stark1

Lonesome Planet
Someone enterprising is “hustling” the free 77.77$ tip for a whopping $150. YMMV

Merry Christmas Whatever GIF by Jef Caine

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I believe I was the first person to use the term "gouging" when the $77 tips were first announced. I really regret it now and apologize to everyone for the anger it has caused. I was upset about the almost double cost for a DV tip as advertised.

However since then, those posts played a role in this turning into a real feud on this thread with a lot of harsh comments going back and forth. I know all things will pass with time, but I felt the need to apologize. I don't want to lose the civility we enjoy here on the FC.

Waiting to hear more about how these new tips are working for people.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
You have nothing to apologize for @BabyFacedFinster - in my opinion it was a stunt that fell flat. People with more money than sense went for it and others who had no intention of honoring their commitment signed up. DynaVap rewards these people. Now there is a tip on r/DynavapExchange for $150. Reddit uses Karma points. I'd suggest using them to make 'scalping' 7-fin tips taboo.

To those gifting their winfall - all the power to you and thank you for holding up the better angels among us.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Reddit uses Karma points. I'd suggest using them to make 'scalping' 7-fin tips taboo.

Ooooh great idea, use the reward system to peer pressure others into behaving the right way. That's the spirit! Maybe that will cool our greed too!

As someone who never had an interest in the 7 finners, I had quite a bit of fun watching this. Muhahaha². :-)

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Ooooh great idea, use the reward system to peer pressure others into behaving the right way. That's the spirit! Maybe that will cool our greed too!

As someone who never had an interest in the 7 finners, I had quite a bit of fun watching this. Muhahaha². :-)

Can’t wait till you have one, to try; & if you find it less than endearing, you can simply send it my way? :myday:

Dance Christmas GIF by happydog

Last edited:
stark1,
Reactions: Siebter

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
You have nothing to apologize for @BabyFacedFinster - in my opinion it was a stunt that fell flat. People with more money than sense went for it and others who had no intention of honoring their commitment signed up. DynaVap rewards these people. Now there is a tip on r/DynavapExchange for $150. Reddit uses Karma points. I'd suggest using them to make 'scalping' 7-fin tips taboo.

To those gifting their winfall - all the power to you and thank you for holding up the better angels among us.

One of the few INTELLIGENT posts on the “DV gift” subject. I have only been reading lately, as folks are passionate about this brand, which leads to good points on both sides, but why I finally jumped in, was TommyDee’s use of the word.... “STUNT”. Because good or bad that’s what marketing attempted. And it could work out great for them in marketing, or as we’ve seen here, DIVISION, confusion. Time will tell and heal.

So for transparency, I know I would NEVER be able to tell the difference between any 7-fin tip, so why my interest? Two weeks ago, I bought my 2nd Titanium tip on sale, I prefer them to the SS tips. I don’t plan on or foresee needing or buying anymore. I was always curious about the elusive 7-Fin.... So while my brain says after reading all the older posts on this subject, that it was logically a waste of money for me to give it a 2nd thought, at any price. Then the “sign up for 7-fin interest” notice, well I justified the $77 so I could just get something that looks cool, and END my tip purchases. One Ti Tip for my Simrell Ti Vortex, one for Simrell Cocobola Vortex, and the last for a 14mm glass wand.

So I joined up, got the notice and put myself on the interest list for ONE tip.

So why is it a STUNT.... because evidently it was not a SINCERE offer, but a “clever ruse”. I was and am willing to buy one at $77, I’ve received no response. In the end, whether I get a “free” one or not, I assumed after following the online instructions that IF there was enough interest, they would consider a limited run, and I would have one reserved for me at $77, no problem. So free gift or not, it’s a marketing STUNT. Right now I’m in limbo as to my status, and may not be able to purchase one. I’ll get over it quickly....

Good or bad stunt, is for you to decide. A positive marketing effect is I’ll bet a lot more DV fans, will JOIN up for the DV notifications.... I did... they should have my shipping address... hint... hint... But I have cash too...

I want to share what I sent to Dynavap:

I want to thank you so much for the 2 7fin tips that you sent me, I have wanted one from the first time I seen one! They just look sexy! And at $77 I singed up hoping that I had a few weeks to scratch up some extra cash to get 2. When I went to my PO Box this weekend I had an early Christmas from “Santa” I was totally stunned to get not just one but 2 7fin tips! But you went further then that with a 2019m and a very nice Dynavap case to boot!!

I cant remember that last time I was given a gift for Christmas from anyone so this was very special to me, I want to thank you so much for giving and spreading joy to people, its in these times that we need it most.

Thank you!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I was such a die hard Omni user for years... Fuck, I have 3 of them!

I am shocked EVERY DAY that goes by and I just no longer use them, I find I pull my JoeKing Assassin with regular condenser 99% of the time [unless it is cleaning].

@FlyingLow ,was it you who posted that Assassin stems are sold without the complete $250 setup.

Could you post the link, so I could get one? Your raving has me curious, if the condensers are the same
Length as a VC, I am good to fly low.

Otherwise, I am reluctant to jump off a perfectly good plane (my VapCap)
cat flying GIF
happy skydiving GIF by Guava Juice

Cream city is outer stock. High Tech Vape is a bit of a gouge.

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
LOL, try this link for CreamCity... though it looks like they are sold out of all but the most expensive options.

I'd reach out to Joe King directly via insta. joekingco if you want one of the standard finishes.
He puts out some nice work, even has a neat little keg-barrel Dynavap WPA coming out soon.

joner

To those with the shell shock stem: what are you carrying it around in? I love my silo xl for pocketing my vapcaps but alas, the shell shock won't fit (too girthy lol). I had a dynastash (or futo?) and wasn't crazy about it, although it looks like the ID on that works (but my standard length is too short). It can't be my DD vapcap until I figure something out. My Frankenstein M continues in that role in the meantime.

I'm looking at doobie tubes right now, but haven't confirmed what the ID is on them. Quite sure the length will be perfect with the provided drop tip, others maybe not so much.

Anyone carrying these around in their pocket?

joner,

jabba

LOL, try this link for CreamCity... though it looks like they are sold out of all but the most expensive options.

I'd reach out to Joe King directly via insta. joekingco if you want one of the standard finishes.
He puts out some nice work, even has a neat little keg-barrel Dynavap WPA coming out soon.
Wow. JoeKing's photos are great. Very interesting....but very expensive.

jabba,

joerghustle

To those with the shell shock stem: what are you carrying it around in? I love my silo xl for pocketing my vapcaps but alas, the shell shock won't fit (too girthy lol). I had a dynastash (or futo?) and wasn't crazy about it, although it looks like the ID on that works (but my standard length is too short). It can't be my DD vapcap until I figure something out. My Frankenstein M continues in that role in the meantime.

I'm looking at doobie tubes right now, but haven't confirmed what the ID is on them. Quite sure the length will be perfect with the provided drop tip, others maybe not so much.

Anyone carrying these around in their pocket?

joerghustle,
Top Bottom