turtlehotel

Greetings Dynacquaintances. Been a minute!

noticed an email from @Sneaky Pete store, advertising stock of the new orion IH.... It looks awesome. What the dynaverse has been waiting for. Truly portable ih... That being said. I put one in the cart n checked out to see the total price... $300 CAD??! I laughed n said 'fuck No. NEVER'! I hope it performs/sells well, and I'll be lurking to hear ppls experiences with it, but imo that's aggressively overpriced. Probably what I paid for both my PSM and Fluxdeluxe combined!

Stay healthy
the price is pretty steep. i opted for the dynacup instead. ive had it for about 2 months now with no issues(but ive heard many) if or when it breaks im just going to reverse engineer it.

What is the best and careful way to clean a cap without damaging it?
Ultrasonic cleaner. its worth investing in one they tend to be around 30 for cheap ones and go up. i had a 17 cap i though was done for but it cleaned it right up. also gets rid of stains on the tip so it looks like new. i personally use mean green then boiled water both for 5 minutes.

View attachment 2585Anyone know how 2 clean the sooty shit, iso doesn’t touch it
only thing ive found that works is sonic cleaners with mean green

Skinku

Hello fellow DynaVapians.
I purchased some Dark Crystal Glass Cleaner to scuffle with my caps and tips.
Here they are, used a few times after as good a clean I could give with Iso and the Magic Eraser,, the caps could be better but I had real trouble getting a good purchase on them to Magic Erase and I didn't want to rub the logos off.
IMG_4494.jpeg
Liquid before and after an overnight soak, given it an occasional jiggle when I remembered.
IMG_4495.jpeg
The results after rinsing and cleaning with a microfibre cloth.
IMG_4496.jpeg
The caps need work with toothpaste or a polish if I can be arsed.
The tips are tip top.

GoldenBud

Ok I found out how to extract a bowl in 1 hit (around 0.06g) in the M2020 with the captive cap, so it feels like M2019 with regular cap, huge tasty cloud (the bubbler is fully white and the taste is great) :
do exactly like simrell (starts around 1:50) BUT spin the M super fast... airport fully opened. so good

Mr.Sifter

Correct Dynatec Orion Battery and charging stats:

Voltage: 5V 2.3A
Capacity: 2445mAh
Charching time from 0% to 100%: 1:10h

what is THAT thing you use to control the energy flow to your orion? That would be great to control the orion‘s battery to stay between 20-90% to prolong its lifespan.
tell me more

Mr.Sifter,

hinglemccringleberry

Has anyone tried using the Dynacoil with nothing but ground flower? With the CCD screen installed, of course. Im thinking it might eliminate the need to stir and possibly increase performance?
Even though stirring isn't "needed" with ground herb on the VC, I can still get a bigger final hit if I do stir.

WirtDog

Dynavap customer service emailed me and basically said all I can do is pay $ 95 to buy another Omni XL condenser and mouthpiece. No offer of anything? I did not want a warranty replacement but I wish they had offered me a new condenser for say $ 50. I would have been fine with that. Now I feel like throwing the re

I heard back from DV customer service yesterday. At first, they were not willing to do anything but sell me the Omni XL condenser and mouthpiece as listed in the Parts section for $ 95? I pushed back and listed all the DynaVap items I have purchased recently and made it clear I was not happy. Several hours later, I received another follow-up email saying I could box it up, return it, and they would replace it at no charge. I am trying to clarify if they want the entire unit or just the condenser? I do think it might be useful for them to examine the parts to see what failed. I am not familiar with the techniques used to fix the threaded cylinder to the actual titanium condenser tube but there are two tiny circle marks on the tube itself that appear to be braising or soldering marks where the threaded cylinder was.

I am pleased with the offer. I was very willing to pay for the part that failed. I did not tap the condenser very hard against the screen but I did not realize how badly it was stuck. I had been using one of George’s favorite drawing techniques? It works as he said but the residue behind the screen builds up really fast. Had I realized that I would have soaked the tip in 91% alcohol and freed it that way. Now, I know what to expect next time. I have my Simrell stem and titanium tip and cap to use during the exchange.

