• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

coolbreeze

I just never got the point of them. If I want a lower temp hit I heat higher up the cap for an earlier click, imho

What am I missing?
I'm not sure exactly how it works (is it relative thicknesses of metals in the disks that causes a difference in when it clicks? Idk.), but it seems to produce a more flavorful, more even roast more reliably than even reasonably consistent technique. Or at least, I haven't developed a technique that can reliably hit that same roast as consistently as I can with the low-temp cap. But it's probably even more challenging to get that roast reliably (not to mention avoiding char flavor) with an IH not specifically tuned for your cap/tip combo. I guess the point is, it's the right tool for the job.

Last edited:

Antrim50

I'm not sure exactly how it works (is it relative thicknesses of metals in the disks that causes a difference in when it clicks? Idk.), but it seems to produce a more flavorful, more even roast more reliably than even reasonably reliable technique. Or at least, I haven't developed a technique that can reliably hit that same roast as consistently as I can with the low-temp cap. But it's probably even more challenging to get that roast reliably (not to mention avoiding char flavor) with an IH not specifically tuned for your cap/tip combo.
Yes the discs do exactly that.

Either way it sounds like you're getting the best results, so enjoy 😉

Green Kiwi

I'm thinking I may need a new tip and cap for the resolve I'm gonna order but I don't know what to get. I like the 21 Vong tip I have, but maybe I should try a 21 Omni tip...

The omni 2021 is my favourite,i am a low temp vapour guy.:2c:.
My AVB is between, sort of green and slightly tanned.
not interested in the heady shit after that.:2c:.
I love the Vong Tip 2021 too, it's different, say slightly hotter than the Omni.
I Use It 20+ bowls a day with "@Trift Drifter"long stem, such a delight:rockon:.
I LOVE how it's slowly building up an own taste, and this is Kanuka, one of the most delicious flowering trees I know of...and you taste it in your hit's.:love:.

warren0728

If you're going for a flavor setup, I'd suggest a Ti tip and low-temp cap. I think a '21 Omni tip would be even more flavorful with bigger clouds HOWEVER they get pretty darn hot and offload a lot of that heat into to stem. I have worries about that regarding my wooden stems, so I got an extra Hydra stem to test it with for awhile in the hopes that it won't crack. So far, so good.
thanks ... i ended up going with a standard ti tip and standard cap

GoldenBud

thanks ... i ended up going with a standard ti tip and standard cap
that's all you need.. the Ti tip is their best part imho.. makes it into a Super M!
5usdqj.jpg

Last edited:

mwnger

I got excited by the sale - 30% off with free Intl shipping (over $100) - I'd never ordered direct before because of costs. So yesterday I put an order in for $100 of parts including a Vong stem, a new cap and some SS screens I desperately need (more longlasting than Ti), plus some merch like a hat, stickers, tshirt, plectrums.

I was happy with that but a voice kept telling me to go back for the Obsidium Omni - with the discount it was ~£130, slightly less than I paid for my XL a couple of years ago. Even if I get an import tax bill I think it should still come out less than it's likely to be here from resellers in a typical 20% off sale. So, late last night, in the last few hours of the sale I placed my second direct order from Dynavap.

Total victim :D

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Boy the last half of this week got away from me, but we made it y’all. I spent the past two days @Bad Dog contemplating your question and with much dismay I have no definitive answer.

revolve or mvs???????????
1B25058B-E465-453B-A061-6D1AC81696DD.jpeg
I’m just not the guy to say one or the other which one is better. I strongly feel you should have both. @Brenyo has made a lot of improvements in the Revolve since I received my unit, though I will say the features on mine work relatively flawlessly in function and the unit feels refined. The MVS is more elegant, just plain, simple, and beautiful. With the Revolve there is a lot going on in it’s small package even though it is smaller and less chunky than the MVS. The Revolve is very streamlined and lightweight. Some of the Revolves features that I enjoy that the MVS doesn’t have is a mouthpiece that can be set to spin or not spin, restriction control separate from fresh air intake, a screen for added filtration and cooling, and a way beefier cooling unit that can inject air into the vapor path in different fashions. I believe the Revolve will be well received within the community, especially amongst the diehards. I do wonder if the many feature of the Revolve will go unutilized by less experienced users. If you want more features for less money the Revolve will win all day long. I do want to end by saying, the MVS is one of the finest stems I own.. I also put the Xl Vortex on the same pedestal. I’m really looking forward to MadHeaters putting this out and hearing what everyone thinks about it.

mwnger

Amazing, my first presale order of bits and pieces is here with me in the UK, just over 48 hours after I placed it. All my swag plus a couple of extra stickers, with no import tax/duty. Fantastic service from Dynavap.

