Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Last strain when this happened was Zkittlez and now I’m on lemon haze, nothing too oily I’d day, well compare to what I’ve seen available in dispensaries etc.

Demonic chronic,

Demonic chronic

Does it gurgle without a load?
can’t say I’ve tried without, as soon as it happens I deep clean cause I thought it was a resin issue buildup under the screen or some shit. Its happened 2 or 3 times now so next time I’ll deffo see if that happens without a load, cheers bud👍

Last edited:

StayLiftedYo

Anybody here use a coarse grind? I’ve been using my vapcaps with my Woodscents lately and I’m wondering if a coarse grind will be an upgrade. I noticed a real uptick in taste and draw when I started using DDave Ti mesh screens.

I’ll find out for myself when I get a coarse plate for my BCG. But I’d like to know what your experiences are.
A course grind can be delicious, and doesn't gunk up your screen quite so quickly. - Don't be afraid to try an unground mini-bug sometimes too!

Smokey McVape

So lately I’ve been having a problem with my Dynavap that has been pissing me off, I clean my dyna after 3.5g but lately before I’ve even put that much thru it, my dyna starts bubbling like it’s full of resin, so I clean it and and have a look and it’s barley dirty, so what in the fuck is going on!!, pisses me right off cause every time it happens I have to deep clean. It isn’t practical cleaning it in less than a day anymore, if I can’t find a solution I’ll have to stop using the dyna, which is such a shame cause I love these things.
I've been having the same issue for months and I think it's due to the higher temps provided by torch heating. To test this over the last 3 weeks I have been running my 2 Omnis with the same design tips and bud, one torch only, the other IH only and so far I'm only hearing and feeling the bubbling in the torch powered Omni after 2weeks (2.5g).
Looking at the reclaim build up on both condensers I see that the torch powered unit has 2-3 times the amount compared to the IH unit and my uneducated guess is that the excess reclaim is reaching boiling point when heated and causing the bubbling noise. YMMV.

Edit - forgot to mention, torch heating clears a bowl in 2 heat cycles and my IH in 4 heat cycles.

Last edited:

Demonic chronic

I've been having the same issue for months and I think it's due to the higher temps provided by torch heating. To test this over the last 3 weeks I have been running my 2 Omnis with the same design tips and bud, one torch only, the other IH only and so far I'm only hearing and feeling the bubbling in the torch powered Omni after 2weeks (2.5g).
Looking at the reclaim build up on both condensers I see that the torch powered unit has 2-3 times the amount compared to the IH unit and my uneducated guess is that the excess reclaim is reaching boiling point when heated and causing the bubbling noise. YMMV.

Edit - forgot to mention, torch heating clears a bowl in 2 heat cycles and my IH in 4 heat cycles.
I’ve actually stopped using the Dynavaps at the moment because it just wasn’t practical cleaning them every 1-1.5g, was constantly cleaning the bastards(daily), it was driving me fucking mental. I hate IH’s so won’t use one as they don’t get me as high as a torch and among other reasons as I’ve mentioned before.

GoldenBud

this information is super interesting and I think the reason for that is because with a torch you spin the device what brings more force/speed to the system (like "circular motion") not 100% sure but I find it a possible reason tho...

GoldenBud,
Reactions: pop22

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@Smokey McVape - two things worth noting from my experience - one; my stems have a 4mm ID, similar to the DV condensers. When I set the vape upright, quite often I'd have a small clog at the end of the stem, just above the tip. In the case of an M or Omni, that would be right at the o-ring on the tip. I could see reclaim dripping into the tip and having their own party. Do you get crusty buildup past the CCD in the fin-region?

As to reclaim buildup, #2, I will add this as it seems to have relevance. When I stared testing heaters I ran into one that would push 90+ watts on my hot caps. Compare this with 60-70 watts as the norm in my rotation. Something was off - I wasn't getting nearly as much vape with the more intense heat. I quickly found out why. I was having to push some golden brown reclaim from the stem within a few days where I'd normally go a month or more and get a deep red reclaim. Obviously the thing I felt was off was the condensation, which in wood is not a common concern.

The fact that your torch is piling on the reclaim tells me that you are heating with the torch much more intensely than the IH. If you could force your IH to push 90-100 watts, it would act much the same, but likely combust a lot as milliseconds would matter.

I wanted nothing to do with the excess power in an IH but you might be onto something when it comes to torch-or-die natives, for which I have the utmost respect.

Smokey McVape

@Smokey McVape - two things worth noting from my experience - one; my stems have a 4mm ID, similar to the DV condensers. When I set the vape upright, quite often I'd have a small clog at the end of the stem, just above the tip. In the case of an M or Omni, that would be right at the o-ring on the tip. I could see reclaim dripping into the tip and having their own party. Do you get crusty buildup past the CCD in the fin-region?