My apologies to the administrator that had to merge my posts. Had a little trouble getting acclimated to how the site worked. Think I have got it now?
Dynavap customer service emailed me and basically said all I can do is pay $ 95 to buy another Omni XL condenser and mouthpiece. No offer of anything? I did not want a warranty replacement but I wish they had offered me a new condenser for say $ 50. I would have been fine with that. Now I feel like throwing the re

I heard back from DV customer service yesterday. At first, they were not willing to do anything but sell me the Omni XL condenser and mouthpiece as listed in the Parts section for $ 95? I pushed back and listed all the DynaVap items I have purchased recently and made it clear I was not happy. Several hours later, I received another follow-up email saying I could box it up, return it, and they would replace it at no charge. I am trying to clarify if they want the entire unit or just the condenser? I do think it might be useful for them to examine the parts to see what failed. I am not familiar with the techniques used to fix the threaded cylinder to the actual titanium condenser tube but there are two tiny circle marks on the tube itself that appear to be braising or soldering marks where the threaded cylinder was.

I am pleased with the offer. I was very willing to pay for the part that failed. I did not tap the condenser very hard against the screen but I did not realize how badly it was stuck. I had been using one of George’s favorite drawing techniques? It works as he said but the residue behind the screen builds up really fast. Had I realized that I would have soaked the tip in 91% alcohol and freed it that way. Now, I know what to expect next time. I have my Simrell stem and titanium tip and cap to use during the exchange.

My apologies to the administrator that had to merge my posts. Had a little trouble getting acclimated to how the site worked. Think I have got it now?

Update...my return to Dynavap was finally received after 3 weeks in USPS system!!! They are going to send me a new replacement Omni XL condenser at no charge. So, all is well and I am a happy camper.

shopdognyc

I prefer low temp cap when using a Ti tip in the Orion. The heater is very aggressive. Low temp cap delivers huge clouds with less chance of scorch.

I never used that low temp. How much quicker does the temp come? Does the metal heat differently or does the cap click sooner?

shopdognyc,

Majordude2626

I never used that low temp. How much quicker does the temp come? Does the metal heat differently or does the cap click sooner?
I don’t really have many specifics, With the Orion regular cap about 11 blinks till click. With low temp click it’s 9 blinks. I let George explain.

Majordude2626,

thunderstealer1337

low temp caps n my experience is about 1 sec earlier in a IH or 2-3 less secs via torch

functionality is exactly the same as the other caps, the 2 disks click at like 20? degrees or so lower then the reg ones?

Hello fellow DynaVapians.
I purchased some Dark Crystal Glass Cleaner to scuffle with my caps and tips.
Here they are, used a few times after as good a clean I could give with Iso and the Magic Eraser,, the caps could be better but I had real trouble getting a good purchase on them to Magic Erase and I didn't want to rub the logos off.

Liquid before and after an overnight soak, given it an occasional jiggle when I remembered.

The results after rinsing and cleaning with a microfibre cloth.

The caps need work with toothpaste or a polish if I can be arsed.
The tips are tip top.
looks great, where did you hear about dark crystal? Ive tried so many things in the past 20+ years from combusting pipes/bubblers/bongs and this one tops them all! And there is no salt or abrasive particles to help scrub yet this thing cleans better!

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

Personally I would rather have a 'regular' cap and just stop heating before the click if I want low temp hits. It would drive me crazy using a low temp cap trying to achieve max extraction, and having to guess how long to heat past the click to finish off a load. It's better to have the guess-work done on the low temp end of the spectrum rather than the high temp end.

shopdognyc

Personally I would rather have a 'regular' cap and just stop heating before the click if I want low temp hits. It would drive me crazy using a low temp cap trying to achieve max extraction, and having to guess how long to heat past the click to finish off a load. It's better to have the guess-work done on the low temp end of the spectrum rather than the high temp end.
Repeat cycles would eventually get to the end no? Same with regular cap for me

shopdognyc,

thunderstealer1337

MSCrKY2.jpg

so ive recently changed my technique with my dynavaps, I immediately used them back to back via IH 5-6+ to clear the bowl.

Previously I would pulse and clear the bowls in 1-2 hits.

Is the cap not cooling down enough after the 5th or 6th cycle and denting the cap? I have 3/5 showing signs of this, this one the picture doesnt do it justice it looks like its really close to being punctured

thunderstealer1337,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Wonder what’s causing the small in-DENTations (looks like small puncture wounds).

Do you have a small bearing/ foreign object in the bottom?

stark1,
Reactions: VegNVape

LabPong

MSCrKY2.jpg

Is the cap not cooling down enough after the 5th or 6th cycle and denting the cap? I have 3/5 showing signs of this, this one the picture doesnt do it justice it looks like its really close to being punctured

Looks like what ever IH your using....needs some rubber/protection on the heater switch in the tube. 2mm silicone matting works perfect if you can find some. Pipes uses something like this now on his. I had some from my work and have been using it for years now.

Back on Pipes pages......

Top Bottom