TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Hi 🙂 Is red spirit okey to use with the alcohol lamp? Afraid it will leave any fumes mixed in the vape..

Good question, i can't comment on the suitability of red spirit as we don't have that where I'm from, I must admit I'm not sure what they are(I even looked it up but am still unsure)

I use methylated spirits, as it burns clean and is cheap, but isopropyl alcohol or high proof alcohol will likely work. :2c::spliff:

2pumpchump

Lots of different alco lamp styles, quite easy to make as well. I do believe that @Planck perfected the diy lamp for the dynavap. ;)

Couple of diy induction heater links if your that way inclined.

Also the Wand is well loved by many, if you are USA based then IHs by Pipes are well regarded too.

Hi 🙂 Is red spirit okey to use with the alcohol lamp? Afraid it will leave any fumes mixed in the vape..
I'm not sure what exactly you mean by red spirit.. ??? But they is a lot to take in consideration .. the % and weather you flame is carbonized or clean and if it is red then what made it red ?
And this is closer to what I was thinking of trying

https://www.amazon.com/Alcohol-Expe...BW7gdBH-zHpUZ_ZUD1YpebB18NzN2ELsaAhdUEALw_wcB

2pumpchump,

Tji89

Red spirit is the same as methylated spirits in Norway as I understand. It's 70-95% denatured etylalkohol, etanol (C2H5OH). They add the colour fuksin which gives it a red colour (don't know

Red spirit is used as fuel for camp stoves etc, hope it's good to use for lighting vc too.

Tji89,

gotbadvas

Well I finally got a wand and I wish I would have gotten one sooner. It's a nice way for me to use my omni anytime I don't want to draw attention with my torch. I have been liking it for while I sit at my computer the most. If I still played games online it would be ideal for me to quickly take a hit and have everything cool off almost instantly.

Some of those desktop torches and lamps look like they could be very chill to use as well. Just be careful you don't start an alcohol fire at your desk it could be real bad. I like the alcohol idea though it should be much cheaper to run than butane no?

2pumpchump

Red spirit is the same as methylated spirits in Norway as I understand. It's 70-95% denatured etylalkohol, etanol (C2H5OH). They add the colour fuksin which gives it a red colour (don't know

Red spirit is used as fuel for camp stoves etc, hope it's good to use for lighting vc too.
ok so i looked up the dye seams to be kind of like the dye we put in offroad fuels ...the dye in it is nontoxic when ingested . denatured ETH is fine your going to want 90% minim no less i would still rather the dye ...but if you do try it make sure your flame is nice and blue no yellow .... not sure for their but isopropyl migt not be better for you what is your other available choices ???

2pumpchump,

coolbreeze

Stumbeld upon this pipe. Would be cool to use it with a Dynavap tip. Maybe somebody has experience with it or knows of a similar pipe?
How about this? I don't see this in his store, but maybe @Hookahhead_MD can share how to grab one.
uag9ybnfknka1.jpg

If it's the waterpipe part you're after, you might find like a nectar collector that will fit a tip.

Last edited:

tgvp

Any pipe with a 10mm female will work. The one you linked seems to incompatible with a dynavap. I like to use this for water filtration. But you can find plenty of other options due to the fact that 10mm is quite a standard size

tgvp,

condition

🆕 Armored cap: mixed feelings. It requires the double heating time than the low temp cap that I prefer. Fits the 5 fin ti tip too tightly. Immediately after vaping, even if I grab it and pull it, with the help of a cloth, most times the tip is detaching from the revolve stem instead of the armored cap.

Regarding using it with the wand: before the armored cap, I was using the wand with a low temp cap and only the glass part of the adapter, not the silicone. Now, the armored cap does not of course fit to the glass, so I used only the silicone part of the adapter, with a minivap filter attached to the lower ring (if you are familiar with the DV the Wand converter). Still needs more than double heating time of the low temp cap and vapor production is not double. But I will test it more, I still haven't torch it.

Does the armored cap change color with the torch? Is anyone using armored cap with the Wand?

The cap key chain is more like a joke. Doesn't have any real use with the armored cap and looks ugly for my keychain, especially for 16 euro 💶 🥴

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The cap key chain is more like a joke. Doesn't have any real use with the armored cap and looks ugly for my keychain, especially for 16 euro 💶 🥴
I have to disagree. Actually you seem to as well...
even if I grab it and pull it, with the help of a cloth,
The "dynaglove" as I like to call it is way better than a cloth being "leather" and therefore thicker and cooler to hold.

My problem with the AC is it's just too tight to easily get on and off most of my tips, but the dynaglove helps a lot with that. Just not enough to get me to use the AC much.

tgvp

Still needs more than double heating time of the low temp cap and vapor production is not double
But the goal is to be able to draw multiple hits from a single heating cycle, isn't it? To get bigger clouds, you would need higher temps, while this device is just a bigger heat sink

tgvp,

condition

Dynaglove?

