endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Anyone had an opportunity to experience the performance of the all new Ti tip on the 21 VonG? Like the body design, but prepared to swap out the tip if under performs. Bloody arrival date keeps being pushed further down the road.

JamesTiberiousKirk

Anyone had an opportunity to experience the performance of the all new Ti tip on the 21 VonG? Like the body design, but prepared to swap out the tip if under performs. Bloody arrival date keeps being pushed further down the road.
Not wanting to discuss the varied performance of tips (I think the users adjustments to almost any tip is part of the voyage) but the 21 VonG is absolutely the perfect stem for me. It is handsome, light, and the form and fit are fantastic! Used with a water piece it is easy-peasy to find fhat airport for airport feathering aficionados like me.

StringTheorista

I feel like George’s stance on aftermarket stems just makes practical sense. When you take the tip and cap and condenser away, a stem is just a tube of a particular diameter, with or without a hole in the side. Imagine trying to enforce a patent for a tube with a hole in it. It would be a legal nightmare, and quickly become silly.

It makes business sense and PR sense to instead say “yes, artisans, make all the stems you want”. They need the tip and cap to work, and that is where patent protection would, I imagine, be rigorously enforced.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
A huge congratulations and thank you to the team at dynavap for making presales available to international customers via local wholesalers this year. :tup:

I got my package three days ago but haven't had an opportunity to open it till last night.
I got the 2021M I ordered and also included was a complementary 2020M.

Vaped a few bowls in the 21 and my preliminary findings are as follows:

A more restricted airflow than the 2020 not quite as restricted as the 2019.(subjective topic, I know)

My unit was clean on arrival with no visible machining oils on the Qtips i put through it. But I gave it a good wash anyway(I always do)

The captive cap seems quite loose on the tip and jumps around alot, which I was rather concerned about at first, then I noticed two things.
1. it actually kinda makes it easier to "feel" the click in your hand aka increased vibration(the looseness could be a pain in an induction heater though)
2. When the cap does it's little jump it's a visual indicator of the click.

This years model seems more refined, things like.... putting the condenser and orings back in the stem is easier, adjusting the bowl/top setting is too. Better tolerances I suppose.

Performance wise it did its job for sure. :spliff: but I need to do MUCH more testing to draw more accurate conclusions.

Will be interested to see how y'all find this year's offerings. :peace:

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
honestly not trying to sling dirt at the company but it was just something I noticed.
The picture looked like a 1/1 copy and they even have to put a disclaimer up to say it’s not the official GFL one.
GFL even made a little statement saying it’s not official.
I liked to think the GFL guys put a lot of thought and work into designing and manufacturing their products.

anyways it’s all good, I have the real deal over here in front of me so who cares...

I need to get one of those SimRell stingers though for sure, I think that’s next.

happy Easter F Combusters

cancer scan day for me tmr, have to fast all day so I’m going to try to eat as much as I can today!
going to watch the NCAA final in a bit.

doctapeppa

POTV just sent out an email saying they won't be able to fulfil their pre-orders for the Vong in time.

Thank you for purchasing the Dynavap - VONG 2021 at POTV. We appreciate the trust you place in us by choosing POTV.

We’re disappointed to inform you that we are not sure when we will be able to ship your VONG and that we are not able to live up to our shipping estimates.

There have been unexpected delays from the manufacturer. We were supposed to receive our inventory last week so that we could ship orders by no later than April 5th. We have been in constant communication and waiting to get an update from the manufacturer as to when we will receive the VONG. The update we received is that they are not 100% sure they will be able to ship us the VONG this week, but they are hoping this. As a result, this will delay the timing of your order being delivered and we are not 100% sure when you will receive your order.

Please rest assured we are doing our best to get these items to our warehouse and shipped to you as soon as possible. Our latest intel suggests some orders could see delays up to 10 business days from the original estimated shipping date, while others will not be affected or could ship out sooner. These are estimated times as we depend on the manufacturer shipping us the items, receiving them at our warehouse, and preparing them for shipment.

We will ensure that as we get more information, we will communicate it to you. Please accept our apologies and hope you understand this was something unforeseen. Our intention is always to stand behind our commitments, and we don’t take this lightly.

Thank you again for shopping with us. Please contact us if this potential delay is unacceptable, and we will work with you to make it right.

