss and fuss.
Thanks

Squiby

Now I read that the 'M' is not as compatible with other parts and may/may not use orings.
Durability of the rings is a factor for an all season vape. Plus field maintenance.
The M uses High temp orings on the neck of the SS tip and condenser orings on the SS condenser. Both are available on the website.

The SS tip of the M is not compatible with the Omni condenser and mp as it won't operate properly.

Will a second screen work ok in the M chamber to sandwich hemp fiber??
Yes. Place the first screen in the bottom of the chamber. Add a degummed hemp fiber filter on top and then place a second screen over the filter. Gently push the second screen in place tying to wedge it close to the first screen without compressing the filter. Easy gentle pressure does it.

Armerad

Dabbin'
Just got the shipment notification for my DynaVap! Order placed April 7th, first contact from Arielle@Dynavap on April 10th, she said it will be picked up tomorrow and should be at my house on April 17th! She was even kind enough to include me in the 4/20 sale since I had to wait for a stock shipment delay.

Looking forward to rocking the M at the San Bernardino CA Cannabis Cup! :rockon:

MinnBobber

Yes. Place the first screen in the bottom of the chamber. Add a degummed hemp fiber filter on top and then place a second screen over the filter. Gently push the second screen in place tying to wedge it close to the first screen without compressing the filter. Easy gentle pressure does it.
Thanks. Cutting big screens down to fit the M was a pain in the a#s as the chamber is so small. On bigger chambers it's easier. With the 420 sale---I should get some screens for this purpose. Using the stock SS screens should be much better.

@CuckFumbustion , not to confuse you on the torches but for me , a butane and M newbie, I'm thinking of moving down from a triple to a double. If you want fastest click, go quad but I'm thinking a double will be lower/slower more controlled application to get the click. Just like cooking with a lower heat is more controlled. But everyone is different. I don't need/want fastest time to click.
A little bummed that double costs $20 and triple cost $10

Top Bottom