notams

toke down Babylon
After 14 months of honored activity my SS ccd broke ...šŸ˜–
I won't be able to use it tonight ....
He fought hard and honored his family. His sacrifice was not in vain, for he faithfully and dutifully served @TiSteamo He kept his lungs clean and his body high.

Sometimes things got a little bit hot between them. But at the end of the day (or mid morning, or evening, or late afternoon) they would settle down and have a nice bowl together.

There was that one time TiSteamo set ccd's house on fire after locking him inside. Amazingly, ccd forgave him and they shared another bowl after a quick bath. Why can't we all be as forgiving and generous ss ccd? His generosity and good nature will be missed. I'm sure TiSteamo will look back on the happy times they shared and not remember anything,just as ccd would've wanted it.

Sail on, sweet angel of screens! Fly away to a better place! Rid yourself of the shackles of the cap and free yourself of the relentless burning. Find the bliss of knowing you have served your master well and laid down your life for a greater purpose - getting TiSteamo high.

LabPong

Daaaamn... That sucks! Gonna vap a cap or two for you and your SS ccd, comrade. I've heard people talk about modding regular bowl screens for use in the tips, so maybe that's an avenue to examine today/this evening?

Yes that is a simple quick fix....in fact i use only normal cut down screens in all my vapcap. No need for the restrictive CCD ones if you go through water. But if you direct draw to mouth.....2 normal screens if you have no ccd.

Check my pics on page 11.

LabPong,

notams

toke down Babylon
@darkspider64 Althouth DVs are made (supposedly) to the same specifications from one unit to the next I've noticed that each device has its own "personality".

There's nothing wrong with the device. It's just that your style and its design don't mesh. And... This doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong.

I haven't bonded with my 20M yet. We just seem to bicker like an old married couple that should've got divorced years ago.

Your money, your vape, your decision. Personally, I'd sell the 20 & get a Phantom.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Hi guys! I ve a quick question, which has been asked multiple times i guess..
2020m vs 2019m
i own both and i don t know, if i m doing something wrong, but with the 2020 i get either unfinished bowls or combust.
finding the chiral airports simply sux.
i just wanted to see others' opinions about 2019 vs 2020..maybe i m doing something wrong..
i consider selling the 2020 and get a rosium or phantom 19 (cause u can t really find em anymore, but in my country there s stock :d)
I don't like the '20. Same experience for me. I think it is for people preferring a different vape profile.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Hi guys! I ve a quick question, which has been asked multiple times i guess..
2020m vs 2019m
i own both and i don t know, if i m doing something wrong, but with the 2020 i get either unfinished bowls or combust.
finding the chiral airports simply sux.
i just wanted to see others' opinions about 2019 vs 2020..maybe i m doing something wrong..
i consider selling the 2020 and get a rosium or phantom 19 (cause u can t really find em anymore, but in my country there s stock :d)
After several years of using vapcaps, I don't like either one of them. I got the 20M with c-vap (heat treated 19M) and was disappointed with both. I think the c-vap is one of the 19M's with an improperly milled tip because the air flow is so poor. I don't understand the mentality behind sending out inferior parts with the intent of giving it to a potential new customer, but whatever. I would not give that junk to anyone - so it's now a WoodScents stem and I gave the 20M to my buddy. I think the 20M is great for people that are new to DV - but frustrating otherwise. I'm back to using my 18M (filed) tip in 17M body or the omnis.

proz9c

After several years of using vapcaps, I don't like either one of them. I got the 20M with c-vap (heat treated 19M) and was disappointed with both. I think the c-vap is one of the 19M's with an improperly milled tip because the air flow is so poor. I don't understand the mentality behind sending out inferior parts with the intent of giving it to a potential new customer, but whatever. I would not give that junk to anyone - so it's now a WoodScents stem and I gave the 20M to my buddy. I think the 20M is great for people that are new to DV - but frustrating otherwise. I'm back to using my 18M (filed) tip in 17M body or the omnis.

