thunderstealer1337

It's not the ih, the caldron did leave a major indent in the middle of the caps, after the first week of use I put in cork bushing in between the switch.

Other ih I use don't even have activation switch at bottom and just external power button so it's definitely not something from the ih themselves.

I believe it's my technique, I will go through 6+ click cycles back to back. Ever since I started this technique a week or so, now my caps are being damaged.

Previously no signs for past 5-6 months of use.

thunderstealer1337,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Don't get it ... this is my cap after 6 mos of caldron use ... minor dent in the middle ... yours looks like you took a ball peen hammer to it ...

View attachment 2880

Mine have that too. This has come up before. I understand it to be from the activation switches on the Caldron and PSM I have. Hasn't gotten any worse or, from what I can tell, affected function.

Not too sure on the fix for it. I see that people talk about adding the silicone that @Pipes uses now or a piece of cork, but wouldn't that raise the vapcap a bit in the heating chamber and alter heating?

BabyFacedFinster,

thunderstealer1337

Mine have that too. This has come up before. I understand it to be from the activation switches on the Caldron and PSM I have. Hasn't gotten any worse or, from what I can tell, affected function.

Not too sure on the fix for it. I see that people talk about adding the silicone that @Pipes uses now or a piece of cork, but wouldn't that raise the vapcap a bit in the heating chamber and alter heating?
mine is not from the activation switch,

this is the same cap, you can see the activation indent that I have already solved by using cork within the 1st or 2nd week of using the caldron
NWoC9mj.jpg

kEC2oGM.jpg

also pictured is a 3rd cap that only has the indent from the caldron (again already have a band aid in) but does not have other any other indents

BabyFacedFinster

mine is not from the activation switch,

this is the same cap, you can see the activation indent that I have already solved by using cork within the 1st or 2nd week of using the caldron
NWoC9mj.jpg

kEC2oGM.jpg

also pictured is a 3rd cap that only has the indent from the caldron (again already have a band aid in) but does not have other any other indents

Must be gnomes then. Little bastards. They sneak in and do these things while we sleep. Some of them love underpants too.

BabyFacedFinster

I have to move discretly because of police controls around me ...this is my most pocket-size and discret (dyna)vape, made in boxwood

Very nice @Duba. Well done.

Is the mouthpiece at the end of the branching stem?

Sorry to hear that your government is aggresively against cannabis. Hopefully there will be change in the near future.

shopdognyc

Just throwing out there for those with BB9 or thinking of getting. I couldn’t get my titanium tip to be firm. Some have suggested running cotton thread under the rings.
I swapped out with the stainless and it’s solid. Maybe it’s how to rings sit on the tip or how much they protrude.

GoldenBud

Just throwing out there for those with BB9 or thinking of getting. I couldn’t get my titanium tip to be firm. Some have suggested running cotton thread under the rings.
I swapped out with the stainless and it’s solid. Maybe it’s how to rings sit on the tip or how much they protrude.
are your orings lubricated? lol
you can't get your tip on the glass right?

GoldenBud,

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Do you have a small bearing/ foreign object in the bottom?
Although I've known you for a while now Mr Starky, I'm not entirely comfortable revealing the answer to such a personal question here on this public thread
Sounds like el positivo to me! :lol:

. . . . and, how could I forget! Here's a little VC love to help smooth out proceedings. . . . .
Mountain-Cap.jpg

:peace:

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Although I've known you for a while now Mr Starky, I'm not entirely comfortable revealing the answer to such a personal question here on this public thread.

Perhaps a DM would be more appropriate?

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. :cool:

I’ve often wondered why you seem so testicle sometimes....

(My mom told me to avoid old stoners with mightymites.
Vapcaps, maybe) :spliff:

Whoops! Sorry, thought you were the other blowhard. LOL

Last edited:

Majordude2626

Yeah mine is a little loose. Not deal breaker loose but some times I have to grip the fin to get cap off when removing cap.

Majordude2626,

shopdognyc

Yeah mine is a little loose. Not deal breaker loose but some times I have to grip the fin to get cap off when removing cap.
Yea, had that issue. Found it stay in better when the stainless tip. I have a leather fold that I use to grab the cap, and with the titanium tip it just comes out half the time. Solid with the stainless.

shopdognyc,

thunderstealer1337

from what I have seen and had in my own hands, the dynavap qc is lacking, ive had tips ss/ti fit in a few stems then and not in others.

If you search enough, i would say there are a few posts throughout the month about their bb9 breaking from insert/removal of tip for cleaning

ddavemod knows about this and provides diff orings kits for larger/smaller as they already know of this issue

my dynacraft stem cracked from first removal or reinsert of the tip, my very first few posts i posted about the drastically different 2020m tips I have gotten as well, you can go back and see the drastically different cut pattern and a huge weight difference.

..... or "non-standard" sized tips, we include two sizes of o-rings. Red are stock sized and the brown are thicker to best-effort accommodate the fitment of those smaller tips.

shopdognyc

from what I have seen and had in my own hands, the dynavap qc is lacking, ive had tips ss/ti fit in a few stems then and not in others.

If you search enough, i would say there are a few posts throughout the month about their bb9 breaking from insert/removal of tip for cleaning

ddavemod knows about this and provides diff orings kits for larger/smaller as they already know of this issue

my dynacraft stem cracked from first removal or reinsert of the tip, my very first few posts i posted about the drastically different 2020m tips I have gotten as well, you can go back and see the drastically different cut pattern and a huge weight difference.
I have to agree. Stems I've gotten elsewhere purchasing with tips pretty solid. I did think how did it get so popular when things are wobbly. Does the job, emptying the bowl sometimes is something else.

thunderstealer1337

yea ive had 2020m where it felt like you needed to put it in a vise to remove the tip, and others just simple twist and remove, nice collection @shopdognyc do you know of when they changed the cap design, now the cap's poker is more tapered, before it was just a straight u cutout no?

thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: shopdognyc

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
do you know of when they changed the cap design, now the cap's poker is more tapered, before it was just a straight u cutout no?

Must have been sometime last year; I have a couple of 2018 caps and they are cut straight. With the new layout they also made it easier to fiddle a tool between fins and the cap should it be stuck. Soon after that they introduced the serial numbers I think. *speculating*

Siebter,

shopdognyc

yea ive had 2020m where it felt like you needed to put it in a vise to remove the tip, and others just simple twist and remove, nice collection @shopdognyc do you know of when they changed the cap design, now the cap's poker is more tapered, before it was just a straight u cutout no?
that can't tell you. i didn't know what a dynavap was two months ago haha.

if and when I need to remove when hot, I take a fold of a leather scrap i have to handle. was thinking of asking my watch strap guy to make me one, but think should be easy to make myself...

if anyone interested in the concept..

shopdognyc,

shopdognyc

I am using a N52 5/16" diameter x 1/8" thick magnets, normal axial magnets, to pull the hot cap. Makes for easy inspection and quick cap removal in case of near combustion.

how does that compare to the magnet that they sell on the site?

shopdognyc,
Reactions: Xclerk
Top Bottom