stark1

Lonesome Planet
Which? Blue? Or Soviet.

When you said rotate coil 180 degrees, I had understood it to mean flip the coil 180 degrees.

I now think you had meant to turn the coil 180 degrees ( on its long axis )? To do so, the PCB
Would have to be reconfigured. Plus, the “knee” would still be the same distance from the plastic
Casing, with the same effect (with the IC on the right now being fried as well).

I guess understanding you (most times) has me flipping 180 degrees on the shorter axis.....

Its all good.
Goes back to bed.

Last edited:
stark1,

kel

FuckMisogynists!

haha, good name... it can certainly pack a punch :goon:

It's a really good combination; a new lease of life for an awesome bit of gear I genuinely thought I would never use again. I'm using it with the easy flow dynavap water tool adapter, same way as with a water pipe. I like it - proper chillum vibes without the total devastation of your lungs!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
If you are niffy with an iron, “TED” DEE has a solution.

Remember to rotate it on its major axis, and not be a flipper. Better yet,
use your Rover for a crack-free-experience. J/k ;)

Happy Vape Free Summer, everyone!

PS Looks like DV has one IH offer, the Rover

Last edited:
stark1,

mwnger

I think it's strange how these exclusive offerings are ye olde Omni (not 2021), and anodized with a standard cap (not PVD coated, or with a colourful cap).

Smokey McVape

how to make old stock attractive and saleable?
Apart from the look I still find the older model to be the better choice for my needs - I sold my 2021 Omni a week after purchase as there wasn't any real difference EXCEPT that the new 2021 Ti tip ONLY works properly with the captive cap due to the air channels on the bowl being rotated by 90 degrees and effectively neutering the air flow if using a non captive cap. YMMV.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I heard this kind of thing before... perhaps that's my theory out of the window,,, but who knows?

kel,
Reactions: mwnger

mwnger

@Smokey McVape that's interesting about the cap, thank you for sharing. You have possibly saved me some money getting hold of a new tip, if it doesn't work so well with a regular cap.

mwnger,

Steamer

Took the 2019 M - it's my travelling companion.
Was reminded what a champ it is, and that it's already bought and paid for.
Bought a 19M tip the other day and I'm completely blown away by it. Very consistent, perfect AVB and miles ahead of the 20M!
Still prefer Ti for flavour though.

Apart from the look I still find the older model to be the better choice for my needs - I sold my 2021 Omni a week after purchase as there wasn't any real difference EXCEPT that the new 2021 Ti tip ONLY works properly with the captive cap due to the air channels on the bowl being rotated by 90 degrees and effectively neutering the air flow if using a non captive cap. YMMV.
I can't help but notice a huge difference between the two. I can heat the old 5-fin tip 1s past the click on round 1 and after that on the click and noooooooo longer. The new Omni tip can take some extra heat, it usually takes 2-3s past the click on every heat cycle to get some lovely clouds and flavour in my case. So it's a bit more fool proof for sure.

Still undecided as to which one I like most. The old 5-fin tip heats up and cools down really fast, the new Omni tip I can use for hash or moon rocks and that's where it shines imo.

As the new tips become available in the EU as well: I'm very interested in getting a Vong tip. Is it worth the money?

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I am intrigued by this 2019 tip, sounds good... but can't find one in the UK anywhere, anyone any ideas/pointers?

kel,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused

It's in France so you may incurr additional costs....

Looks like we have them all.in the EU....

Chicken No Name,
Reactions: kel

kel

FuckMisogynists!

It's in France so you may incurr additional costs....

Looks like we have them all.in the EU....

Thank you for the links, I am trying to avoid importing if at all possible, for the reasons you mentioned - it's all very silly!

It is just curiosity, I may just wait and see what happens... there is no rush!

Top Bottom