With best regards, and please stay safe out there,

The POTV Team

Meanwhile, an '21 Omni I ordered just this past Friday from Sneaky Pete, shipped this morning.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
The Vong I ordered from Sneaky North was shipped April 1, but hasn't moved because of the four day holiday. Will arrive the 8th. @JamesTiberiousKirk loved the form factor hence why I clicked the buy button. Just hoping the function factor hasn't taken a back seat.

endof3d,
Reactions: ataxian

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
The Vong I ordered from Sneaky North was shipped April 1, but hasn't moved because of the four day holiday. Will arrive the 8th. @JamesTiberiousKirk loved the form factor hence why I clicked the buy button. Just hoping the function factor hasn't taken a back seat.
I’ll prolly get accused of being a fan or something, but DynaVap is centered around engineering, and if function were to take a back seat to prettiness that could be a serious misstep for them: as lovely as the cosmetic choices may be, it’s the core technology that drives our business with George and with his ecosystem. I put my money on the Omni being an improvement; I’d have the same confidence in the vong, had that been my choice.

Yes, it’s a gamble, to an extent; but George and DynaVap have earned cred with me, individually and collectively...I’d rather gamble on them being the people they’ve shown themselves to be and wanting to keep their business alive. And because it’s a gamble, I accept that I could be wrong, that I could be disappointed. I also accept that this is a personal choice I make, and I do it because I can, and because I want to believe that the good guys win because they’re the best.

Either Dynavap is open to third parties providing competing and complementary gear for Dynavappers, or they aren't.

To their credit, I don't believe that DV vets third parties. They may endorse or embrace some, and perhaps they have offered negative opinions on some. But I don't think they have some sort of hoop-jumping approval process.

If you can create and you want to build something for Dynavap, have at it.

All that said, clearly none of this would apply to counterfeit gear, which is a completely different topic.

FWIW, I think the greatest threat to Dynavap is (Chinese) companies mass-producing tips and caps, which at the end of the day IS Dynavap.

I think this is why Dynavap has in the last few years accelerated changes to the tip and cap. Dynavap is an engineering-driven company, so no doubt the primary motivation is improvement and refinement. But making the tip and cap a moving target for large-scale counterfeiters probably figures in there to some degree.
This is good thinking, so of course I agree. I have no idea what horizons they might explore next, but I’m not letting go of the idea that they’re still exploring. Watch this space for news ....

Last edited:

vandalizedbythelotus

I feel like George’s stance on aftermarket stems just makes practical sense. When you take the tip and cap and condenser away, a stem is just a tube of a particular diameter, with or without a hole in the side. Imagine trying to enforce a patent for a tube with a hole in it. It would be a legal nightmare, and quickly become silly.

It makes business sense and PR sense to instead say “yes, artisans, make all the stems you want”. They need the tip and cap to work, and that is where patent protection would, I imagine, be rigorously enforced.
it's not even just the tip, it's just the cap that's required for a working TED.
like the OG glass is just a stem with a cap basically.
this person also makes glass stems with ground tips.
can't imagine dynavap enforcing patent protection in this case. hopefully i didn't get anyone in trouble.

Last edited:

Smokey McVape

Received my 2021 Omni and am extremely happy with it apart from one thing.
The captive cap is loose and rattles and has 3mm of play between the cap and tip making the vapour far too diluted for my liking. Easily remedied with a standard cap but I shouldn't have to replace anything on a £200 device. Dynavap should start offering a choice of caps at point of sale.

vandalizedbythelotus

Received my 2021 Omni and am extremely happy with it apart from one thing.
The captive cap is loose and rattles and has 3mm of play between the cap and tip making the vapour far too diluted for my liking. Easily remedied with a standard cap but I shouldn't have to replace anything on a £200 device. Dynavap should start offering a choice of caps at point of sale.
or rework/update the captive cap's captivation indents to remove/diminish play (even 1mm is way too much). because from what i see this vertical looseness is present on all tips with the captive.

this is basically the one thing breaking the captive cap for me.

StringTheorista

Is there any "do-it-yourself" way to solve the problem?
You can flatten the captive bumps with a needle-nose pliers, then squeeze the cap to fit. That helps, but it seems the captive cap is just a touch wider in diameter than the older caps, and so still seems to let more air pass.

I just found a combo that i love, after having put my non-modified captive cap aside: captive cap on 4th Gen 7 fin tip, on steel assassin stem with intercooler and no condenser. The airy captive cap is a great complement to the older 7 fin tip.

vandalizedbythelotus

Squeeze captive cap on sides that indents are not located so they (the indents) no longer "dig" into the tip...not the best solution but it can work...
it works but this basically makes it oval like the regular cap, removing the promise of airflow evenness
I've been pressing on the bump with the wood end of a Storz and Bickel brush. That pretty much made them a non issue for me.
ah but now can you still remove the very captive cap with a magnet from a hot tip for fast reloads with delicate fingertips?

Top Bottom