When you say "the omnis" does that mean the whole thing, the condenser or? I dislike the 20m airflow aswell, i'ts my first vape so nothing to compare.. Wondering how I can better it cheapest possible.. Ti tip? Other SS tip?

thunderstealer1337

Its been documented that the ccaps are a marketing gimmick.

Youll get one for $4.20 realize its unuseable as is and buy new tips/caps/bodies for it.

Its actually a very smart marketing move by them.

Thunderstealer1337,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
While I have (at least one of) all the Ms other than the '20, I have never become a lover of the M series. I do really like (and use) my Ti Omni, my Blackwood Woody, and both of my Nonavongs (mostly in glass) and I prefer the Ti tips they carry over steel ones. I do occasionally use the Ms anyway, and I tend to carry them in places I think there is a chance I may have to toss them because it wouldn't break my heart if I lost one. If I lost the Omni or the Woody I would seek to replace it right away.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
When you say "the omnis" does that mean the whole thing, the condenser or? I dislike the 20m airflow aswell, i'ts my first vape so nothing to compare.. Wondering how I can better it cheapest possible.. Ti tip? Other SS tip?
It means the whole thing - I have a cocobolo XL and a carbon fiber standard - both with 7fin tips. The airflow was ok with the 20M - but the tip did not behave like my 17M and 18M tips which I have grown accustomed to. I use the omnis at home and my hybrid M is my traveler.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I keep hearing concerns about the 2020 SS tip with draw resistance. I really like the '19 tips I've used so I might just stick with them.

A couple other thoughts I've had about the DV experience. My latest wood stem has no airhole or carb. I don't miss it in the least. In fact, it is refreshing to not have to search for an airhole with every hit.

Also, I assume that folks understand the difference between mouth vs lung pulls. I would have been out of the DV world a long time ago if not for two things. One is using an induction heater over a torch, the other is learning how to properly do mouthpulls. Again this is my preference YMMV, but if folks are having trouble enjoying their new DV because they are trying to suck down vapor the way you would with many battery powered vapes then maybe this is the issue. In the beginning I was doing the direct to lung draw and would tire out my muscles very quickly. Then I learned the mouthpull method made famous by @Squiby.

In a nut shell, instead of long draws all the way down, you mouthpull like you would with a cigar, then suck it down in multiple small draws. You only draw vapor into your mouth first, then suck it down in a two step process. This made all the difference for me. I know she posted the steps on the old FC and if I can find it I'll link it here. But if you haven't tried this and are suffering then you must give it a go. For many who have been here a while it is common knowledge, but I post this for those out of the know.

edit: Below is an excerpt from a post by @squiby on the old FC. I hope it's ok to do it this way. She talks about learning this method originally from @naturalfarmer.

"So, this is it. Toking often is done by simultaneously drawing in vapor while inhaling it into your lungs. The classic joint toke.

Instead, try pulling the vapor into your mouth first, similar to puffing on a cigarette. Cover the carb of your Vapcap to restrict air flow, pull some vapor into your mouth but do not inhale, yet. Imagine that you are sucking up a thick milkshake through a straw. Once the vapor is in your mouth, near the end of the toke, uncover the carb momentarily, then open your mouth and inhale the cooled mouth vapor along with fresh air into your lungs. No need to hold in the vapor endlessly, it enters your system instantaneously, so you can exhale in a reasonably normal way."

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
@BabyFacedFinster You bring up a really good point. Any time someone unfamiliar with DV says they're having 'airflow" issues the first question should be,' "do you do lung draws?"

I never thought of that. Great insight. And.... To go right to mouth of god herself, Sqidby, shows class.

I wish she would come back. :nod:

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦āœŠ
I just tried @LabPong's screen mod with my 20M and yessir it's niiiiiice. It really feels different somehow; perhaps more thorough extraction and more natural draw somehow? My layman's understanding of the small convection component of the device is that during the draw, some of the airport air is heated and passed through the material. Is that accurate? The whole draw just felt like it had more flow, compared to the standard CCD. I like it.

