coolbreeze

how far you can take the low-temp cap after the click with Ti tip? like 2-3 seconds after the click? if you want to fully smash the bowl
Haven't tried but it's probably that or more, since its temp is probably the equivalent of a second or two earlier as compared to a regular cap. What I like them for is you almost never get the slight scorch flavor you get with a regular cap on a Ti tip; everything cooks nice and evenly with good flavor lasting well into the bowl.

edit: Now you got me thinking. Bet you could take down a half-bowl in one shot while preserving the flavor...

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Why bother going past the click on a low temp cap? It's designed to offer a cooler experience and not to as you say smash the bowl!
I just want to test it and see if the draw will lead to less coughing, when it second-clicks, I will test it soon :lol:
(SJK IH using, while reaching the second-click with Ti tip, the bowl is done after long draw, but it will make me cough... let's see how it goes with low temp cap)

GoldenBud,
Reactions: pop22

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
I just want to test it and see if the draw will lead to less coughing, when it second-clicks, I will test it soon :lol:
(SJK IH using, while reaching the second-click with Ti tip, the bowl is done after long draw, but it will make me cough... let's see how it goes with low temp cap)
The reason I got the low temp was because of coughing, helped tremendously:tup:

pop22

I've been experimenting with my IH. Besides using a stirring motion, I tried this: Heat to click on first heating, again for the second hit, stirring the vape while heating. After the second hit, I set the M on the magnet for about 5 seconds to draw off a little heat, then place in the IH again and stir until it clicks. I tried the same for the fourth hit. I got a light hit on the first, good heavy hits on the second and third, and another light hit on the the fourth. I have an AVB pic from yesterday's three hit test. I'll check today's AVB in a while. Yesterdays is toasted an even medium brown.
I feel these techniques are letting me get the best out of using an IH, and I'm quite pleased with the results
And unlike with a torch, I've not once got that burnt taste that ruins the experience.

the dark spots in the pic are merely shadows, not a great pic I admit lol!

AVB pic1.jpg

Mr.Sifter

Do you folks happen to know if Dynavap‘s Black Friday sale will be via a discount code at checkout or the whole shop at reduced prices?

Mr.Sifter,

Cannabiker

via a code or via reduced pricing on all items?
It's a code. They sent it in an email to people signed up for their newsletter. If you're not signed up, you should, and you should check the promotions section of your email (if you use gmail), because that's probably where their messages will go.

The email says it's an exclusive offer for people signed up for the newsletter, but I doubt the checkout cart sorts for newsletter membership, so I'd imagine the code works for anyone. It's EARLY30.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Well, my vape space is still at the work bench in the garage. Finishing my basement is going as scheduled and my wife hasn’t ixnayed my new and improved vape/music room. Good things to come but they can’t come soon enough because the garage isn’t getting any warmer.
CED74402-907A-45AB-93C7-3245F0092F81.jpeg
At the work bench I’ve been continuing to use and enjoy my MadHeaters Revolve stem. The black look of it has me thinking, any word on when I might be able to buy a black 2021M? The one that came with the Obsidian bundle. I really wish I had grabbed a 2019m, was it the shadow? I like when the black looks thick and the metal doesn’t shine through.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I really like my regular old titanium tip and was also looking to get something new when the sense launches. that 21 omni is lovely to look at:love:

if only you could get the onyx

Bad Dog,

pop22

I just realized I had failed to mention that I have the cap set to a 1/2 bowl. So now I'm impressed. I bought one of those introductory packs and I'm going to use that one set up for a full load and see how that works with the IH. I know I just hit the M and am having a nice wake and bake! Not something I do often.

JJ785

Tried the low-temp cap last night with a '21 Omni and it made what I consider the most flavorful tip produce even better flavor with more even roasting. And no coughing! It's a good cap.
I agree and have two of them, but I'm surprised that the LT cap appears so well-regarded here, considering they are captive (these days) and a lot of folk seem to hate captives in general:ko:

JJ785,

Antrim50

I agree and have two of them, but I'm surprised that the LT cap appears so well-regarded here, considering they are captive (these days) and a lot of folk seem to hate captives in general:ko:
I just never got the point of them. If I want a lower temp hit I heat higher up the cap for an earlier click, imho

What am I missing?

Antrim50,

Cannabiker

I just never got the point of them. If I want a lower temp hit I heat higher up the cap for an earlier click, imho

What am I missing?
You're missing an induction heater. The IHs I've used--Fluxer and Ispire--heat the load right up to the edge of combustion with a regular cap. The ABV is always full-roast dark. With a low temp cap, I get more of a medium roast, with the option to go a couple of second past the click for total darkness. With a regular cap I'd have to pull it before the click for similar results, and that would take some careful timing. I'm not always careful during a session.

warren0728

i am going to setup a nonavong as a dedicated unit for my j-hook ... i have everything but a tip/cap ...

should i pick up a titanium or stainless tip for the setup? thinking of taking advantage of the 30% off deal going on.

thanks

coolbreeze

i am going to setup a nonavong as a dedicated unit for my j-hook ... i have everything but a tip/cap ...

should i pick up a titanium or stainless tip for the setup? thinking of taking advantage of the 30% off deal going on.

thanks
If you're going for a flavor setup, I'd suggest a Ti tip and low-temp cap. I think a '21 Omni tip would be even more flavorful with bigger clouds HOWEVER they get pretty darn hot and offload a lot of that heat into to stem. I have worries about that regarding my wooden stems, so I got an extra Hydra stem to test it with for awhile in the hopes that it won't crack. So far, so good.

Antrim50

You're missing an induction heater. The IHs I've used--Fluxer and Ispire--heat the load right up to the edge of combustion with a regular cap. The ABV is always full-roast dark. With a low temp cap, I get more of a medium roast, with the option to go a couple of second past the click for total darkness. With a regular cap I'd have to pull it before the click for similar results, and that would take some careful timing. I'm not always careful during a session.
Ok. I do use an IH, but I can vary the depth that the tip sits in the IH with a silicon disc. Higher up the cap for a quicker click..

Last edited:

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
None of my low temp caps are captivey

Demonic chronic,
Top Bottom