As to reclaim buildup, #2, I will add this as it seems to have relevance. When I stared testing heaters I ran into one that would push 90+ watts on my hot caps. Compare this with 60-70 watts as the norm in my rotation. Something was off - I wasn't getting nearly as much vape with the more intense heat. I quickly found out why. I was having to push some golden brown reclaim from the stem within a few days where I'd normally go a month or more and get a deep red reclaim. Obviously the thing I felt was off was the condensation, which in wood is not a common concern.

The fact that your torch is piling on the reclaim tells me that you are heating with the torch much more intensely than the IH. If you could force your IH to push 90-100 watts, it would act much the same, but likely combust a lot as milliseconds would matter.

I wanted nothing to do with the excess power in an IH but you might be onto something when it
comes to torch-or-die natives, for which I have the utmost respect.
#1 - build up past the CCD in the fin region.
I get a lot of reclaim/particle build up if I don't clean regularly due to my technique - I usually put a whole nug in for the first heat cycle for flavour then remove, crush and repack for heat cycle two and this is where the particle matter comes from - leaving the bug whole for both heat cycles almost eliminates this issue as does using hemp fibre under the CCD as a makeshift filter if using the half bowl setting.
I am waiting for some 9.75mm mesh screens to arrive from USA as an alternative to the traditional CCD. The holes are much smaller and should catch most of the particulate matter - I will put up a review when I receive them.

#2 - heating intensity.
Using a torch takes much more time to reach the click as one side of the bowl is always outside of the flame but the longer heat cycle allows the heat to permeate through the load more than when heating with an IH and this gives full extraction in fewer heat cycles. I have 2 main IHs (portside mini and Cauldron) and neither have the facility to change the power output so I can't compare reclaim colour differences in this instance.

Smokey McVape,
  • Love
Reactions: TommyDee

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I can do full extraction in two cycles with my older, hotter caps in an IH. I suspect you are right that the partial heating zone allows for better optimization of the heat. Although I like these hits, my daily sessions are 3 draws - flavor hit - the money hit - and the heady hit which is sip&dip to char. I do this 10 times a day so simple is important. Combustion is a rare event these days. Maintenance is ~monthly.

Since I've been using IHs with smaller coils unlike the stock offering from China with the ZVS module, I don't have that crust in the tip past the CCD. This was all reclaim being cooked rather than bits of flower. I use Flite, Hotshot/Brute, and the wand. Each has a very targeted heat zone.

If anything, you're looking for a hotter heater or a hotter cap. I have not been able to get newer caps to act like the older caps yet. They work fine but there is a world of difference in an IH.

Antrim50

So lately I’ve been having a problem with my Dynavap that has been pissing me off, I clean my dyna after 3.5g but lately before I’ve even put that much thru it, my dyna starts bubbling like it’s full of resin, so I clean it and and have a look and it’s barley dirty, so what in the fuck is going on!!, pisses me right off cause every time it happens I have to deep clean. It isn’t practical cleaning it in less than a day anymore, if I can’t find a solution I’ll have to stop using the dyna, which is such a shame cause I love these things.
Is this not tiny amounts of fluid trapped inside, between the disc and the cap? I usually get it after a clean but it usually goes within a few heating cycles.

Antrim50,

Demonic chronic

Is this not tiny amounts of fluid trapped inside, between the disc and the cap? I usually get it after a clean but it usually goes within a few heating cycles.
nah it’s not, I dry after I clean and do a couple of empty heat cycles to make sure, happens after about 1-1.5g or about a day of vaping bud.

Last edited:
Demonic chronic,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
well its been nice reacquainting myself with my Dynavap but all good things must come to a end?!? my mom who is a cbd user will be borrowing my setup. she just finished up a cannabreak which was difficult and she apparently wants to get back to it with gusto, she actually asked me for it :lol: . she always appreciated the quicker onset of vaping but found my devices to irritating and in fact already failed to be able to use the Dynavap through a water piece. mouth pulls seem to be ok and she was able to vape a full bowl before her break so I think if she takes a bottle of ginger ale to have with it, that will help.

pop22

this information is super interesting and I think the reason for that is because with a torch you spin the device what brings more force/speed to the system (like "circular motion") not 100% sure but I find it a possible reason tho...
I've been using a stirring motion with my IH. I move the M around in the glass dish like I'm stirring something. I get good hits and evenly cooked AVB. I've been getting 3 good hits from one load. Haven't tried for 4 yet I imagine it would be toasty a 4.

Top Bottom