premarket

thanks that clears up so much!

if i bought the Ti-Carbon-S along with an Omni-condenser, would that be similar/same as a Nonavong?

Basically I'm trying to use the Ti-Carbon-S as my main portable and occasionally i would like to connect it to my glass. I understand that the Vong is better to use with glass since it is easier to find the carb, but if I bought the Omni-condenser on the side, would it eliminate the problem of finding the carb?

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
thanks that clears up so much!

if i bought the Ti-Carbon-S along with an Omni-condenser, would that be similar/same as a Nonavong?

No, the part that makes it a Nona VonG is the body of the vapcap. You would need a Nona body in order to make it work with the Ti Carbon-S.

Basically I'm trying to use the Ti-Carbon-S as my main portable and occasionally i would like to connect it to my glass. I understand that the Vong is better to use with glass since it is easier to find the carb, but if I bought the Omni-condenser on the side, would it eliminate the problem of finding the carb?
I would suggest you get an Omnivap Carbon or an OmniVong and purchase the other body that you want as a spare part.

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/vaporizers/omni/omnivap/carbon
And
https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts/body-vong-ebony-14mm

OR

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/vaporizers/nonavong/omnivong
And
https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts/body-carbon

It's important to note the difference between stems and bodies, I can't stress that enough. The Stems are 62mm and the bodies are 45mm.

Bodies will fit:
Omni Condensers
Standard Condensers with mouth pieces

Stems will fit:
XL Omni Condensers
XL Condensers with mouth pieces
Standard Condensers

Last edited:

premarket

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/vaporizers/omni/omnivap/carbon
And
https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts/body-vong-ebony-14mm

OR

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/vaporizers/nonavong/omnivong
And
https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts/body-carbon

It's important to note the difference between stems and bodies, I can't stress that enough. The Stems are 62mm and the bodies are 45mm.

Bodies will fit:
Omni Condensers
Standard Condensers with mouth pieces

Stems will fit:
XL Omni Condensers
XL Condensers with mouth pieces
Standard Condensers

just wanted to give you a big thank you!

a lot more things are more clear to me (lingo was pretty confusing to me at first)

in your opinion, are there much difference if you use a vapcap with the rubber mouth piece as to the Nonavong?

i just realized (from your links) that it would cost about $200 for me.
im wondering if the vapcap with the mouthpiece would basically give the same functionality like the Nonavong. if so i wouldnt need to spend about an extra $100 if the rubber mouth piece will suffice.

Thanks once again!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@GeeWhiz be careful how enclosed you make it, some of the heat still needs to escape.

@StiltedLimboDancer I'm at the mercy of wood suppliers, they have reputations to keep is my only guarantee.
It would be nice to process my own timber as @Winegums has been able to but so far it's been Applewood which looks great but is prone for splitting. May have found a work round for this, especially the burr's.

You can't beat this thread for visual stimuli and hats off to all who post any pictures, the professional quality of some of them has inspired me to try a bit harder.

62mm Zebrano Twist. Full length condenser.
Qr492KQ.jpg

O60wj0k.jpg

premarket

Yes, it will give the same functionality. From the sounds of it you'd be very happy with an Omnivap Carbon and the $1 rubber mouthpiece.

I do agree with you that this combination is probably the one I need except I still one one last question.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the reason you suggested the Omnivap instead of the regular vapcap?

Is it because of the carb?

premarket,

Farid

I do agree with you that this combination is probably the one I need except I still one one last question.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the reason you suggested the Omnivap instead of the regular vapcap?

Is it because of the carb?

Only suggested it because you mentioned buying an Omni condenser on the side. The omnivap's main advantage is that it is much easier to disassemble/clean, and you can adjust the airflow. Being able to close the carb is very useful with glass, since it can be a pain to find the carb.

almost there

Only suggested it because you mentioned buying an Omni condenser on the side. The omnivap's main advantage is that it is much easier to disassemble/clean, and you can adjust the airflow. Being able to close the carb is very useful with glass, since it can be a pain to find the carb.
u can just position the o-ring under the carb of a woody and that'll block the air from carb from entering. It's what I do, as much as I would like to try the omni I'm just more keen on the wood

Farid

u can just position the o-ring under the carb of a woody and that'll block the air from carb from entering. It's what I do, as much as I would like to try the omni I'm just more keen on the wood

That's what I did before I had an omni. I get you on the wood, but you can get an omni with a wood body. Are you talking about the wood mouthpieces, as those are only available with the Ti woodies? They also spin, which is a unique feature to the woodies.