QUOTE="tgvp, post: 1712623, member: 81568"]
But the goal is to be able to draw multiple hits from a single heating cycle, isn't it? To get bigger clouds, you would need higher temps, while this device is just a bigger heat sink
[/QUOTE]
I haven't been able to draw multiple hits from one heating cycle. Have only used the Wand, I received it today. I trust that with torch it will be better. Does the torch make a discoloration in the armored cap?

condition,

jkeyes98

Well I can't say I'm a new member no more lol but I am still finding my way around. I have been considering IH but not sure if I will like it over torch heating. 🤷‍♂️ and as an electric geek have considered a diy project .the function mix Amp /+IH is possible and actually the same hevey duty power supply
The walk man I assume you mean the cassette version... can be a housings but the (EMF) is not good for tapes ....
My question for the day on IH units is any one in heat using the other features of the WAND
By other features do you mean using it for dabs? it works great for dabs but the cups and banger feel fragile, my brother broke one by leaving them dirty and trying to separate cold.

This is the current setup for my Dynavap's, also have a vong with a SS-tip for heavier rips out of glass.

if anyone is having issue with the wand not clicking fast enough try raising where the cap sits in the chamber. I used 2 small pieces of silicone mat to raise mine.

OCDeeeznuts

The Dynavap tea time last night had a split second flash of the M+. I’m not sure if I’m seeing things, but it almost looks like it has a really long skinny large airport close to the mouth piece. I can’t figure out how to upload images here so I’ll share these 2 photos here.

coolbreeze

Does the torch make a discoloration in the armored cap?
I have used the torch each time (~10x) except once to try the Flux Deluxe, there's a little bit for color on the scraper. I torch it normally, spinning it and aiming 2/3 down the cap:
IMG-3950.jpg

The Dynavap tea time last night had a split second flash of the M+. I’m not sure if I’m seeing things, but it almost looks like it has a really long skinny large airport close to the mouth piece. I can’t figure out how to upload images here so I’ll share these 2 photos here.
Thanks for posting. Did he talk about it, mention any improvements or anything at all?

Last edited:

coolbreeze

From what you can see, it does look like it could be a relocated/reshaped airport less easy to close off; the pinch/rocker is still where it should be, but there's no holes there. Maybe the big innovation this time is finally killing the carb once and for all. ; )

On a more serious note, I wonder if he's hiding anything interesting holding it like that? And it does look like that's the AC there covering up any hint of a new tip.

coolbreeze,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I haven't been able to draw multiple hits from one heating cycle. Have only used the Wand, I received it today. I trust that with torch it will be better. Does the torch make a discoloration in the armored cap?
While I haven't used it much, the reason is not that it doesn't work as intended. For me it does, I can get 2 or 3 hits from a single torch heating of the AC depending on how quickly I take them. My reticence is only the difficulty taking it off while hot without pulling the tip with it. If I had the right tool to reduce the captiveness of the cap, or if it came less "captivated", it would get more use, at least at my house.

condition

I've noticed the color change as well. So I've been torching mostly the Dynavap logo.
20230303-132319.jpg

Hard to tell in the blurry photo, but the logo has a little rainbow effect.
Hi, I know that you are experienced FMJ user. Do you find armored cap superior than FMJ? Find yourself using it more after initial testing?

condition,
Reactions: ezpz

tgvp

While I haven't used it much, the reason is not that it doesn't work as intended. For me it does, I can get 2 or 3 hits from a single torch heating of the AC depending on how quickly I take them. My reticence is only the difficulty taking it off while hot without pulling the tip with it. If I had the right tool to reduce the captiveness of the cap, or if it came less "captivated", it would get more use, at least at my house.
Ok, the opposite problem of the standard cap being too loose and falling on your lap when red hot 🤔 That problem gets solved by deforming the cap, but I don't know if you can loosen it the same way. I may be interested, I love my DV with IH but at 50€, it's quite an investment...

tgvp,
Reactions: cybrguy

ezpz

Do you find armored cap superior than FMJ?
I think so. It holds the heat longer and gives me a more even extraction. Plus it just looks like a more refined product.

I haven't had a problem with removing my AC. I've been using a DLC Ti tip from Madheaters and a standard Ti tip, and both tips work without issue. The one thing that sucks is that AC can't be used with the Reload decapper (should've got a "dynaglove").

So Fmj will go on standby for now.

Cannabiker

I slept on the $175 Simrell Hyper 9 early drop, but I was really tempted, and then Troy and Jerry woke my dormant VAS. So I came here to see what people think, as FC has been the most dependable resource for years, IMO. Amazingly, I can find nothing about a big drop from a well-known manufacturer. Simrell isn't listed in the manufacturer list, and the only things that come up in a search are pieces for sale or incidental references, mostly on this thread (which is why I posted this here--sorry if it's somewhat off-topic).

Did I miss something, or is my search game just way off?

(The Hpyer 9 should arrive sometime tomorrow.)

Cannabiker,
Top Bottom