Only problem that I had was that my extra sharp scissor cutting attempt just didn't get clean cuts without leaving behind those frayed bits on the edges.
Does anyone know if there are options available for clean screen cutting? Like a single hole punch for wire mesh? Thanks for any suggestions.

LabPong

My layman's understanding of the small convection component of the device is that during the draw, some of the airport air is heated and passed through the material. Is that accurate? The whole draw just felt like it had more flow, compared to the standard CCD. I like it.

No, the air incoming from the port does not ever touch the load. But yes you are extracting with less restriction as the screen allows more air all through the load. There really is no convection with the dynavap as the heat is the oven...then you pull cold air into it that moves through the load. Convection.....just hot air moves through the load and the oven is not heated separately.

I would imagine with any of the SS tips....this would make a huge help in the M's restricted draw. I only use the Ti tips, so the difference for me might not be as noticeable. Also, I only go through water and that sort of makes the draw pressures not as prominent as direct drawing.

Very cool you took the time to try this out Cilantro.....hope it helps all those that have issues with the draw resistance.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
There really is no convection with the dynavap as the heat is the oven

While you heat the device, it's conduction, but when you draw, convection comes into play (heat from the cap ā†’ chamber).

Again this is my preference YMMV, but if folks are having trouble enjoying their new DV because they are trying to suck down vapor the way you would with many battery powered vapes then maybe this is the issue. In the beginning I was doing the direct to lung draw and would tire out my muscles very quickly.

I totally prefer ā€žmouth pullā€œ or mouth-to-lung as it's called in the e cig world (as opposed to ā€ždirect lungā€œ) but I think it's important to notice that both techniques (and their combinations) work very well. I have an Omni, one w/o a condenser and one with a spinning mouthpiece, they all allow full sessions without covering the airport at all. It takes a tad longer until vapor appears, but if you keep drawing it can be a great experience which I love more and more lately.

I'm just saying that MTL draws are definitely not the only way to get great clouds with a Dynavap.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
While you heat the device, it's conduction, but when you draw, convection comes into play (heat from the cap ā†’ chamber).

I totally prefer ā€žmouth pullā€œ or mouth-to-lung as it's called in the e cig world (as opposed to ā€ždirect lungā€œ) but I think it's important to notice that both techniques (and their combinations) work very well. I have an Omni, one w/o a condenser and one with a spinning mouthpiece, they all allow full sessions without covering the airport at all. It takes a tad longer until vapor appears, but if you keep drawing it can be a great experience which I love more and more lately.

I'm just saying that MTL draws are definitely not the only way to get great clouds with a Dynavap.

Indeed, as I assume my lungs are actually allergic to herb, I cough with all my devices at any temperature. I donā€™t own or want any DV stems ā€œwithoutā€ an airport/carb. Being able to feather some fresh air in my inhalationā€™s allows me to continue vaping, and helps reduce coughing.

The $$$ investment in a Simrell Vortex stem was good for me, and I find itā€™s carb easier to find and use over my stock 19m and 20m stems, and the Vortex is longer, which helps if you use an IH to heat, as the heat climbs up the stems slowly after each heating cycle, (not with a glass stem like BB9).

Using the Simrell adapter, I use the Vortex on my S&B Mighty, replacing the short plastic mouthpiece. I use itā€™s carb to introduce a bit of fresh air, and it adds additional cooling, and helps me cough less. So for me at least, airports and carbs are necessary. YMMV

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I have to say that I am just now realizing how much I don't like stainless steel stems. Although I know metal doesn't 'taste' like anything, it does activate biological responses.

I've been using wooden stems or hybrid wood/glass for some time now. I never notice a 'taste'. All my vaping receptors are clogged so anything off is easily detected.

