stark1

Lonesome Planet
Hey,

I want to take my Omni to Amsterdam with me but I have only hand luggage. Would I be able to pass airport checks with the omni in my bag?

"Sir/Miss, it is an aromatherapy device, you will find that to be true, please check the website." :ko:

They prolly won't care, given that it is ole Amsterdam. Coming back to Trump Empire may be another story.

I would take an OG, and leave it coming back. GL! :wave:

hinglemccringleberry

I know that the instructions say grinding is not necessary. Are you guys finding that grinding is always a good idea? I originally started just plucking little pieces of nugs off, or using the tip to 'core sample' a larger nug. I got curious and started using my grinder (a four piece knockoff of a SCS that I got from my dispensary as a gift), which grinds very coarse. This is far better performance. Am I not doing the original method right?
Grinding is required optimal performance. Maybe for bigger nugs you'll be ok, but for microdosing grinding is critical. For 0.02 where you're nowhere near filling the chamber all the way, there was a huge difference for me. With just the 0.02 nug, the VC almost doesn't work. With the 0.02 grind, the VC gives surprisingly good performance from such a small amount.
This is interesting. Have you tried the sandwich method?
I have not. No real need to with my method. I have a regular screen right behind the CCD screen and the organic cotton placed over the condenser entrance

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@Pipes. @natural farmer.

Dudes. Had ants in my pants.

Dug up an old Flowemate/Atmos, found its heater diameter compatable
with a VapCap.

Counted 20, to 1st click. Windproof.

f5YvdUO.jpg

Hubris? Blasphemy? Well, yes, but it sure beats burning up the house, indoors; and saves a helava lot of butane, for Walden-like hikes, outside. :nod:

My Daily Driver. LOL

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I know that the instructions say grinding is not necessary. Are you guys finding that grinding is always a good idea? I originally started just plucking little pieces of nugs off, or using the tip to 'core sample' a larger nug. I got curious and started using my grinder (a four piece knockoff of a SCS that I got from my dispensary as a gift), which grinds very coarse. This is far better performance. Am I not doing the original method right?
If you do a whole nug load I suggest doing one first hit about mid way down the cap then pulling the nug out into your palm and crushing it. Then load the crushed remains back into the vapcap for a second less tasty but powerful hit.

Mr. Me2

@Pipes. @natural farmer.

Dudes. Had ants in my pants.

Dug up an old Flowemate/Atmos, found its heater diameter compatable
with a VapCap.

Counted 20, to 1st click. Windproof.

f5YvdUO.jpg

Hubris? Blasphemy? Well, yes, but it sure beats burning up the house, indoors; and saves a helava lot of butane, for Walden-like hikes, outside. :nod:

My Daily Driver. LOL
That looks BRILLIANT!!!

More pictures, please (side view?). And to add to the questions...

How do compare it to butane heating? Even heating? Just as efficient? Flavor difference?

Could this be the best yet?

Squiby

Is a quad lighter too much for the omnivap
No. A quad lighter works just fine, it just works faster. 3 - 4 seconds or so to the click.

I know that the instructions say grinding is not necessary. Are you guys finding that grinding is always a good idea?
I never grind. I microdose. My loads are around 0.015 - 0.020 gms. I just pull off a tiny bit and pop it in there.

any tips for using hash in it?
I vape both soft Afghan hash and rock hard Moroccan hash. The soft hash is pinched off and flattened into a disk. For the hard Moroccan I shave a thin slice and pop it into the chamber. You can place the hash on a bed of fiber or flower, but I find that that's not needed.

Ramie121

"Sir/Miss, it is an aromatherapy device, you will find that to be true, please check the website." :ko:

They prolly won't care, given that it is ole Amsterdam. Coming back to Trump Empire may be another story.

