Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
We are getting better at producing chips and scrap too.

IMG_20161229_130808210_zps4zpnuvwu.jpg

This material is amazing. I've been trying to figure out how to utilize it for something interesting or useful.

IMG_20161221_150328303_HDR_zpsy427r123.jpg

It also will burn when the shavings are really thin, (like some of these) and some of it turns really pretty colors when heated.

So if anyone is interested in some shavings or scrap, please just let me know.

And finally, yes there are more awesome things coming.

Cheers,

George
The best thing I've found to do with it is crush it into a powder and exploit the pyrophoric properties. It makes quite the flash when you sprinkle it on a fire. You could use it as a fuse for thermite as it burns hot enough to start the reaction, (magnesium works a bit better though).

Perhaps a better route to go would be using it as hair on a metal sculpture with all the bright colours.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Vapor_Eyes glad you like it and again it's a weird but nice feeling seeing my work in other peoples homes.
Love the Osage against the Blackwood.

@Creeper and @Mr. Me2, yes would be the answer. African Blackwood is probably the most suited wood for this style of stem. It's a pleasure to work with but does require sharp tools and extra work to finish as it marks like a plastic.

almost there

A c:ninja:mparison in stealth:

0cLuuQ3.jpg%5B
that's a real tough one. That fresh polished cap look so shiny and innocuous it looks to be the pen cap. That's quite the sophisticated lab guy that vapes on the side combo:cool:

WBscaVs.jpg

dvKF7vc.jpg

EgTaQdl.jpg

@phattpiggie Blackwood Twist with an Osage Orange spinning mouthpiece, thanks so much Piggie, and the entire DynaVap crew! :clap:

Photo shoot inspired by The Third Man, a dark and twisted film.

It feels amazing to hold and use, I only wish my pictures could do it justice. I need to book some time in @TheVaporist's studio!
absolutely gorgeous! That's gonna send Mario to the warp zone, :freak:. Please, oh please, let me make it on phatpiggie"s list:bowdown:

Last edited:

Dynalowrider

Inquiring minds must know.
Has anyone played around with the 11mm screen in the vapcap? Is it louder than a cap without the screen?
This has intrigued me since I saw it on here. I just ordered a 11mm punch. I may have wasted the money, but I have to find out if it improves the cap. Hopefully it will.
Would this create more convection?
I used to pull the cap out a little to heat it. Doc

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
@Vapor_Eyes Nice pictures man!You are the master of GIF as we can see! You should look into a spinning pattern for your next cap and make a mesmerizing gif of it!
The Mario one totally rocks, he looks like he's about to abandon the leaf! He's gonna fly even higher now :science:
Next one should be Link playing with the VapCap like if it was an Ocarina :rofl:
The Osage color is really nice and vibrant and the grain must be wonderful to see!
I'm wondering how good may look an Osage body, maybe we'll see some in the future who knows!
But I'm sure there is more coming from you but we can't see it yet :cool:
However, you can take an appointment to my stoner studio, and pay for it with green :lol:

The twist is gorgeous, kudos @phattpiggie!
Your list isn't going to shorten for a while :rolleyes:

@VapCap, you can make a bunch of titanium sponge for scrapping, and bring the DynaSponge into the market :freak:

Last edited:

GeeWhiz

FFS it's hard work keeping up with this thread sometimes.

Lighter technique for anyone interested.
Triple jet Aomai Lighter, the inner blue flame is 12mm, 1/2" long. The distance from the top of the lighter to my VC is anywhere between 15 and 20mm, 5/8" to 3/4" ish. New adjustable shield.
The single jet is focused on the DY area or 7mm from the click end with the other two on the digger side.
I get 2-3 days to a tank of gas. It's ali tube wrapped in a paper label so I can see if there is any scorching, I hope to replace the paper with some silicone sleeve type thing.
eZPka91m.jpg
Af3dTupm.jpg
dhQzAsCm.jpg

@TheVaporist the Blackwood and Ali stem has to be my all time favourite so far, it's actually on a journey Stateside.
It's perked a lot of interest and I will be doing a few more in the future.

I recognise Kapton all over the place, it was used to secure cable to the body of some Mars lander type vehicle, very space age.

I'll be making enquiries about the Black caps again soon.

As for the pictures, thank you again, most of the time they are taken as and when with whatever is to hand. I'm getting more prepared so I can set them up better.

I understand having spoken to @Ed's TnT this morning how long it can take to get everything just right.
All new to me but I'll keep making improvements.

So do I and I'm not sure why you haven't yet, I'll be asking questions on Monday when a certain somebody returns.

Well spotted on the stashes. I didn't see that one but I wouldn't recognise the original character.

@SSVUN~YAH you're not the only one to see faces, I tend to see classical style faces in the folds of cloth or rugs.

I have not been encouraging your new surge of VCAS and thought it cruel to see the posts about Ed's WS.
After seeing how you've started out your VC collection I have to agree with @Stevenski.
Something about a dysfunctional vaginal area I believe.

As for the M, who knows what may be going on behind the scenes, all I can say is........

I have been thinking a lot a bout this type of mod. I imagine a small chamber or device like you have that sits on top of a standard three jet or two jet lighter. I see the vc sitting in it just like it would in the electric one but the heat is dispersed around the tip and then deflected back down the sides to heat evenly all around.