The late night Obsidium is still to come, it has been taxed, which seems like on the original price, plus there is a handling fee from DHL. I thought this may happen but it's more than I thought it would be, £47 or an extra 36% on what I already paid for it :doh: Glad I split the order. Still, this ends up virtually the same as the piece from a UK dealer with 20% off. Looking forward to getting my hands on it soon!

thunderstealer1337

I'm not sure exactly how it works (is it relative thicknesses of metals in the disks that causes a difference in when it clicks? Idk.), but it seems to produce a more flavorful, more even roast more reliably than even reasonably consistent technique. Or at least, I haven't developed a technique that can reliably hit that same roast as consistently as I can with the low-temp cap. But it's probably even more challenging to get that roast reliably (not to mention avoiding char flavor) with an IH not specifically tuned for your cap/tip combo. I guess the point is, it's the right tool for the job.
The cap is the indication of when to stop heating. You can get the same effects with reg caps. The cap does not provide the heat you do. It's only there since we are sold on the click noise. You get identical effects if you don't heat to click on reg caps.

Try it, say a low temp cap clicks using same spin and torch placement techniques at 8-10 secs vs 11-13 secs for reg. Pull the reg cap at 8-10 secs = same exact hit as a low temp cap

Again the cap does not do the heating - you are via torch or ih

coolbreeze

The cap is the indication of when to stop heating. You can get the same effects with reg caps. The cap does not provide the heat you do. It's only there since we are sold on the click noise. You get identical effects if you don't heat to click on reg caps.

Try it, say a low temp cap clicks using same spin and torch placement techniques at 8-10 secs vs 11-13 secs for reg. Pull the reg cap at 8-10 secs = same exact hit as a low temp cap

Totally true, but we don't need a click at all if we're willing to sit there and count it out each time. I would never remember to do that, being sorta high at the time, so I rely on the click. I also rely on the click on the low-temp cap to remind me of a similar, but lower-temp, doneness.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Having a temperature controlled IH makes a *huge* difference. It's such a game changer to be able to set an IH to 170°C and enjoy some super flavorful puffs or just set it to 220°C and kill a chamber with one big rip, without the need to focus on some click , pulsing, reheating...

GoldenBud

the cap weights 0.83gr while the ti tip weights 3.20gr so it means that the cap is like responsible for 20% of the heating, so I agree, the cap isn't the "heater" in this case, so is the tip..

GoldenBud,

Cannabiker

Yeah, I think most of us understand how a Dynavap works. For me, the goal is to make it as seamless as possible, to just drop it into an IH and wait for the click. I don't want spin it, hold it at the perfect angle, put a timer on it, or to have to think much at all about it. I've learned to do all those things, but I'd prefer to achieve the perfect hit through equipment rather than technique. I want vaping to be as easy as smoking.

thunderstealer1337

I recommend everyone to setup a dynavap where you can hit it during the heatup process, you can control and visually see when the vapor starts producing, you can play with the heat to bring it back to make the vapor heavier or pull it away to get lighter terpy hits.

Understanding how the heat effects the tip/cap and not relying on a specific set it and click will make you understand its not the timing of the cap and when it clicks, you can pulse on a ih or reduce distance on the torch placement or even wait secs between applying heat will all effect the cloud production differently. All this is ymmv and I totally understand a set it and forget it till it clicks.

I was the person who burnt myself a few times with a torch passing out spinning, so I had to fine tune my technique on like 10 diff Ih i have had

coolbreeze

I recommend everyone to setup a dynavap where you can hit it during the heatup process, you can control and visually see when the vapor starts producing, you can play with the heat to bring it back to make the vapor heavier or pull it away to get lighter terpy hits.

Understanding how the heat effects the tip/cap and not relying on a specific set it and click will make you understand its not the timing of the cap and when it clicks, you can pulse on a ih or reduce distance on the torch placement or even wait secs between applying heat will all effect the cloud production differently. All this is ymmv and I totally understand a set it and forget it till it clicks.

I was the person who burnt myself a few times with a torch passing out spinning, so I had to fine tune my technique on like 10 diff Ih i have had
I agree in principle that we should experiment as much as possible and get familiar with our DVs--that ritual's part of the charm--and there's nothing that works better than really good technique. But I mentioned before that the low-temp cap could be the right tool for the job, and I think that's particularly true with the Ti tips: it's almost as if the normal cap is designed for the SS tip and the low-temp is designed for Ti tips. I get my best results with the standard Ti tips using the low-temp cap stock: no scorch flavor and perfectly even roast at the click. This is especially true in my more aggressive IHs. I could achieve this through technique alone, yes, and even with my individual heaters, but that's for the times when I'm consciously sitting down to time hits, try various flame heights, spin speeds, distances, but less so when I'm sitting down to watch a show, or have a hit while I hike along the path, and have other things to concentrate on.

My point is, I guess, is if you are getting scorched flavor or uneven heating with a normal pack in a Ti tip, even with good technique or well-working IH, try a low-temp cap and see if it doesn't improve your tip's everyday performance even as you develop your technique.

Top Bottom