I would take an OG, and leave it coming back. GL! :wave:

TBH I think I might just get a wooden body for my omni. I think with it in a wooden/carbon body airport officials will question it a lot less

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
What's your problem? Possession of a vape isn't illegally so long it's clean, at least in the NL.
Buy a little bit of ISO in A'dam for cleaning your device before you return, fill it with tobacco and everything should be ok. So what are you fearing?

Ramie121

What's your problem? Possession of a vape isn't illegally so long it's clean, at least in the NL.
Buy a little bit of ISO in A'dam for cleaning your device before you return, fill it with tobacco and everything should be ok. So what are you fearing?

I wouldn't be worried if it was an electric vape. It's the simply fact to 99.9% of people the omnivap looks a bit suspect. It's a smallish metal object that is easy to take apart and could potential be used as a weapon. I don't want to have to give up my vape at the airport.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I wouldn't be worried if it was an electric vape. It's the simply fact to 99.9% of people the omnivap looks a bit suspect. It's a smallish metal object that is easy to take apart and could potential be used as a weapon. I don't want to have to give up my vape at the airport.

Used as a weapon?

Just don't bring it if you don't want to. It's not worth the stress.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Is a quad lighter too much for the omnivap??
Not once you've mastered a single torch. My quad gets my VapCap hotter much quicker, and instead of the more distinct two clicks on heating up that I get with my single, it's just one louder click. On the second and third heat cycle if I'm not careful with removing the lighter immediately when I hear the click, I can get it hotter than intended/combust. It is much quicker than the single torch lighter that I use though. I think a happy medium is a dual torch.

If I'm out and about with it I don't really bother with grinding. Just break a little chunk or three off and stick it into the bowl. When I'm at home or able to use my grinder, I prefer the medium to fine grind. More surface area is always going to give you better performance with conduction vaporizing. It's not necessary because you can get full extraction with pieces of bud, unlike other vaporizers which rely on grinding it to get it fully vaporized. Also, since you get more surface area with grinding it up, you can finish the load in less hits and they're denser. Both ways are correct.

I feel like you might be overthinking it a little bit. I would just clean it up as well as the case with ISO and toss it in the toiletries bag. If you're really nervous about it clean it up and go to the local tobacco shop and buy a bit of pipe tobacco to take with it?:shrug:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@Ramie121 if you are worried, don't take it. No worry taking it clean to Schiphol, it's other airports
with worried personnel. Murphy's Law applies.

Vaposhop in 'dam carries VapCaps, I believe. Contact and reserve a disposable OG ( or an Omni ).

The other option is possibly to pre-mail your clean Omni to yourself both ways.

They never bothered me, when I had the nuts to fly across the pond.

PS The OG looks like a crack pipe, to some.

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I appreciate @Ramie121 concerns as it's not so much taking it out but getting it back into the country.
It only takes a small amount of reclaim to alert a sniffy dog and you could end up with a bit of explaining to do while they search your bag.
Luckily the VC Collective is here to give up any and all ideas to make it less of a worry.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning, George thought is be best I stop by and share with you all here that may not know what I have going on over at Desktops. Sure I know a bunch of you do know but hey some may not so spreading the word is a good thing. If you all are looking for an alternative to the torch well here you have a desktop where the newer VC tips will slide over the heat port and you can use the VC as a standard log stem.

Thuya-WoodScents-Titanium-Aromalog-Eds-TnT-1-768x356.png

The WoodScents is utilizing Ti med grade internals for a clean healthy experience. Looking down the barrel you will notice the really neat Ti filter discs used in the VC tips and also above you can see the WS comes with a wooden stem and 14/18mm wong where the VC tip may be swapped to either for use however you see fit.

WoodScents-Titanium-Internal-Shot-Eds-TnT.png

You can get more info here at my site,

https://edstnt.com/woodscents-titanium-aromalog-diffuser-eds-tnt/

I also have a thread over in the desktops if you wanna stop by there as well. Really appreciate working with @VapCap George and thank him for being a part of the WS roll out and look forward to all the good things to come working with him in the future! Alot of great things are happening yall, many still to come so keep an eye out!

Top Bottom