I think the biggest advantage is that it's a lot quicker to disassemble the omni, so cleaning is a breeze. I was able to fully close off the TI woodie when needed.

almost there

That's what I did before I had an omni. I get you on the wood, but you can get an omni with a wood body. Are you talking about the wood mouthpieces, as those are only available with the Ti woodies? They also spin, which is a unique feature to the woodies.

I think the biggest advantage is that it's a lot quicker to disassemble the omni, so cleaning is a breeze. I was able to fully close off the TI woodie when needed.
I'm talking about the mp. I don't completely avoid metal because I just bought a grasshopper, it's just that for me I love all the different combinations of colored and patterned woods mixing. Also on occasion when The metal tip knocks against my teeth it's very irritating, makes me worry for my enamel getting scraped:myday:

Last edited:

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
They really are quite beautiful little works of functional art
That's what's giving a soul to the VapCap, aside the fact he's performing very well, we can find inspiration from it. This is priceless.

I have done product photography and I was noticing that this is a well prepared photo. I thought the resolution was not right though since it appeared not sharp on my screen. I then enlarged the photo and I was able to see that this is a High quality image. Great job. You inspire me to get my gear out. Now that is one thing I actually do know a little about. Machining tools though.. man I know nothing. :)

Thank you, and on top of that I'm the happiest if I can inspire someone to make something great! I hope that you'll find your inspiration, and share it with us!

@TheVaporist Congrats, all your pics are looking awesome
If DV would be my company I would let make the product pics by you.

Thanks a lot for that kind words!
Don't need to say it would be an honor to do such things! I have to confess I would let me do my pics too :rofl:
Joke aside I'm yet glad to please someone with my work, and on top of all, I'm pleased to do justice to George's work.
On top of that, my wife, since a long time, as chosen me for her commercials, that's enough to make me a happy man :)

Thanks! I thought the motion of the GIF would help show how tactile the twist is. I was trying to achieve an effect like watching old films, with flickering and lighting/contrast fluctuations. I didn't quite capture what I pictured in my mind, I need the adjustable depth of field a DSLR would provide.

Another lovely picture! I'm running out of ways to compliment your photography. The Omni really looks like it's floating in this one, and I like how the transition between the mirror and background is seamless. Your pictures are definitely on another level!

:clap::clap::clap:

This flickering effect were achievable in your condition but you have to take a lot of pictures and make a gif put of it. With something like 20 frame per second and a lot of variations in lighting, I'm sure the flickering would be outstanding!

A fucking Magritte cap, how awesome is that. And so surprising! I am stocked to see that here. So refreshing, this fit you well! The engraving is really classy :clap:
But @duff, man your post has killed me, that's cosmic!

Anyway, thank you a lot for your kind words!
It's me that are lacking of words to thank you, and all the others 'cappers, for all the love and appreciation...

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
That's what's giving a soul to the VapCap, aside the fact he's performing very well, we can find inspiration from it. This is priceless.

Thank you, and on top of that I'm the happiest if I can inspire someone to make something great! I hope that you'll find your inspiration, and share it with us!

Thanks a lot for that kind words!
Don't need to say it would be an honor to do such things! I have to confess I would let me do my pics too :rofl:
Joke aside I'm yet glad to please someone with my work, and on top of all, I'm pleased to do justice to George's work.
On top of that, my wife, since a long time, as chosen me for her commercials, that's enough to make me a happy man :)

This flickering effect were achievable in your condition but you have to take a lot of pictures and make a gif put of it. With something like 20 frame per second and a lot of variations in lighting, I'm sure the flickering would be outstanding!

A fucking Magritte cap, how awesome is that. And so surprising! I am stocked to see that here. So refreshing, this fit you well! The engraving is really classy :clap:
But @duff, man your post has killed me, that's cosmic!

Anyway, thank you a lot for your kind words!
It's me that are lacking of words to thank you, and all the others 'cappers, for all the love and appreciation...
Thank you for the kind words. To be honest I rushed the GIF a bit. I had been busy after I got the green envelope and it took a while for me to be able to photograph it. I had been teasing the contents and didn't want to make everyone wait too long. And I didn't want to step on the toes of your weekly picture!

I will have to redo it later, I had a slightly more complex idea I wanted to try. Photographing the GIFs can be very annoying and tricky.

The VapCap truly is something special that inspires us. Your photography has also inspired me to push myself harder in that department. And @phattpiggie, @Winegums, and everyone else creating accessories for the VapCap are very inspiring as well. George has created a very cool ecosystem indeed!

Top Bottom