stark1

Lonesome Planet
I just look at the little “Nifty”—and I get warm and fuzzy.....

Fire it up, and I am good to go, greet the day.

Stay warm, everyone!

Play ball, Moose.

uwc6kV4.jpg

Moose said no. Zero degrees, in S Hadley, Ma.

ySVqlnB.jpg

Last edited:

Godspeed

My Silo from Interplanetary Designs arrived today. Nifty little case. I do prefer it to the plastic tubes that come with the DynaVap. The tip of the case holds a decent amount of material. I don’t have a scale to weigh it though, but enough for a day out for sure.

Two things if I may be so bold. They should put o-rings on the case to seal the inside for smell purposes. Also the inside needs a good cleaning. Lots of black finish came off upon cleaning. It’s stilll black on the inside so likely just extra finish material, but something to pay attention too, especially for the bud compartment. You don’t want that mixing with your herb.

Surely worth the price of admission however, just wanted to make those few observations.

@InterplanetaryTanner thoughts?

Here are some pics
https://imgur.com/a/ed52H

https://imgur.com/a/iXsU8

https://imgur.com/a/gj8da

https://imgur.com/a/VtAdm

Thanks ITV for the review!

The website indicates that the Silo has two O rings to seal each compartment. Is it possible that they were not placed on your unit by mistake?

Do you think your herb compartment will continue to flake the paint or coating with use?

I love the concept of the Silo but would like these issues resolved before I consider ordering one.

PS: Thanks for your service in the military.

Boden

Aspie polymath
You know I have been saying all along that the reason we get so much dense vapor is because we lower the atmospheric pressure of the tip inside. The space inside the tip is so small you can easily create a vacuum with a mouth-pull or lung-pull. Which in turn lowers the boiling point of the vapor producing oils on the surface of the herb.
Someone doubted much vacuum could produced via m-p or l-p. That small of an area doesn't require much suck to remove enough to make a vacuum that will affect the boiling point of the oils and terpenes on the herb. Feathering the carb, (previously called airport), will also raise and lower the the atmospheric pressure of the space behind the screen and in front of the condenser. I think the air coming in the spiral of the tip and cap is easily overcome to produce vacuum needed to make dense vapor.
Now before you poo-poo that stop and think about it, in order to move liquid or vapor through a space you have to have vacuum or pressure or gravity. You are not blowing on it or letting it fall, you are sucking on it to create a "vacuum". You can either except that this is plausible, or what a couple of people on here think. "It's magic." Doc

A person can pull about -1.3psi in a sealed container. This would lower the vapor point ~5.7%. The Vaps are not sealed so let’s assume you can pull -0.7psi thus ~3% reduction of the vapor point. (Your suck game is very strong ;) )

400F x 0.03 = 12F

Now I draw slowly. I may be pulling -0.2psi which would lower the vapor point less than 1%. Kinda neglable really. Other variables matter far more at this point.

It’s pretty easy to make a Manometer if you want to see for yourself.

Last edited:

passenger

is this thing on?
I feel the effects are "more complete".
Bad thing is that I look like a zombie for half a day.
this I only know from smoking.
not even the "de verdamper" + "mighty" got me in this state.
feels like beeing back in my 20s again.
which again is a good and a bad thing.

It sounds like you are using too much with the Vapcap because you underestimate the device! :D
I feel the same about what you said with the effects being more complete with Dynavap. The Mighty is more "racey". More different cannabinoids with the Vapcap is my bet because of the restricted temperatur range in the Mighty. Some scientists in the house? :science:

Mr.Sifter

that is good to know,
I use a 14mm adapter in my d020 18mm bubbler.

can I still go for a XLS extension?
really would like to spin it while heating.
the nonavong is nice to turn, no too small.
a little bit longer and a moving part on/in (?) the base of my right hand would be nice.

looking forward to the TI Moutpiece that @Summer initiated.
cherry or ebony could go really nice with the cocobolo stem.

Boden

Aspie polymath
It sounds like you are using too much with the Vapcap because you underestimate the device! :D
I feel the same about what you said with the effects being more complete with Dynavap. The Mighty is more "racey". More different cannabinoids with the Vapcap is my bet because of the restricted temperatur range in the Mighty. Some scientists in the house? :science:

It provides a very thorough high temp extraction. This combined with the long slow deep draw required because of the restriction means you are absorbing quite a lot relative to looser draw vapes.

Especially if you hold it in for about 10 seconds before exhale.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
woohow,
is it just me or does the vapcap hit like a truck?
I really see a fuller range of cannabinoids beeing extracted by this little beast.
I looked at the AVB through a mini microskope. All trichomes were sucked out.

One thing though, It gives my a real hangover the next morning although I vape less compared to hopper, mighty or solo.
still, a brainfoggy state 2-3h after waking up that I have to combat with 3-4 coffees
I have a few plug-ins and battery powered device''s.

The VAP CAP "M" is what I have and it is a MISER my usage is way down without trying!

This little thing PUNCH'S me in the FACE = I need it sometime's

CANNABIS is the HOLY GRAIL (John GLEESE know's)
The VAP CAP is close to feeling like that!!

Dynalowrider

Boden you win. I give up, it's "Magic". Give me a good theory on how it works.
I just retired from a fifteen year stint in manufacturing and metalurgic field. I don't have a degree, just practical experience. I do know how to connect a fifty foot long sintering furnace to a computer so I can control it from anywhere in the world.
If you have a better idea how it works I would like to hear it. I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I really want to know. Doc

Helios

Guys/Gals my mini bubbler hit the deck and shattered into tiny prism shrapnel, can anyone suggest a decent rig from DH? something economical and small..ish preferably.

hinglemccringleberry

I wish they made a cap with a snap disk calibrated 20*F lower than the current disks.
Hell to the no. I wish it was set a bit higher. I must be the only VC user who has trouble getting the chamber hot enough to clear a .03 load in 1 or 2 hits. Only way for me to do that is to 'cheat' by heating 2 seconds past the click but I almost never do that. This is with a dual flame torch and Ti tip. It feels rather strange being the only VC user on the planet who has never accidentally combusted.
If you want lower temps you can always stop heating and start your draw before the hot click occurs..

Last edited:

needalift

My Silo from Interplanetary Designs arrived today. Nifty little case. I do prefer it to the plastic tubes that come with the DynaVap. The tip of the case holds a decent amount of material. I don’t have a scale to weigh it though, but enough for a day out for sure.

Two things if I may be so bold. They should put o-rings on the case to seal the inside for smell purposes. Also the inside needs a good cleaning. Lots of black finish came off upon cleaning. It’s stilll black on the inside so likely just extra finish material, but something to pay attention too, especially for the bud compartment. You don’t want that mixing with your herb.

Surely worth the price of admission however, just wanted to make those few observations.

@InterplanetaryTanner thoughts?

Here are some pics
https://imgur.com/a/ed52H

https://imgur.com/a/iXsU8

https://imgur.com/a/gj8da

https://imgur.com/a/VtAdm

Agreed except for the fact that mine has o-rings and so far is smell proof . I love the size of the silo . I used to write graffiti and now I do cabling for a living so carrying a marker or in this case a marker sized object in my pocket is very comfortable . Definitely a nice minimalist case !!!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Guys/Gals my mini bubbler hit the deck and shattered into tiny prism shrapnel, can anyone suggest a decent rig from DH? something economical and small..ish preferably.
GET what you like?

I like the FC UFO with a CASIEN I use as a carb.

I know nothing however I feel no pain?

SMALLER BUBBLER'S work as well?

MIXING it is what I do to make it FUN!

VAP CAP many do DRY?

I like water world!

Top Bottom