This 'noticing' started when I got the '20-M. It was the first time I actually tried using an M as intended. It tasted metallic! The more heat, the more metallic. I put that bitch aside and haven't touched it since... at least the tip and cap. I use the stem for the hybrid M-omni, the XL condenser in a '20 body and a Ti tip. This thing hits like a monster but the flavor is still -metalic-. It is most likely just the saliva on the mouthpiece but it is not pleasurable to me in the least.

Anyone switching from M's to say BB9's notice anything similar?

@Thunderstealer1337 - put the money toward the Ti Tip and Low Temp Cap. Do you have stems, condensers? :twocents:

Prophecy

I co-ordered a TI-Tip for a friend with my last order from vapshop and for me the BB9 glas stem and the little rippa glass from easy flow.
Yesterday that order arrived and I noticed some differences in the TI-Tip compared to my existing Gen6 TI-Tip, the cutouts on the rim are slightly wider and deeper but the spiral channels on the outside are slightly narrower in width than on my existing Tip.

For illustration I have taken a photo of it, not that I have a problem with my Tip it works and does his job but why is there so a difference on the same Tip generation?
IMG_20200611_213018.jpgIMG_20200611_221420.jpg

So and at the end a nice cloudy full session video with my new glass piece the setup is OmniXl with condenser full extendet on smallest bowl setting and a low temp cap heated with my skeletor induction heater. :smug:

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I have to say that I am just now realizing how much I don't like stainless steel stems. Although I know metal doesn't 'taste' like anything, it does activate biological responses.

I've been using wooden stems or hybrid wood/glass for some time now. I never notice a 'taste'. All my vaping receptors are clogged so anything off is easily detected.

This 'noticing' started when I got the '20-M. It was the first time I actually tried using an M as intended. It tasted metallic! The more heat, the more metallic. I put that bitch aside and haven't touched it since... at least the tip and cap. I use the stem for the hybrid M-omni, the XL condenser in a '20 body and a Ti tip. This thing hits like a monster but the flavor is still -metalic-. It is most likely just the saliva on the mouthpiece but it is not pleasurable to me in the least.

Anyone switching from M's to say BB9's notice anything similar?

@Thunderstealer1337 - put the money toward the Ti Tip and Low Temp Cap. Do you have stems, condensers? :twocents:

You know the issue of some tasting stainless as well as titanium has been ageless. I guess for ME, my tastebuds donā€™t seem to notice, BUT I think some of that MAY be psychological, meaning I mentally block it. But then why do I always seem to go for titanium products??? I canā€™t argue ALL GLASS PATH is best for neutral flavor influence, but for some like me flavor is my #2, again my tastebuds are older and probably muted, so ALL GLASS is nice, but the breakage factor, places it #2 over un-breakable titanium products, of course my rigs and fittings are all glass. As far as the DV stems you mentioned, I only have a 19M, and 20M, while impressed at first, because they were shiny and new, I quickly felt they felt cheap somehow, heavy, cold feeling STAINLESS STEEL, and all the glittery metal stem cuts, seemed like window dressing, WHEREā€™s the freakin AIRPORT..... So since Iā€™m not a wood guy, I ponied up for the expensive Simrell Vortex Long stem. 90% positive reviews I had read, made me feel like a good gamble, and the twisty internal removable cooler, made logical sense to cool the vapor better then a straight path. And since the carb hole is the only thing on the smooth stem, itā€™s so much easier then the DV ā€œMā€ lineup, but remembering those are the entry level models, I have no experience with any of the more expensive ones. I think the TIPS are a bigger factor overall then the stems. So yeah, NO stainless steel stems for me, but not mainly for any perceived flavor effects, and BB9 glass stem for water rigs.

LabPong

It not real convection as far as a true convection vape is.... and you can taste/sense the diff as well.

Real convection is hot ass air ripping through cold ass bud. lol The dynavap is the opposite of that.

You can try to figure out what % of convection it might be, as small as it most likely is.....but it's very different in use results.

LabPong,
Reactions: cilantro
Top Bottom