Would only need to be slightly larger than the cap itself. Also I have found that when handing the VC to someone to try it they are confused for some reason which way to hold it. If you had it sitting in the heater seat then the person could simply take it by the stem and it would be obvious what end to smoke. (I learned from experience that you cant smoke the cap end... well there will be smoke but it will be from your lips and tongue burning. Please see my other story) Your mod just gave me some new ideas on how to do this. Thanks

GeeWhiz

GeeWhiz

"Reality is truth's smile when she beholds her own face in a perfect mirror"

IMG_5753.jpg

(35mm - f6.3 - 4,0s - iso 100 and a bunch of fingerprints to wipe)

I have done product photography and I was noticing that this is a well prepared photo. I thought the resolution was not right though since it appeared not sharp on my screen. I then enlarged the photo and I was able to see that this is a High quality image. Great job. You inspire me to get my gear out. Now that is one thing I actually do know a little about. Machining tools though.. man I know nothing. :)

StiltedLimboDancer

Good question but did you have seen anything about this at the site of DV?

I guess they would do so if their wood is certified.

No, haven't found anything.

Well, these are beautifully crafted pieces but I can't see me buying those kinds of woods if they're coming from questionable sources (especially rain forest regions).

I'd rather buy some "more standard" walnut or cherry instead (unfortunately not available).

shmoedog

Vape for Life
Well guys George PM'ed me last night and Matt emailed today. Those guys really care about there customers. Since I wasn't happy with the Nona and I did actually order the other stem before the website changed they are going to make me what I ordered. Matt said they didn't have any of the OG Vong stems left but soon as he got a chance this week they would make me one and send it to me. He said just go ahead and keep the Nona stem. So anyways just wanted to give you guys paying attention an update. For any of you guys thinking about buying a Vapcap do it. You will never and I mean never find people more concerned about making there customers happy than these guys. Best buisness I have ever dealt with by far. It also helps of course that they have an awesome product that works amazingly well for sure. These guys make me want to just buy more from them. Its crazy.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Vapor_Eyes Nice pictures man!You are the master of GIF as we can see!

Thanks! I thought the motion of the GIF would help show how tactile the twist is. I was trying to achieve an effect like watching old films, with flickering and lighting/contrast fluctuations. I didn't quite capture what I pictured in my mind, I need the adjustable depth of field a DSLR would provide.

"Reality is truth's smile when she beholds her own face in a perfect mirror"

IMG_5753.jpg

(35mm - f6.3 - 4,0s - iso 100 and a bunch of fingerprints to wipe)

Another lovely picture! I'm running out of ways to compliment your photography. The Omni really looks like it's floating in this one, and I like how the transition between the mirror and background is seamless. Your pictures are definitely on another level!

:clap::clap::clap:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Sorry in advance if this has been asked before.

I'm interested in one of either the Cocobolo or Blackwood TI-Woody.

Is the wood in any way certified to come from a sustainable cultivation?
No, haven't found anything.

Well, these are beautifully crafted pieces but I can't see me buying those kinds of woods if they're coming from questionable sources (especially rain forest regions).

I'd rather buy some "more standard" walnut or cherry instead (unfortunately not available).
All my woods that I make my stems out of are ethically harvested through local arborists. Most of the slabs I have show signs of disease and rot meaning the tree was ready to come down or already on its way out. I see making things from these trees as giving them a new life and purpose. Where otherwise they would have been left to rot or BURNED for fire wood and we would never have seen the beautiful wood I have been posting.

I can't speak for @VapCap 's wood but I thought I would let everyone know about my own since the topic came up.

StiltedLimboDancer

All my woods that I make my stems out of are ethically harvested through local arborists. Most of the slabs I have show signs of disease and rot meaning the tree was ready to come down or already on its way out. I see making things from these trees as giving them a new life and purpose. Where otherwise they would have been left to rot or BURNED for fire wood and we would never have seen the beautiful wood I have been posting.

I can't speak for @VapCap 's wood but I thought I would let everyone know about my own since the topic came up.

This sounds wonderful. Thank you for letting us know.

:love:

premarket

I'm new to vaporizing and i just have a few questions in regards to the vapcap.

i'm looking to purchase the Ti-Carbon-S and im wondering if i can connect it to my bong that is a female 14mm.

Will I be able to do this or do i have to purchase a Nonavong instead?

premarket

You don't need a vong, just get one of the $1 rubber mouthpieces that Dynavap sells, and you can form a perfect seal with your glass. I often use my omnivap this way, despite having a Vong.

oh lol thats so simple.

can you explain to me what the difference between the Nonavong and let's say the Ti-Carbon-S?

Like from what I understand, the Nonavong is made for waterpipes, but wouldnt it be a better idea to get a Ti-Carbon-S and just put the big fat mouthpiece as the adapter and use it like that?

Not seeing the benefit of having the Nonavong over the Ti-Carbon-S with the mouth piece.

Thanks!

Farid

The nonavong is easier to use with a waterpiece because you don't need to have the extra mouthpiece, but if you like the look of the more slender body you can absolutely still use whatever you get with water. The nonavong also makes it easier to find the carb, which is important to close when using glass. The wood is also thicker on the Vongs, a reason I chose a vong over the regular body.

Top Bottom